IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
View Poll Results: For the article Supernatural
thank you 0 0%
I hope my article is reviewed 0 0%
I am waiting for your opinion, dear ones 0 0%
Hoping for your success and health 1 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
Old 11th August 2021, 05:14 AM   #241
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming
 
MarkCorrigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 10,167
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
Dear fellow; The religion of Islam and its laws and what is stated in the book of the Qur'an may not be in line with the policy of the Islamic government. Therefore, you do not know what you see in Islamic governments in accordance with the religion of Islam and the Qur'an. Because they are different. I think you understand what I mean. Thanks
This isn't a response to the post you quoted. The post you quoted was my stating that your explanation for the Quranic passages "describing a round earth" was wrong.

But let's look at the point you are making here. Are you claiming that the Quran does not teach that apostates should be killed?

Is that your claim? That the Quran absolutely does not say to kill apostates?
__________________
Naturalism adjusts it's principles to fit with the observed data.
It's a god of the facts world view. -joobz

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint, when I ask why the poor have no food they call me a communist - Hélder Câmara
MarkCorrigan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2021, 07:35 AM   #242
steenkh
Philosopher
 
steenkh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Denmark
Posts: 6,295
Originally Posted by MarkCorrigan View Post
This isn't a response to the post you quoted. The post you quoted was my stating that your explanation for the Quranic passages "describing a round earth" was wrong.

But let's look at the point you are making here. Are you claiming that the Quran does not teach that apostates should be killed?

Is that your claim? That the Quran absolutely does not say to kill apostates?

Please, there is plenty to discuss here. Extending the subject to be Islam in general with topics like killing of apostates etc, only gives heydarian saeed the possibility of ignoring questions in the gish gallop that he is exposed to.

He already has completely ignored all objections from his first claims.
__________________
Steen

--
Jack of all trades - master of none!
steenkh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2021, 08:36 AM   #243
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing
 
Gord_in_Toronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 21,175
Just got my regular mailing from the Center for Inquiry reminding us of the life of Robert Ingersol (see: https://secularhumanism.org/ingersol...oll-biography/).

Great quote:

Quote:
When I became convinced that the universe is natural, that all the ghosts and gods are myths, there entered into my brain, into my soul, into every drop of my blood the sense, the feeling, the joy of freedom. The walls of my prison crumbled and fell. The dungeon was flooded with light and all the bolts and bars and manacles became dust.

Robert Green Ingersoll (1907). "The Works of Robert G.
Ingersoll", p.929, Library of Alexandria
Fie on all your silly religious nonsense.
__________________
"Reality is what's left when you cease to believe." Philip K. Dick
Gord_in_Toronto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2021, 11:19 AM   #244
Scorpion
Master Poster
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,884
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
... Continue the method; Some scientists prefer to use more precise terms such as "disconnection" to describe this phenomenon instead of the word "big bang". In any case, what is important is that by fabricating these terms, they are trying to express the fact that the universe was originally a single interconnected mass (Qur'anic term; kanta ratqa means continuous) and then its components were separated from each other. (Quranic term; separation means separated) and then the stars, galaxies, the earth, etc. came into being.
The Qur'an has surpassed Western scientists in expressing the phenomenon of the beginning of creation in a very precise way.
The Qur'an says exactly the same thing 1,400 years ago
Which scientists have achieved. Note this verse:
(Surah Al-Anbiya ', verse 30)
Translation: "... The heavens and the earth were joined together, and We separated them."
This begs the question: At the time of the revelation of the Qur'an (seventh century), who knew that the world was first a single mass, then separated, and then the present world came into being? Is he none other than the supreme force that surrounds everything? Who is he? Where did his knowledge come from?
You have ignored my post 205 which covers the fact that the heaven and earth were not joined together. There were no planets in existence for several billion years after the big bang because there were no heavy atoms until the first stars died and exploded, ejecting heavy atoms into space.

The earth was not created until 10 billion years after the big bang.
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2021, 12:11 PM   #245
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Republic of Ireland
Posts: 22,408
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
They have proven with convincing scientific evidence that the creation of the universe began with a terrible explosion known as the "BIG BANG." Investigations into the details of the blast are ongoing.
Wrong. The big bang was not a "terrible explosion". It wasn't any kind of explosion.

Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
They say: The universe was originally a single mass that exploded and has taken its current form over millions of years.
"They" say no such thing.

Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
A physicist named Higgs claims that a fundamental particle formed after the Big Bang that gave mass to atoms. (In the model we have for the particle model, particles are assumed to be massless, and according to the mechanism proposed by Higgs to explain the mass of particles, there are particles that the rest of the particles become massive when they come in contact with it.)
Such a confusion of ideas is not encouraging.

Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
In 2011, nuclear physicists at the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) at the CERN Underground Laboratory (CERN) near the Swiss-French border, which refracted proton beams at the speed of light, creating conditions in which A fraction of a second after the Big Bang, they discovered the Higgs boson stem particle. (And this particle, after the same scientist, was called "Higgs". While others have called it "God's particle"!)
That was an amusing name applied out of whimsy.

Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
And it changed the world of physics. (Although 1,600 trillion collisions have been created in the tunnel so far, only less than 300 potentially Higgs particles have been potentially discovered in these collisions.)...
Science updates on the basis of new data and evidence. The Koran never does.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?


...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2021, 12:12 PM   #246
8enotto
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Mexico
Posts: 2,226
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
Dear fellow; The religion of Islam and its laws and what is stated in the book of the Qur'an may not be in line with the policy of the Islamic government. Therefore, you do not know what you see in Islamic governments in accordance with the religion of Islam and the Qur'an. Because they are different. I think you understand what I mean. Thanks

While the idea of a non-extremist Islamic nation is good, there are serious doubts most would let it become dominant.

Millennia of wars over faith and a need for revenge for some past acts always dominate the thinking.

My friend, you have chosen the steepest uphill battle anyone has ever taken on.
I honestly wish more people had your idea.
8enotto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2021, 12:32 PM   #247
Lothian
should be banned
 
Lothian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Earth, specifically the crusty bit on the outside
Posts: 16,712
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
1. How the world of creation began؛
One of the most important discoveries of scientists in the twentieth century is to discredit the idea of ​​the primordial and eternal nature of the world. They have proven with convincing scientific evidence that the creation of the universe began with a terrible explosion known as the "BIG BANG." Investigations into the details of the blast are ongoing. They say: The universe was originally a single mass that exploded and has taken its current form over millions of years.
A physicist named Higgs claims that a fundamental particle formed after the Big Bang that gave mass to atoms. (In the model we have for the particle model, particles are assumed to be massless, and according to the mechanism proposed by Higgs to explain the mass of particles, there are particles that the rest of the particles become massive when they come in contact with it.)
In 2011, nuclear physicists at the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) at the CERN Underground Laboratory (CERN) near the Swiss-French border, which refracted proton beams at the speed of light, creating conditions in which A fraction of a second after the Big Bang, they discovered the Higgs boson stem particle. (And this particle, after the same scientist, was called "Higgs". While others have called it "God's particle"!) And it changed the world of physics. (Although 1,600 trillion collisions have been created in the tunnel so far, only less than 300 potentially Higgs particles have been potentially discovered in these collisions.)...
How many fundamental particles are listed in the Quran? Please provide the verses.
Lothian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2021, 04:59 AM   #248
Nowhere Man
Critical Thinker
 
Nowhere Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 272
Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed
In 2011, nuclear physicists at the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) at the CERN Underground Laboratory (CERN) near the Swiss-French border, which refracted proton beams at the speed of light, creating conditions in which A fraction of a second after the Big Bang, they discovered the Higgs boson stem particle. (And this particle, after the same scientist, was called "Higgs". While others have called it "God's particle"!)
That was an amusing name applied out of whimsy.
The name "the God particle" (not "God's particle") comes from Leon Lederman's book The God Particle: If the Universe Is the Answer, What Is the Question?. He wanted to use The Goddamn Particle: If the Universe is the Answer, What is the Question? but his controversy-fearing editor convinced him to change it.

Originally Posted by Leon Lederman
This boson is so central to the state of physics today, so crucial to our final understanding of the structure of matter, yet so elusive, that I have given it a nickname: the God Particle. Why God Particle? Two reasons. One, the publisher wouldn't let us call it the Goddamn Particle, though that might be a more appropriate title, given its villainous nature and the expense it is causing. And two, there is a connection, of sorts, to another book, a much older one...

Fred
__________________
Hey, you! "It's" with an apostrophe means "it is" or "it has." "Its" without an apostrophe means "belongs to it."

"For shame, gentlemen, pack your evidence a little better against another time."
-- John Dryden, "The Vindication of The Duke of Guise" 1684
Nowhere Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th August 2021, 03:37 AM   #249
Susheel
Master Poster
 
Susheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Hyderabad, India
Posts: 2,281
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
Hi. You mean the article, sir? Or do you want to talk about something else? I am at your service to answer as much as I can.
My query was to Warp 12. I am not responding to your thinly veiled proselytising in the name of scientific enquiry. In fact you are doing nothing that people like Zakir Naik haven't already done...and failed miserably. Except ofcourse in the eyes of the TrueBeliever (tm)
__________________
I've got to get to a library...fast Robert Langdon
Susheel is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th August 2021, 02:44 PM   #250
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming
 
MarkCorrigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 10,167
Edited by Agatha:  Removed reference to material sent to AAH



Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
Honestly, this whole thread is, in fact, a testament to Islam
A testament to what about it? It is a religion whose holy book people attempt to retrofit to science in order to claim it must be the divine word of god. It isn't alone in this, and just because this is a rather poor attempt to paper over the cracks doesn't mean that this thread is unique either.

However, Islam is also a religion whose holy book very explicitly states that apostates should be killed. The Bible also shares this trait, but the quran is unique in how often it repeats this commandment. Not just the proclamations about how we will burn in hell (although that crops up constantly too) but to kill us. The Quran directly instructs Muslims to kill all non believers wherever they find them. More than once. That's a pretty disgusting book.

Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
...and shines a light on the general intolerance of the faith.
I have no problem with Muslims. I in fact find it impressive that there are so many good people who profess to believe in the violent, supremacist book of horrors that is the Quran, just like I find it impressive there are so many good people who profess to believe in the violent, supremacist book of horrors that is the Bible.

I do have a problem with any supremacist ideology. Any ideology that states that those outside of it should be killed and deserve to be killed is a horrifying one. I don't care if it is a religious ideology like Islam and Christianity or a political one like Fascism.
__________________
Naturalism adjusts it's principles to fit with the observed data.
It's a god of the facts world view. -joobz

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint, when I ask why the poor have no food they call me a communist - Hélder Câmara

Last edited by Agatha; 15th August 2021 at 06:09 AM.
MarkCorrigan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th August 2021, 08:42 PM   #251
Scorpion
Master Poster
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,884
Hey Heydarian ! I hope you have not given up posting here, I for one want to see what so called science you claim is in the Quran, if only to refute it.
Mark Corrigan is right, I have a 'venomous anger' towards Islam, and have had ever since I read the Quran shortly after the world trade center attacks. But that does not mean I cannot be polite, while I try and undermine your beliefs.
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th August 2021, 10:46 PM   #252
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 383
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
Rubbish ! It is well know that Muhammad's tribe of cut throat bandits used to sack caravans, and they stole manuscripts. That is where Muhammad got his knowledge. There was a lot of knowledge in the world at that time. Take for example the writings of Galen who wrote about the embryo long before Muhammad mentioned it in the Quran.
Hello. Please do not provide proof of what you are saying. From the hearsay - do not say anything without evidence or guesswork. Tell with the address of the document. To be checked and answered. The Qur'an says: "O you who believe, avoid many suspicions, because some suspicions are sinful." (Surat al-Hujurat, verse 12) Most suspicions are vain and bad. While some are good. We are innocent in judging the principle. That is, have a good and positive attitude towards the suspect until proven otherwise. To what extent do we adhere to this good and positive principle? So talk to the document. Thank you
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th August 2021, 10:50 PM   #253
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 383
Hello. Please provide proof of what you are saying. From the hearsay - do not say anything without evidence or speculation. Tell with the address of the document. To be checked and answered. The Qur'an says: "O you who believe, avoid many suspicions, because some suspicions are sinful." (Surat al-Hujurat, verse 12) Most suspicions are vain and bad. While some are good. We are innocent in judging the principle. That is, have a good and positive suspicion of the suspect until proven otherwise. To what extent do we adhere to this good and positive principle? So talk to the document. Thank you
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th August 2021, 10:55 PM   #254
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 383
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
Hello. Please do not provide proof of what you are saying. From the hearsay - do not say anything without evidence or guesswork. Tell with the address of the document. To be checked and answered. The Qur'an says: "O you who believe, avoid many suspicions, because some suspicions are sinful." (Surat al-Hujurat, verse 12) Most suspicions are vain and bad. While some are good. We are innocent in judging the principle. That is, have a good and positive attitude towards the suspect until proven otherwise. To what extent do we adhere to this good and positive principle? So talk to the document. Thank you
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
Hey Heydarian ! I hope you have not given up posting here, I for one want to see what so called science you claim is in the Quran, if only to refute it.
Mark Corrigan is right, I have a 'venomous anger' towards Islam, and have had ever since I read the Quran shortly after the world trade center attacks. But that does not mean I cannot be polite, while I try and undermine your beliefs.
Hello dear association. No, I have not left the post and I am proud to hear what my opponents say. But I am ready to review and answer with the document. I am at your service and other friends. And I wish you health and success.
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th August 2021, 11:10 PM   #255
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 383
Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
No, a sphere does not have infinite diameter. I don't think you believe this to be true and I assume this is either a bad translation or a careless mis-statement of what you intended to say. It's just one example but I have to say it is often not at all clear what points you intend to express.

In any case, the general thrust of your argument seems to be to describe some modern science and then tell us you believe this was what the Quran was describing in some verse. As several posters have already said, this is a pointless exercise as it is too easy to retrospectively ascribe meanings to old texts and you can interpret them to mean almost anything you please. People do this all the time, often with the "prophecies" of Nostradamus, and it's a completely futile game.
Hello. Thank you for your good comment. I do not mean to say that the Qur'an mentions the scientific details of each subject. And so it is. Only in the Qur'an does it refer to science or sciences that will be discovered and achieved by man in the future.And it motivates human beings to seek out the unknown and discover the unknown. If we are careful. With a word that has wide meanings, it expresses many dimensions of this issue. I will say some of these words in the continuation of the article with its address in the Quran. Which points to an important scientific point. Thanks again.
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th August 2021, 11:20 PM   #256
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 383
Originally Posted by MarkCorrigan View Post

Edited by Agatha:  Edited to match quoted post

A testament to what about it? It is a religion whose holy book people attempt to retrofit to science in order to claim it must be the divine word of god. It isn't alone in this, and just because this is a rather poor attempt to paper over the cracks doesn't mean that this thread is unique either.

However, Islam is also a religion whose holy book very explicitly states that apostates should be killed. The Bible also shares this trait, but the quran is unique in how often it repeats this commandment. Not just the proclamations about how we will burn in hell (although that crops up constantly too) but to kill us. The Quran directly instructs Muslims to kill all non believers wherever they find them. More than once. That's a pretty disgusting book.



I have no problem with Muslims. I in fact find it impressive that there are so many good people who profess to believe in the violent, supremacist book of horrors that is the Quran, just like I find it impressive there are so many good people who profess to believe in the violent, supremacist book of horrors that is the Bible.

I do have a problem with any supremacist ideology. Any ideology that states that those outside of it should be killed and deserve to be killed is a horrifying one. I don't care if it is a religious ideology like Islam and Christianity or a political one like Fascism.
Hello. Thank you for pointing me to some points. I am accountable to the best of my ability. Of course, I also have time to review and respond. Maybe I have not seen some of my loved ones' posts to review and respond. But I think I have answered your posts. Thanks again. I respect all opinions and I also express my opinion. Everyone has the right to choose. And must choose freely.

Last edited by Agatha; 15th August 2021 at 06:10 AM.
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th August 2021, 11:23 PM   #257
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat
 
Pixel42's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Malmesbury, UK
Posts: 13,896
It always puzzles me why people like heydarian choose this forum, out of all of those available, to present their theories, especially when they usually either ignore or hand wave away the responses. Perhaps it is the quantity of responses, rather than the quality or content, which is important to them. Whatever the reason, I can't see an acceptable alternative to pointing out the shortcomings of the theory and the total lack of evidence for it, with as much politeness as can be reasonably maintained given the reaction to those responses.
__________________
"If you trust in yourself ... and believe in your dreams ... and follow your star ... you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things" - Terry Pratchett
Pixel42 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th August 2021, 11:30 PM   #258
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 383
... Continue the method;
2. Expansion of the world:
The "expansion theory of the universe" is perhaps the most important astronomical discovery of the twentieth century, according to which galaxies are moving at a tremendous distance and distance from each other, as a result of which the universe is constantly expanding and expanding.The universe is expanding rapidly, but we do not feel it. Scientists have been able to measure its speed using advanced tools. This is a fact that no one knew about at the time of the revelation of the Qur'an.This scientific achievement of scientists has been achieved after a lot of research and spending a lot of money and for a long time. It is strange that the Qur'an announced the expansion of the world 1400 years ago in the following verse.
(Surah Dhariyat, verse 47)
Translation: "We have built the heavens with power, and We will never expand it."
The phrase "we are expanding the sky"; (We always expand it) makes it clear that a supreme and supreme force has created the heavens with its full power and is constantly expanding them.This matter is mentioned in the book of Quran in the seventh century AD. And even until half a century ago, scientists believed that the universe was shrinking and shrinking. Until a group of scientists realized that; The universe and celestial bodies are moving away from each other and the universe is expanding! This is while the book of Quran has said it 14 centuries ago!Today, astronomical observations by telescopes show that celestial spheres and galaxies are rapidly moving away; And the world is expanding, so the meaning of this sentence becomes quite clear to us. In the book "The Beginning and the End of the World" written by John Alder, we read:
"The latest and most accurate measurements of the wavelengths emanating from the stars reveal this astonishing fact and show that the set of stars that the universe is made of is constantly moving at a very high speed, from They move away from the center of the universe, and the farther away they are from this center, the faster they travel, and it seems that once all the stars in this center were complex, and then disintegrated and formed a large set of stars. "They break away from them and move quickly in all directions. Scientists have also used the idea that the universe had a starting point."
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th August 2021, 11:35 PM   #259
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 383
Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
It always puzzles me why people like heydarian choose this forum, out of all of those available, to present their theories, especially when they usually either ignore or hand wave away the responses. Perhaps it is the quantity of responses, rather than the quality or content, which is important to them. Whatever the reason, I can't see an acceptable alternative to pointing out the shortcomings of the theory and the total lack of evidence for it, with as much politeness as can be reasonably maintained given the reaction to those responses.
Hello . Do as you please. I am at your service. I intend to present the "mentioned" scientific material in the Qur'an with a purpose that is necessary to prove the supernatural. And I told my method to you and the friends of the association at the very beginning of the article. Wishing good health and success to all loved ones.
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th August 2021, 11:42 PM   #260
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 383
Originally Posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
Awww, I'll send him a gift basket.
Hello my dear friend. Of course, I did not understand exactly what you meant, but you think positively, and I was very happy. I wish you good health and eternal success.
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th August 2021, 11:44 PM   #261
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 383
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
Hey, good to see you again, "Open-Minded-Mark".

Look, the guy pretty much made it clear that English is not his first language, but some must attack him for it. And he was very pleasant in his postings. Honestly, this whole thread is, in fact, a testament to Islam...and shines a light on the general intolerance of the faith.

But, maybe that is what the audience needed to see.
Hi. Thank you very much.
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th August 2021, 11:48 PM   #262
Warp12
Graduate Poster
 
Warp12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 1,742
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
... Continue the method;
2. Expansion of the world:
The "expansion theory of the universe" is perhaps the most important astronomical discovery of the twentieth century, according to which galaxies are moving at a tremendous distance and distance from each other, as a result of which the universe is constantly expanding and expanding.The universe is expanding rapidly, but we do not feel it. Scientists have been able to measure its speed using advanced tools. This is a fact that no one knew about at the time of the revelation of the Qur'an.This scientific achievement of scientists has been achieved after a lot of research and spending a lot of money and for a long time. It is strange that the Qur'an announced the expansion of the world 1400 years ago in the following verse.
(Surah Dhariyat, verse 47)
Translation: "We have built the heavens with power, and We will never expand it."
The phrase "we are expanding the sky"; (We always expand it) makes it clear that a supreme and supreme force has created the heavens with its full power and is constantly expanding them.This matter is mentioned in the book of Quran in the seventh century AD. And even until half a century ago, scientists believed that the universe was shrinking and shrinking. Until a group of scientists realized that; The universe and celestial bodies are moving away from each other and the universe is expanding! This is while the book of Quran has said it 14 centuries ago!Today, astronomical observations by telescopes show that celestial spheres and galaxies are rapidly moving away; And the world is expanding, so the meaning of this sentence becomes quite clear to us. In the book "The Beginning and the End of the World" written by John Alder, we read:
"The latest and most accurate measurements of the wavelengths emanating from the stars reveal this astonishing fact and show that the set of stars that the universe is made of is constantly moving at a very high speed, from They move away from the center of the universe, and the farther away they are from this center, the faster they travel, and it seems that once all the stars in this center were complex, and then disintegrated and formed a large set of stars. "They break away from them and move quickly in all directions. Scientists have also used the idea that the universe had a starting point."
There are many translations of this, of course. One is as such:

"And the heaven, we have constructed it mightily, and it is surely we who have vast power, and keep expanding it.

Also

With power did we construct the heaven. Verily, we are able to extend the vastness of space thereof.

Might I suggest that any text from your article, that you put in a certain form, such as italics, bold, or a different font/color? Otherwise it is hard to tell your article from a regular response.
__________________
"It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." - Henry David Thoreau

Last edited by Warp12; 13th August 2021 at 11:51 PM.
Warp12 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th August 2021, 11:55 PM   #263
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 383
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
There are many translations of this, of course. One is as such:

"And the heaven, we have constructed it mightily, and it is surely we who have vast power, and keep expanding it.

Also

With power did we construct the heaven. Verily, we are able to extend the vastness of space thereof.

Might I suggest that any text from your article, that you put in a certain form, such as italics, bold, or a different font/color? Otherwise it is hard to tell your article from a regular response.
Hi dear friend. Thank you for explaining the two meanings of the verse to us. If we are careful; In both meanings, the verse refers to the same scientific matter. Isn't that so?
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2021, 12:01 AM   #264
Warp12
Graduate Poster
 
Warp12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 1,742
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
Hi dear friend. Thank you for explaining the two meanings of the verse to us. If we are careful; In both meanings, the verse refers to the same scientific matter. Isn't that so?
The verse refers to the creation of the universe, it would seem.

Some translations would back up the science fact of an expanding universe. But, things can be translated in many ways.

I am still not sure how this is leading to an understanding or demonstration of the supernatural.
__________________
"It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." - Henry David Thoreau
Warp12 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2021, 12:32 AM   #265
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat
 
Pixel42's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Malmesbury, UK
Posts: 13,896
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
... Continue the method;
2. Expansion of the world:
The "expansion theory of the universe" is perhaps the most important astronomical discovery of the twentieth century, according to which galaxies are moving at a tremendous distance and distance from each other, as a result of which the universe is constantly expanding and expanding.The universe is expanding rapidly, but we do not feel it. Scientists have been able to measure its speed using advanced tools. This is a fact that no one knew about at the time of the revelation of the Qur'an.This scientific achievement of scientists has been achieved after a lot of research and spending a lot of money and for a long time. It is strange that the Qur'an announced the expansion of the world 1400 years ago in the following verse.
(Surah Dhariyat, verse 47)
Translation: "We have built the heavens with power, and We will never expand it."
The phrase "we are expanding the sky"; (We always expand it) makes it clear that a supreme and supreme force has created the heavens with its full power and is constantly expanding them.This matter is mentioned in the book of Quran in the seventh century AD. And even until half a century ago, scientists believed that the universe was shrinking and shrinking. Until a group of scientists realized that; The universe and celestial bodies are moving away from each other and the universe is expanding! This is while the book of Quran has said it 14 centuries ago!Today, astronomical observations by telescopes show that celestial spheres and galaxies are rapidly moving away; And the world is expanding, so the meaning of this sentence becomes quite clear to us. In the book "The Beginning and the End of the World" written by John Alder, we read:
"The latest and most accurate measurements of the wavelengths emanating from the stars reveal this astonishing fact and show that the set of stars that the universe is made of is constantly moving at a very high speed, from They move away from the center of the universe, and the farther away they are from this center, the faster they travel, and it seems that once all the stars in this center were complex, and then disintegrated and formed a large set of stars. "They break away from them and move quickly in all directions. Scientists have also used the idea that the universe had a starting point."
Yes, I can see that this verse can be interpreted as referring to an expanding universe, amongst many other interpretations. And if the book was full of such verses, and there were no verses whose obvious interpretation contradicted facts that have since been established, then I might be at least a little bit impressed, despite the hateful parts of the book in question. But neither is the case. Even the most vigourous of mental gymnastics will only find a handful of such arguably correct verses, and they are outnumbered by the obviously incorrect (not to mention the disgusting) ones. So sheer coincidence seems a much more likely explanation of these minor arguable hits than that their author was receiving dictation from God. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, as they say.
__________________
"If you trust in yourself ... and believe in your dreams ... and follow your star ... you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things" - Terry Pratchett
Pixel42 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2021, 02:24 AM   #266
steenkh
Philosopher
 
steenkh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Denmark
Posts: 6,295
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
... Continue the method;
It is very wrong of you to just carry on as if nothing has happened. Your arguments have already failed completely, and you just ignore it.

When people point out obvious errors in your argumentation, at best you just claim that you have already answered it, or at worst you act as if it never happened.

Are you only here to deliver a sermon?

It seems that you are, despite your claim that you are not, and in that case I can tell you that your bad debating style is not convincing anyone here about the wonders of the quran.
__________________
Steen

--
Jack of all trades - master of none!
steenkh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2021, 03:21 AM   #267
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 383
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
Further to post 193, which says the Quran says at verse 21.30 God made every living thing of water. Muhammad clearly stole this from Genesis 1.20 from the bible.

https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Genesis-1-20/
Hello. Both books are from Islam. The religion of all the prophets of Islam and God. Religion from the time of "Adam" to "Muhammad" is divine Islam. That is, they worship the one God. But with different names. The biblical theme of the divine religions is the same. Although some books are more complete. And the book of the Qur'an ... This is what you say in both books. Because the narrator of the divine books is only one person and that is "God". So this, or something like that, if you see it in the books of the various divine religions, is not a contradiction. All issued from one source.
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2021, 03:38 AM   #268
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 383
Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
Yes, I can see that this verse can be interpreted as referring to an expanding universe, amongst many other interpretations. And if the book was full of such verses, and there were no verses whose obvious interpretation contradicted facts that have since been established, then I might be at least a little bit impressed, despite the hateful parts of the book in question. But neither is the case. Even the most vigourous of mental gymnastics will only find a handful of such arguably correct verses, and they are outnumbered by the obviously incorrect (not to mention the disgusting) ones. So sheer coincidence seems a much more likely explanation of these minor arguable hits than that their author was receiving dictation from God. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, as they say.
Hi. I have a few questions for you. Whose work can this reference to science and especially the new science that has been discovered in the last century be? Muhammad? He was illiterate. The people of Muhammad? They had nothing but their limited prose poetry and baseless superstitions and suspicions. So who is saying this in the Qur'an? I do not intend to change your mind. Please, just look at these scientific materials and the reference to the new sciences that are mentioned in the book of the Qur'an with neutral glasses. That means do not be biased only on your previous knowledge. Rather, think about the same things that are said in the Qur'an. Of course, I also gave the address. To be checked.And I do not insist on accepting my content or the Qur'an for you. You have the right to choose. And this is your right. Good luck.
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2021, 04:04 AM   #269
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 383
Originally Posted by steenkh View Post
It is very wrong of you to just carry on as if nothing has happened. Your arguments have already failed completely, and you just ignore it.

When people point out obvious errors in your argumentation, at best you just claim that you have already answered it, or at worst you act as if it never happened.

Are you only here to deliver a sermon?

It seems that you are, despite your claim that you are not, and in that case I can tell you that your bad debating style is not convincing anyone here about the wonders of the quran.
Hello. I have answered my friends to the best of my ability. Of course, it may have defects and it is not complete. For a complete answer, friends can refer to the religious sources of Islam, such as the meaning and interpretation of the Qur'an and related scientific sources. In any case, if I have upset anyone, I apologize for answering their questions.And I apologize to you. And thank you for your helpful article in this regard
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2021, 04:29 AM   #270
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 383
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
The verse refers to the creation of the universe, it would seem.

Some translations would back up the science fact of an expanding universe. But, things can be translated in many ways.

I am still not sure how this is leading to an understanding or demonstration of the supernatural.
Thank you for your kind comments. This content mentioned in the Qur'an is a prelude to proving the existence of the supernatural. Note that it only says that it is supernatural. But it does not say how and what the supernatural is. If we are looking for sex and how and what is supernatural, this is not the way. And yet man has not been able to comprehend what is supernatural. Because it is clear from its name: it is supernatural and matter means beyond it. It is not matter and nature itself. So what? Nobody knows. I just prove that it exists and exists. And I show it from his works. This. Only. Nothing else.
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2021, 04:34 AM   #271
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 383
I hope that the day will come when human science will discover and discover what nature is - how and how it is supernatural. It is a difficult path, but man is curious and follows the path of science to reach his goal of discovering the unknown.
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2021, 04:38 AM   #272
Warp12
Graduate Poster
 
Warp12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 1,742
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
Thank you for your kind comments. This content mentioned in the Qur'an is a prelude to proving the existence of the supernatural. Note that it only says that it is supernatural. But it does not say how and what the supernatural is. If we are looking for sex and how and what is supernatural, this is not the way. And yet man has not been able to comprehend what is supernatural. Because it is clear from its name: it is supernatural and matter means beyond it. It is not matter and nature itself. So what? Nobody knows. I just prove that it exists and exists. And I show it from his works. This. Only. Nothing else.
Due to the language gap, it is a little hard to communicate.

But, I will say, the arrogance of mankind is something that should be humbled, in general. Here, we have people telling us how advanced our science is, while ignoring their small spot in the grand scheme.
__________________
"It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." - Henry David Thoreau

Last edited by Warp12; 14th August 2021 at 04:39 AM.
Warp12 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2021, 04:50 AM   #273
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 383
Originally Posted by MarkCorrigan View Post
Edited by Agatha:  Edited to match quoted post


A testament to what about it? It is a religion whose holy book people attempt to retrofit to science in order to claim it must be the divine word of god. It isn't alone in this, and just because this is a rather poor attempt to paper over the cracks doesn't mean that this thread is unique either.

However, Islam is also a religion whose holy book very explicitly states that apostates should be killed. The Bible also shares this trait, but the quran is unique in how often it repeats this commandment. Not just the proclamations about how we will burn in hell (although that crops up constantly too) but to kill us. The Quran directly instructs Muslims to kill all non believers wherever they find them. More than once. That's a pretty disgusting book.



I have no problem with Muslims. I in fact find it impressive that there are so many good people who profess to believe in the violent, supremacist book of horrors that is the Quran, just like I find it impressive there are so many good people who profess to believe in the violent, supremacist book of horrors that is the Bible.

I do have a problem with any supremacist ideology. Any ideology that states that those outside of it should be killed and deserve to be killed is a horrifying one. I don't care if it is a religious ideology like Islam and Christianity or a political one like Fascism.
Hello dear friend. I read your articles about the Quran in this post. I must say that I am sorry that the Qur'an itself has been portrayed by us Muslims out of ignorance, and again, unfortunately, out of hatred and violence by some people. Yes, there is the word and phrase of hell and fire in the Qur'an, but note that there are the same number of words of heaven, blessing, goodness, comfort and reward. If our actions and words are good, we deserve the reward of heaven and we will see. And if not ... there is heaven and hell in this world and parallel to this world. Isn't it that we humans create hell with war and bloodshed and set ourselves on fire? Why shouldn't we create paradise in this world? I follow the creation of paradise in this world.

Last edited by Agatha; 15th August 2021 at 06:12 AM.
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2021, 05:12 AM   #274
Scorpion
Master Poster
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,884
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
... Continue the method;
2. Expansion of the world:
The "expansion theory of the universe" is perhaps the most important astronomical discovery of the twentieth century, according to which galaxies are moving at a tremendous distance and distance from each other, as a result of which the universe is constantly expanding and expanding.The universe is expanding rapidly, but we do not feel it. Scientists have been able to measure its speed using advanced tools. This is a fact that no one knew about at the time of the revelation of the Qur'an.This scientific achievement of scientists has been achieved after a lot of research and spending a lot of money and for a long time. It is strange that the Qur'an announced the expansion of the world 1400 years ago in the following verse.
(Surah Dhariyat, verse 47)
Translation: "We have built the heavens with power, and We will never expand it."
The phrase "we are expanding the sky"; (We always expand it) makes it clear that a supreme and supreme force has created the heavens with its full power and is constantly expanding them.This matter is mentioned in the book of Quran in the seventh century AD. And even until half a century ago, scientists believed that the universe was shrinking and shrinking. Until a group of scientists realized that; The universe and celestial bodies are moving away from each other and the universe is expanding! This is while the book of Quran has said it 14 centuries ago!Today, astronomical observations by telescopes show that celestial spheres and galaxies are rapidly moving away; And the world is expanding, so the meaning of this sentence becomes quite clear to us. In the book "The Beginning and the End of the World" written by John Alder, we read:
"The latest and most accurate measurements of the wavelengths emanating from the stars reveal this astonishing fact and show that the set of stars that the universe is made of is constantly moving at a very high speed, from They move away from the center of the universe, and the farther away they are from this center, the faster they travel, and it seems that once all the stars in this center were complex, and then disintegrated and formed a large set of stars. "They break away from them and move quickly in all directions. Scientists have also used the idea that the universe had a starting point."
Please put the surah number, not just the names. Because I for one have to go through the entire Quran looking up the names to find which surah you are talking about. As for surah Al Dhariyat it is surah 51 and you are quoting verse 47

Here is verse 51.47 according to M.M. Pichthall

We have built the heaven with might, and We it is who made the vast extent thereof.

Here is Darwoods translation of 51.47

We built the heaven with our might, giving it a vast expanse and stretched the earth beneath it.

Here is the Yusuf Ali translation 51.47

With power and skill did we construct the firmament: for it is we who expand the vastness of space. 51.48 And we have spread out the earth: How excellently we do spread out!

Only the Yusuf Ali translation could be construed as meaning space is expanding. And that is not clear. And the next verse says the earth is flat.
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2021, 05:21 AM   #275
Warp12
Graduate Poster
 
Warp12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 1,742
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
Only the Yusuf Ali translation could be construed as meaning space is expanding. And that is not clear. And the next verse says the earth is flat.
Not. Unless you must translate everything in a literal fashion.
__________________
"It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." - Henry David Thoreau
Warp12 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2021, 05:53 AM   #276
Scorpion
Master Poster
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,884
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
Not. Unless you must translate everything in a literal fashion.
Translation is an issue, and lots of Muslims say you cannot know what is in the Quran unless you read it in Arabic. I refuse to be daunted by that argument and feel that comparing many English translations, and not being too dogmatic about any one translation can give you an overview of what the Arabic Quran says.

The next issue is interpretation, and my argument is that Muslims take simple one line verses, and interpret them to mean things they do not in order to aggrandize the Quran, and give it more profound meaning than it deserves.

Incidentally does anyone know of a web site that gives multiple English translations of the Quran? I used to know one that had about forty translations to compare, but I cannot find it and suppose its gone off line.
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy

Last edited by Scorpion; 14th August 2021 at 06:08 AM.
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2021, 06:39 AM   #277
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming
 
MarkCorrigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 10,167
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
Hello dear friend. I read your articles about the Quran in this post. I must say that I am sorry that the Qur'an itself has been portrayed by us Muslims out of ignorance, and again, unfortunately, out of hatred and violence by some people.
It isn't the actions of some Muslims that I am talking about, it's the actual language of the book itself.

Originally Posted by Surah 2:191
slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter.
Kill the unbelievers.

Originally Posted by Surah 2:254
The disbelievers, they are the wrong-doers.
Disbelievers are wrong doers simply for not believing.

Originally Posted by Surah 4:89
They long that ye should disbelieve even as they disbelieve, that ye may be upon a level (with them). So choose not friends from them till they forsake their homes in the way of Allah; if they turn back (to enmity) then take them and kill them wherever ye find them, and choose no friend nor helper from among them,
Don't be friends with a non believer because they want to drag you to non belief. If they convert to Islam then that's fine but if they don't or if they go back to non belief kill them. All of them.

Originally Posted by Surah 7:37
Who doeth greater wrong than he who inventeth a lie concerning Allah or denieth Our tokens.
The greatest evil possible? No, not murder or rape or genocide. Rejection of Islam.

Originally Posted by Surah 7:177
Evil as an example are the folk who denied Our revelations,
Non Muslims are evil.

This is not even a majority of the horrible intolerance and viciousness in the Quran. It's a handful of the literally hundreds of passages that preach supremacism and cruelty.
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
Yes, there is the word and phrase of hell and fire in the Qur'an, but note that there are the same number of words of heaven, blessing, goodness, comfort and reward.
Only for Muslims. Doesn't matter how good a person you are if you are not a muslim you will burn in hell for eternity, to say nothing of the many, many places that book says that we as non believers should be degraded, treated harshly and killed.

Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
If our actions and words are good, we deserve the reward of heaven and we will see.
Not what your holy book says. Your holy book says that if you aren't a Muslim you burn in hell. Doesn't matter how good you are.
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
And if not ... there is heaven and hell in this world and parallel to this world.
Evidence for this please. I don't believe in heaven or hell. I think they are entirely fictional, but I'm willing to be convinced if you have some evidence for them.


Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
Isn't it that we humans create hell with war and bloodshed and set ourselves on fire?
A lot of people do it because they follow whatever "holy" book they were brought up to believe. Much of the Middle Eastern conflict has been fuelled by the fact that the Quran repeatedly describes the Jews as evil.
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
Why shouldn't we create paradise in this world? I follow the creation of paradise in this world.
That sounds nice, but your book commands you to kill non believers. How can you say that you want to create a paradise on this world when your own book that is supposed to be the direct word of god commands you to kill people like me?
__________________
Naturalism adjusts it's principles to fit with the observed data.
It's a god of the facts world view. -joobz

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint, when I ask why the poor have no food they call me a communist - Hélder Câmara

Last edited by MarkCorrigan; 14th August 2021 at 06:41 AM.
MarkCorrigan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2021, 07:49 AM   #278
Scorpion
Master Poster
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,884
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
I hope that the day will come when human science will discover and discover what nature is - how and how it is supernatural. It is a difficult path, but man is curious and follows the path of science to reach his goal of discovering the unknown.
It is my view that science will never prove the supernatural. Because we are not meant to escape the confines of earthly incarnation by scientifically provable means. The road to spiritual understanding remains one of inner self development and personal evolution. Some refer to it as the journey to the east.

If we could penetrate the veil between the physical world and the spiritual world by science we would remove the whole point of being incarnated. We would also be likely to contaminate the spiritual realms with our unevolved self interested motivations.
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2021, 09:38 AM   #279
steenkh
Philosopher
 
steenkh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Denmark
Posts: 6,295
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
Hello. I have answered my friends to the best of my ability.
This is just a lame excuse. Do you understand the concept of a “lame excuse”?

For instance, you tried to claim that the the quran’s mention of east and west indicated the knowledge that the Earth is a sphere, but we pointed out that east and west work just as well on flat surfaces. You then came up with some nonsense about a sphere having an unlimited circumference, which is truly wrong, as any school child should be able to tell you.

Quote:
Of course, it may have defects and it is not complete. For a complete answer, friends can refer to the religious sources of Islam, such as the meaning and interpretation of the Qur'an and related scientific sources.
I don’t think that you will find a proper description of the circumference in the quran, or you would already have shown us.

Quote:
In any case, if I have upset anyone, I apologize for answering their questions.
You mean not answering the questions…
__________________
Steen

--
Jack of all trades - master of none!
steenkh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2021, 10:22 AM   #280
steenkh
Philosopher
 
steenkh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Denmark
Posts: 6,295
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
I hope that the day will come when human science will discover and discover what nature is - how and how it is supernatural.
Before we come to that stage you have to show that there is such a thing as “the supernatural”. Currently, there is not a shred of evidence that the supernatural exists.

This is another area where you have simply ignored what we said. You claimed that it was current knowledge that “souls” exist, and several of us said “no, it is not current knowledge; in fact it appears that souls do not exist.”

Souls, seem to be something that religious people, and superstitious people believe in, but there is no evidence for this existence, any more than for Santa Claus.

So you cannot just continue to build your argumentation on the existence of souls, when in fact you need to bring evidence for their existence.
__________________
Steen

--
Jack of all trades - master of none!
steenkh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:32 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.