IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 9/11 conspiracy theories , ae911truth , richard gage , roland angle

Old 11th September 2021, 04:10 AM   #1
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Richard Gage no longer President and CEO of AE911Truth

It appears Richard Gage is no longer President and CEO of AE. I got tipped off by this content, which AE linked to from their Facebook page 14 hours ago:

https://wabcradio.com/episode/roland...ERHFi_v8bWJfRU
"Roland Angle, the acting CEO and President of Architects & Engineers for 9/11 Truth..."

On ae's Who we are page, Angle appears as first Board member, Gage last and only as "Founder": https://www.ae911truth.org/who-we-are
Old 11th September 2021, 06:17 AM   #2
Myriad
The Clarity Is Devastating

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
It appears Richard Gage is no longer President and CEO of AE. I got tipped off by this content, which AE linked to from their Facebook page 14 hours ago:

"Roland Angle, the acting CEO and President of Architects & Engineers for 9/11 Truth..."

On ae's Who we are page, Angle appears as first Board member, Gage last and only as "Founder": https://www.ae911truth.org/who-we-are

It's the end of an error, and the start of a new one.
Old 11th September 2021, 11:15 AM   #3
Venom
Philosopher

I think I saw that in the Facebook group around a week ago actually.

Originally Posted by Myriad View Post
It's the end of an error, and the start of a new one.
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2021, 11:34 AM   #4
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Venom View Post
I think I saw that in the Facebook group around a week ago actually.

In which Facebook group? AE911T has a FB page, not a group, as far as I am aware of, and scrolling 2 months back, I find no post about a change of leadership.
https://www.facebook.com/ae911truth/
Old 11th September 2021, 12:43 PM   #5
Venom
Philosopher

In which Facebook group? AE911T has a FB page, not a group, as far as I am aware of, and scrolling 2 months back, I find no post about a change of leadership.
https://www.facebook.com/ae911truth/
Jimmy Q's. I remember a post saying that Gage had resigned about a week or more ago and I checked here didn't see anything about it 'til now.
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2021, 02:42 PM   #6
ozeco41
Philosopher

Jimmy Q's. I remember a post saying that Gage had resigned about a week or more ago and I checked here didn't see anything about it 'til now.
I wouldn't take either of Jimmy's groups FB pages as authoritative.

I asked the question "Did he jump or was he pushed?" on a couple of FBook group pages the day it was announced. Or rather the day I first became aware of the anouncement. So far I've seen nothing to confirm either way.
ozeco41 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2021, 03:13 PM   #7
Venom
Philosopher

Wonder how much he made in the later years. Surely not more than his comfy 70k at his peak?

Good riddance but I fear his organization's done too much damage to clean up.
Old 11th September 2021, 03:48 PM   #8
ozeco41
Philosopher

Wonder how much he made in the later years. Surely not more than his comfy 70k at his peak?
I don't think money was his primary goal. Provided he was "comfy". I'm sure that his primary motivation and rewards was ego driven - the adulation of his adoring fans plus insulation from dissent at most presentations.

But on the $$$ side don't overlook that much of the accommodation and related support would have been free when attending functions. "Perks of office."

Good riddance but I fear his organization's done too much damage to clean up.
Yes. By keeping the strategic focus on CD at WTC - a long term loser - it has deflected debate away from the issues in the political arena. Away from what were arguably the real issues of concern. A cynic could suggest that AE911 has probably served the politicians well. US party politics aside most politicians would prefer to not have their performance under the microscope. So, arguably, AE911 has been the most effective Government Shill. The worst enemy of the genuine goals of the Truth Movement. .
ozeco41 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th September 2021, 01:20 AM   #9
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Hmm k... I barely scan all the new posts there. Must have missed it.

@ozeco41 could you find that "announcement" you meantioned? Who did the announcing? What was their source?

ETA: Ah - I think I "found" it - or a ghost of it: Seems that Adam Fitzgerald announced it on Facebook in Jimmy Q's 9/11 Debate - Debunkers vs Truthers about a week ago. Jimmy shared it in his other group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/911c...6429632784053/
Problem is, Adam has blocked me, and so I can't see that content!

Last edited by Oystein; 12th September 2021 at 01:32 AM. Reason: ETA
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th September 2021, 02:37 AM   #10
ozeco41
Philosopher

@ozeco41 could you find that "announcement" you meantioned? Who did the announcing? What was their source?
Post seen and discussed on the other medium.
Old 12th September 2021, 05:15 PM   #11
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger

Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).

How old is Gage now?

I doubt he's resigned due to a change of mind, but rather just due to age.

Or, internal schism and he was ousted.
Orphia Nay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2021, 02:35 AM   #12
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Orphia Nay View Post
How old is Gage now?

I doubt he's resigned due to a change of mind, but rather just due to age.
I never knew this with any precision, but we can estimate: His petition signature says "I've been a practicing Architect for 20 years". Assuming this was written in 2007, when the Petition was started, and guessing that an architect starts practicing not long after turning 25, then he would have been 45 or just past that 14 years ago, and about 60 now.

Or, internal schism and he was ousted.
AE is so much identified with Gage, and vice versa, I am sure an orderly retirement would have been planned and announced and celebrated and come with at least a modicum of Thank You notes. But no - total silence.

Would an ego-hungry man like Gage not step down after the 20th anniversary?

I think there has been hard infighting, perhaps Gage has grown tired, he's allowed the more radical (no-plane!) clique of Kelly David, Andy Steele and Craig McKee dominate the messaging. Not sure where Ted Walters stands. The elderly Angle is probably just a well-meaning fool they use as cover for now. I don't think he'll be made CEO and President in earnest, he is only "acting" for now. I think he lacks the charisma and the vision.

The problem for the rebels is of course that there is not a single qualified engineer among them.
Old 13th September 2021, 02:42 AM   #13
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Salaries of Gage, rounded to nearest k:
2019 - 87k
2018 - 67k
2017 - 63k
2016 - n/a (an error in reporting; total salaries for all paid persons was similar to 2015)
2015 - 85k
2014 - 71k
2013 - 85k
2012 - 85k
2011 - 85k
2010 - 81k
2009 - 75k
2008 - 0
2007 - 0

Your 70k would stand for a bad year.
Old 13th September 2021, 03:24 AM   #14
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Sorry, but...

...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2021, 05:41 AM   #15
JSanderO
Illuminator

I actually heard some of this broadcast but missed that Gage was gone from AE911T. Morano has had other truther content on his show and I wrote him an email suggesting the are several engineers... not NIST who totally debunk CD and AE911T... I mentioned a few websites he should look at... But got no reply and don't expect one.

So many people choose to be willfully ignorant and will accept what some one with credentials says uncritically... AE's typical "appeal to authority". The "professionals" on the truther side are wrong, their ideas have been debunked... and many are pretty cluesless about the evidence, the engineering. science and the structure of the WTC buildings. This includes, Gage, Angle, McCoy, Ryan, Szamboti and all the usual CD promoters. All of them should know they are wrong... and have been debunked... so they are being deceitful.. willfully. Gage was a narcissistic grifter.
The anti vax thing has raised the specter of science denial... AE911T was at the forefront of science denial.
Old 13th September 2021, 08:47 AM   #16
bknight
Master Poster

Salaries of Gage, rounded to nearest k:
2019 - 87k
2018 - 67k
2017 - 63k
2016 - n/a (an error in reporting; total salaries for all paid persons was similar to 2015)
2015 - 85k
2014 - 71k
2013 - 85k
2012 - 85k
2011 - 85k
2010 - 81k
2009 - 75k
2008 - 0
2007 - 0

Your 70k would stand for a bad year.
Poor guy barely "scraped" by in this list. I feel sorry for him.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2021, 09:32 AM   #17
Gamolon
Master Poster

A snapshot taken on Sept 8th by the WayBackMachine shows Richard on the Board of Directors, but as you've stated, is not listed there any longer.
Gamolon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2021, 02:23 PM   #18
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Gamolon View Post
A snapshot taken on Sept 8th by the WayBackMachine shows Richard on the Board of Directors, but as you've stated, is not listed there any longer.
Oh he is still listed on the Board of Directors on this page: https://www.ae911truth.org/who-we-are
But you have to use the arrow-buttons to find him on page 3.
WayBackMachine has the same situation on September 8.

However, on August 28, he is listed first, as "Founder & President" and not merely as "Founder" as he is now.

I just notice that there was one more Board member on August 28 who is now removed: Marshall Casey Pfeiffer, "S.E., P.E." (licensed structural engineer).
Old 13th September 2021, 08:26 PM   #19
Orphia Nay
Tagger

Gage doesn't own the www.richardgage.com domain name - it's up for grabs at $3,399.
Orphia Nay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2021, 01:38 AM   #20
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Richard Gage has written an explanation a day ago, on his new, personal activism website:

Why I am Going Independent…

Excerpts:

Originally Posted by Richard Gage
Earlier this month AE911Truth issued a press release and e-mail to A&E Members that included this Statement:
Quote:
“…Richard Gage, organization founder, will no longer serve as the organization’s CEO.”
As you can imagine, this has raised many questions, which I decided to wait until after the 20th Anniversary to address, in order not to distract from all of the important 9/11 Truth Movement events and activities. ...

As you probably know by now we had been working with Spike Lee for months on what was one of the greatest opportunities the 9/11 Truth Movement had ever had ... That 30-minute segment ... unfortunately was not broadcast. This action by Spike surely was at least in part due to enormous pressure from the Powers That Be, but my off-topic comments quoted in Slate Magazine’s August 24th article, which they had to have made a major effort to find, was most likely a significant contributing factor.

Spike may well have been upset to see my comments quoted in the article, which was on his interview with the magazine, as the first two segments of his mini-series “Epicenter” focused on the devastation, particularly by Covid-19 in NYC, in which he makes clear that he agrees with the official narrative on that subject.

... Any opinions that I hold about Covid-19 issues or any other off-mission topic based on research that I do on my own time have absolutely no place in any interview I give on behalf of AE911Truth.

Our board met and deliberated for hours in what was a very difficult debate for us all. In the end the majority felt that the PR problem regarding my off-mission comments could continue to undermine future efforts to break into mainstream media and made the very tough decision to ask for my resignation as CEO. The resulting board resolution effectively removed me as CEO along with my employment with AE911Truth.
So the short is that Gage says Lee pulled the 30 minutes because Gage is a freaking Covid Conspiracy Theorist, and for the same reason - or actually for having spoken about those beliefs publicly, the AE Board ousted him.

So Gage now has his own site, richardgage911.org, which is about his fight for 9/11 Truth.

I wonder if he also has a site richardgageCovid.org or something like it ^^

Last edited by Oystein; 14th September 2021 at 01:41 AM.
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2021, 03:48 AM   #21
JSanderO
Illuminator

I think Gage's covid beliefs underscore a fundamental pillar (to use his word) for people who believe in conspiracy theories. If the authorities say it... if it is a mainstream media "meme" it is obviously false and part of an concerted effort to hide the truth from the public.

So why / how did this way of relating to the world begin? How do we account for the distrust these conspiracy promoters have?

My sense is it is faulty logic and reasoning. It's common knowledge that we don't live in a world of information transparency. Corps hold trade secrets. Governments holds intel secrets. Withholding gives an advantage to those who withhold. And then of course everyone by now knows that advertising is deceptive. It's not simply information to inform buying decisions. The commercial world is web of deception. Buyer beware. Next we have public relations. PR is a profession and it's business is about managing the public's perception. Pols "spin" PR and spin is not about getting information to the public, but about getting them to BELIEVE something.

Gage and his 911Truth people simply do not believe anything "official".... because everything "official" is deceptive. And it's meant to not only no reveal truth and information.... but to conceal and hide the truth. These deceptions are made to benefit someone or some group.

So when 9/11 happened there were attempts of gov and the media to make sense of the event. The explanations turned out to be less than perfect. But was the intent to conceal something? Truthers latched on the the "false flag" idea. The public is fed something as a sort of bait and switch. So no... it wasn't really crazy radical suicide bombers from AQ... THAT was the cover story. It was really some cabal of the deep state or some such powerful group with some agenda which may have been a lucrative war... an excuse to get at oil in the ME or some other economic or political goal.

Covid? A plot to implant chips and control people... or some other hair brained reason. As crazy as these conspiracies are... they DO have a logical structure. But of course they are garbage in garbage out. Covid conspiracies make sense because it is something with a large government response... and seems to make the public do something / think something.

Lately the cry has been the state against the "free will/rights" of the individual (libertarianism). Essentially... anything institutional is a lie... and it's about controlling the people.

++++

I am not surprised that Gage is a covid conspiracy nut based on the above. But it is strange that there are those in the truth movement that see covid conspiracy as a bridge too far but that 911 conspiracies.... no no... they are rational and scientific based.

Ya gotta laugh. Still waiting for proof of CD...

Last edited by JSanderO; 14th September 2021 at 04:31 AM.
JSanderO is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2021, 04:40 AM   #22
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
Conspiracy theories. Bet you can't have just one.
Old 14th September 2021, 04:55 AM   #23
JSanderO
Illuminator

So... who is the deep state? What is it aside from the amorphous all powerful entity that pulls all the strings of power while allowing the illusion that there is free will and things like democracies.

Would it be a cabal of the big MIC corps? And if so is it their boards? Or their CEOs? How DO they control the world?
Old 14th September 2021, 05:14 AM   #24
JSanderO
Illuminator

Add up Gage's salary... throw in all the expensing he did.... He made a million dollars from being the head truther!
Old 14th September 2021, 06:16 AM   #25
carlitos
"más divertido"

Originally Posted by dick gage
all of the important 9/11 Truth Movement events and activities
carlitos is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2021, 03:06 PM   #26
pgimeno
Illuminator

Gage doesn't own the www.richardgage.com domain name - it's up for grabs at $3,399.
Isn't that among the ones Rick Shaddock has registered? Like chrismohr911.com, markbasile.org and others.
pgimeno is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th September 2021, 05:30 AM   #27
JSanderO
Illuminator

From my reading online it appears that the board showed Gage the door because he was a vocal anti vaxxer... which I supposed would be perceived by people as anti science... which undercuts the "professional engineer/science" association that AE911T had traded on since its inception. Some people would think (realize) Gage was essentially (always) a snake oil salesmen... not the serious architect he wanted people to see him as. Anti vaxxers share memes with the truth movement... new world order conspiracy... government lying...
Old 15th September 2021, 03:44 PM   #28
Orphia Nay
Tagger

Richard Gage has written an explanation a day ago, on his new, personal activism website:

Why I am Going Independent…

Excerpts:

So the short is that Gage says Lee pulled the 30 minutes because Gage is a freaking Covid Conspiracy Theorist, and for the same reason - or actually for having spoken about those beliefs publicly, the AE Board ousted him.

So Gage now has his own site, richardgage911.org, which is about his fight for 9/11 Truth.

I wonder if he also has a site richardgageCovid.org or something like it ^^

That Slate article is great!

And that's hilarious that Gage is a Covidiot!

Outed as a completely insane nutter.
Old 16th September 2021, 02:12 AM   #29
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

And that's hilarious that Gage is a Covidiot!

Outed as a completely insane nutter.
As I documented previously, he got married to a lady in the Idaho panhandle, where they are, it appears, part of a group or community of preppers. So go figure where he gets his clues from nowadays. I am not actually sure if he lives in Idaho now 100%, or still has and uses a residence in California.

So I guess this is how it went: Gage, himself perhaps still sane though misguided, attracted over the years a majority of whackjob followers, some became friends, one a wife, and now that he socializes with whackjobs mostly, he more and more mistakes that for the real world.

Also to ponder: Covid cost him a year of what he does best: engaging crowds in lecture rooms. Perhaps that motivated him to break his message discipline and appeal to the Covidiot crowd.
Old 16th September 2021, 03:51 AM   #30
Disbelief
Master Poster

As I documented previously, he got married to a lady in the Idaho panhandle, where they are, it appears, part of a group or community of preppers. So go figure where he gets his clues from nowadays. I am not actually sure if he lives in Idaho now 100%, or still has and uses a residence in California.

So I guess this is how it went: Gage, himself perhaps still sane though misguided, attracted over the years a majority of whackjob followers, some became friends, one a wife, and now that he socializes with whackjobs mostly, he more and more mistakes that for the real world.

Also to ponder: Covid cost him a year of what he does best: engaging crowds in lecture rooms. Perhaps that motivated him to break his message discipline and appeal to the Covidiot crowd.
Or decided to move to a better grift.

Quote me where I said conspiracists use evidence. - mchapman
Disbelief is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th September 2021, 05:13 AM   #31
JSanderO
Illuminator

No shortage of idiots to exploit.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories