IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
View Poll Results: For the article Supernatural
thank you 0 0%
I hope my article is reviewed 0 0%
I am waiting for your opinion, dear ones 0 0%
Hoping for your success and health 1 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
Old 9th August 2021, 08:17 PM   #121
8enotto
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Mexico
Posts: 2,226
I suspect the bible and the quran are both suffering the same fate.

Its all about who is at the pulpit translating the jumble of words between the covers. And what they need it to say.
What they read, what they say and more importantly what they pass over as if it wasn't there.
I suspect you could tranlate either as a recipe for chocolate chip cookies with enough work.

I have firsthand experience for living in a home with a fundamentalist parent. He had some truly odd takes from the darker corners of his bible.
8enotto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 12:02 AM   #122
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 383
Hello. Continue the article
Method:
The present research is in a library style with analytical and descriptive methods. First, he defines the concept of science and perception using verses from the Qur'an.And examines it in terms of logic and existential philosophy. Then, by explaining the concept of matter and the supernatural from a scientific point of view, and along with analyzing the verses of the Qur'an, the concept of the supernatural and its compatibility with modern science is examined. Finally, he proves the existence of the supernatural in nature and in the laboratory by using rational and Qur'anic reasons.The book of the Qur'an in the seventh century was inspired by an illiterate person named Muhammad (the Prophet). And the scribes wrote it and it has reached us after 1400 years (14 centuries). On the other hand, in the land of Saudi Arabia, where the Qur'an was inspired by Muhammad, there was no scientific record. And if you study the history of the world, you will see that there was little scientific material at that time.And humanity is still at the beginning of the path of science and has lived in the Middle Ages. I was curious what is in the Quran? And why read it? And to follow this book and our ancestral religion which is Islam? While apparently has no scientific background and no subject. But it is emphasized to read it.I read and saw in the Qur'an, there are wonderful scientific contents that man did not know until a century ago! And now in the 2021-2020 century, he has realized it! Even all the dimensions of this content have not been discovered yet! It was very interesting and exciting for me. And many questions formed in my mind. What is human science and perception? where does he come from? And is it of matter and nature? From what source or human or group can the scientific points mentioned in the Quran be said? If he was from a group or individual outside this circle, who is he? And where did it come from? And what was its purpose?The first command given to Muhammad is science and knowledge. He says: Sing and repeats three times. And sing in the name of God, the Creator. And he who teaches you the unknowns, recite. The book emphasizes three important points at the beginning of the book's inspiration to its messenger: learning science and knowledge, innovation and creativity, discovering the unknown, and moving toward progress. I want to tell you about some great people talking about the Qur'an...
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 12:11 AM   #123
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 383
Hello. thanks for your kindness. Rest assured, I will not tell you the words behind the pulpit. Basically, I do not have a good relationship with the pulpit. I'm not talking about an old abandoned book. However, we put it aside and it gets dirty in our closet, which is a pity for us Muslims. I'm not like that. I want the Qur'an in accordance with the science of the day and I speak about it. I am looking for the science of the day that my Qur'an speaks of.
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 12:18 AM   #124
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 383
Hello. Does physics have a law for metaphysics? What is the boundary between physics and metaphysics?
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 12:28 AM   #125
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 383
What is the sex of the human mind? Is it made of material? Philosophy and physics each have their own rules. None of them "justify". And they do not seek unreasonable justification. Rather, they explain according to their rational laws. And this is logical. And it is accepted by everyone. God does not roll the dice. Rather, it acts in accordance with the law. Of course, we have not yet realized many of them. And is unknown. And the strict and important order of the Qur'an is that man should seek knowledge and unknown knowledge.
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 12:30 AM   #126
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 383
Continuation of the method: Dr. Henri Corbin, the famous French Islamologist, has an interesting speech about the Qur'an. He says: If the Qur'an was superstitious and not from God, he would never have dared to invite human beings to knowledge, reason and thought. No thought has called man to knowledge as much as the Qur'an of Muhammad (PBUH) to the extent that about nine hundred and fifty times in the Qur'an, science, reason and thought have been mentioned.
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 12:32 AM   #127
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 383
"The Qur'an is not a book of algebra or geometry," says Albert Einstein, who needs no introduction. It is a set of laws that guide mankind to the right path, the path that the world's greatest philosophers and scientists are unable to define.
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 12:41 AM   #128
DevilsAdvocate
Philosopher
 
DevilsAdvocate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 6,994
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
he proves the existence of the supernatural in nature and in the laboratory by using rational and Qur'anic reasons.
Things are not proven in a laboratory by reasons. They are proven by laboratory results.

You are being deceived.
__________________
I don't need to fight to prove I'm right. - Baba O'Riley
DevilsAdvocate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 12:56 AM   #129
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 383
"In the Qur'an, law and morality are one," says Will Durant, an American orientalist. Religious behavior in the Qur'an includes worldly behavior, and all its affairs are from God and through revelation. The Qur'an creates simple and unambiguous beliefs in simple souls that are free from improper customs and rituals.
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 01:02 AM   #130
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 383
Hello to the presence of the master. I said that; By seeing the signs and symptoms, we realize the existence of the soul in the laboratory. And it can be done.
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 01:03 AM   #131
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 383
... Jean-Jacques Rousseau, the famous French thinker and psychologist, has a unique interpretation of the Qur'an; He says: Some people have read the Qur'an after learning a small amount of Arabic, but do not understand it correctly. If they heard Muhammad (PBUH) recite it with that eloquent word and eloquent Arabic melody, they would prostrate at any moment and shout: O great Muhammad! Take our hand and bring us to the place of honor and pride. We are ready to sacrifice our lives for your help !!
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 01:05 AM   #132
DevilsAdvocate
Philosopher
 
DevilsAdvocate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 6,994
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
"In the Qur'an, law and morality are one," says Will Durant, an American orientalist. Religious behavior in the Qur'an includes worldly behavior, and all its affairs are from God and through revelation. The Qur'an creates simple and unambiguous beliefs in simple souls that are free from improper customs and rituals.
"In this thread, laboratory results of of the supernatural are absent," said renowned skeptical postalist. And the people heard this, and they were amazed. What wonder is this? And they knew, this was God.
__________________
I don't need to fight to prove I'm right. - Baba O'Riley
DevilsAdvocate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 01:06 AM   #133
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 383
In some passages one or more independent verses speak of an important scientific or technological point. And in parts of the book, he tells a story, and in the text of his story he points to an important scientific-technological point. While discovered 14 centuries later! I will tell you a few examples that its scientific and technological point is up-to-date, but it is not mentioned in any old document or religious texts and books except the Qur'an;
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 01:07 AM   #134
Lothian
should be banned
 
Lothian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Earth, specifically the crusty bit on the outside
Posts: 16,712
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
Hello to the presence of the master. I said that; By seeing the signs and symptoms, we realize the existence of the soul in the laboratory. And it can be done.
No. You don't have a laboratory and there is no such thing as a soul.
Lothian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 01:11 AM   #135
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 383
The soul is not God. Rather, God sends and enters the soul into the material body under special conditions. And science tells us the time of this important event and the special circumstances. Of course, the time when the soul enters the body is very difficult to determine, but its limits are called science. Let me tell you in the next chapters.
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 01:13 AM   #136
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 383
Please wait, I will tell you. Do not hurry. You will not miss anything. And you have the right to accept or reject my opinion.
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 01:15 AM   #137
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 383
... Says: I swear by the sky and (star) striking. And how do you know what a striking star is? The same penetrating star.! (Surah Al-Tariq, verses 3-1) Here, directly and without intermediaries and with an oath, he states an important scientific matter. Which was discovered in the twentieth century! What is a penetrating star? We know today that these are the same as pulsars, neutron stars, and space black holes. They make a knocking sound like a huge hammer.
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 01:16 AM   #138
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 383
Tells the story of Solomon and the palace. Below which flows a stream of water. When Queen Belquis brings Saba from the country, when she enters the palace, she worries that her skirt and legs will not get wet from the water! He thinks he is stepping into the water and does not recognize that the stream is under the floor of the palace. But it can be seen! Because the floor of the palace is made of glass (glass container)! (Surah An-Naml, verse 44) Now we understand that the glass used on the roof or floor of the building is made of Securite glass or laminated glass! See story history; It is related to almost ten centuries BC !! In the seventh century, it announces an event that took place 15 centuries before itself !! (Ten centuries BC)
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 01:18 AM   #139
Lothian
should be banned
 
Lothian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Earth, specifically the crusty bit on the outside
Posts: 16,712
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
In some passages one or more independent verses speak of an important scientific or technological point. And in parts of the book, he tells a story, and in the text of his story he points to an important scientific-technological point. While discovered 14 centuries later! I will tell you a few examples that its scientific and technological point is up-to-date, but it is not mentioned in any old document or religious texts and books except the Qur'an;
And this does not worry you? The Qur'an describes perfectly a scientific finding or a technology and yet is it not until 100s of years later it is 'understood'. Is the Qur'an really vague and really bad at explaining things? Are you stretching to squeeze a fantastical whimsy into the modern world? What is the point of a book that is of absolutely no use?

140 years ago HG Wells wrote a book on time travel. If time travel is discovered in 1000 years time that does not make his book the word of God nor his book scientificaly useful. It doesn't help with the discovery of time travel.
Lothian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 01:18 AM   #140
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 383
It tells the story of Uzair, whose time is almost the same as that of Moses. (12th century BC) He dies by the command of God for a hundred years and is resurrected by the command of God. His knowledge of his death and resurrection has not reached us. And this is not my argument. And I have no reason to prove or disprove it. I think about this: he tells her to look at your food and drink, see that it has not changed! ? (Surat al-Baqara, verse 259) Under what conditions does food remain unchanged after one hundred years?Refers to the technology of canning, compote and freezing food. And I do not think that man can still keep food and drink for a hundred years without change. Isn't that so; This science was 32 centuries ago, ahead of today's science !!! What is this science? And where is it from? Who has this knowledge? Uzair and the people of his time are unlikely to have this knowledge. Do we have this science and technology now in the 21st century?It tells the story of the companions of the cave (cave) which was before BC. They sleep in a cave called "Alas" in Turkey for 309 years and wake up after this time! What science and technology does this refer to? It is clear that it refers to the nascent knowledge of cryonics and human freezing in the twentieth century !! (Surah Al-Kahf, verse 25)
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 01:19 AM   #141
Lothian
should be banned
 
Lothian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Earth, specifically the crusty bit on the outside
Posts: 16,712
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
The soul is not God. Rather, God sends and enters the soul into the material body under special conditions. And science tells us the time of this important event and the special circumstances. Of course, the time when the soul enters the body is very difficult to determine, but its limits are called science. Let me tell you in the next chapters.
Ok what is that time and list the scientific papers that prove beyond all doubt that that the soul enters at that point
Lothian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 01:22 AM   #142
Lothian
should be banned
 
Lothian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Earth, specifically the crusty bit on the outside
Posts: 16,712
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
... Says: I swear by the sky and (star) striking. And how do you know what a striking star is? The same penetrating star.! (Surah Al-Tariq, verses 3-1) Here, directly and without intermediaries and with an oath, he states an important scientific matter. Which was discovered in the twentieth century! What is a penetrating star? We know today that these are the same as pulsars, neutron stars, and space black holes. They make a knocking sound like a huge hammer.
Pulsars, neutron stars and black holes are different things. Which is the text regering to? Where does it explain what these things are, how they form, how they are related? The kids nursery rhyme 'twinkle twinkle little star' tells us more than the Qur'an
Lothian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 01:25 AM   #143
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 383
Let us not be in the Middle Ages. He said this in the seventh century. Was there any news of this science or technology at that time? So why does he say that? In order for man to be motivated and reach this science and technology. And now it is in the twentieth century. That is, the Qur'an is 14 centuries ahead of science.
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 01:25 AM   #144
Lothian
should be banned
 
Lothian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Earth, specifically the crusty bit on the outside
Posts: 16,712
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
Tells the story of Solomon and the palace. Below which flows a stream of water. When Queen Belquis brings Saba from the country, when she enters the palace, she worries that her skirt and legs will not get wet from the water! He thinks he is stepping into the water and does not recognize that the stream is under the floor of the palace. But it can be seen! Because the floor of the palace is made of glass (glass container)! (Surah An-Naml, verse 44) Now we understand that the glass used on the roof or floor of the building is made of Securite glass or laminated glass! See story history; It is related to almost ten centuries BC !! In the seventh century, it announces an event that took place 15 centuries before itself !! (Ten centuries BC)
It is a story. There are lots of walking on water stories. Where does this tell us how to make laminated glass? How does it help science? Why could it not be ice?
Lothian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 01:26 AM   #145
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat
 
Pixel42's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Malmesbury, UK
Posts: 13,896
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
... Says: I swear by the sky and (star) striking. And how do you know what a striking star is? The same penetrating star.! (Surah Al-Tariq, verses 3-1) Here, directly and without intermediaries and with an oath, he states an important scientific matter. Which was discovered in the twentieth century! What is a penetrating star? We know today that these are the same as pulsars, neutron stars, and space black holes. They make a knocking sound like a huge hammer.
This is what I meant by Olympic gold medal worthy mental gymnastics. It is evident, and utter, nonsense.

And for goodness sake use the quote button. You've been told how to do it. If you can't even master that your thread is even less comprehensible than the subject matter would assure, and even the most patient/most amused by this kind of gibberish will soon stop reading it.
__________________
"If you trust in yourself ... and believe in your dreams ... and follow your star ... you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things" - Terry Pratchett
Pixel42 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 01:29 AM   #146
Lothian
should be banned
 
Lothian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Earth, specifically the crusty bit on the outside
Posts: 16,712
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
It tells the story of Uzair, whose time is almost the same as that of Moses. (12th century BC) He dies by the command of God for a hundred years and is resurrected by the command of God. His knowledge of his death and resurrection has not reached us. And this is not my argument. And I have no reason to prove or disprove it. I think about this: he tells her to look at your food and drink, see that it has not changed! ? (Surat al-Baqara, verse 259) Under what conditions does food remain unchanged after one hundred years?Refers to the technology of canning, compote and freezing food. And I do not think that man can still keep food and drink for a hundred years without change. Isn't that so; This science was 32 centuries ago, ahead of today's science !!! What is this science? And where is it from? Who has this knowledge? Uzair and the people of his time are unlikely to have this knowledge. Do we have this science and technology now in the 21st century?It tells the story of the companions of the cave (cave) which was before BC. They sleep in a cave called "Alas" in Turkey for 309 years and wake up after this time! What science and technology does this refer to? It is clear that it refers to the nascent knowledge of cryonics and human freezing in the twentieth century !! (Surah Al-Kahf, verse 25)
Doesn't mention canning. It mentions resurrection after 200 years. You have no reason to question this claim? You are not doing science! It is just a fairy story like Rip van winkle.

The Qur'an is not predicting anything. This really is pathetic.
Lothian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 01:34 AM   #147
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 383
There is nothing wrong with that. Because we do not master the language of torment. me too. But in the review I have had. A Qur'anic word really conveys several meanings and concepts. It is better to tell your ambiguities and problems to a person who is fluent in Quranic and Arabic. Will tell you that; Tariq and Najm Saqib means neutron star, space black hole, astronomical pulse and even other meanings.Quranic words sometimes have more than ten meanings. It is much richer than other languages. I do not have more than two or three meanings for a word in Persian. And sometimes just one meaning. But Quranic words, which are more than Arabic, sometimes have several words or even paragraphs. We do not need to find all the meanings, although it is very good to discover. But it is enough if necessary.
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 01:35 AM   #148
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing
 
Norman Alexander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Gundungurra
Posts: 10,520
This does look a lot like some Farsi-to-English translations via Google Translate. We all know how well/bad that works. This would account for the dreadfully stilted language. It also will tend to hide all nuance and meaning.

Heydarian, you REALLY need to get someone to translate your thesis into scientific English. This effort is not helping your cause.
__________________
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 01:38 AM   #149
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing
 
Norman Alexander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Gundungurra
Posts: 10,520
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
There is nothing wrong with that. Because we do not master the language of torment. me too. But in the review I have had. A Qur'anic word really conveys several meanings and concepts. It is better to tell your ambiguities and problems to a person who is fluent in Quranic and Arabic. Will tell you that; Tariq and Najm Saqib means neutron star, space black hole, astronomical pulse and even other meanings.Quranic words sometimes have more than ten meanings. It is much richer than other languages. I do not have more than two or three meanings for a word in Persian. And sometimes just one meaning. But Quranic words, which are more than Arabic, sometimes have several words or even paragraphs. We do not need to find all the meanings, although it is very good to discover. But it is enough if necessary.
If Quranic words have up to ten meanings, why does it mean ONLY the one meaning you want?

For example, you say Tariq and Najm Saqib means neutron star, space black hole, astronomical pulse and even other meanings. What OTHER meanings does it have? Why did you choose only just the one meaning you wanted to support your thesis?
__________________
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 01:38 AM   #150
Lothian
should be banned
 
Lothian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Earth, specifically the crusty bit on the outside
Posts: 16,712
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
There is nothing wrong with that. Because we do not master the language of torment. me too. But in the review I have had. A Qur'anic word really conveys several meanings and concepts. It is better to tell your ambiguities and problems to a person who is fluent in Quranic and Arabic. Will tell you that; Tariq and Najm Saqib means neutron star, space black hole, astronomical pulse and even other meanings.Quranic words sometimes have more than ten meanings. It is much richer than other languages. I do not have more than two or three meanings for a word in Persian. And sometimes just one meaning. But Quranic words, which are more than Arabic, sometimes have several words or even paragraphs. We do not need to find all the meanings, although it is very good to discover. But it is enough if necessary.
Sounds similar to English we have a word which conveys several meanings and concepts and explains fully all your arguments. "********" is that word

Last edited by zooterkin; 10th August 2021 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Rule 10
Lothian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 01:41 AM   #151
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 383
You tell me that; When he says see your food and drink that has remained unchanged after a hundred years! What do you think? And what does it mean? What does it mean that food and drink remain unchanged and healthy after a hundred years? Tell me what it means? Wisdom and logic says: How has it remained unchanged after a hundred years? Just a question. And this question is enough for man to seek and find the cause. And in the twentieth century finds the answer to that question.! The Qur'an motivates man to seek the unknown. And progress and evolve in this way. Isn't that so? Let us judge without prejudice. Thanks
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 01:44 AM   #152
DevilsAdvocate
Philosopher
 
DevilsAdvocate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 6,994
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
Let us not be in the Middle Ages.
Yeah, man. Let's not be in the middle ages. Screw that Mohammad Islam bullspit. Get into the 20th century! Well, we are actually in the 21st century.

Man, we've come a long way. Thank Allah we aren't stuck still believing those old Mohamed writings. That would really suck.
__________________
I don't need to fight to prove I'm right. - Baba O'Riley
DevilsAdvocate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 01:45 AM   #153
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 383
Exactly as you say. That is, a word may have several meanings and convey it to the audience. Quranic phrases and words are the same.
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 01:48 AM   #154
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 383
Do not these scientific and technological points, which I mentioned about the Qur'an in the book, bring us to the twentieth and twenty-first century? It is better to change our glasses. And let's see better.
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 01:53 AM   #155
DevilsAdvocate
Philosopher
 
DevilsAdvocate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 6,994
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
Exactly as you say. That is, a word may have several meanings and convey it to the audience. Quranic phrases and words are the same.
A word may also have one meaning, which is how we communicate specific ideas instead of writing poetry. Quranic phrases and words are the same. Poetry without meaning. Meaningless. Nonsense.
__________________
I don't need to fight to prove I'm right. - Baba O'Riley
DevilsAdvocate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 01:54 AM   #156
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 383
Hello. Thank you. wait. You do no harm. And you do not lose anything. And I apologize to you for taking the time to read the Qur'an. These are the preliminaries to achieve the main goal. Unless you and your friends in the community want to see the supernatural and be proven. Wait until the end of the article.
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 01:56 AM   #157
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 383
These words are true in the Qur'an. And it does not come from my imagination. The Qur'an speaks of nature and existence, not of dreams and imagination. Makes scientific and documentary predictions. It leads man to progress and discover the unknown.
I am not talking about the mosque and the lessons of religious rules. Like you, I speak of the Qur'an with the knowledge of the day.
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 01:57 AM   #158
DevilsAdvocate
Philosopher
 
DevilsAdvocate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 6,994
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
Do not these scientific and technological points, which I mentioned about the Qur'an in the book, bring us to the twentieth and twenty-first century? It is better to change our glasses. And let's see better.
No. We are "in" the twentieth and twenty-first century because of science. Science brought us into what we consider the twentieth and twenty-first century. The Qur'an and similar writing and people who preached them attempted to prevent us from bringing us into the twentieth and twenty-first century.

And good riddance. Those times and people were terrible. Thank Allah we know better now and are better now.
__________________
I don't need to fight to prove I'm right. - Baba O'Riley
DevilsAdvocate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 01:57 AM   #159
Lothian
should be banned
 
Lothian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Earth, specifically the crusty bit on the outside
Posts: 16,712
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
You tell me that; When he says see your food and drink that has remained unchanged after a hundred years! What do you think? And what does it mean? What does it mean that food and drink remain unchanged and healthy after a hundred years? Tell me what it means? Wisdom and logic says: How has it remained unchanged after a hundred years? Just a question. And this question is enough for man to seek and find the cause. And in the twentieth century finds the answer to that question.! The Qur'an motivates man to seek the unknown. And progress and evolve in this way. Isn't that so? Let us judge without prejudice. Thanks
It is a story. They made up the dying and coming back to life. They made up the bit about the food. Is is just a story. There is no evidence it happened. It was just so done thinking wouldn't it be great. A bit like stories about being able to fly that have been around for centuries was not Gifs way of saying there will be s jet pack one day.

You do also know the Egyptian pharaohs were buried with food 3000 years before the Qur'an retold the story?
Lothian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 01:58 AM   #160
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 383
He tells about the beginning of the universe and the event of the BIG BANG "! And he mentions it eleven times in different verses. I will tell you the verse about how the Big Bang happened, and that the Qur'an is more accurate than today's scientists! In the seventh century !!
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:15 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.