IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump conspiracies

Old 14th August 2021, 08:11 PM   #121
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
Face it, this entire story of voter fraud was born in Trump's mind because he couldn't bear to accept he just lost the election because he was such a bad President that voter turnout increased just so people would vote him out.
Hell, he was priming the pump months before the election. He, or some of his hangers-on, were aware that it would look pathetic and weak, even to his cult followers, if he didn't mention it until after the election. But by planting the idea of a stolen election ahead of time, Trump's loss looks like a prophecy to the True Believers. And if he'd won a second term, he could forget about it. Although it's easy to imagine him winning the election and then claiming that he actually got millions of votes more - such is his pathological insecurity.
Counterbalance in the little town of Ridgeview, Ohio. Two people permanently enslaved by the tyranny of fear and superstitution, facing the future with a kind of helpless dread. Two others facing the future with confidence - having escaped one of the darker places of the Twilight Zone.
Foster Zygote is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2021, 08:19 PM   #122
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Traveler View Post
You want to make it clear that there is no legal way to reinstate Trump now that Biden has been sworn in. Who are you trying to fool, me or yourselves. When Trump was in office the Dems went all out to try and remove him, Two impeachments, all they lacked was a real crime to accuse him of so they made one up but even that did not stand up to scrutiny.
So perhaps if you were to go through the following points, you might learn why you are wrong

A. Trump was impeached... twice;
1st time: For corruptly attempting to extort the leader of an allied country into making up pernicious lies about a political adversary.

2nd time: For inciting the January 6th riots at the Capitol.
Had it not been for spinelessness of those gutless wonders that comprise the majority of the Republicans in the Senate, he would not have been impeached a second time, because he would have been removed the first time.

B. Even if he had been removed, that did not mean that the previous president would have been reinstated. Mike Pence would have become president, not a reinstated Barack Obama!

C. Even in the theoretical case of Trump having been impeached earlier than either of these two times, for fraud and corruption related to the 2016 Election, that election would not have been overturned. Again, Mike Pence would have become president.

There... I hope you got all that. As Samuel Johnson once said... "I have found you an argument; but I am not obliged to find you an understanding."
► Evolution is "survival of the fittest" - the fittest being those who are stronger, healthier and better adapted. Covid-19 has changed that. The fittest are now the well informed, logical, science believers who listen to the experts and get vaccinated.
If you don't like my posts, opinions, or directness then put me on your ignore list. This will benefit both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste time talking to you... simples!
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2021, 08:21 PM   #123
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Foster Zygote View Post
Hell, he was priming the pump months before the election. He, or some of his hangers-on, were aware that it would look pathetic and weak, even to his cult followers, if he didn't mention it until after the election. But by planting the idea of a stolen election ahead of time, Trump's loss looks like a prophecy to the True Believers. And if he'd won a second term, he could forget about it. Although it's easy to imagine him winning the election and then claiming that he actually got millions of votes more - such is his pathological insecurity.
Which is exactly what happened, and what he did in 2016.
► Evolution is "survival of the fittest" - the fittest being those who are stronger, healthier and better adapted. Covid-19 has changed that. The fittest are now the well informed, logical, science believers who listen to the experts and get vaccinated.
If you don't like my posts, opinions, or directness then put me on your ignore list. This will benefit both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste time talking to you... simples!
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2021, 09:28 PM   #124
eerok
Quixoticist

How many of you think Trump will be reinstated before the end of this month.
Groucho Marx has a better chance of being declared president than Trump has of being reinstated. Certainly his approval rating would be more positive, though it's not clear that he'd want to be president of a country that would vote for him.
Old 15th August 2021, 03:41 AM   #125
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Originally Posted by Darat View Post
What is “u-tube”?
It's that thing what keeps the sewer stink out one's house. Perhaps The Traveler needs a plunger?
Originally Posted by P.J. Denyer View Post
I think his sources are less "YouTube" than "U-Bend"

Edit: Ninja'd by Foster Zygote
'u-tube' is as you describe: it's the place below the drain where all the crap collects.
Old 15th August 2021, 03:57 AM   #126
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
What is “u-tube”?
It's like u-haul but you get to drive yourself insane.
Jack by the hedge is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th August 2021, 04:13 AM   #127
Belz...
Fiend God

Hell, he was priming the pump months before the election.
I think he came up with that expression, in fact.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th August 2021, 04:32 AM   #128
Armitage72
Philosopher

Would it? I'm not aware of a mechanism that can invalidate an election, as I said earlier. I think impeachment would be the most likely scenario.

I left out a step or two, and impeachment would have been involved in the real world, but the point is that they seemed to think that the end result would have been John McCain becoming President. They had no idea how the government actually works.
Armitage72 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th August 2021, 05:39 AM   #129
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Well I notice how quick you all are to rip me a new one but in reality you are very hypocritical .

You want to make it clear that there is no legal way to reinstate Trump now that Biden has been sworn in. Who are you trying to fool, me or yourselves. When Trump was in office the Dems went all out to try and remove him, Two impeachments, all they lacked was a real crime to accuse him of so they made one up but even that did not stand up to scrutiny.

Biden can be removed the same way but in his case there is a real crime that has been committed. The Audits are the proof. And in the mid terms there will not be the fixing of the ballots as there was before so the Dems are going out. And as the Rineos have mostly all been identified already, they will not be returning either.
Pinos Patriots in Name only will never win, because of the obvious Racism and Hate they endorse they will be Rejected by the Majority of the American Population.
The real Question he is why would anyone vote to Support racism hate and Idiot Laws Of Physics defying Conspiracy theories from known Liars,
Who Violated the Civil Rights People were given by the Constitution of the United States?
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th August 2021, 05:52 AM   #130
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by Armitage72 View Post
It reminds me of the people after the 2008 election who seemed to believe that if President Obama were shown to not be a US citizen, then the election would be reversed and John McCain would become President, as opposed to what would actually happen - Joe Biden becoming President.
Actually, it's far from clear that that would have happened if Obama had refused to step down in such a scenario - arguably, it's the inauguration that makes you President. And flaws in the process until then might not be able to nullify the swearing-in.
And even a Supreme court decision might not be able to undo everything Obama-the-Kenian would have done up to that point.
Old 15th August 2021, 06:04 AM   #131
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
Actually, it's far from clear that that would have happened if Obama had refused to step down in such a scenario - arguably, it's the inauguration that makes you President. And flaws in the process until then might not be able to nullify the swearing-in.
And even a Supreme court decision might not be able to undo everything Obama-the-Kenian would have done up to that point.
It was never even really a Question as I told everyone back then Obama was Vetted before the Election by the Proper Officials in Hawaii, Birtherism was just a Racist insane Laws of Physics defying Conspiracy theory.
FOUR Racist were Responsible for Birtherism.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th August 2021, 06:04 AM   #132
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by Pacal View Post
Wasn't August 13 the day Trump, (Messiah, God Incarnate, the Holy one), was supposed to be reinstated?
One of them.

It's that thing what keeps the sewer stink out one's house. Perhaps The Traveler needs a plunger?
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th August 2021, 06:21 AM   #133
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by catsmate View Post
One of them.

His sewer vent is I properly Installed or the Fox Fraud News is backing up again.
Old 15th August 2021, 08:45 AM   #134
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
Arguably. IANAL, but I'm part owner of the bar nearest our university's law school and I get to talk to lawyers, law students, and law professors all the time about such things. The oath of office must be taken before the President can exercise any powers of the office, but he becomes President on noon of the appropriate day, at the expiration of his predecessor's term. Taking the oath of office is the only legal aspect of the inauguration, and the reason why it's done just before noon. The rest is just a celebration. Technically Joe Biden had to wait a few minutes after taking the oath, until noon, to actually be able to exercise the power. You can't have two Presidents at the same time, but you can have two people who have taken the oath of office. Conversely, Lyndon B. Johnson became President the instant John F. Kennedy died, but he could not exercise any powers of the office until sworn in. I'd have to concede that's a distinction without much difference.

The Congress having certified the vote of the Electoral College is the point beyond which the identity of the President-electis no longer in question. At that point, the President-elect is the only person for whom taking the oath of office would have any legally cognizable meaning. The purpose of the vote certification is to raise and resolve any questions in the vote before it becomes legally binding. Due process having been satisfied, further questions are then moot. And it is unclear that this particular action of the Congress would be reviewable by any court.

If it is discovered later that the President is or was ineligible to the office, then I believe the only means to remove him is by impeachment. I can't imagine that removal would be automatic, because evidence of his ineligibility would be subject to trial. And aside from the President's death or incapacity, the only power by which a President of sound mind and body can be removed from office is by impeachment and removal by the Congress. No court can do so. I imagine that a court can issue a declaratory judgment that the President is ineligible, but it would still require someone with the power to remove the President to act upon it.

And then, as has been copiously described, the Vice-President becomes President. The claims of any losing candidate in a prior election are extinguished when the Electoral College vote is certified.
JayUtah is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th August 2021, 09:06 AM   #135
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by JayUtah View Post
And aside from the President's death or incapacity, the only power by which a President of sound mind and body can be removed from office is by impeachment and removal by the Congress.
Now I'm wondering if the President can remove himself. If he calls a press conference and announces that he's stepping down, and then walks out the front door of the White House and never looks back, is he no longer President? Or does Congress have to certify his abdication?

Or does that fall under "incapacity"? De facto, at least?

It seems like it could be addressed by the 25th Amendment on a technicality. The Cabinet writes to Congress that the President is unable to act as such. This claim takes effect unless the President offers a written rebuttal. If the President could write a rebuttal, but chooses not to, then it seems to me that he's removed by the letter of the 25th Amendment.
Old 15th August 2021, 09:17 AM   #136
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
Now I'm wondering if the President can remove himself. If he calls a press conference and announces that he's stepping down, and then walks out the front door of the White House and never looks back, is he no longer President? Or does Congress have to certify his abdication?
Richard Nixon resigned without incident. He announced the effective time and date of his resignation, and Gerald Ford became President at that incident. Congress doesn't have to approve resignations. The premise is removing the President against his will.
JayUtah is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th August 2021, 09:33 AM   #137
Belz...
Fiend God

And then, as has been copiously described, the Vice-President becomes President. The claims of any losing candidate in a prior election are extinguished when the Electoral College vote is certified.
Of course, since the VP was elected on the same ticket, which got more electoral votes.

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th August 2021, 09:45 AM   #138
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Richard Nixon resigned without incident. He announced the effective time and date of his resignation, and Gerald Ford became President at that incident. Congress doesn't have to approve resignations. The premise is removing the President against his will.
Thanks! I had completely forgotten about Nixon's resignation.
Old 15th August 2021, 10:41 AM   #139
Hans
Philosopher

Wasn't there also a signed resignation?

If some president gets mad makes statements about resigning or walks off. Would that trigger succession to occur? Who would decide?

Last edited by Hans; 15th August 2021 at 10:46 AM.
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th August 2021, 10:47 AM   #140
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Hans View Post
Wasn't there also a signed resignation?

If some president gets mad makes statements about resigning or walks off. Would that trigger succession to occur? Who would decide?
Yes, the President's resignation must be in writing to the Secretary of State in order to have effect.

Last edited by JayUtah; 15th August 2021 at 10:49 AM.
Old 15th August 2021, 10:50 AM   #141
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Well I notice how quick you all are to rip me a new one but in reality you are very hypocritical .

Biden can be removed the same way but in his case there is a real crime that has been committed. The Audits are the proof. And in the mid terms there will not be the fixing of the ballots as there was before so the Dems are going out. And as the Rineos have mostly all been identified already, they will not be returning either.
My good man, you have not addressed how your sources of journalistic integrity are reporting that Barr, Rice, and apparently Sec Clinton have been executed by the military.

Care to reevaluate the quality of your media? Maybe acknowledge that you were willingly pushing transparent lies that a child could have fact checked?

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect -Mark Twain
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th August 2021, 01:41 PM   #142
trustbutverify
Philosopher

How could impeaching Biden result in Trump being re-seated?
trustbutverify is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th August 2021, 01:54 PM   #143
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by trustbutverify View Post
How could impeaching Biden result in Trump being re-seated?
Don't worry about that. All they need is to show that one county has one bamboo ballot and SCOTUS will order Trump be reinstated, and his number of terms reset to zero because the Demonrats wasted it last time. Easy peasy.

Old 15th August 2021, 09:50 PM   #144
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Don't worry about that. All they need is to show that one county has one bamboo ballot and SCOTUS will order Trump be reinstated, and his number of terms reset to zero because the Demonrats wasted it last time. Easy peasy.
It really does seem to be the mentality this is all a "grown-ups" version of Dungeons-And-Dragons, where the SCOTUS is the Dungeonmaster and has complete and whimsical control of the game and rules.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th August 2021, 02:27 AM   #145
P.J. Denyer
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
It really does seem to be the mentality this is all a "grown-ups" version of Dungeons-And-Dragons, where the SCOTUS is the Dungeonmaster and has complete and whimsical control of the game and rules.
Not so sure about the highlighted, too much infantile wish fulfilment involved.

