IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump conspiracies

Old 29th August 2021, 02:30 PM   #201
Leftus
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
It could happen, but only if theyíre all played by Alec Guinness.
The hardest part would be getting into the executive branch. I've already turned down opportunities getting into senior leadership. I'm comfortable in my faceless nameless bureaucratic role. Just some jackass making meaningless decisions, questioning decisions made by those above me. It's not the action packed role I make it out to be. My point was that I, a nameless faceless totally unheard of bureaucrat has a cleaner (body count ignored) path to the presidency than Trump.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2021, 01:21 AM   #202
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
As for Afghanistan, when people come to realise it wasn't the mess that the Republicans and media are trying to make it and in fact, Biden and his team got tens of thousands of people out of what could very easily have turned into a blood bath if certain others had been involved, I don't think it's going to help the right at all. Heck, I'd love to see an inquiry just to remind everyone that the reason that the whole thing went to pieces was Trump's deal with the Taliban and that people like Steven Miller were trying to block the evacuation of any US Allies at all.
You're assuming that facts matter. That may not be a valid assumption.

Dave

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2021, 07:03 AM   #203
Armitage72
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Leftus View Post
Right now, there are 7 layers of management between me and the IRS commishioner. If we operate under the assumption that you take the job of your manager when they leave, I'm right there. From there Yellen has to go. Then it's a pair of Speakers, Sec of State and a VP and P and can you say President Leftus. Don't worry if you can't we will have re-education camps to the point people will call me the education President.

That's my path to the Presidency. With the exception of the bloodbath, it's totally legit. Trump path is even more delusional in that he doesn't have one.

The above path is not really a path, but what would have to actually happen to my mid-upperish level civil servant ass to become the leader of the free world.

There was an episode of "Z Nation" in which a recurring (con artist) character claimed to have been a minor government functionary with several hundred people in the line of succession between him and the Presidency. Since it was the zombie apocalypse, all of the others were dead, and he argued that he should be the leader of any attempt to rebuild America.
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2021, 07:11 AM   #204
Leftus
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Armitage72 View Post
There was an episode of "Z Nation" in which a recurring (con artist) character claimed to have been a minor government functionary with several hundred people in the line of succession between him and the Presidency. Since it was the zombie apocalypse, all of the others were dead, and he argued that he should be the leader of any attempt to rebuild America.
I was nowhere near Mt. Weather.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2021, 11:23 PM   #205
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

One could argue that it is already a blood bath. It could have been worse is not a valid defense. Abandoning actual military hardware is not a sign of a planned military exit. Even in unplanned abandoning exits, we always had plan on at the very least disabling our equipment. Well, it involved some C4, perhaps a claymore or two. Granted I'm sitting a few thousand miles away but I'm sitting here thinking "we couldn't blow all that **** up?"
While it hasn't been officially stated, it seems that the hardware was left for the Afghan Military, the trouble is that they folded like a pack of cards and it ended up in the hands of the Taliban. That part really wasn't entirely Biden's fault, he didn't realise that previous presidents had built the Aghan Military on a bedrock of American contractors, and as soon as they pulled out, there was no support system in place and it crumbled. If the US had bothered to build an Afghanistan that could stand on its own feet instead of a nation that could survive only with American support, then things would have gone a lot different, but of course, had they done that Cheney and his big military contractor mates wouldn't have been able to steal billions out of the US Taxpayer's coffers.

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

Last edited by PhantomWolf; 30th August 2021 at 11:25 PM.
PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2021, 11:29 PM   #206
Susheel
Master Poster

While it hasn't been officially stated, it seems that the hardware was left for the Afghan Military, the trouble is that they folded like a pack of cards and it ended up in the hands of the Taliban. .
And the Afghan government was perfectly content to let it stay that way, getting fat off the aid money coming in. From what I have read over the years of the Afghan government, they had little contact with the Afghan people and little if no policies to actually govern.
Old 31st August 2021, 08:14 AM   #207
Leftus
Master Poster

While it hasn't been officially stated, it seems that the hardware was left for the Afghan Military, the trouble is that they folded like a pack of cards and it ended up in the hands of the Taliban. That part really wasn't entirely Biden's fault, he didn't realise that previous presidents had built the Aghan Military on a bedrock of American contractors, and as soon as they pulled out, there was no support system in place and it crumbled. If the US had bothered to build an Afghanistan that could stand on its own feet instead of a nation that could survive only with American support, then things would have gone a lot different, but of course, had they done that Cheney and his big military contractor mates wouldn't have been able to steal billions out of the US Taxpayer's coffers.
Not that we would ever get the answer to this, but did they strip out some of the communications gear out of the planes? Losing the C-17 isn't going to do any damage, but the decryption gear, or even something as basic as the IFF (Identify Friend or Foe) might. The amount of small arms while impressive, probably won't make that big a difference. Weapons aren't exactly rare over there. Getting shot by an M16 rather than an AK 47 isn't much of a game changer.
Old 31st August 2021, 08:43 AM   #208
SteveAitch
Critical Thinker

There's an illustrated list in today's i of what was left behind.

