IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Kyle Rittenhouse

Old 10th January 2022, 10:04 AM   #241
plague311
Great minds think...

Originally Posted by webfusion View Post
You meant to type "I wouldn't be shocked if..." -- right?
Amazing catch. I'd correct all of the little odd typing mistakes you make but I have friends, a job, and things to do.

Are you paying attention, plague311 & carlitos?
To what? To your ramblings attempting to justify your ****** up outlook on why it's ok to shoot people that you think might be shoplifting? No, I'm not. I'd rather eat a bowl of human hair.
“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2022, 10:58 AM   #242
webfusion
Philosopher

Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
Amazing catch. I'd correct all of the little odd typing mistakes you make but I have friends, a job, and things to do.
It was more than an innocuous typo --- it completely changed the entire meaning of your posting. So, you're welcome.

To what? To your ramblings attempting to justify your ****** up outlook on why it's ok to shoot people that you think might be shoplifting? No, I'm not. I'd rather eat a bowl of human hair.
Carlitos said it was not believable that I could have witnessed such behavior.
To which you rushed to his side, indicating "I can't imagine why anyone would believe it."

Neither of you two have the slightest clue what is happening in stores across America, apparently. They are doing considerably more than simply 'shoplifting' -- they are LOOTING. Not 'maybe' looting -- they are doing it on a grand scale in front of everyone and making a mockery of the law-abiding citizens of the USA.

Roger Ramjets brought forward a posting saying that he objects to 'looting' done by politicians, but that's another topic, having nothing to do with Kyle Rittenhouse.
webfusion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2022, 01:20 PM   #243
plague311
Great minds think...

It was more than an innocuous typo --- it completely changed the entire meaning of your posting. So, you're welcome.
Yet without any more input from me you were able to figure it out without a problem.

I never said thank you.

Carlitos said it was not believable that I could have witnessed such behavior.
To which you rushed to his side, indicating "I can't imagine why anyone would believe it."
No ****, because that which is presented without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. That story could be completely fabricated ********, which is exactly how it reads. Provide some evidence. You can't? Ok, dismissed.

Neither of you two have the slightest clue what is happening in stores across America, apparently.
Yeah, because I apparently don't live in America.

They are doing considerably more than simply 'shoplifting' -- they are LOOTING. Not 'maybe' looting -- they are doing it on a grand scale in front of everyone and making a mockery of the law-abiding citizens of the USA.
So? This still doesn't make your random story any more or less true. It doesn't give Kyle a reason to shoot people based on a whim because he thinks they might be stealing. That's dumb as hell.

Roger Ramjets brought forward a posting saying that he objects to 'looting' done by politicians, but that's another topic, having nothing to do with Kyle Rittenhouse.
Then why discuss it? Move on.
“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2022, 01:47 PM   #244
webfusion
Philosopher

palgue311, you probably should be getting back to your job, family, things to do, instead of wasting your time with me.

I saw what I saw. As did Kyle. As have many other Americans.
Your demand for 'evidence' is ridiculous.

Shooting looters is going to start becoming a "thing" if that criminal activity continues unabated. That trajectory is quite clear.

https://www.ojp.gov/ncjrs/virtual-li...-shoot-looters
webfusion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2022, 01:59 PM   #245
plague311
Great minds think...

palgue311, you probably should be getting back to your job, family, things to do, instead of wasting your time with me.
I did, I am. Also, it's plague311. Misspelling it changes the entirety of the statement.

I saw what I saw. As did Kyle. As have many other Americans.
Your demand for 'evidence' is ridiculous.
No, it's not ridiculous at all. Demanding evidence is exactly what people who are taking a situation seriously do. Especially, and I mean ******* especially, if that outcome would be someone getting shot and killed. Doing it without rock solid evidence is both recklessly irresponsible and stupid.

Shooting looters is going to start becoming a "thing" if that criminal activity continues unabated. That trajectory is quite clear.

https://www.ojp.gov/ncjrs/virtual-li...-shoot-looters
You can try it. Go right ahead. The escalation of violence will continue as bodies, not just those of looters or thieves, start to pile up. Meanwhile there will be no reduction of theft overall, and you urban cowboys will just end up shooting the wrong person. Well, either you or the thieves will end up doing it. Which will result in prison. You feeling emboldened by this is hilarious.

I don't think you understand, most of America laughs at people with this mindset while nervously backing away.
Old 10th January 2022, 06:38 PM   #246
webfusion
Philosopher

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...us/8830218002/

and

https://www.kktv.com/2021/10/03/offi...el-mall-sunday
(shoplifter shot dead)

and

https://www.koco.com/article/shoplif...lmart/38310185

and

https://www.chronline.com/stories/sh...ing-lot,279833
Old 10th January 2022, 06:51 PM   #247
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

Thank you for demonstrating some of what is wrong with the gun culture in the USA.
1. He'd never do that. 2. Okay but he's not currently doing it. 3. Okay but he's not currently technically doing it. 4. Okay but everyone does it. 5. He's doing it, we can't stop him, no point in complaining about it. 6. We all knew he was going to do it which... makes it okay somehow. 7. It's perfectly fine that's he's doing it.
thaiboxerken is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2022, 07:10 PM   #248
webfusion
Philosopher

Originally Posted by thaiboxerken View Post
Thank you for demonstrating some of what is wrong with the gun culture in the USA.
All four stories were violent men stopped by other men with their legal weapons.

What is wrong with that?
Old 10th January 2022, 09:47 PM   #249
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

(Note: Walmart loses approximately $3-billion every year as a result of theft!)

What is it you don't believe? That people waltz in and just take what they want and leave, nonchalantly?
What a frickin' stupid straw-man argument.

Nobody is claiming "Theft never occurs". Nobody.

But even if stores lose some of their stock due to shoplifting, etc., the vast majority of people in those stores are there to make legal purchases. The fact that the CVS pharmacy that Rittenhouse was watching (while making his "shooting people" comments) was still open indicates that most people at that store were not stealing, but instead were actually spending their money to receive their product.

Unless Rittenhouse was omniscient, or had some other way to determine someone was stealing, he could not tell if people leaving that store had made legal purchases or not, since most people in stores do not steal.

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th January 2022, 07:40 AM   #250
plague311
Great minds think...

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post

But even if stores lose some of their stock due to shoplifting, etc., the vast majority of people in those stores are there to make legal purchases. The fact that the CVS pharmacy that Rittenhouse was watching (while making his "shooting people" comments) was still open indicates that most people at that store were not stealing, but instead were actually spending their money to receive their product.

Unless Rittenhouse was omniscient, or had some other way to determine someone was stealing, he could not tell if people leaving that store had made legal purchases or not, since most people in stores do not steal.
Imagine feeling the inherent need to defend wal-mart, target, CVS, etc.'s stock so much that you'd kill another person. Something that not even the employees are asked to do at all.

I can't imagine being like, "Oh my God, those people are stealing from Wal-Mart! I better protect Wal-Mart's bottom line! They barely make any money at all!" *pew pew pew pew* "Gotcha!"

This whole nonsense about protecting your neighborhood, or community, or whatever is ********. It's all about shooting someone and getting away with it.
Old 11th January 2022, 07:44 AM   #251
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Have we reached the point where that woman who opened fire on shop lifters at home depot is now an american hero, or would be if she could have hit her damn target.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/12/u...one-again.html
ponderingturtle is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th January 2022, 08:04 AM   #252
webfusion
Philosopher

ponderingturtle, this thread has kinda drifted into that territory, using the recorded comments of Kyle as a take-off point.
The article you referenced/linked notes that 'Her case, like many others, has sparked a debate over how armed bystanders should respond to violence or crime.'
Old 11th January 2022, 10:53 AM   #253
carlitos
"más divertido"

What is it you don't believe? That people waltz in and just take what they want and leave, nonchalantly?
I literally highlighted the part that I don't believe. Here it is again.

Originally Posted by carlitos

I have witnessed it first-hand at a local Walmart. These 'shoplifters' don't have a care in the world; after loading up their shopping carts, they just push 'em right out the door, looking at the paying customers with an air of contempt and a smirk.

(The local Walmart and an oft-robbed/looted Target have both closed their doors for good, deciding that their exposure to such rampant thievery was not worthwhile for them).
I don't believe any of this.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th January 2022, 02:42 PM   #254
webfusion
Philosopher

carlitos, go kick rocks.
Old 11th January 2022, 07:07 PM   #255
webfusion
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post

He has eyes.

BTW, the Retail Industry Leaders Association estimated that prior to COVID-19, as much as $68.9-billion worth of products were stolen from retailers in 2019.

However, carlitos simply cannot believe that I witnessed such an incident.
Or, alternatively, he cannot comprehend that stores are closing in response to this activity.
(In San Francisco alone, two dozen Walgreens locations in the city were closed due to crime in the city).

I am not discussing the people who obey the laws.
Instead, I'm pointing to those who don't, and are BLATANT in that regard.
Looters, actually.

There are federal and state laws with provisions for shooting looters and arsonists. This is especially true during natural disasters and civil disorder.
Old 11th January 2022, 09:21 PM   #256
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

I am not discussing the people who obey the laws.
Instead, I'm pointing to those who don't, and are BLATANT in that regard.
Looters, actually.
Like the 1/6 rioters who blatantly looted the capitol, right?

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th January 2022, 09:39 PM   #257
webfusion
Philosopher

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Like the 1/6 rioters who blatantly looted the capitol, right?
Well, one was shot and killed, so there's that.
Old 12th January 2022, 08:39 AM   #258
plague311
Great minds think...

Well, one was shot and killed, so there's that.
True but she wasn't taking anything, other than one to the chest.
Old 16th January 2022, 06:54 AM   #259
webfusion
Philosopher

True but she wasn't taking anything, other than one to the chest.
Lt. Michael Byrd has been served with a 'wrongful death' lawsuit by the Ashli Babbitt family for his killing an unarmed woman despite there being no immediate threat or danger to his own life. In other words, she was assassinated by a Federal agent.
https://www.lawfareblog.com/evaluati...-ashli-babbitt

Meanwhile, Kyle is considering writing a book about his ‘unorthodox journey into adulthood’ according to his spokesperson.
"He’s a goofy, charming, pragmatist with a very unique, but optimistic, worldview," David Hancock told NEWSWEEK.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1987511.html
Old 17th January 2022, 09:09 AM   #260
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

Lt. Michael Byrd has been served with a 'wrongful death' lawsuit by the Ashli Babbitt family for his killing an unarmed woman despite there being no immediate threat or danger to his own life. In other words, she was assassinated by a Federal agent.

Meanwhile, Kyle is considering writing a book about his ‘unorthodox journey into adulthood’ according to his spokesperson.
"He’s a goofy, charming, pragmatist with a very unique, but optimistic, worldview," David Hancock told NEWSWEEK.
Both of these articles do not dictate reality. A lawsuit is juts a claim of wrongful doing by another party and can be for any reason. Kyle's demeanor during an interview has nothing to do with his killing of innocent people.

The reality is that Ashli was shot because she was part of a mob that was actively trying to hunt and kill people.

Kyle killed people because he wanted the thrill of it.
1. He'd never do that. 2. Okay but he's not currently doing it. 3. Okay but he's not currently technically doing it. 4. Okay but everyone does it. 5. He's doing it, we can't stop him, no point in complaining about it. 6. We all knew he was going to do it which... makes it okay somehow. 7. It's perfectly fine that's he's doing it.
thaiboxerken is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2022, 10:14 AM   #261
plague311
Great minds think...

Michael should sue her back for putting him in a position that required him to have to take a life. He could add in the cost of the bullet just to be thorough.

Seriously though, keep me posted on how that turns out. I bet it gets laughed out of the court room, and Babbitt's family ends up paying Byrd's lawyer bill.

LoL like the bulk of people who support Kyle can read. He better make it a picture book. Maybe a pop-up book!

Speaking of stupid lawsuits, I noticed Kyle hasn't filed anything. I'm sure he's just building up all of his evidence.
Old 17th January 2022, 08:38 PM   #262
mgidm86
Philosopher

Quote:

Translation: "He's a stupid teenaged punk but I'm his spokesperson so I have to pretend to like him"
Old 26th January 2022, 07:11 PM   #263
webfusion
Philosopher

plague311 was demanding 'evidence' back in post #245.

OK.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1486190902636736512
Old 22nd February 2022, 09:01 AM   #264
plague311
Great minds think...

Rittenhouse went on Fox to beg for money to sue media organizations. He naturally went on Tucker's show because the two are made for each other:

Quote:
"Me and my team have decided to launch The Media Accountability Project as a tool to help fundraise and hold the media accountable for the lies they said and deal with them in court," Rittenhouse said on Monday's "Tucker Carlson Tonight."
So he has a team, but they need money. He's looking at suing politicians and athletes, Whoopi, etc. He also said he's going to sue people that called him a white supremacist and I think he mentioned The Young Turks guy too.

He seems to think he'll walk away rich. I don't know much about the law but it seems to me having an opinion on an opinion show would allow enough wiggle room to not get in trouble. I'd expect he'll get the same thing as Sandmann, some "go away" money. Maybe enough to get another AR and a few years at lifeguard school.
Old 22nd February 2022, 09:07 AM   #265
plague311
Great minds think...

Found a Newsweek article with some lawyers explaining how he doesn't have a case, and a reply from a lawyer\host from TYT show. It wasn't behind a paywall for me. A few highlights:

Quote:
Adrienne Lawrence, an attorney and host on The Young Turks media network, tweeted: "Did someone call Rittenhouse a 'convicted murderer'?

"Because, to my knowledge, you can be a murderer factually, even if you're legally acquitted. An acquittal doesn't really change that one murdered another."
Quote:
Barbara McQuade, a University of Michigan law professor and former U.S attorney for the Eastern District of Michigan, said: "A defamation case is unlikely to succeed here against any defendant."

"By inserting himself into the civil unrest in Kenosha, Rittenhouse voluntarily became a limited purpose public figure, which subjects defamation claims against him to the actual malice standard."
Old 22nd February 2022, 09:14 AM   #266
SuburbanTurkey

Rittenhouse went on Fox to beg for money to sue media organizations. He naturally went on Tucker's show because the two are made for each other:

So he has a team, but they need money. He's looking at suing politicians and athletes, Whoopi, etc. He also said he's going to sue people that called him a white supremacist and I think he mentioned The Young Turks guy too.

He seems to think he'll walk away rich. I don't know much about the law but it seems to me having an opinion on an opinion show would allow enough wiggle room to not get in trouble. I'd expect he'll get the same thing as Sandmann, some "go away" money. Maybe enough to get another AR and a few years at lifeguard school.
There's definitely a fortune to be made, but not through winning lawsuits. Grifting Carlson fans seems like a good way to make a quick buck. Hell, he could probably just drop the pretense and ask them for cash directly. They love this killer, they'd probably just send money as a gift with no strings attached.
SuburbanTurkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2022, 09:33 AM   #267
plague311
Great minds think...

Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
There's definitely a fortune to be made, but not through winning lawsuits. Grifting Carlson fans seems like a good way to make a quick buck. Hell, he could probably just drop the pretense and ask them for cash directly. They love this killer, they'd probably just send money as a gift with no strings attached.
Which isn't too far from what he's doing, I'd bet. Ripping people off is just another way of saying "fundraising" when it comes to most things the right does.
Old 22nd February 2022, 09:34 AM   #268
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

When he got his bail back as it was donated to him why is he hurting for money already, did he really blow through the more than a million dollars already?
ponderingturtle is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2022, 09:53 AM   #269
SuburbanTurkey

Found a Newsweek article with some lawyers explaining how he doesn't have a case, and a reply from a lawyer\host from TYT show. It wasn't behind a paywall for me. A few highlights:
Just about everything said about Rittenhouse was an opinion based on disclosed facts, in this case the video of him gunning down protestors and the later trial.

Opinions on disclosed facts are not defamation. QED.
SuburbanTurkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2022, 09:56 AM   #270
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
Opinions on disclosed facts are not defamation. QED.
Give it time. Let enough of the Post-Fact peeps get in positions of power and it will be.
Old 22nd February 2022, 10:03 AM   #271
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

////
Old 22nd February 2022, 10:10 AM   #272
plague311
Great minds think...

Originally Posted by ponderingturtle View Post
When he got his bail back as it was donated to him why is he hurting for money already, did he really blow through the more than a million dollars already?
I don't think that's true, per the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel:

Quote:
Under the agreement, $920,000 will be paid, in trust, to Richards & Dimmer, the Racine law firm that defended Rittenhouse. Another $925,000 will go to #FightBack Foundation. Schroder, who posed with Rittenhouse soon after he was released on bail, gets back $150,000 he contributed.
I don't think the FightBack Foundation Inc. has anything to do with Rittenhouse. So I don't think he got any of it.
Old 22nd February 2022, 11:43 AM   #273
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped

Might have to go and shoot some more people to drum up more interest and support.
Sideroxylon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2022, 12:39 PM   #274
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Never mind, Plague311 already posted this:
Originally Posted by ponderingturtle View Post
Whoever posted it gets it back.

I donated $100 toward bail for that poor cook at the Little Rascal's Daycare that had been accused of Satanic ritual abuse of the kids. Her lawyer contacted me to ask if that was bail money I expected to get back or was it a donation she would keep. It was a donation.

NY Post
Quote:
Bond in Wisconsin legally goes back to whoever posted it after the trial is over, which would appear to be Pierce’s law firm.

A second attorney who briefly worked on the case, L. Lin Wood, said the funds were provided by his FightBack Foundation and should be returned to the organization, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported.

In February, the Rittenhouse family fired Pierce, and have since complained that he and Wood diverted money meant to help Rittenhouse.

Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Quote:
At a short hearing Friday, Judge Bruce Schroeder approved two deals — one, agreed to by Rittenhouse, was to let authorities destroy the rifle; the other was to divvy up the $2 million bail with actor Ricky Schroder and a Texas non-profit organization led by Atlanta lawyer Lin Wood.

Under the agreement, $920,000 will be paid, in trust, to Richards & Dimmer, the Racine law firm that defended Rittenhouse. Another $925,000 will go to #FightBack Foundation. Schroder, who posed with Rittenhouse soon after he was released on bail, gets back $150,000 he contributed.

The judge denied an 11th-hour attempt by a California-based hedge fund trust to claim the bail money. The trust claims to be the assignee of a litigation financing company that was owed millions of dollars by Rittenhouse's first attorney, John Pierce of Los Angeles, and had obtained judgments against him.

The trust claimed its right to all assets of Pierce's firm and business entities included the bail, since he posted the $2 million with a check from his firm's account.

Rittenhouse's attorney, Mark Richards, argued Friday the money was wired to Pierce's firm from #FightBack, and went through Pierce's client trust account, so the money would never be subject to liens by business creditors.

In an affidavit, the trust's officer in charge of recovering assets from Pierce also claimed that despite Pierce's huge debt, the trust decided to contribute $300,000 to Rittenhouse's bail as an investment.
It doesn't look like Rittenhouse got any of it.

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; 22nd February 2022 at 12:45 PM.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2022, 04:32 PM   #275
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Ron Filipkowski
@RonFilipkowski
Kyle Rittenhouse today says he may sue Biden if he doesn’t apologize to him: “I tried reaching out to him 5 times to have an interview but he was too cowardly to sit down and talk to me.”

There’s nothing more patriotic than a white supremacist double murderer suing the President of the United States during the most volatile international crisis since World War II because he’s desperate for attention.
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2022, 05:00 PM   #276
mgidm86
Philosopher

Kyle's on minute 13 of his 15
Old 25th February 2022, 09:37 PM   #277
gnome
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
I literally highlighted the part that I don't believe. Here it is again.

Originally Posted by webfusion
I have witnessed it first-hand at a local Walmart. These 'shoplifters' don't have a care in the world; after loading up their shopping carts, they just push 'em right out the door, looking at the paying customers with an air of contempt and a smirk.
I don't believe any of this.
I recognize it though: It's precisely the same rhetoric used to describe the classic "welfare queens" that load up their shopping carts with steak and lobster, pay with food stamps, and smirk at the paying customers on the way out, before departing in a Cadillac. It's always a Caddy.

Last edited by gnome; 25th February 2022 at 09:38 PM.
gnome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th February 2022, 02:57 PM   #278
mgidm86
Philosopher

Originally Posted by gnome View Post
I recognize it though: It's precisely the same rhetoric used to describe the classic "welfare queens" that load up their shopping carts with steak and lobster, pay with food stamps, and smirk at the paying customers on the way out, before departing in a Cadillac. It's always a Caddy.

Yes, people do walk into stores and brazenly shoplift. They know that the security guard will probably not try and physically stop them due mainly to liability concerns, not the law.

Try these

You see gangs of people in stores doing this now simultaneously. All the employees can do is hope none of them are violent and watch them steal.

What this has to do with Kyle I don't know.
Old 26th February 2022, 06:55 PM   #279
gnome
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by mgidm86 View Post
Yes, people do walk into stores and brazenly shoplift. They know that the security guard will probably not try and physically stop them due mainly to liability concerns, not the law.

Try these

You see gangs of people in stores doing this now simultaneously. All the employees can do is hope none of them are violent and watch them steal.

What this has to do with Kyle I don't know.
Examples I saw related to shoplifters targeting small, high value items. Where are the "loaded shopping carts"?

gnome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th February 2022, 09:28 PM   #280
The Common Potato
Muse

Originally Posted by gnome View Post
Examples I saw related to shoplifters targeting small, high value items. Where are the "loaded shopping carts"?
Worthing shop robbery: Masked-suspects stole high-value electrical items. I lived in Worthing for about 30 years. It does seem that this sort of behaviour is becoming more prevalent in the UK.

We need guns!
The Common Potato is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events