IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
View Poll Results: For the article Supernatural
thank you 0 0%
I hope my article is reviewed 0 0%
I am waiting for your opinion, dear ones 0 0%
Hoping for your success and health 1 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
Old 10th August 2021, 02:00 AM   #161
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 391
The material discovered in the Qur'an indicates that the narrator of this scientific material, of which human society has been unaware for the past one and a half centuries, must be a person who has an extremely high scientific aristocracy over the entire universe. And surround the world with the greatness of the universe. It is interesting to me that; The Qur'an contains 114 sections (surahs) and 6236 paragraphs (verses) and each of them expresses scientific content in the following fields: astronomy - physics - chemistry - medicine - psychology - industry - metallurgy - history - economics - humanities - social sciences - sciences Family and ... more interestingly, 70% of its content is about "nature"!
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 02:05 AM   #162
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 391
Did they bring out Pharaoh's food after a hundred years, not 3,000 years, to see if it has changed or not and is healthy or rotten? You have mixed and answered something other than what the Qur'an says with another story that is different.
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 02:06 AM   #163
Lothian
should be banned
 
Lothian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Earth, specifically the crusty bit on the outside
Posts: 16,718
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
These words are true in the Qur'an. And it does not come from my imagination. The Qur'an speaks of nature and existence, not of dreams and imagination. Makes scientific and documentary predictions. It leads man to progress and discover the unknown.
I am not talking about the mosque and the lessons of religious rules. Like you, I speak of the Qur'an with the knowledge of the day.
Even if we accepted that the Quran made accurate predictions (we don't) how is that evidence of the supernatural? There is a whole genre of novels, scifi, that have predicted what might be possible. Well before the actual s fence was discovered. The difference between scifi and the Qur'an is that scifi is more specific.

Tell me why the author of the Quran was not talking about walking on ice or walking on water as Jesus "did' centuries before. Tell me why it had to be referring to laminated glass.
How did Qur'an scholars interpret that passage before toughened glass was invented? Why were all those scholars wrong and why are you right?
Lothian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 02:08 AM   #164
Lothian
should be banned
 
Lothian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Earth, specifically the crusty bit on the outside
Posts: 16,718
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
Did they bring out Pharaoh's food after a hundred years, not 3,000 years, to see if it has changed or not and is healthy or rotten? You have mixed and answered something other than what the Qur'an says with another story that is different.
Did they bring out the food you mentioned and found it ok? What evidence do you have it happened. You seemed to suggest it was just a story and not fact. If it was fact and it came out after 100 years and it was fine and it had not been stored in a tin it can not be a prediction of canning.
Lothian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 02:09 AM   #165
DevilsAdvocate
Philosopher
 
DevilsAdvocate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 7,001
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
Hello. Thank you. wait. You do no harm. And you do not lose anything. And I apologize to you for taking the time to read the Qur'an. These are the preliminaries to achieve the main goal. Unless you and your friends in the community want to see the supernatural and be proven. Wait until the end of the article.
Neither I nor my friends in the community want to see the supernatural and be proven. I really don't want to be proven. I don't even know what that is. Sounds like some kind of gay sadomasochistic thing. That means I certainly don't want to "wait until the end".

But do whatever you like, man. You be you. Get supernatural with your "friends in the community" in the sonic pumping laboratories to turn your rocks off on some medieval predictions like a rocket profit from heaven. I'm allah right with that.
__________________
I don't need to fight to prove I'm right. - Baba O'Riley
DevilsAdvocate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 02:11 AM   #166
Lothian
should be banned
 
Lothian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Earth, specifically the crusty bit on the outside
Posts: 16,718
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
. I will tell you the verse about how the Big Bang happened, and that the Qur'an is more accurate than today's scientists! In the seventh century !!
How do you know the Qur'an is more accurate in describing the big bang than modern science?

To say one thing is more accurate than another you need to have a "correct answer' to compare both against. What are you comparing the two theories against?
Lothian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 02:46 AM   #167
turingtest
Mistral, mistral wind...
 
turingtest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Embedded and embattled, reporting from Mississippi
Posts: 4,996
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
Did they bring out Pharaoh's food after a hundred years, not 3,000 years, to see if it has changed or not and is healthy or rotten? You have mixed and answered something other than what the Qur'an says with another story that is different.
__________________
I'm tired of the bombs, tired of the bullets, tired of the crazies on TV;
I'm the aviator, a dream's a dream whatever it seems
Deep Purple- "The Aviator"

Life was a short shelf that came with bookends- Stephen King
turingtest is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 03:38 AM   #168
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 391
Do you accept science? What is the science of physics and metaphysics? What are parallel worlds? Aren't these real? where are they? Where is the border between these worlds? What is dark matter and dark energy? What is the definition of science for these? Do you doubt their existence?
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 03:48 AM   #169
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 391
My conversation language is Persian. Perhaps I have not been able to express my meaning of the Qur'an correctly and completely. So the problem is with me, not with what is said in the Qur'an. In this regard, I apologize for not being completely familiar with your corrections and language. I think we share a common belief: "Everyone can express their thoughts and opinions quite freely." And freedom of expression should not be challenged. Or insulted. Everyone has the right to choose. Thanks
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 03:53 AM   #170
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 391
In the Qur'an, he has stated the basis of freedom of thought and expression. And I follow it. He says: Compulsion is not a matter of religion or belief. And all the ways, whether good or bad, are marked. Everyone is free to choose (Surat al-Baqara, verse 256)
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 04:00 AM   #171
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 391
Hello and thank you for your kind comment. I totally agree that the text of my article should be translated into scientific English. But I have little time. And it takes time. Thank you very much again.
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 04:11 AM   #172
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 391
... !!! In the story and history of Suleiman, it is said that water flows in the basement of the stream. (Old Testament book) The queen enters and worries that her skirt and legs will not get wet, so she raises her skirt. Also, the word "sarah" in Arabic means glass (made of glassware). What glass is used on the floor of the building? Is it ordinary glass that breaks! So the floor glass of the palace was unbreakable. This is said to provoke you and me to find out what kind of floor this palace building was made of? And get motivated to make it. Make unbreakable glass. This has been made quite clear in order to understand the essence of the matter.
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 04:20 AM   #173
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming
 
MarkCorrigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 10,180
Originally Posted by MarkCorrigan View Post
The Quran isn't a documentary of...well anything. The Hadith is closer given it's stories about Muhammed's life, but the Quran is contradicted by history and science too often to be reliable.
Originally Posted by MarkCorrigan View Post
If the Quran predicted/discussed scientific discoveries only formulated in the last hundred years, why does it constantly refer to the Earth being flat when we knew that wasn't the case since Ancient Greece?
Well?
__________________
Naturalism adjusts it's principles to fit with the observed data.
It's a god of the facts world view. -joobz

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint, when I ask why the poor have no food they call me a communist - Hélder Câmara
MarkCorrigan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 04:20 AM   #174
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 391
Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
If Quranic words have up to ten meanings, why does it mean ONLY the one meaning you want?

For example, you say Tariq and Najm Saqib means neutron star, space black hole, astronomical pulse and even other meanings. What OTHER meanings does it have? Why did you choose only just the one meaning you wanted to support your thesis?
Dear friend of the association; You have the right to choose and you can choose other meanings of the word. But keep in mind the goal. It wants to motivate us to explore science and the unknown. He wants to motivate us to always progress and evolve by achieving science. Is this a good idea and thought?
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 04:22 AM   #175
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming
 
MarkCorrigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 10,180
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
Dear friend of the association; You have the right to choose and you can choose other meanings of the word. But keep in mind the goal. It wants to motivate us to explore science and the unknown. He wants to motivate us to always progress and evolve by achieving science. Is this a good idea and thought?

No it doesn't. The Quran constantly refers to the earth as being flat and orbited by the sun. Neither of those things is true.

Why should we care what the Quran says anyway? You first have to show evidence that Allah is real in order to say the Quran is his word.
__________________
Naturalism adjusts it's principles to fit with the observed data.
It's a god of the facts world view. -joobz

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint, when I ask why the poor have no food they call me a communist - Hélder Câmara
MarkCorrigan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 04:23 AM   #176
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 391
Originally Posted by MarkCorrigan View Post
Well?
No. Unfortunately
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 04:26 AM   #177
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming
 
MarkCorrigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 10,180
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
No. Unfortunately
No what? The points I made were not yes or no questions.

Why does the Quran refer to the earth as being flat when humans in Ancient Greece had already worked out that it was not?

Why does it refer to the sun orbiting the earth when it does not?

Why is the Quran so often contradicted by science and history?

If you want to claim the Quran to be some authority on science you have to explain why it makes such basic errors.
__________________
Naturalism adjusts it's principles to fit with the observed data.
It's a god of the facts world view. -joobz

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint, when I ask why the poor have no food they call me a communist - Hélder Câmara
MarkCorrigan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 04:30 AM   #178
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 391
Originally Posted by MarkCorrigan View Post
No it doesn't. The Quran constantly refers to the earth as being flat and orbited by the sun. Neither of those things is true.

Why should we care what the Quran says anyway? You first have to show evidence that Allah is real in order to say the Quran is his word.
I will definitely tell you that; There is a God. And whatever He is, He has created. I will tell you and prove it in the language of science, logic and reason. wait. Of course, I have told you a series of evidences and contents from his book Quran. One question: Who knew the sciences that were discovered in the twentieth and twenty-first centuries and all its dimensions have not yet been discovered in the seventh century and said in his book? Introduce it to me. Thanks
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 04:38 AM   #179
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 391
Originally Posted by MarkCorrigan View Post
No what? The points I made were not yes or no questions.

Why does the Quran refer to the earth as being flat when humans in Ancient Greece had already worked out that it was not?

Why does it refer to the sun orbiting the earth when it does not?

Why is the Quran so often contradicted by science and history?

If you want to claim the Quran to be some authority on science you have to explain why it makes such basic errors.
The Qur'an never says that the earth is flat. Look at this verse: God of the West and the East. (Surah Ar-Rahman, verse 17) In what state does the earth have the west and the east? In geometry, only the sphere and the spherical body can have this property. So the Qur'an says the earth is spherical, not flat.
Where does the Qur'an say the sun revolves around the earth? Tell me the address of the surah and verse so that I can check and answer for you. Thanks.
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 04:43 AM   #180
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming
 
MarkCorrigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 10,180
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
I will definitely tell you that; There is a God.
Then show some evidence for one and I will believe in him.


Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
And whatever He is, He has created. I will tell you and prove it in the language of science, logic and reason.
Then do so. Don't tell me what you are going to do, do it.

Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
wait. Of course, I have told you a series of evidences and contents from his book Quran.
No, you've given retrofitted interpretations of the Quran. None of this is evidence.

The Quran says the Earth is flat and is orbited by the Sun. This is nonsense, we know it's nonsense. How can a book which you claim predicted astrophysics on the level of black holes get such simple things about science wrong?


Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
One question: Who knew the sciences that were discovered in the twentieth and twenty-first centuries and all its dimensions have not yet been discovered in the seventh century and said in his book?
That isn't how it works. You can't provide evidence that people did not know something, you provide evidence that they did. There are no documents from the 7th century that propose any modern scientific discoveries. None. The Quran certainly doesn't because it includes gibberish like the mountains holding down the earth to stop it from shaking like tent pegs.

If you think that people in the 7th century had discovered great scientific advancements like quantum physics then you have to show it. Provide evidence. Your blatant retrofitting of Quranic passages to try and shoehorn them in to modern science is not evidence.
__________________
Naturalism adjusts it's principles to fit with the observed data.
It's a god of the facts world view. -joobz

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint, when I ask why the poor have no food they call me a communist - Hélder Câmara
MarkCorrigan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 04:49 AM   #181
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 391
Originally Posted by MarkCorrigan View Post
Then show some evidence for one and I will believe in him.



Then do so. Don't tell me what you are going to do, do it.



No, you've given retrofitted interpretations of the Quran. None of this is evidence.

The Quran says the Earth is flat and is orbited by the Sun. This is nonsense, we know it's nonsense. How can a book which you claim predicted astrophysics on the level of black holes get such simple things about science wrong?



That isn't how it works. You can't provide evidence that people did not know something, you provide evidence that they did. There are no documents from the 7th century that propose any modern scientific discoveries. None. The Quran certainly doesn't because it includes gibberish like the mountains holding down the earth to stop it from shaking like tent pegs.

If you think that people in the 7th century had discovered great scientific advancements like quantum physics then you have to show it. Provide evidence. Your blatant retrofitting of Quranic passages to try and shoehorn them in to modern science is not evidence.
Dear Master, tell me any defects and flaws you see in the Qur'an with the address of the surah and verse. I have a duty to check and search and give you an answer. Please do not object to the Qur'an without the address of the surah and verse. Let 's move forward logically. Otherwise, it will not be logical and I will not be held accountable. Thanks a lot.
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 04:58 AM   #182
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming
 
MarkCorrigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 10,180
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
The Qur'an never says that the earth is flat.
Yes it does.

Originally Posted by Al-Hijr 15:19
"And the earth have We spread out."
That's only one quote. There are several more. How do you spread out a sphere? You don't. You spread out something flat.

Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
Look at this verse: God of the West and the East. (Surah Ar-Rahman, verse 17) In what state does the earth have the west and the east?
Any state. You can have an East and West on a flat earth quite easily.
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
In geometry, only the sphere and the spherical body can have this property.
Nonsense.
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
So the Qur'an says the earth is spherical, not flat.
No it doesn't.
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
Where does the Qur'an say the sun revolves around the earth? .
The sun passes over the heavens and sets into a muddy pool.

Originally Posted by The Cave 18:86
Till, when he reached the setting-place of the sun, he found it setting in a muddy spring, and found a people thereabout. We said: O Dhu'l-Qarneyn! Either punish or show them kindness.
The sun moves just like the Moon.

Originally Posted by The Thunder 13:2
Allah it is Who raised up the heavens without visible supports, then mounted the Throne, and compelled the sun and the moon to be of service, each runneth unto an appointed term; He ordereth the course;
The Sun and Moon float in an orbit (of the Earth)

Originally Posted by The Prophets 21:33
And He it is Who created the night and the day, and the sun and the moon. They float, each in an orbit.
The Sun moves until it gets to the point where it can rest.

Originally Posted by Ya Sin 36:38
The sun runneth on unto a resting-place for him
The sun and the moon move at a set speed so that one doesn't overtake the other.

Originally Posted by Ya Sin 36:40
It is not for the sun to overtake the moon, nor doth the night outstrip the day. They float each in an orbit.
The moon follows the sun it it's orbit.
Originally Posted by The Sign 91:1-2
By the sun and his brightness, And the moon when she followeth him,
__________________
Naturalism adjusts it's principles to fit with the observed data.
It's a god of the facts world view. -joobz

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint, when I ask why the poor have no food they call me a communist - Hélder Câmara
MarkCorrigan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 05:00 AM   #183
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming
 
MarkCorrigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 10,180
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
Dear Master, tell me any defects and flaws you see in the Qur'an with the address of the surah and verse. I have a duty to check and search and give you an answer. Please do not object to the Qur'an without the address of the surah and verse. Let 's move forward logically. Otherwise, it will not be logical and I will not be held accountable. Thanks a lot.
Do you want me to list all of the scientific and historical inaccuracies with surah and verse? Because we will be here for a long time.
__________________
Naturalism adjusts it's principles to fit with the observed data.
It's a god of the facts world view. -joobz

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint, when I ask why the poor have no food they call me a communist - Hélder Câmara
MarkCorrigan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 06:10 AM   #184
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing
 
Norman Alexander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Gundungurra
Posts: 10,532
You have still not answered my questions. Please try.

If Quranic words have up to ten meanings, why does it mean ONLY the one meaning you want?

For example, you say Tariq and Najm Saqib means neutron star, space black hole, astronomical pulse and even other meanings. What OTHER meanings does it have? Why did you choose only just the one meaning you wanted to support your thesis?
__________________
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 06:43 AM   #185
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Antimemetics Division
Posts: 53,636
Originally Posted by MarkCorrigan View Post
Yes it does.



That's only one quote. There are several more. How do you spread out a sphere? You don't. You spread out something flat.


Any state. You can have an East and West on a flat earth quite easily.

Nonsense.

No it doesn't.

The sun passes over the heavens and sets into a muddy pool.



The sun moves just like the Moon.



The Sun and Moon float in an orbit (of the Earth)



The Sun moves until it gets to the point where it can rest.



The sun and the moon move at a set speed so that one doesn't overtake the other.



The moon follows the sun it it's orbit.
You're confusing flat earth and geocentrism. You're also reading a *lot* into figures of speech. We still talk about the sunrise even today. We still talk in terms of the sun moving across the sky, even though it's really the earth that's in (relative) motion.
__________________
There is no Antimemetics Division.
theprestige is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 07:03 AM   #186
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming
 
MarkCorrigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 10,180
Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
You're confusing flat earth and geocentrism. You're also reading a *lot* into figures of speech. We still talk about the sunrise even today. We still talk in terms of the sun moving across the sky, even though it's really the earth that's in (relative) motion.
1. No I'm not, both were brought up by me.

2. You might have a point, except that the Surahs I have quoted mention the sun setting INTO a pool, which would not be possible if it were stationary, and the sun and moon being set at specific speeds so they don't crash into one another.

ETA: Removed douchey comment. Sorry.
__________________
Naturalism adjusts it's principles to fit with the observed data.
It's a god of the facts world view. -joobz

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint, when I ask why the poor have no food they call me a communist - Hélder Câmara

Last edited by MarkCorrigan; 10th August 2021 at 07:19 AM.
MarkCorrigan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 08:57 AM   #187
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored
 
Jack by the hedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 11,492
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
... !!! In the story and history of Suleiman, it is said that water flows in the basement of the stream. (Old Testament book) The queen enters and worries that her skirt and legs will not get wet, so she raises her skirt. Also, the word "sarah" in Arabic means glass (made of glassware). What glass is used on the floor of the building? Is it ordinary glass that breaks! So the floor glass of the palace was unbreakable. This is said to provoke you and me to find out what kind of floor this palace building was made of? And get motivated to make it. Make unbreakable glass. This has been made quite clear in order to understand the essence of the matter.
Perhaps you should tell us what other meanings the word "sarah" has in case you're misinterpreting it.

In any case you are assuming that a story about Suleiman having a palace with a stream running under a glass floor is true. I don't start by assuming the story must be true. I should like to see some evidence of a culture that was capable of producing large, thick glass blocks which could be walked on. If there were craftsmen who could make these blocks then archaeologists should be able to find traces of their industry. We know some ancient cultures has glass making skills; the ancient Romans for example. We have glass objects which survive from their time. Show us evidence that Suleiman reigned over people who could have built his glass floored palace and I will believe that story might be based on history rather than imagination.

Last edited by Jack by the hedge; 10th August 2021 at 08:59 AM.
Jack by the hedge is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 09:41 AM   #188
Scorpion
Master Poster
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,889
Originally Posted by MarkCorrigan View Post
1. No I'm not, both were brought up by me.

2. You might have a point, except that the Surahs I have quoted mention the sun setting INTO a pool, which would not be possible if it were stationary, and the sun and moon being set at specific speeds so they don't crash into one another.

ETA: Removed douchey comment. Sorry.
The English translations must not be taken too literally, when you say the sun sets in a pool you are probably using the Yusuf Ali translation which says " the sun sets in a muddy pool" But other translations do not say this, so it is better not to be dogmatic about one translation. I use several translations.

I have proved the Quran says the sun orbits the earth in post number 86 but that has been ignored.
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 09:48 AM   #189
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Antimemetics Division
Posts: 53,636
Zeno's exegesis.
__________________
There is no Antimemetics Division.
theprestige is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 09:48 AM   #190
Scorpion
Master Poster
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,889
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
Hello. Continue the article
Method:
The present research is in a library style with analytical and descriptive methods. First, he defines the concept of science and perception using verses from the Qur'an.And examines it in terms of logic and existential philosophy. Then, by explaining the concept of matter and the supernatural from a scientific point of view, and along with analyzing the verses of the Qur'an, the concept of the supernatural and its compatibility with modern science is examined. Finally, he proves the existence of the supernatural in nature and in the laboratory by using rational and Qur'anic reasons.The book of the Qur'an in the seventh century was inspired by an illiterate person named Muhammad (the Prophet). And the scribes wrote it and it has reached us after 1400 years (14 centuries). On the other hand, in the land of Saudi Arabia, where the Qur'an was inspired by Muhammad, there was no scientific record. And if you study the history of the world, you will see that there was little scientific material at that time.And humanity is still at the beginning of the path of science and has lived in the Middle Ages. I was curious what is in the Quran? And why read it? And to follow this book and our ancestral religion which is Islam? While apparently has no scientific background and no subject. But it is emphasized to read it.I read and saw in the Qur'an, there are wonderful scientific contents that man did not know until a century ago! And now in the 2021-2020 century, he has realized it! Even all the dimensions of this content have not been discovered yet! It was very interesting and exciting for me. And many questions formed in my mind. What is human science and perception? where does he come from? And is it of matter and nature? From what source or human or group can the scientific points mentioned in the Quran be said? If he was from a group or individual outside this circle, who is he? And where did it come from? And what was its purpose?The first command given to Muhammad is science and knowledge. He says: Sing and repeats three times. And sing in the name of God, the Creator. And he who teaches you the unknowns, recite. The book emphasizes three important points at the beginning of the book's inspiration to its messenger: learning science and knowledge, innovation and creativity, discovering the unknown, and moving toward progress. I want to tell you about some great people talking about the Qur'an...
Rubbish ! It is well know that Muhammad's tribe of cut throat bandits used to sack caravans, and they stole manuscripts. That is where Muhammad got his knowledge. There was a lot of knowledge in the world at that time. Take for example the writings of Galen who wrote about the embryo long before Muhammad mentioned it in the Quran.
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 09:54 AM   #191
Scorpion
Master Poster
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,889
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
The Qur'an never says that the earth is flat. Look at this verse: God of the West and the East. (Surah Ar-Rahman, verse 17) In what state does the earth have the west and the east? In geometry, only the sphere and the spherical body can have this property. So the Qur'an says the earth is spherical, not flat.
Where does the Qur'an say the sun revolves around the earth? Tell me the address of the surah and verse so that I can check and answer for you. Thanks.
You have ignored post 86 where I quote a hadith that proves Muhammad thought the sun orbits the earth. As for there not being a west and east on a flat earth you are talking nonsense. A flat earth still has a north, south, east, and west.
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 10:06 AM   #192
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming
 
MarkCorrigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 10,180
Point is, the Quran doesn't display any knowledge that wasn't commonly known at the time, and expressly contradicts some of what was known.

Even if the contradictions of then current knowledge were not an issue, it still has absurdities such as claiming that the mountains are tent pegs that hold down the earth to stop it shaking. This is just gibberish.
__________________
Naturalism adjusts it's principles to fit with the observed data.
It's a god of the facts world view. -joobz

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint, when I ask why the poor have no food they call me a communist - Hélder Câmara
MarkCorrigan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 10:13 AM   #193
Scorpion
Master Poster
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,889
Originally Posted by Lothian View Post
How do you know the Qur'an is more accurate in describing the big bang than modern science?

To say one thing is more accurate than another you need to have a "correct answer' to compare both against. What are you comparing the two theories against?
The following is the verse in question. Quran 21.30 from the M.M Pickthall translation.

Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens and earth were of one piece, then we parted them, and we made every living thing of water ?
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 10:44 AM   #194
Scorpion
Master Poster
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,889
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
In the Qur'an, he has stated the basis of freedom of thought and expression. And I follow it. He says: Compulsion is not a matter of religion or belief. And all the ways, whether good or bad, are marked. Everyone is free to choose (Surat al-Baqara, verse 256)
Please quote the number of the surah and not the name. Non Muslims are not acquainted with the names. I happen to know you are referring to verse
2.256 which says 'there is no compulsion in religion' But the next verse 2.257 says disbelievers will be burned in hell for all eternity.

It Is not a free choice to believe, if non Muslims are burnt for eternity.
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 10:52 AM   #195
steenkh
Philosopher
 
steenkh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Denmark
Posts: 6,295
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
Hello. Does physics have a law for metaphysics? What is the boundary between physics and metaphysics?

This is quite simple: metaphysics does not exist.

If you can bring convincing evidence to the contrary, this fact can be taken up to revision, but considering how many have tried, and not even come close, I think it is unlikely.
__________________
Steen

--
Jack of all trades - master of none!
steenkh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 10:56 AM   #196
Scorpion
Master Poster
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,889
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
... Jean-Jacques Rousseau, the famous French thinker and psychologist, has a unique interpretation of the Qur'an; He says: Some people have read the Qur'an after learning a small amount of Arabic, but do not understand it correctly. If they heard Muhammad (PBUH) recite it with that eloquent word and eloquent Arabic melody, they would prostrate at any moment and shout: O great Muhammad! Take our hand and bring us to the place of honor and pride. We are ready to sacrifice our lives for your help !!
To hell with Arabic. I am ready to believe the Arabic Quran is poetic, but poetry is not important for understanding. I think that by using several translations of the Quran I can see clearly that it is not particularly literate. In fact is is a jumble of surahs lashed together, largely by length, It is also very repetitive, and often uses the same verse more than once.
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 10:57 AM   #197
steenkh
Philosopher
 
steenkh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Denmark
Posts: 6,295
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
Hello. thanks for your kindness. Rest assured, I will not tell you the words behind the pulpit.
If you don’t want give a sermon, why are you doing it anyway?
__________________
Steen

--
Jack of all trades - master of none!
steenkh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 11:16 AM   #198
Steve001
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,759
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
Dear Master, tell me any defects and flaws you see in the Qur'an with the address of the surah and verse. I have a duty to check and search and give you an answer. Please do not object to the Qur'an without the address of the surah and verse. Let 's move forward logically. Otherwise, it will not be logical and I will not be held accountable. Thanks a lot.
Are you so unaware that almost without exception this forum consists of persons that some call infidels? Evidently you are not aware.
Steve001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 12:13 PM   #199
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Antimemetics Division
Posts: 53,636
Islamic evangelism really needs to up its game. At the very least, "know your audience" should be part of basic prep.

heydarian saeed, are you aware of just how bad you're making Islam look right now? You don't understand the audience. You don't understand the material. You don't understand the medium. You lied about your original claim.

Don't you think your faith deserves a much better representation than you're giving it? Is there an Imam you can consult? One who's familiar with western idioms and conventions for religious debate, especially with atheists? One who can explain to you what you're doing wrong, in words that you can understand and accept?

Because right now all you're doing is reinforcing the perception that Islam is ignorant and dishonest, and completely uninterested in dialog.
__________________
There is no Antimemetics Division.

Last edited by theprestige; 10th August 2021 at 12:22 PM.
theprestige is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 12:22 PM   #200
Scorpion
Master Poster
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,889
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
... Says: I swear by the sky and (star) striking. And how do you know what a striking star is? The same penetrating star.! (Surah Al-Tariq, verses 3-1) Here, directly and without intermediaries and with an oath, he states an important scientific matter. Which was discovered in the twentieth century! What is a penetrating star? We know today that these are the same as pulsars, neutron stars, and space black holes. They make a knocking sound like a huge hammer.
Yea ! surah 86.1 to 86.3 says the morning star is a piercing star: Wrong, it is the planet Venus.
The same surah says at verses 5 to 7 that man is created from a gushing fluid that issues from between the loins and the ribs : Wrong again.
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:17 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.