Seem to be a lot of aircraft and Hummers. Assuming there isn't a lot of fuel in the country for them, they aren't going to be much use. And I would assume most of the trained pilots will have been executed for co-operating with the Americans. Plus, from what I've read, the Hummers need major maintenance on a regular basis. As will the aircraft?

I suppose they could make money by selling them to neighbouring countries?

Some people call me 'strange'. I prefer 'unconventional'. But I'm willing to compromise and accept 'eccentric'...
SteveAitch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2021, 09:12 AM   #209
8enotto
Master Poster

Anything left behind needed more work than it's worth to be fully functional.

Rest assured they will scavenge and adapt parts to get some of it back in service.

But within five years just parts shortages will have killed it all.

Before the action against Lybia in the 90's us intelligence had determined that 30% of the Egyptian air Force including US aircraft were actually usable. A factor worth knowing as they were a possible ally to Lybia once the sparks flew.

It seems spare parts became unavailable shortly before any action also.
As former military I have seen the utter junk left behind when anything is abandoned.

Nothing works well enough to be fired up and used against the evacuation efforts.
8enotto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2021, 09:24 AM   #210
Leftus
Master Poster

Originally Posted by SteveAitch View Post
There's an illustrated list in today's i of what was left behind.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...e4e1438fcf.jpg

Seem to be a lot of aircraft and Hummers. Assuming there isn't a lot of fuel in the country for them, they aren't going to be much use. And I would assume most of the trained pilots will have been executed for co-operating with the Americans. Plus, from what I've read, the Hummers need major maintenance on a regular basis. As will the aircraft?

I suppose they could make money by selling them to neighbouring countries?
It's not about the macro, but the micro. They didn't just get access to the planes, but all of the communications gear in the back. Comm gear takes up the back of most Hummers. Did they disable / destroy any of that? Do we want that sold to the Chinese, Russians or even the Saudis? It's not them needing a steady supply of GM parts. They have been keeping 1970's and 80's trucks on the "roads" for a good while. I'm sure they can keep the Hummers running, in some state, for a good long while. It's not a point of concern. Even if we left the Hummers and C-130's with flat tires, that is not where future problems come from.

What could a terrorist do with an airplane that has permission to be in restricted airspace? If they have an IFF, they can pretend to be almost anyone. By the time anyone notices, it's too late. A radar tells you something is in the air. The IFF tells you who and what it is.
Old 31st August 2021, 10:13 AM   #211
Steve
Philosopher

It's not about the macro, but the micro. They didn't just get access to the planes, but all of the communications gear in the back. Comm gear takes up the back of most Hummers. Did they disable / destroy any of that? Do we want that sold to the Chinese, Russians or even the Saudis? It's not them needing a steady supply of GM parts. They have been keeping 1970's and 80's trucks on the "roads" for a good while. I'm sure they can keep the Hummers running, in some state, for a good long while. It's not a point of concern. Even if we left the Hummers and C-130's with flat tires, that is not where future problems come from.

What could a terrorist do with an airplane that has permission to be in restricted airspace? If they have an IFF, they can pretend to be almost anyone. By the time anyone notices, it's too late. A radar tells you something is in the air. The IFF tells you who and what it is.
I am in no way a fan of the US military. But even I have to say they are, collectively, in no way the simple imbeciles that you are trying to make them out to be.
Old 31st August 2021, 10:22 AM   #212
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
So is this possible

Military com gear in use today is not functional without the proper code book and crypto load. Modern radios use a frequency hopping encryption thatís very secure. Iím not really worried on that aspect; weíve lost com gear before and crypto loads can be updated net wide fairly easily and quickly.

On IFFs, Iím no expert, but those are not easy to reprogram and are specific to the vehicle. Again, a fairly simple matter to update the database with the lost codes to mark them as not friendly.

In addition, almost all sensitive electronics in the military can easily have their crypto wiped, and I expect that was done before leaving (itís a matter if a switch and a few buttons, and is SOP when leaving equipment behind).

Some can even be remotely wiped.

While I canít give any certainty, I would be surprised if any of this was left in a condition that would allow any real issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 31st August 2021, 10:31 AM   #213
Disbelief
Master Poster

They couldn't utilize the IFF, they wouldn't have the proper codes. That was one of the systems in my career field on C-130s.

Quote me where I said conspiracists use evidence. - mchapman
Disbelief is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2021, 11:01 AM   #214
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
Originally Posted by Disbelief View Post
They couldn't utilize the IFF, they wouldn't have the proper codes. That was one of the systems in my career field on C-130s.

My assumption is that they need a crypto load just like the radios (ANCD, etc). Would that be correct? Asking for my own curiosity

Old 31st August 2021, 11:18 AM   #215
Disbelief
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post
My assumption is that they need a crypto load just like the radios (ANCD, etc). Would that be correct? Asking for my own curiosity

Yep, and codes are changed daily.

Quote me where I said conspiracists use evidence. - mchapman
Disbelief is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2021, 12:02 PM   #216
8enotto
Master Poster

Cuba is running on old cars of all types rebuilt so many times nothing is original.
Most have a Russian power plant no matter what they came with.
The middle east has been rebuilding, repowering, or regunning nearly everything the US, Russia, China or South Africa ever made.

They found nearly operational FT17 tanks in Iraq, Lee/Grant tanks exist in S. American nations not too long retired from active service.

Of course any vehicles that can be saved will be. And they aren't the international threat.

I didn't ever see the comm stuff in service, wasn't supposed to ever see it. But I do know that when equipment is left behind it is stripped of nearly everything sensitive automatically. They didn't even allow it to be left back then. If that wasn't possible it was utterly destroyed.

It doesn't mean nothing was captured or lost intact but severely reduced the chances of that.

Leaving behind a CE unit bulldozer or road grader was not considered any threat. My unit left some behind somewhere and just got new stuff upon returning. Beats fixing old crap I guess.
8enotto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2021, 03:23 PM   #217
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I am in no way a fan of the US military. But even I have to say they are, collectively, in no way the simple imbeciles that you are trying to make them out to be.
Pretty sure the US has a robust IFF system for it;s aircraft, and it will be adapted so any aircraft captured by the Taliban can't use it.
I was beat to the punch on this.
The Afghans will be able to parade around in US camis, drive around in Humvees, probably stage a big parade of captured equipment on the upcoming 9/11 anniversary;but with a year most of it will be immobile because of the parts situation.

Robert Heinlein.

Last edited by dudalb; 31st August 2021 at 03:26 PM.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2021, 03:28 PM   #218
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by 8enotto View Post
Cuba is running on old cars of all types rebuilt so many times nothing is original.
Most have a Russian power plant no matter what they came with.
The middle east has been rebuilding, repowering, or regunning nearly everything the US, Russia, China or South Africa ever made.

They found nearly operational FT17 tanks in Iraq, Lee/Grant tanks exist in S. American nations not too long retired from active service.

Of course any vehicles that can be saved will be. And they aren't the international threat.

I didn't ever see the comm stuff in service, wasn't supposed to ever see it. But I do know that when equipment is left behind it is stripped of nearly everything sensitive automatically. They didn't even allow it to be left back then. If that wasn't possible it was utterly destroyed.

It doesn't mean nothing was captured or lost intact but severely reduced the chances of that.

Leaving behind a CE unit bulldozer or road grader was not considered any threat. My unit left some behind somewhere and just got new stuff upon returning. Beats fixing old crap I guess.
All time champion for that is the Israelis, during the 1948 war, used two muzzle loading cannon left behind by Napoleon in his abortive march on India in 1798. They actully took them from a museum in Haifa....

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st September 2021, 12:12 AM   #219
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Toto, I don't think we're in August any more.

Is Trump President yet?

Is anyone going to admit they were wrong?

Dave

Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st September 2021, 12:18 AM   #220
Susheel
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post

Is Trump President yet?

Dave
Well the Pillow guy announced that it will happen later this year.

New Trump Reinstatement Schedule
Old 1st September 2021, 02:12 AM   #221
P.J. Denyer
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Susheel View Post

Tomorrow!
Tomorrow!
Trump's President
Tomorrow
He's always a daaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!! !!!!!!

"Nebulous means Nebulous" - Adam Hills
P.J. Denyer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st September 2021, 02:39 AM   #222
Firestone
Proud Award Award recipient

Originally Posted by JayUtah View Post
He's far more likely to be indicted than "reinstated" as President.
That hasn't happened either.
Old 1st September 2021, 07:12 AM   #223
Leftus
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
That is not what I'm implying at all. They may not have had the time to cripple said equipment. Not sure where you got the "simple imbeciles" from, but I have served and have seen some things that defy explanation. And there are times where the command structure aren't fully informed and you get conflicting instructions.
Old 1st September 2021, 07:27 AM   #224
kali1137
Graduate Poster

Considering the date, can we get the OP to admit that it isn't and never was possible?? I predict a reset like pillow guy.
kali1137 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st September 2021, 07:40 AM   #225
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by kali1137 View Post
Considering the date, can we get the OP to admit that it isn't and never was possible?? I predict a reset like pillow guy.
Yeah, sure. We'll just wait for the OP to come back and admit he was wrong.

I mean he's bound to, right?
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st September 2021, 08:05 AM   #226
8enotto
Master Poster

That is not what I'm implying at all. They may not have had the time to cripple said equipment. Not sure where you got the "simple imbeciles" from, but I have served and have seen some things that defy explanation. And there are times where the command structure aren't fully informed and you get conflicting instructions.
According to the news and a video I seen they most definitely took the time to make sure the airplanes were only worth aluminium weight. One had a hole blown in the side of it.
I do not know how long it had been grounded for the damage. It could have been years.
Old 1st September 2021, 08:23 AM   #227
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Susheel View Post

I'm beginning to wonder if it's just his way of selling pillows. The url for his company seems to appear in every message I've seen from him.
Old 1st September 2021, 10:35 AM   #228
Leftus
Master Poster

Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
Yeah, sure. We'll just wait for the OP to come back and admit he was wrong.

I mean he's bound to, right?
His only plan is to come bank and dunk on us when Trump in reinstated. How and why is not his real concern.
Old 3rd September 2021, 04:42 PM   #229
The Traveler
Thinker

Is Trump President yet?

Dave
No he is not,

Would seem the curse imposed on the nation by the progressives will continue to its total destruction.
The Traveler is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2021, 04:47 PM   #230
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Originally Posted by The Traveler View Post
No he is not,
Ha-Ha!

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2021, 05:08 PM   #231
gabeygoat
Graduate Poster

No he is not,

Would seem the curse imposed on the nation by the progressives will continue to its total destruction.
If, by "curse", you mean Democracy
Old 3rd September 2021, 05:11 PM   #232
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

No he is not,

Honestly, I didn't expect to see you again. You deserve some credit for admitting that your expectation did not come to pass.

Though, of course, you lose some good will by making another silly prediction. You'll let us know when total destruction has been achieved, will you?
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2021, 05:40 PM   #233
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

How many of you think Trump will be reinstated before the end of this month.
There are idiots who think he will?
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th September 2021, 01:46 AM   #234
Dave Rogers

No he is not,

Most Europeans, by the way, find it quite amusing when a centre-right party like the US Democratic Party gets referred to as 'progressive,' or even, hilariously, 'socialist'.

Dave

Old 4th September 2021, 01:57 AM   #235
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

No he is not,

No, we saved ourselves from a stupid, filthy Russian whore and the treasonous scum who supported the ****. I mean seriously, look at what goes to the Russian whore's rallies. They barely qualify as human let alone as Americans.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th September 2021, 01:59 AM   #236
Susheel
Master Poster

No he is not,

OOoh...stamp your feet. That will maybe make your statement more forceful.
Old 4th September 2021, 02:33 AM   #237
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
No he is not,

Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
Honestly, I didn't expect to see you again. You deserve some credit for admitting that your expectation did not come to pass.

Though, of course, you lose some good will by making another silly prediction. You'll let us know when total destruction has been achieved, will you?
Interesting prediction, and one that needs some qualification.
The Traveler, how are you going to define 'total destruction'? Do you mean that the United States will cease to exist as a country? Or that everyone in the US will die? Or that the infrastructure will be destroyed? Or that the entire continent will sink into the sea like a modern-day Atlantis? What does 'total destruction' mean in your eyes?
So this, plus a date by which this will have happened is needed, I think.
Old 4th September 2021, 02:48 AM   #238
Carrot Flower King
Graduate Poster

Most Europeans, by the way, find it quite amusing when a centre-right party like the US Democratic Party gets referred to as 'progressive,' or even, hilariously, 'socialist'.

Dave
Quite: the Democrats might qualify as One Nation stylee Tories on a good day, but not really as even Blairite Labour.
Carrot Flower King is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th September 2021, 03:16 AM   #239
Dave Rogers

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
The Traveler, how are you going to define 'total destruction'? Do you mean that the United States will cease to exist as a country? Or that everyone in the US will die? Or that the infrastructure will be destroyed? Or that the entire continent will sink into the sea like a modern-day Atlantis? What does 'total destruction' mean in your eyes?
I have a suggestion here. The USA, it seems to me, likes to define itself not by geography or by ethnicity, but by ideology; it sees itself as the land of the free, ruled by a democratically elected government and subject to the rule of law passed by a consensus of the majority. A good definition of 'total destruction' would, therefore, be the successful dismantling of the institutions that safeguard that democracy, and the overthrow of that form of government by some party or group having only a minority of support and no legal claim to power under the currently existing structures. Now if only I could think of someone who'd recently tried to do that...

Dave

Old 7th September 2021, 06:59 AM   #240
Leftus
Master Poster

No he is not,
Would you care to expand on why not if his plan was so good?

Quote:
If Trump is less powerful than the progressives, why do you want him back? If he can't crush something as piss-weak as a curse, I think it's time you get behind the Make Leftus President Plan. At least it's constitutional!

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories