IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
View Poll Results: For the article Supernatural
thank you 0 0%
I hope my article is reviewed 0 0%
I am waiting for your opinion, dear ones 0 0%
Hoping for your success and health 1 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Old 1st August 2021, 01:14 AM   #1
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker

The supernatural

Hi
I did some research in the lab to prove the supernatural and I am attaching a written article Please read and comment I answered
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2021, 02:31 AM   #2
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

No link to the article, poor grammar and punctuation, meaningless poll options, posted in a subforum that's no longer relevant, and a self nomination of this incomprehensible mess for the language award ...

Care to try again?
Old 1st August 2021, 02:40 AM   #3
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
Hi
I did some research in the lab to prove the supernatural and I am attaching a written article Please read and comment I answered
Please do post the "article", I could do with a good laugh.
Old 1st August 2021, 04:04 AM   #4
Belz...
Fiend God

Hi
Impressive.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2021, 04:13 AM   #5
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

He did attach the article. It was supernatural and thus beyond us all. Hence it is proof.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2021, 04:14 AM   #6
Carrot Flower King
Graduate Poster

Oh goody! Where is it then? I could do with some entertainment this afternoon.
Carrot Flower King is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2021, 04:49 AM   #7
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
He did attach the article. It was supernatural and thus beyond us all. Hence it is proof.
Oh, the article is supernatural? Well that explains why it can't be observed.

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2021, 05:05 AM   #8
Carrot Flower King
Graduate Poster

Can I not see the article as I don't believe in the supernatural? Is it another of those?
Carrot Flower King is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2021, 06:38 AM   #9
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Poll's closed. Gives me nostalgia for Habbo raids.
theprestige is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2021, 02:35 PM   #10
gabeygoat
Graduate Poster

I’m not superstitious is a better song
Old 1st August 2021, 02:42 PM   #11
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Anyone have the foggiest what "article" he is talking about?

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2021, 02:46 PM   #12
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Anyone have the foggiest what "article" he is talking about?
Appears to be the indefinite article.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2021, 02:51 PM   #13
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
Appears to be the indefinite article.
I tried a search on the username to see if I could spot it. Turns out to be a match for many things so I gave up on wasting that much time.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2021, 03:35 PM   #14
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

The article is visible for a single day every 100 years.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2021, 03:59 PM   #15
Warp12
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
No link to the article, poor grammar and punctuation, meaningless poll options, posted in a subforum that's no longer relevant, and a self nomination of this incomprehensible mess for the language award ...

Care to try again?
Until it suddenly is, it seems. I wonder why it became "non-relevant"?
Old 1st August 2021, 04:16 PM   #16
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
The article is visible for a single day every 100 years.
Brigadoonipedia.
Old 1st August 2021, 04:41 PM   #17
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Hi
Hi.
Quote:
I did some research in the lab to prove the supernatural
This is not how science works, you need to create a hypothesis making an informed and best guess at how an observation occurs. Then determine a way to prove your guess wrong, and that is what you need to attempt to prove.

The only way to "prove" the supernatural is to falsify every other explanation for the phenomena, and even there you can only ever say that it is possible something supernatural is responsible, but it also might be some form of natural phenomena we have yet to understand. (apart from showing that something is supernatural would really make it natural afterward anyway.)
Quote:
and I am attaching a written article
You clearly didn't do so. You might want to post a link in plain text for people to c&p. Also, you are lacking punctuation, not a good start if you want people to take your "paper" seriously.
Quote:
Please read and comment
Hard to read something that doesn't exist, also you are still missing your punctuation. See above on that.
Quote:
I answered
This sentence(?) literally makes zero sense, again not a good sign for getting people to read your "Paper". Also still not punctuation. You could have at least tried for a few !!!!11!!!s.

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2021, 04:51 PM   #18
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
Brigadoonipedia.
Please.

Don't break into song...

Gawd, he has.

Welp, time to go sort my socks.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2021, 05:03 PM   #19
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
All the woosters clambered onto the anti-vax/covid-19 money train.

I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2021, 07:50 PM   #20
Warp12
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
All the woosters clambered onto the anti-vax/covid-19 money train.
Old 1st August 2021, 10:45 PM   #21
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
The million dollar challenge was closed down several years ago. No one has posted in that subforum for years. If the OP hadn't accidentally nominated his post I doubt anyone would have even seen it.

I see a mod has now moved the thread to the correct subforum.

I do wonder if the OP will still be able to find it, though.

ETA: ah, I notice the mod left a marker in the MDC subforum, so there's a breadcrumb the OP can follow.

Last edited by Pixel42; 1st August 2021 at 10:50 PM.
Pixel42 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2021, 11:39 PM   #22
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

I notice the OP has posted a visitor message on his own profile asking for help in emailing his article to the forum. I and another poster have replied with suggestions.
Old 2nd August 2021, 12:02 AM   #23
rjh01
Gentleman of leisure
Tagger

Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
I notice the OP has posted a visitor message on his own profile asking for help in emailing his article to the forum. I and another poster have replied with suggestions.
"Another poster" in the above post, is me. He deserves to give his point of view and then receive reasonable opinions about those views.
Old 2nd August 2021, 03:26 AM   #24
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by rjh01 View Post
"Another poster" in the above post, is me. He deserves to give his point of view and then receive reasonable opinions about those views.
Yeah, I think he's in the wrong place for that...

Old 2nd August 2021, 04:09 AM   #25
rjh01
Gentleman of leisure
Tagger

In other words, the members of this forum are a bunch of people who are ignorant fools. They will refuse to consider any views other than their own.
Old 2nd August 2021, 04:55 AM   #26
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

In other words, the members of this forum are a bunch of people who are ignorant fools. They will refuse to consider any views other than their own.
Well, those are your words, not mine. But if that's what you want to believe about the other members of the forum, I can't stop you.

Old 2nd August 2021, 05:27 AM   #27
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

If he genuinely wants honest, informed, feedback I'd say he's in as good a place as can be found on the internet.

If he just wants validation, he's definitely in the wrong place.
Old 2nd August 2021, 05:32 AM   #28
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Sure. Have we seen the article in any form yet?

Until it does appear, we can only go on what has been provided so far: A claim to have scientifically proved the supernatural (which, in itself, is an illogicality ergo unscientific).

How long do you think we should wait?
Old 2nd August 2021, 10:33 PM   #29
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker

Hello, please help me. I want to give you an article about the supernatural. Thanks a lot.
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2021, 11:16 PM   #30
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

If your article is already somewhere on the web then you can post a link to it. The forum won't let you do that until you've made 50 posts (that's to prevent bots spamming the forum) but if you replace the dots with spaces another poster will convert it for you.

If your article is not already on the web, if it's just sitting on your computer, then I'm afraid I don't know how to upload it to the forum; I'm not even sure there is a way of doing that, though another poster might. My suggestion would be to cut & paste your article into this thread, one paragraph per post. You can either wait for comments on each paragraph before posting the next, or post the whole thing in a series of posts and then wait for comments on the whole article. I'd recommend the former, as many posters may be reluctant to read a long screed. It would also enable you to edit later paragraphs in the light of comments on the previous ones before posting them.

It might be a good idea to post a summary of what the article is about first, to get initial feedback and check this is the right audience for it. Be warned: many posters here are well educated in the scientific method and standards of evidence, and some can be impatient with posters who have not educated themselves adequately on these things.

I hope that helps, and welcome to the forum.

ETA: Looking at the 'Manage Attachments' option in the post editor it does look like PDF and other document formats are valid attachments, though I've never seen anyone use them - it's usually used to attach images.

Click on 'Manage Attachments' and then 'Choose File'. Select the file containing the article on your computer, and then click the 'open' button. Click on the Upload button (you may need to widen the width of the popup to see it) and it should upload, though it might tell you the file is too big to upload.

Last edited by Pixel42; 2nd August 2021 at 11:50 PM.
Pixel42 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2021, 11:53 PM   #31
Lothian
should be banned

Hello, please help me. I want to give you an article about the supernatural. Thanks a lot.
Free hosting sites below. Upload then send a link following Pixel42's instructions about altering the address to bypass the forum software

https://www.hostingadvice.com/how-to...ting-services/
Lothian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd August 2021, 03:20 AM   #32
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Mod WarningI will give you the ability to upload a file for the next 24 hours. You can now use the "Additional Options" when you create a post - use the "Manage Attachments" option.
Responding to this mod box in thread will be off topic Posted By:Darat
Old 3rd August 2021, 04:52 AM   #33
Belz...
Fiend God

So... post it. How did you think it worked? You thought the forum would put the link up from your brain?

Old 3rd August 2021, 10:07 AM   #34
Michel H
Master Poster

Do you have a file, which contains the text of your article?

What kind of file is it? (.doc, .pdf, .txt and so on)

Do you know its size in kilobytes (KB)? There seem to be limits to the file sizes you can upload on this forum.

I have uploaded a file named Heydarian.pdf as an example (by clicking on "Manage Attachments" under my post, and then "Upload" after enlarging the window), see below.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Heydarian.pdf (38.4 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by Michel H; 3rd August 2021 at 10:13 AM.
Michel H is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd August 2021, 10:49 AM   #35
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

I dunno about "deserves", but okay. I think he's already getting feedback about his views that's commensurate with the degree of effort and skill he's shown in presenting those views.

What interests me most is the thought process and steps-to-replicate behind this thread. ISF is a tough crowd for paranormal arguments, and this forum is kind of a backwater. How does one find this forum, study it closely enough to determine it's a good venue for your ideas, and figure out how to create an account and log in... But still drop the ball so completely on such basic technical stuff as attaching a file, posting a link, or setting up a coherent poll? The real paranormal mystery here is that transition from "yes, I've been doing Internet for years" to "... and then I tap my mouse on the monitor to click the button, right?"
Old 3rd August 2021, 12:58 PM   #36
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
I tried a search on the username to see if I could spot it. Turns out to be a match for many things so I gave up on wasting that much time.
I could only find one return on the name with quotation marks around it - an Iranian mechanical engineer whose LinkedIn profile gives no clues, not does his Youtube channel, being in Arabic. Adding "supernatural" or any similar keyword returns nada.

If that's him, I just hope his supernatural finding is Allah, or they'll cut his head off and put on a stick.
Old 5th August 2021, 12:27 AM   #37
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker

Hello. Thank you very much for the valuable comments you sent me and for guiding me. I will definitely send paragraph by paragraph according to your opinion. Is it possible to send a photo in the text of the article in the same way?
Thanks again.
Old 5th August 2021, 12:38 AM   #38
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker

Hello. Yes it is a PDF file. And its size is about 700 KB. I have not been able to send yet due to volume limit. I even zipped it but it was not sent. I am currently editing a small volume article on international rules. It may take some time. Accept my apology. Thank you for your patience.
Old 5th August 2021, 12:45 AM   #39
stevea
Master Poster

The original post claim is impossible. If we could reliably observe a phenomena in a lab then we would use the scientific method to create a natural model of it. It would not be "supernatural", merely a newly observed natural phenomena.

Since, by definition, we can't have reliable observable evidence of the supernatural, it is not a valid subject for scientific inquiry. The scientific method simply doesn't apply.
stevea is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th August 2021, 12:53 AM   #40
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker

Hello. Why is the $ 1 million challenge post closed? Was it because no one posted? Or did someone really find and prove the supernatural in the laboratory? Of course, I have seen such a post for almost a month. And I was eager to submit my article I wrote in 2004. Of course I have to update and edit. So it takes some time. Accept my apology. Thanks

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy