IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
View Poll Results: For the article Supernatural
thank you 0 0%
I hope my article is reviewed 0 0%
I am waiting for your opinion, dear ones 0 0%
Hoping for your success and health 1 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Old 5th August 2021, 12:58 AM   #41
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker

Hello. We can not observe the supernatural in the laboratory, but the evidence and its effects can be seen and seen. I have proved in my article. Thanks
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th August 2021, 01:00 AM   #42
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
Hello. Why is the $ 1 million challenge post closed? Was it because no one posted? Or did someone really find and prove the supernatural in the laboratory?
The challenge was closed when James Randi retired (he has since died). There was an attempt to find someone else to oversee it, but they came to nothing.

Over a thousand people who thought they had paranormal abilities were tested, but they were all shown to be mistaken. You can find the history of it here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Mi...rmal_Challenge

There are, however, other prizes still available. You can find a list here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...the_paranormal
Old 5th August 2021, 01:10 AM   #43
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker

I will send it paragraph by paragraph. Please read.
Article on understanding and proving the transcendental
Saeed Heydarian Yazdali
(Bachelor of Occupational Health Engineering. Beheshti University of Medical Sciences. Iran. Kashan)
Review:
In this article, in order to prove the existence of the supernatural, I tried to examine the previous opinions in this regard and draw conclusions from it. If this is true, my attempt is to arrive at objective evidence to understand and prove it. And I will present a new article in this regard.
Given that my religion is Islam, I used the Quran, which is a documentary. And my method of reasoning is to use the verses of this book to examine the experiences of scientists in the field of astronomy, space and medicine in this regard.
I concluded at the end of the article to prove the existence of the supernatural. Also, to find out through material testing in the laboratory, I tell you that the existence of transmaterial can be realized and seen.
Keywords: God, matter, nature, supernatural, soul
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th August 2021, 01:14 AM   #44
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

Hello. We can not observe the supernatural in the laboratory, but the evidence and its effects can be seen and seen. I have proved in my article. Thanks
If the evidence and its effects can be seen, then they can be observed under scientifically rigorous test conditions. All the latter does is remove sources of error which might otherwise fool people into thinking what they are observing is supernatural when it is not.
Old 5th August 2021, 01:16 AM   #45
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker

Thank you very much for answering my questions and guidance. I will definitely see the history you mentioned at the right time.
Old 5th August 2021, 01:16 AM   #46
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

I will send it paragraph by paragraph. Please read.
Article on understanding and proving the transcendental
Saeed Heydarian Yazdali
(Bachelor of Occupational Health Engineering. Beheshti University of Medical Sciences. Iran. Kashan)
Review:
In this article, in order to prove the existence of the supernatural, I tried to examine the previous opinions in this regard and draw conclusions from it. If this is true, my attempt is to arrive at objective evidence to understand and prove it. And I will present a new article in this regard.
Given that my religion is Islam, I used the Quran, which is a documentary. And my method of reasoning is to use the verses of this book to examine the experiences of scientists in the field of astronomy, space and medicine in this regard.
I concluded at the end of the article to prove the existence of the supernatural. Also, to find out through material testing in the laboratory, I tell you that the existence of transmaterial can be realized and seen.
Keywords: God, matter, nature, supernatural, soul
The only way to prove the existence of the supernatural is to provide objective evidence of it. The approach you describe cannot possibly do that.
Old 5th August 2021, 01:24 AM   #47
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker

Your impression is absolutely correct. Evidence is visible. And it happens quite naturally. But the supernatural itself was not seen. And the error that occurs is for two reasons: it is not seen. And determining the time of its occurrence in the laboratory and observing evidence and effects is very difficult and has not been done so far. Although medical science has defined its limits. Let me address this in the text of the article.
Old 5th August 2021, 01:46 AM   #48
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming

The Quran isn't a documentary of...well anything. The Hadith is closer given it's stories about Muhammed's life, but the Quran is contradicted by history and science too often to be reliable.

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint, when I ask why the poor have no food they call me a communist - Hélder Câmara
MarkCorrigan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th August 2021, 03:16 AM   #49
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker

One of the drawbacks of submitting an article in separate paragraphs is that; The explanation of each paragraph may be in the following paragraphs. Let me also submit the next paragraphs of the article. Maybe your answer is in the next paragraphs. Thank you for your patience.
Old 5th August 2021, 03:24 AM   #50
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker

Hi. In the following paragraphs, let me document the contents of the Qur'an for you to see that it speaks of sciences and discoveries in the seventh century that were not discovered for us until a century ago. The Qur'an is not the story of the past or just the story of Muhammad. The book is not old and abandoned. It has words that are up-to-date and new. I will say something from the Qur'an that has been discovered in the last ten years! As a Muslim, I also thought that it was just the story of Muhammad. But this is not the case. wait...
Old 5th August 2021, 03:31 AM   #51
Dr.Sid
Illuminator

Vote cast.
Dr.Sid is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th August 2021, 03:36 AM   #52
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

Hi. In the following paragraphs, let me document the contents of the Qur'an for you to see that it speaks of sciences and discoveries in the seventh century that were not discovered for us until a century ago.
Retrospectively interpreting old writings to fit recent events is easy and pointless (see the so-called prophecies of Nostradamus).

If that's all you've got you are definitely wasting your time here.
Old 5th August 2021, 03:55 AM   #53
Carrot Flower King
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
Retrospectively interpreting old writings to fit recent events is easy and pointless (see the so-called prophecies of Nostradamus).

If that's all you've got you are definitely wasting your time here.
Quite: in The New Apocrypha, John Sladek rummaged through Nostradamus and "found" "predictions" of winners of the US Open golfist thingy. Or was it the Masters golfist thing? CBA to go check with my copy.

Retro-fitting is not evidence of anything, aside from an active imagination.
Carrot Flower King is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th August 2021, 04:10 AM   #54
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Originally Posted by Carrot Flower King View Post
Quite: in The New Apocrypha, John Sladek rummaged through Nostradamus and "found" "predictions" of winners of the US Open golfist thingy. Or was it the Masters golfist thing? CBA to go check with my copy.

My guess is that the first one will be the Pulsar claim.
Any other contenders?
Old 5th August 2021, 04:11 AM   #55
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

Revelations is another popular choice for it, in fact there is another poster currently attempting to use that to "prove" that we are in the end times in the same way.

It's not clever, it's silly. More importantly, it proves nothing except that the person trying to do it has no understanding of human psychology.
Old 5th August 2021, 04:33 AM   #56
kali1137
Graduate Poster

So this is really not a scientific attempt to prove the existence of the supernatural, just a cleverly disguised bible lesson.
kali1137 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th August 2021, 05:10 AM   #57
Lothian
should be banned

Originally Posted by kali1137 View Post
So this is really not a scientific attempt to prove the existence of the supernatural, just a cleverly disguised bible lesson.
No, don't be silly. A Koran lesson.
Lothian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th August 2021, 05:21 AM   #58
Dr.Sid
Illuminator

Originally Posted by kali1137 View Post
Also I wouldn't call anything about this 'clever'.
Dr.Sid is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th August 2021, 05:22 AM   #59
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

I'm also not sure about the clever part. Or the disguise part.
Old 5th August 2021, 05:42 AM   #60
Michel H
Master Poster

Hello. Yes it is a PDF file. And its size is about 700 KB. I have not been able to send yet due to volume limit. I even zipped it but it was not sent. I am currently editing a small volume article on international rules. It may take some time. Accept my apology. Thank you for your patience.
You could compress your pdf file here: https://www.ilovepdf.com/compress_pdf. For acceptable quality, you could achieve a 45% reduction in size, this would give you a size equal to 385 KB, which is still too large for this forum (250 KB maximum for pdf files), if you are still allowed to upload, as a new member (you might need Darat's help about this).

I don't know if Darat could (or would be willing to) raise the maximum file size.

One possibility would be to split your file into two or three smaller files, and to upload two or three files.

Last edited by Michel H; 5th August 2021 at 07:04 AM.
Michel H is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th August 2021, 05:43 AM   #61
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
I'm also not sure about the clever part. Or the disguise part.
Or the lesson.
Old 5th August 2021, 06:30 AM   #62
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

The one time a wall of text would actually be better.
Old 5th August 2021, 10:23 AM   #63
Michel H
Master Poster

Hello. Yes it is a PDF file. And its size is about 700 KB. I have not been able to send yet due to volume limit. I even zipped it but it was not sent. I am currently editing a small volume article on international rules. It may take some time. Accept my apology. Thank you for your patience.
Another thing you could perhaps try is to upload your work on viXra: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ViXra.
Michel H is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th August 2021, 10:27 AM   #64
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
The supernatural

This. When the prediction comes after the event, it’s not prophesy; it’s postphesy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 5th August 2021, 11:43 AM   #65
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming

If the Quran predicted/discussed scientific discoveries only formulated in the last hundred years, why does it constantly refer to the Earth being flat when we knew that wasn't the case since Ancient Greece?

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint, when I ask why the poor have no food they call me a communist - Hélder Câmara
MarkCorrigan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th August 2021, 10:00 PM   #66
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker

Hello. Our weekly holiday is Friday. I apologize to everyone for the delay. I am ready for your comments on the abstract of the article sent by me to the paranormal.
Old 6th August 2021, 10:15 PM   #67
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker

The first word he said to Muhammad: Sing. He repeated three times. That is, learn science and in the next four verses he also said for science. Go find out the unknowns. Tell me, what is this word? And who said that? Is it medieval? Or up to date. The Qur'an speaks of the cosmic context. Ten years ago, NASA supercomputers managed to take a small photo of it. The Qur'an speaks of neutron stars - of dark matter and dark energy - of space black holes, and so on. Who could have said that in the seventh century? Muhammad was illiterate! So who told him the Quran? wait ...
Old 6th August 2021, 10:20 PM   #68
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker

space black holes. Corrected:
of black holes in space
Old 6th August 2021, 10:28 PM   #69
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker

Article Introduction:
From the beginning of man's creation, the question has always been in his mind that; How are man, beings, and the universe created? Who is the creator of this world? What is his goal? How did he create it? Where does the end of the world lead? Does the creation of the universe have a beginning and an end? Apart from matter and nature that we observe, are there other forces and beings? Is there a world or worlds other than the universe?Is there a supernatural? If there is how to
Did you realize that? And proved it?
Questions like these are not specific to a particular group, time, or community. It has happened to all human beings. Human nature is a seeker. And always seeks to discover the unknown. The human searching mind forms the basis of science and technology. And progress in all areas is due to this effort...
Old 6th August 2021, 10:29 PM   #70
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker

... The method used in this article is to use the experimental sciences and rational sciences that are accepted by all.
Witchcraft and the like have nothing to do with the supernatural. Because it is clear that, with tricks using matter, it occupies the human mind with sub-issues so that it does not realize the essence of the subject, and thus achieves its goal, which is magnification in creating amazing content. While not surprising. It's just interesting, exciting and a little fun.
Talking about the supernatural and proving it is an important subject that has basically nothing to do with witchcraft and the like (which aims to deceive humans).
Old 6th August 2021, 10:31 PM   #71
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker

...I believe that this book is not said to be a superior human being or creature but of nature. And can not say. As stated in the biblical material of other divine religions, such as the "Torah" in Judaism or the "Bible" in Christ. The book of the Qur'an is not only from historical and ancient times, it is not fanatical, imitative and abandoned. Rather, it is always present and relevant at all times. The contents of this article will prove the truth of this claim.
Old 6th August 2021, 11:40 PM   #72
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

I doubt anyone here will have anything more to say about your article than has already been said, i.e. that it is silly and pointless.
Old 7th August 2021, 01:26 AM   #73
Lothian
should be banned

The first word he said to Muhammad: Sing. He repeated three times. That is, learn science and in the next four verses he also said for science. Go find out the unknowns. Tell me, what is this word? And who said that? Is it medieval? Or up to date. The Qur'an speaks of the cosmic context. Ten years ago, NASA supercomputers managed to take a small photo of it. The Qur'an speaks of neutron stars - of dark matter and dark energy - of space black holes, and so on. Who could have said that in the seventh century? Muhammad was illiterate! So who told him the Quran? wait ...
No it doesn't. You are interpreting the Koran through the lens of modern science. It is only through hindsight you can make the tenuous link.
If the Koran described and fully explained black holes why was there no mention of them anywhere outside the Koran for 1000 years?
Lothian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th August 2021, 03:01 AM   #74
Susheel
Master Poster

Wait...what? Is this a bait and switch? He actually stated in his OP that he had done some research in his "lab".
Old 7th August 2021, 04:14 AM   #75
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker

Hello. In the Qur'an, it refers to only one scientific subject. And it motivates man to try to discover it and get the full content and achieve everything he wants. But the method of modern management in human societies is not that; To motivate and encourage human beings to be innovative and creative. The Qur'an speaks in this way. He leaves the rest to man himself. To progress and prosper. If he says everything, you do not think that man will stand still and have no movement of his own. This is rejected in modern management.
Old 7th August 2021, 04:32 AM   #76
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker

I did not test anything in the laboratory. And basically I do not have the laboratory facilities that you think. I will tell you what conditions you create to see the soul. And discover the supernatural. Also, I am not looking for markets and sales for my conversations. I have good financial means. And I do not need to sell my ideas. I feel I have a duty to present a fruitful thought.
Old 7th August 2021, 04:41 AM   #77
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker

Let's talk about modern science. I do not seek superstition. I am not foolish to waste my precious time with these words. I want to tell you about the discoveries of the twentieth and twenty-first centuries. Not from the Middle Ages. New science and new technology are unbelievably in the book of Quran. It tells the stories of the past and reveals a new science and technology in its text. And this is true.
Old 7th August 2021, 04:44 AM   #78
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

When I read the Qu'ran a few years ago I was surprised, and very disappointed, to discover that it consisted almost entirely of rants about nonbelievers, and how important it was for believers to have nothing to do with them, interspersed with bits of the Bible. I had assumed it would contain at least a few uplifting verses, but I could nothing informative or valuable in it at all.

This attempt to relate the vaguest of statements in it to recent scientific discoveries by gold medal worthy feats of mental gymnastics seems to me to be about as pathetic as it's possible to get.
Old 7th August 2021, 04:52 AM   #79
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Are we getting to the lab-work any time soon?
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th August 2021, 06:05 AM   #80
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming

Again, if the Quran is such a scientifically enlightened book, why does it claim that the Earth is flat and the Sun orbits the Earth?

Are you going to answer people or just preach, Heydarian?

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy