IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
View Poll Results: For the article Supernatural
thank you 0 0%
I hope my article is reviewed 0 0%
I am waiting for your opinion, dear ones 0 0%
Hoping for your success and health 1 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
Old 15th August 2021, 07:15 AM   #321
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Antimemetics Division
Posts: 53,572
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
Scientists have observed and recorded the sound of pulsars.
No they have not. Sound is shockwaves in a medium. It is impossible for the sounds of a pulsar to traverse the hundreds or thousands of light years to us, to be recorded as such.

Scientists have observed and recorded the electromagnetic emissions of pulsars. And they have converted those emissions to sounds. Whatever "hammering" sound you here is entirely the choice of the people doing the conversion. They could have chosen any audio pattern. They could have chosen to represent the light pulses as a rising and falling buzz. Then you'd have to find a verse in the Quran about bees or hornets or something. Or they could have chosen to just have a ding like a doorbell at the peak of each wave. Or they could have chosen a cow's moo at the bottom of each trough. What would your Quran have to say then?
__________________
There is no Antimemetics Division.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th August 2021, 07:58 AM   #322
Darat
Lackey
Administrator
 
Darat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: South East, UK
Posts: 100,019
Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
...snip... Or they could have chosen a cow's moo at the bottom of each trough. What would your Quran have to say then?
It was the moosic of the spheres!
__________________
I wish I knew how to quit you
Darat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th August 2021, 08:31 AM   #323
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming
 
MarkCorrigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 10,171
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
Hello. In the Qur'an and the religion of Islam, extravagance and extravagance are disliked and rejected. This is not the cause of the war in Islam. Rather, we have a defensive jihad in Islam. If the enemy of anyone (even the neighboring neighbor of the country, who is also a Muslim) intends to invade our land and attack, it is obligatory to defend and jihad against him. Isn't this the law and procedure in every country? If your land is invaded, will you not defend or attack?
In the Qur'an, the principle is based on peace and biological peace with all countries and nations. I will give you just one example: Surah Al-Mumtahanah. See verses 7 to 9, which say: "Allah will establish friendship between you and those with whom you have an enemy, and Allah is Able to do, and Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." Religion has not fought you and expelled you from your religion, and does not forbid you from doing good to them and doing justice to them, for God loves the judges. Religion has fought you, driven you out of your homes, and supported you in driving you out, and whoever befriends them, they are the wrongdoers.
In the Qur'an, it says the cause of good and evil. And it tells the end of the work of the two groups. pay attention. He says that the reason for disbelief is covering the truth and not believing in the truth and denying it. The end of what they have provided is torment. God does not punish anyone for no reason. Torment and fire come from our own actions. On the contrary, it is good. The good ones accept the truth and act on it, so they are rewarded and found comfort in heaven.
Nowhere does the Qur'an insult or disrespect anyone. Unfortunately, this is our misconception of the Qur'an. If you have an example to the contrary, tell me the address so that I can check and answer.
Apart from this correct Qur'anic practice, if you see any violation, it is not from the Qur'an. It is the political work of governments. I do not want to talk about government policy. Because I believe that politics is always accompanied by lies. Not quite right. Of course, politicians justify that it should be expedient and act accordingly. These conversations are very common. And I do not belong to him.
Dear friend of the association, please tell me only about the article if you have a question or article so that I can review and answer. Because these conversations are long and our main goal is a long time behind. And it takes. Thank you very much.
Why do you keep asking for quotes from the Quran when I have already provided them and you just ignored them?
__________________
Naturalism adjusts it's principles to fit with the observed data.
It's a god of the facts world view. -joobz

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint, when I ask why the poor have no food they call me a communist - Hélder Câmara
MarkCorrigan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th August 2021, 09:31 AM   #324
P.J. Denyer
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 8,408
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
I have quoted the horrible verses about eternal hellfire, and they do not seem to bother you. But I find them appalling, and can hardly understand how anyone would worship such a monster. There is actually a verse saying Allah only created jinn and humankind so that they would worship him. 51.56 That is a pathetic reason to create people.
I find myself agreeing with Scorpion... Strange days indeed.
__________________
"I know my brain cannot tell me what to think." - Scorpion

"Nebulous means Nebulous" - Adam Hills
P.J. Denyer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th August 2021, 10:16 AM   #325
Scorpion
Master Poster
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,884
The Quran says the sun goes to a resting place.




36:38

Pickthall- And the sun runneth on unto a resting-place for him. That is the measuring of the Mighty, the Wise.

Yusuf Ali- And the sun runs his course for a period determined for him: that is the decree of (Him), the Exalted in Might, the All-Knowing.

Hilali-Khan- And the sun runs on its fixed course for a term (appointed). That is the Decree of the All-Mighty, the All-Knowing.

Shakir- And the sun runs on to a term appointed for it; that is the ordinance of the Mighty, the Knowing.

Sher Ali- And the sun is moving on to its determined goal. That is the decree of the Almighty, the All-Knowing God.

Khalifa- The sun sets into a specific location, according to the design of the Almighty, the Omniscient.

Arberry- And the sun -- it runs to a fixed resting-place; that is the ordaining of the All-mighty, the All-knowing.

Palmer- and the sun runs on to a place of rest for it; that is the ordinance of the mighty, the wise.

Rodwell- And the Sun hasteneth to her place of rest. This, the ordinance of the Mighty, the Knowing!

Sale- And the sun hasteneth to his place of rest. This [is] the disposition of the mighty, the wise [God].

Darwood- THe sun hastens on to its resting place its course is laid for it by the mighty one, the All-knowing.

Marriful- And the sun is quickly proceeding towards its resting place.



Hadith Bukhari Volume 4, Book 54, Number 421:
Narrated Abu Dhar:

The Prophet asked me at sunset, "Do you know where the sun goes (at the time of sunset)?" I replied, "Allah and His Apostle know better." He said, "It goes (i.e. travels) till it prostrates Itself underneath the Throne and takes the permission to rise again, and it is permitted and then (a time will come when) it will be about to prostrate itself but its prostration will not be accepted, and it will ask permission to go on its course but it will not be permitted, but it will be ordered to return whence it has come and so it will rise in the west. And that is the interpretation of the Statement of Allah: "And the sun Runs its fixed course For a term (decreed). that is The Decree of (Allah) The Exalted in Might, The All-Knowing." (36.38)
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th August 2021, 07:43 PM   #326
xterra
So far, so good...
 
xterra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: On the outskirts of Nowhere; the middle was too crowded
Posts: 3,830
Originally Posted by Darat View Post
It was the moosic of the spheres!

Please report to the Administrator for self-flagellation.
__________________
Over we go....
xterra is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th August 2021, 11:46 PM   #327
Mojo
Mostly harmless
 
Mojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Nor Flanden
Posts: 34,463
Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
So many errors to correct!

Not least “Husselin Bell Bornell”!
__________________
"You got to use your brain." - McKinley Morganfield

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th August 2021, 11:50 PM   #328
Susheel
Master Poster
 
Susheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Hyderabad, India
Posts: 2,281
OK...This is the last post on this thread as it has no longer got anything to do with the OP's original claim and is currently proselytizing.
What is written and interpreted matters very little. The Taliban uses religion to justify their actions and ultimately, that is what Islam is. In fact, more often than not, rather than condemning the actions if the Taliban...there is a predominant tendency to sift through the Quran to justify the acts.
__________________
I've got to get to a library...fast Robert Langdon
Susheel is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th August 2021, 11:51 PM   #329
Mojo
Mostly harmless
 
Mojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Nor Flanden
Posts: 34,463
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
Hi. Thank you dear friend for quoting several different meanings of this verse. All these meanings acknowledge the last point of the verse and confirm that we expand the heavens. In the word Lamosoun, the letter L refers to the sky and gives breadth to the sky. The word and before that is turning to the same sky. And these two letters in Arabic are to explain and confirm the word breadth. The word expanse has a clear meaning. So we created the sky with our power and we will always expand it. I recommend that you enlist the help of someone who is fluent in Arabic to explain the meaning of this verse to you in full.
And the words farshana and mahdon do not mean smooth. pay attention; That is, we have expanded and how well we are expanding the earth. This does not mean that the earth is flat and does not contradict its sphericity. In this verse, he does not mention the shape of the earth at all. He only says that we have spread the earth because it is ready for my life and yours - for my and your residence and urban development - for my and your agriculture and ... and how well we are spreading the earth for you human beings ... God is right and He loves me and you and all human beings very much. But we do not understand.
Thanks

According to your argument this is a prediction that the Earth is expanding.
__________________
"You got to use your brain." - McKinley Morganfield

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th August 2021, 04:07 AM   #330
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 4,557
Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
My guess is that the first one will be the Pulsar claim.
Any other contenders?
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
...5. Pulses (pulsating stars)
OK, it wasn't the first claim, but I could still see it shambling over the horizon.
Heydarian: surely you must realise that all this has been looked at before, many, many times? It is yet another attempt at retro-fitting, as many here have pointed out to you: it wasn't true then, it's not true now, and it never will be true.
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th August 2021, 05:08 AM   #331
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing
 
Norman Alexander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Gundungurra
Posts: 10,520
For our OP, here is a video of a rotating lighthouse light. This is what pulsars do as well, but with radio waves. No "striking", no "penetrating", just regular blinking. Most importantly, it matches no description from the Qu'ran

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE


This level of science is simple enough for a child in junior school to understand. For a person who claims to be a scholar of many years who does not understand, it does not say much for their level of education that they do not understand. To claim that the Qu'ran predicted this shows how little is understood.

The only alternative, which has been proven countless times by his other posts, is that the OP is trying desperately to force-fit specially picked Qu'ran verses to his poor understanding of modern science. Plenty of posters here know more about both those subjects than he does. It is an embarrassment that he is persisting. It does no service to his knowledge of science, and even less service to his theological study of the Qu'ran. He should really stop now, before it becomes even worse.
__________________
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th August 2021, 07:15 AM   #332
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 4,557
Moreover, this is not heydarian's own research: this is bog-standard Muslim proselytising, which I've seen before many times.
It is always faintly amusing to me that these zealots arrive here from time to time, apparently believing that none of us have ever heard these arguments before, and that we will somehow be dazzled into becoming True Believers by their brilliance.
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th August 2021, 07:42 AM   #333
gypsyjackson
Graduate Poster
 
gypsyjackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posts: 1,375
Originally Posted by Susheel View Post
My query was to Warp 12. I am not responding to your thinly veiled proselytising in the name of scientific enquiry. In fact you are doing nothing that people like Zakir Naik haven't already done...and failed miserably. Except ofcourse in the eyes of the TrueBeliever (tm)
Zakir Naik is inordinately popular here, especially given he doesn’t even speak the language. He’s been given residency, apparently, despite not meeting any of the criteria to do so, and pre-Covid was making a lot of money from his preaching. He’s so popular that neither side of the political debate is prepared to talk about extradition to India.
gypsyjackson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th August 2021, 08:24 AM   #334
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming
 
MarkCorrigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 10,171
I'd never heard of Zakir Naik before so I've looked him up.

Wow, what a scumbag.
__________________
Naturalism adjusts it's principles to fit with the observed data.
It's a god of the facts world view. -joobz

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint, when I ask why the poor have no food they call me a communist - Hélder Câmara
MarkCorrigan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2021, 12:10 AM   #335
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 4,557
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
Hi
I did some research in the lab to prove the supernatural
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
Hello. We can not observe the supernatural in the laboratory, but the evidence and its effects can be seen and seen.
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
Also, to find out through material testing in the laboratory, I tell you that the existence of transmaterial can be realized and seen.
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
I did not test anything in the laboratory. And basically I do not have the laboratory facilities that you think.
Just wanted to summarise this little series of claims.
heydarian: You first claimed to have done laboratory research to prove the existence of the supernatural.
Then you said the supernatural cannot be observed in a lab.
Then you said it can.
Then you said that, not only had you not actually done any lab testing, you don't even have a lab you could do the tests in.

Did you think your arguments through at all before you started posting?

Moreover, you don't really mean 'the supernatural' in the common sense of the word, which would be ghosts, magic, telepathy &c. What you actually mean is god, and not just any god, but your particular, special god that's really real, not the silly made-up gods that other people have.

Even if some of what you are saying is true, does this mean you claim to have come up with a laboratory test to prove the existence of Allah?
I envisage some sort of litmus test. Go through all the grovelling that so many deities seem to require, then wave the paper around and see what colour it goes. Green (the colour of Islam) for Allah, orange for Buddha, red (for blood) for Jesus, and a great shower of multicoloured sparks and flashy things for the Hindu pantheon. Is that what you did?
Seriously, how do you isolate and test for Allah?

If not, was all this talk of research and labs just a smokescreen for your fundamentalist religious proselytising? Thus far, you have failed to present any original research: everything so far is copy-and-paste from other sources: do you have anything original to add?
By the way, if you are Iranian, then can I ask if you are able to read the Quran in the original Arabic? You place great reliance on certain translations and meanings of key Arabic words and phrases, so it's kind of important.

Finally: evidence of the 'transmaterial', please.
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2021, 01:15 AM   #336
Mojo
Mostly harmless
 
Mojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Nor Flanden
Posts: 34,463
I think what he means might be, “I read the Quran in a laboratory, therefore it is science.”
__________________
"You got to use your brain." - McKinley Morganfield

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2021, 01:42 AM   #337
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat
 
Pixel42's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Malmesbury, UK
Posts: 13,896
I suspect he believes that, if the meanings of a few verses can be twisted so that they appear to predict recent scientific discoveries, that counts as scientific proof that the book was divinely inspired, and hence of God. It's a nonsensical argument, but it gets a few more points for effort than most nonsensical arguments.
__________________
"If you trust in yourself ... and believe in your dreams ... and follow your star ... you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things" - Terry Pratchett
Pixel42 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2021, 01:45 AM   #338
P.J. Denyer
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 8,408
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
I think what he means might be, “I read the Quran in a laboratory, therefore it is science.”
Guess it fills the time when there's no tables to bus in the laboratory cafeteria...
__________________
"I know my brain cannot tell me what to think." - Scorpion

"Nebulous means Nebulous" - Adam Hills
P.J. Denyer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2021, 03:44 AM   #339
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 4,557
Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
I suspect he believes that, if the meanings of a few verses can be twisted so that they appear to predict recent scientific discoveries, that counts as scientific proof that the book was divinely inspired, and hence of God. It's a nonsensical argument, but it gets a few more points for effort than most nonsensical arguments.
Maybe, but not for heydarian: these are not the results of their research, nor are they in any way original. Perhaps heydarian can tell us where these arguments came from.
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2021, 03:47 AM   #340
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 4,557
Originally Posted by P.J. Denyer View Post
Guess it fills the time when there's no tables to bus in the laboratory cafeteria...
That might explain the rather puzzling inability of heydarian to use the quote function, or attach a document.
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2021, 04:52 AM   #341
steenkh
Philosopher
 
steenkh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Denmark
Posts: 6,295
Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
I suspect he believes that, if the meanings of a few verses can be twisted so that they appear to predict recent scientific discoveries, that counts as scientific proof that the book was divinely inspired, and hence of God. It's a nonsensical argument, but it gets a few more points for effort than most nonsensical arguments.

Yes, I agree. Though I have seen Muslims presenting even worse arguments with just as much effort.

(I was once at a forum where a Muslim tried to convince a bunch of atheists that God exists, and Muhammad is his prophet, because it is impossible for a mere human to write something as beautiful as the Quran. He really couldn’t understand why his unbeatable argument was laughed out)
__________________
Steen

--
Jack of all trades - master of none!
steenkh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th August 2021, 12:14 AM   #342
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 4,557
Originally Posted by steenkh View Post
Yes, I agree. Though I have seen Muslims presenting even worse arguments with just as much effort.

(I was once at a forum where a Muslim tried to convince a bunch of atheists that God exists, and Muhammad is his prophet, because it is impossible for a mere human to write something as beautiful as the Quran. He really couldn’t understand why his unbeatable argument was laughed out)
Hah! I'll see your forum Muslim, and raise you with Said Nursi.

"Fish are fat. Monkeys are thin. Therefore, Allah exists."

I kid you not.
This was also touted as a 'slap in the face of atheists'- another supposedly unanswerable argument for the truth of Islam.
Anyone converted by this? I mean, it's so convincing.....
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th August 2021, 01:08 AM   #343
Susheel
Master Poster
 
Susheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Hyderabad, India
Posts: 2,281
Want some idiocy from another religion?
__________________
I've got to get to a library...fast Robert Langdon
Susheel is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th August 2021, 01:13 AM   #344
catsmate
No longer the 1
 
catsmate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 25,694
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
I have given your answer in detail and the necessary explanations before. Please read my previous answer. I do not see the need to repeat. Good luck.
So it's back to the lying and evading?
How typical of the god botherer when confronted with facts incompatible with their opinions.
__________________
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th August 2021, 01:17 AM   #345
catsmate
No longer the 1
 
catsmate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 25,694
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
Hello. You are probably not familiar with geometry and geometric shapes and spheres.
Post - Kettle.

Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
A sphere has infinite diameter.
Absolute an utter nonsense. You clearly have little grasp of solid geometry.


Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
And the vertex of each diameter
A sphere has no vertices.

Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
As the earth is spherical
Rather imperfectly so. The shape of the Earth was known long before Islam.

Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
and has infinite geographical directions.
Is this supposed to mean something?

Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
Your skepticism about the sun's rotation around the earth
The sun does not rotate around the Earth, this is nonsense.

Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
<gibber snippage>
__________________
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th August 2021, 02:16 AM   #346
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: I live in a swamp
Posts: 23,884
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
Dear Master, tell me any defects and flaws you see in the Qur'an with the address of the surah and verse. I have a duty to check and search and give you an answer. Please do not object to the Qur'an without the address of the surah and verse. Let 's move forward logically. Otherwise, it will not be logical and I will not be held accountable. Thanks a lot.
What difference does the surah and verse make if the author is a deluded liar? If there is no god then nothing in your hack rag matters.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th August 2021, 04:19 AM   #347
steenkh
Philosopher
 
steenkh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Denmark
Posts: 6,295
Originally Posted by catsmate View Post
Post - Kettle.


Absolute an utter nonsense. You clearly have little grasp of solid geometry.



A sphere has no vertices.


Rather imperfectly so. The shape of the Earth was known long before Islam.


Is this supposed to mean something?


The sun does not rotate around the Earth, this is nonsense.



Yes, this post of his is unique because here he actually tries his hand on making up an argument, instead of parroting what others have said. When called on the nonsense, he completely ignored it, and when called again, he told us that he would not repeat himself.

(When I called him on it, I wrote “circumference” instead of “diameter” because I was too lazy to look up his post.).
__________________
Steen

--
Jack of all trades - master of none!
steenkh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2021, 12:47 AM   #348
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 383
Hello dear friends. Vacation was an excuse to eat fresh air. Across the water is a voice calling to me. You have to build a boat, you have to go somewhere else. It is piety where he will tell me: the best thing is to reach a look that is wetter than the incident of love.
From; Sohrab Sepehri Kashan
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2021, 12:55 AM   #349
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 383
Originally Posted by catsmate View Post
Post - Kettle.


Absolute an utter nonsense. You clearly have little grasp of solid geometry.



A sphere has no vertices.


Rather imperfectly so. The shape of the Earth was known long before Islam.


Is this supposed to mean something?


The sun does not rotate around the Earth, this is nonsense.


Dear Master, can you tell me what the specifications of Korea are? To know.
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2021, 12:59 AM   #350
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 383
Originally Posted by catsmate View Post
So it's back to the lying and evading?
How typical of the god botherer when confronted with facts incompatible with their opinions.
There is no contradiction in the Qur'an. By the way, you and all my dear friends, if you can, bring a verse just like the Qur'an so that I can believe in it.
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2021, 01:04 AM   #351
Lothian
should be banned
 
Lothian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Earth, specifically the crusty bit on the outside
Posts: 16,712
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
: the best thing is to reach a look that is wetter than the incident of love.
err, ummm er. That is a very niche area of pornhub you are frequenting.
Lothian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2021, 01:10 AM   #352
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 383
Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
Hah! I'll see your forum Muslim, and raise you with Said Nursi.

"Fish are fat. Monkeys are thin. Therefore, Allah exists."

I kid you not.
This was also touted as a 'slap in the face of atheists'- another supposedly unanswerable argument for the truth of Islam.
Anyone converted by this? I mean, it's so convincing.....
Do not be tired dear friend. I have articles and articles about the supernatural, but you hate Islam. I do not understand the connection. Scientific information about the supernatural has been the subject of discussion in your community. you have forgotten. And no one has been able to prove it to you yet. Are you knowledgeable? Please do not go astray. What I say about the Qur'an is the same as science. And I want to prove the supernatural for you to see from the science of the Qur'an and the philosophy of existence. Are my words incomprehensible?I hope you use wisdom and science instead of taunting and ridiculing. I wish good health and success to each and every one of you dear ones.
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2021, 01:12 AM   #353
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 383
Originally Posted by Lothian View Post
err, ummm er. That is a very niche area of pornhub you are frequenting.
Hi. I recommend let your mind breathe fresh air .... Good luck.
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2021, 01:17 AM   #354
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 383
Originally Posted by steenkh View Post
Yes, I agree. Though I have seen Muslims presenting even worse arguments with just as much effort.

(I was once at a forum where a Muslim tried to convince a bunch of atheists that God exists, and Muhammad is his prophet, because it is impossible for a mere human to write something as beautiful as the Quran. He really couldn’t understand why his unbeatable argument was laughed out)
Hi. very well. You convinced him that there is no god and that Muhammad is not his prophet. Were you able to unite him? And prove to him that he is not God and that Muhammad is not his prophet. Were you able to? Tell me too.
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2021, 01:22 AM   #355
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat
 
Pixel42's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Malmesbury, UK
Posts: 13,896
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
What I say about the Qur'an is the same as science.
No, it really isn't. Until you are prepared to listen to, and try to understand, the reasons why it isn't you will remain in ignorance.

Quote:
And I want to prove the supernatural for you to see from the science of the Qur'an and the philosophy of existence.
That is simply not possible. We've seen the arguments you are trying to use before, so we already know that for a fact.

Quote:
Are my words incomprehensible?
They don't make much sense, because they are based on faulty reasoning and assumptions.

Quote:
I hope you use wisdom and science instead of taunting and ridiculing.
Most posters here tend to resort to taunting and ridiculing only after wisdom and science have failed.

Quote:
I wish good health and success to each and every one of you dear ones.
Then why are you trying to get us to accept ignorant superstition? That's a sure way to bad health and failure.
__________________
"If you trust in yourself ... and believe in your dreams ... and follow your star ... you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things" - Terry Pratchett
Pixel42 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2021, 01:31 AM   #356
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 383
... Continue the method;
7. Existence of life in space:
After the discovery of the earliest traces of life on one of the meteorites that landed from space to Earth, the scientist's space travels began to explore space creatures. They later discovered that there was some water on Mars and other planets, and their overall conclusion was that life probably existed there.It can almost be said that astronomers agree that life could exist on other planets.
This fact was discovered in the 21st century, but the Qur'an explicitly states it in the following verse in the 7th century AD. In (Surah Shura, verse 29)
Translation: And of His signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth, and what He has sent down of the creatures in them, and He is able to gather them whenever He wills. (Release of living beings in the heavens)
8. Cosmic building:
For a long time, scientists thought that a large volume of the universe was filled with empty spaces, but recently they discovered that the universe is a solid building and it is called "cosmic building". In the shadow of new discoveries, the word "space: empty space" no longer has any meaning because galaxies are the building blocks of the universe that are filled with dark matter and energy.Galaxies are like blocks of a cosmic building, and dark matter fills the universe.
It is strange that in the Qur'an the word "space" is not used at all, but the sky is mentioned with the word "building: building". Consider this verse as an example:In (Surah Al-Baqarah. Verse 22)
Translation: He (God) Who made the earth for you a (broad) carpet and the sky a building (raised).
In the other verse, exactly the same truth is mentioned. And in (Surah Shams, verse 5)
Translation: And I swear by the sky and the one who built the sky.
All these verses show that the Qur'an is very scientifically accurate and that is the reason for the legitimacy of this book...
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2021, 01:33 AM   #357
P.J. Denyer
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 8,408
Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
Most posters here tend to resort to taunting and ridiculing only after wisdom and science have failed been ignored.
Suggested edit.
__________________
"I know my brain cannot tell me what to think." - Scorpion

"Nebulous means Nebulous" - Adam Hills
P.J. Denyer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2021, 01:37 AM   #358
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 383
Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
No, it really isn't. Until you are prepared to listen to, and try to understand, the reasons why it isn't you will remain in ignorance.


That is simply not possible. We've seen the arguments you are trying to use before, so we already know that for a fact.


They don't make much sense, because they are based on faulty reasoning and assumptions.


Most posters here tend to resort to taunting and ridiculing only after wisdom and science have failed.


Then why are you trying to get us to accept ignorant superstition? That's a sure way to bad health and failure.
Hello. I really appreciate your attention and your arguments. If possible, tell me the ways of proving the supernatural by previous friends who have failed. I am eager to read the opinions of others in this field. Thank you.
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2021, 01:49 AM   #359
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 383
9. Cosmic smoke
For a long time, scientists thought that there was space dust in the universe, but recently they discovered that what they thought was dust was "cosmic smoke," which is similar to the smoke we know. There are huge amounts of this smoke in the cosmos, which is caused by the explosions of the beginning of creation. Experiments show that the particles of this smoke do not resemble dust particles. The formation of this smoke dates back to billions of years ago at the beginning of the creation of the world.Interestingly, the Qur'an says this about the beginning of the creation of the universe. Translation:
(Surah Fussilat, verse 11)
Translation: He then created the sky while it was in the form of smoke.
This is where we ask those who doubt the authenticity of the Qur'an: Where did Muhammad bring these sciences from fourteen hundred years ago? And who taught him?
10. Dark matter:
There is currently some competition among astronomers about the nature of dark matter. Scientific findings indicate that dark matter is matter that fills a very large percentage of the universe and that galaxies and stars are located on the side of this dark matter. Dark matter is very strong and on how
The distribution of visible matter in the universe has a direct effect.Dark matter is very strong and together with dark energy makes up more than 96% of the universe.
Dark matter is accurately described in the Qur'an, the Qur'an calls it "the sky: the sky". God says in Surah Fussilat verse 12:Translation: We adorned the lower sky with a starlight and made it a protector. This is the destiny of the wise and invincible God.
As a result, the stars adorn the sky, but we do not see the sky directly, but only the stars that adorn the sky. This sky is very strong and hard. God says:
(Surah An-Naba ', verse 12)
Translation: And above you We have built seven firm (heavens) firmly.
These heavens are the same as the seven heavens.If the Qur'an contained only these ten scientific truths, it would be enough for its truth and miracle to exist, as well as the existence of God, while the Qur'an contains hundreds of scientific facts about mountains and seas and medicine and psychology, etc., all of which testify to the truth. This is the word of God which he himself says: In Surah Fussilat verse 53. Translation: We will show them Our signs on the shores of the universe and in their souls, so that it may become clear to them that He is the Truth. Is it not enough that your Lord is Aware of all things?
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2021, 02:03 AM   #360
heydarian saeed
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 383
11. Land reduction:
The earth is constantly shrinking. Gas, heat, and energy are constantly released from the Earth's atmosphere and into space, and its volume and size are gradually reduced. It is estimated that at the beginning of its existence, the Earth had a volume approximately 2,000 times larger than its current volume. As it decreases continuously from the sun, it also decreases continuously from the earth so that the balance between gravity and repulsion between the sun and the earth remains constant.40,000 tons of space debris enters our planet every year. However, the earth becomes 50,000 tons lighter during this time. Why does the earth lose weight every year? Has the earth taken on a stubborn diet to lose weight, or has human sabotage on the earth reduced its weight? In the following, we will examine the reasons for the annual lightening of the earth.With a simple calculation we can calculate the reasons for the weight loss of the earth. Note that in this calculation, the rate of population growth and the launch of rockets and satellites into space has no effect on the total weight of the Earth. Because humans are part of the weight of the earth. On the other hand, rockets and satellites that are launched from Earth to space, return to Earth and have little effect on calculating the total weight of the Earth.In the following, you will first see the reasons for weight gain and then the weight loss of the earth.
Earth 40,000 tons of waste enters the earth annually.
Waste forms the surface material of the earth.
NASA has announced that the weight of the Earth increases by 160 tons every year due to global warming. In fact, as the earth warms, it absorbs more energy. Note that if energy is added to a system, the mass of matter in that system increases.So far, 40,000 tons of space waste and 160 tons due to global warming, which adds a total of 40,160 tons to the weight of the earth annually.
Lose weight!
The Earth's core is constantly losing energy. In fact, the Earth's core is similar to a massive nuclear reactor that uses different fuels. Loss of energy means loss of earth mass. 16 tons of earth mass is lost every year, which is insignificant compared to the masses that the earth acquires every year.Every year, 95,000 tons of hydrogen and 1,600 tons of helium are released from the earth's surface. These two materials are very light and therefore gravity can not hold them. So these materials fly into space. Thus, the earth loses 96,600 tons of weight every year.
With a simple calculation, you can see that the earth gains 40,000 tons of weight annually and loses 96,000 tons. Therefore, it loses about 50,000 tons of weight annually. In fact, the weight of the earth decreases by 0.00000000000000001% every year compared to the previous year.
Weight loss that we do not understand and scientists have recently realized, only with advanced research tools, while the Qur'an reports more than 14 centuries ago !!!
The book of the Qur'an in the seventh century AD revealed this scientific phenomenon and stated it in two verses.
In Surah Ra'd. Verse 41
Translation: Have they not seen that we [always] come and reduce from around this earth, and it is God who rules. And there is no deterrent to his judgment, and he audits quickly.
In Surah Anbiya ', verse 44
Translation: Rather, We provided them and their fathers with prosperity for a long time. Do they not see that we come and reduce the earth from its surroundings? Will they still win?
The final conclusion of the above scientific discussion: ....
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:03 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.