ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags assassinations , JFK assassination , John F. Kennedy , Kennedy conspiracies

Reply
Old 17th November 2018, 12:47 PM   #2241
Axxman300
Illuminator
 
Axxman300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central California Coast
Posts: 3,333
Originally Posted by JimmyB View Post
I am sure Oswald fired some of the shots but if he was behind Kennedy and the Presidents skull and brains were blown out of the back of his head did he fire the kill shot.
.exploreforensics.co.uk/entrance-and-exit-wounds.html
The assassination is on film.

Nothing comes out the back of Kennedy's head.
__________________
Disingenuous Piranha
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2018, 12:59 PM   #2242
Elagabalus
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 3,380
Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
On this day, November 17, 1963, Oswald returns to the Sportsdome Gun Range in Grand Prairie, TX. He had gone shooting out there after the General Walker rally, and now - the day after the motorcade has been announced - he's doing serious target practice.

He was remembered by Howard Price, and Dr. Homer Wood, and Wood's 13 year-old son, Sterling. The Carcano with scope stood out because the overloaded 160 grain 6.5 round made the rifle spit flame when fired. According to the younger Wood, Oswald 8 for 10 at 100 yards.

The shooting range story is an obvious problem because Oswald doesn't have a car, and was driven out there by a still unidentified man. During the FBI interview the agents drove young Sterling to tears, and Dr. Wood wanted to wash his hands of the whole affair.

Here's the thing, whoever drove Oswald out to the range dropped him off. Dr. Wood and his son gave him a ride home to his Beckley Street apartment. The conversation drifted around to Minsk where the Woods had relatives. After the assassination, Marina contacted the Woods asking if they could forward letters to her family. Turns out her family and their families knew each other.
Did Oswald just thumb a ride out to the range? Did Dr. Wood have a conversation with Oswald on the way back to Beckley Street?
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2018, 09:08 PM   #2243
Axxman300
Illuminator
 
Axxman300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central California Coast
Posts: 3,333
Originally Posted by Elagabalus View Post
Did Oswald just thumb a ride out to the range? Did Dr. Wood have a conversation with Oswald on the way back to Beckley Street?
He got a ride out there two or three times.

The driver is unknown. He might have hitchhiked.

The WC and FBI weren't too keen to push this line of investigation because it might have suggested another party involved. I don't think it would have. It's Texas, getting a ride out to a shooting range is like getting a ride to the golf course driving range, or down to the basketball courts.

His being at the range establishes behavior relevant to the shooting.

On the other hand, if you want a conspiracy involving Oswald, the driver would be an interesting pursuit, but he's lost to history.
__________________
Disingenuous Piranha
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th November 2018, 09:10 AM   #2244
HSienzant
Illuminator
 
HSienzant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 4,643
Originally Posted by Elagabalus View Post
OMG!! It all makes sense now!! How did Hank know that Oswald went back for the revolver to kill Walker after Oswald killed JFK? Look at Hank's avatar. So much gregarity! But imagine Hank's face as a loner and you'll start to see a resemblance to Oswald because Hank IS Lee Harvey Oswald!!!
I emphatically deny these charges. That's an altered photo of me. And I never owned a rifle.

Hank
__________________
I have never ”refused” to provide evidence. I provide evidence if requested to do so in a specific and relevant manner.

Hanks ”method” [of requesting evidence] is not going to [get me to] provide any evidence since it has a completely different purpose. To create the the illusion of me not providing evidence when requested to do so.
- Manifesto
HSienzant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th November 2018, 12:35 PM   #2245
Axxman300
Illuminator
 
Axxman300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central California Coast
Posts: 3,333
I forgot to post this yesterday...

November 17, 1963, Ruth Paine calls Oswald's rooming house only to discover nobody knows him by that name (he's registered as O.H. Lee).
__________________
Disingenuous Piranha
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th November 2018, 02:50 PM   #2246
bknight
Muse
 
bknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 968
Originally Posted by HSienzant View Post
I emphatically deny these charges. That's an altered photo of me. And I never owned a rifle.

Hank
That's what they all say.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th November 2018, 04:46 PM   #2247
Axxman300
Illuminator
 
Axxman300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central California Coast
Posts: 3,333
Side note:

Today is the 40th anniversary of the Jonestown Massacre.

Their lawyer was Mark Lane. Yes, THAT Mark Lane, and he was there on November 18.

I mention this only to underline the man's lack of judgement.
__________________
Disingenuous Piranha
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 07:54 AM   #2248
bknight
Muse
 
bknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 968
Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
Side note:

Today is the 40th anniversary of the Jonestown Massacre.

Their lawyer was Mark Lane. Yes, THAT Mark Lane, and he was there on November 18.

I mention this only to underline the man's lack of judgement.
Yes but he was hiding in the jungle when the Kool-aide went down.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 08:24 AM   #2249
HSienzant
Illuminator
 
HSienzant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 4,643
Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
On this day, November 17, 1963, Oswald returns to the Sportsdome Gun Range in Grand Prairie, TX. He had gone shooting out there after the General Walker rally, and now - the day after the motorcade has been announced - he's doing serious target practice.

He was remembered by Howard Price, and Dr. Homer Wood, and Wood's 13 year-old son, Sterling. The Carcano with scope stood out because the overloaded 160 grain 6.5 round made the rifle spit flame when fired. According to the younger Wood, Oswald 8 for 10 at 100 yards.

The shooting range story is an obvious problem because Oswald doesn't have a car, and was driven out there by a still unidentified man. During the FBI interview the agents drove young Sterling to tears, and Dr. Wood wanted to wash his hands of the whole affair.

Here's the thing, whoever drove Oswald out to the range dropped him off. Dr. Wood and his son gave him a ride home to his Beckley Street apartment. The conversation drifted around to Minsk where the Woods had relatives. After the assassination, Marina contacted the Woods asking if they could forward letters to her family. Turns out her family and their families knew each other.
I beg to differ on a number of points, but first the things we agree on:

Like you, I believe this encounter happened, and it was Oswald the Woods saw.

Like you, I disagree with the Warren Commission's conclusion that it was NOT Oswald as expressed in Chapter 6 of the Warren Report here:
Although the testimony of these witnesses was partially corroborated by other witnesses, there was other evidence which prevented the Commission from reaching the conclusion that Lee Harvey Oswald was the person these witnesses saw. Others who were at the firing range remembered the same individual but, though noting a similarity to Oswald, did not believe that the man was Oswald; others either were unable to state whether the man was Oswald or did not recall seeing anybody who they feel may have been Oswald.

And as I've expressed before, this is why I dislike the terms 'Lone Nutter' or Warren Commission Apologist', as I don't think Oswald was a nut, and I disagree with the WC conclusions in several instances (this and the auto dealership being two of them), having reached my conclusions independent from the Warren Report.

Now for where I disagree (some are minor, but some are major):

The Woods placed the interaction on Saturday, 11/16/1963, not Sunday, 11/17/1963. They didn't see how the man they identified as Oswald arrived, but Sterling, the son of Homer Wood, testified Oswald departed as a passenger in a Ford driven by another man. The major difference is that the Woods did NOT drive Oswald home, nor did they converse with him about Minsk or anything else (Sterling asked Oswald at the gun range if his weapon was an Italian Carbine, and Oswald said 'yes').

The last paragraph you wrote sounds like a story that emerged decades later from a relative (the fish story wasn't good enough on its own, you should've seen the one that got away!)

Hank
__________________
I have never ”refused” to provide evidence. I provide evidence if requested to do so in a specific and relevant manner.

Hanks ”method” [of requesting evidence] is not going to [get me to] provide any evidence since it has a completely different purpose. To create the the illusion of me not providing evidence when requested to do so.
- Manifesto

Last edited by HSienzant; Yesterday at 08:27 AM.
HSienzant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 08:44 AM   #2250
carlitos
"más divertido"
 
carlitos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 18,718
Originally Posted by bknight View Post
Yes but he was hiding in the jungle when the Kool-aide went down.
Flavor Aid., although I'm sure that the Jel-Sert people prefer that folks continue to say Kool-Aid.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 08:50 AM   #2251
bknight
Muse
 
bknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 968
Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
Flavor Aid., although I'm sure that the Jel-Sert people prefer that folks continue to say Kool-Aid.
Either would be accurate, but I grew up with Kool-Aid, although it has been over 5 years since I have had any.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 12:49 PM   #2252
Axxman300
Illuminator
 
Axxman300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central California Coast
Posts: 3,333
Originally Posted by HSienzant View Post
I beg to differ on a number of points, but first the things we agree on:

Like you, I believe this encounter happened, and it was Oswald the Woods saw.

Like you, I disagree with the Warren Commission's conclusion that it was NOT Oswald as expressed in Chapter 6 of the Warren Report here:
Although the testimony of these witnesses was partially corroborated by other witnesses, there was other evidence which prevented the Commission from reaching the conclusion that Lee Harvey Oswald was the person these witnesses saw. Others who were at the firing range remembered the same individual but, though noting a similarity to Oswald, did not believe that the man was Oswald; others either were unable to state whether the man was Oswald or did not recall seeing anybody who they feel may have been Oswald.

And as I've expressed before, this is why I dislike the terms 'Lone Nutter' or Warren Commission Apologist', as I don't think Oswald was a nut, and I disagree with the WC conclusions in several instances (this and the auto dealership being two of them), having reached my conclusions independent from the Warren Report.

Now for where I disagree (some are minor, but some are major):

The Woods placed the interaction on Saturday, 11/16/1963, not Sunday, 11/17/1963. They didn't see how the man they identified as Oswald arrived, but Sterling, the son of Homer Wood, testified Oswald departed as a passenger in a Ford driven by another man. The major difference is that the Woods did NOT drive Oswald home, nor did they converse with him about Minsk or anything else (Sterling asked Oswald at the gun range if his weapon was an Italian Carbine, and Oswald said 'yes').

The last paragraph you wrote sounds like a story that emerged decades later from a relative (the fish story wasn't good enough on its own, you should've seen the one that got away!)

Hank
The Woods story was related years after the fact, and was after they were tracked down by a writer. Sterling Woods was contacted by Gus Russo hoping to confirm it, but at the last minute the younger Woods decided to call off the interview.

As will all things assassination if it's too good to be true...
__________________
Disingenuous Piranha
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 12:52 PM   #2253
HSienzant
Illuminator
 
HSienzant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 4,643
Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
The Woods story was related years after the fact, and was after they were tracked down by a writer. Sterling Woods was contacted by Gus Russo hoping to confirm it, but at the last minute the younger Woods decided to call off the interview.

As will all things assassination if it's too good to be true...
So more than likely exactly as I suggested ... a fish story where the fish got bigger and bigger.

I'll stick with the testimony given in 1964.

Hank
__________________
I have never ”refused” to provide evidence. I provide evidence if requested to do so in a specific and relevant manner.

Hanks ”method” [of requesting evidence] is not going to [get me to] provide any evidence since it has a completely different purpose. To create the the illusion of me not providing evidence when requested to do so.
- Manifesto
HSienzant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 12:53 PM   #2254
Axxman300
Illuminator
 
Axxman300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central California Coast
Posts: 3,333
On this date, November 19, 1963, the Dallas Times Herald publishes a map of the motorcade's parade route.

Now the entire city can plan for JFK's brief visit...including Oswald, who just found out the President will be rolling right under his "office".

At the end of the day it all came down to fate.
__________________
Disingenuous Piranha
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 07:58 PM   #2255
bknight
Muse
 
bknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 968
Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
Flavor Aid., although I'm sure that the Jel-Sert people prefer that folks continue to say Kool-Aid.
I watched Jonestown recording tonight and found out that Flavor Aid was a cheap knock off of Kool-Aid.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:11 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.