"Nebulous means Nebulous" - Adam Hills
P.J. Denyer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th August 2021, 07:01 AM   #146
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by P.J. Denyer View Post
Not so sure about the highlighted, too much infantile wish fulfilment involved.
True. And someone mistook their Magic 8-Ball for an icosahedron, got the result "It is most certain", and thought that was proof enough Trump won!
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th August 2021, 07:06 AM   #147
Belz...
Fiend God

Oh, they are definitely LARPing.

Old 16th August 2021, 07:13 AM   #148
SteveAitch
Critical Thinker

Maybe it was a rejected script for the Marvel What If tv series?

Some people call me 'strange'. I prefer 'unconventional'. But I'm willing to compromise and accept 'eccentric'...
SteveAitch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th August 2021, 07:16 AM   #149
catsmate
No longer the 1

Oh, they are definitely LARPing.
On behalf of gamers I object to this characterisation. RPGers and LARPers are generally far more intelligent, decent and coincident with reality than these idiots.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th August 2021, 07:23 AM   #150
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by catsmate View Post
On behalf of gamers I object to this characterisation. RPGers and LARPers are generally far more intelligent, decent and coincident with reality than these idiots.
Generally, but there's no barrier to entry now that they've streamlined the rule systems.

Old 16th August 2021, 07:47 AM   #151
Leftus
Master Poster

That still doesn't get Trump into the WH. It gets Pelosi in. Trump would have to get elected Speaker of the house, then you could impeach both the President and VP. That would do it. Since I don't seen the former happening, the latter remains impossible.

Even if there were iron-clad evidence the elections were rigged, and Biden / Harris played a role, the mechanisms are still impeachment. And line of succession remains the same.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th August 2021, 07:54 AM   #152
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

It just occurred to.me how much this ballot recount thing is like Birtherism. There is no actual issue, so they make one up to make it seem like there is some kind of shenanigans afoot.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect -Mark Twain
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th August 2021, 08:11 AM   #153
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
It just occurred to.me how much this ballot recount thing is like Birtherism. There is no actual issue, so they make one up to make it seem like there is some kind of shenanigans afoot.
I don't think the recount is about racism, though. Or maybe it is, but more indirectly.

Old 16th August 2021, 08:16 AM   #154
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

I don't think the recount is about racism, though. Or maybe it is, but more indirectly.
Not racism, but just the willingness to publically tilt at windmills with a straight face. Birtherism never had the slightest evidence of being reality based; nor does this Chinese fake ballot silliness. It's like they are advertising that they are the Reality Optional party.

Old 16th August 2021, 09:50 AM   #155
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Pretty damned sure there's more than a coincidental overlap between the votes that the Trumpistas want thrown out and the votes that come from people with darker skin, personally.

Dave

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th August 2021, 10:46 AM   #156
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
Pretty damned sure there's more than a coincidental overlap between the votes that the Trumpistas want thrown out and the votes that come from people with darker skin, personally.

Dave
Maybe the very fact that most minority voters went democratic is a root cause of this CT.

Old 16th August 2021, 11:29 AM   #157
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Maybe the very fact that most minority voters went democratic is a root cause of this CT.
The Election Fraudism is Just Gas Lighting to hide why Trump lost Maricopa County Arizona, because he Pardon Joe Arapio,, the Birther who Racially profiled and Harrassed Native Americans in Maricopa County.
Old 16th August 2021, 11:31 AM   #158
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post

Dave
Since Both Birtherism and Elecfion Fraudism violated the Laws of Physics, Maybe your on to something Dave.
The only difference between Birtherism and Election Fraudism is Birtherism didn't kill Ashlli Babbitt.
Old 16th August 2021, 11:36 AM   #159
Steve
Philosopher

I do believe we have an answer to the op’s “how many” question. The answer is 0.
Old 16th August 2021, 11:40 AM   #160
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I do believe we have an answer to the op’s “how many” question. The answer is 0.
Now, now, they did find some. That republican guy who tried to use his dead mothers and MIL's ballots to cast additional Trump votes, and some others.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories