ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old Yesterday, 09:44 AM   #121
phiwum
Philosopher

Originally Posted by logger View Post
They aren't threatening us. Happy to inform you, go ahead and admit your worldview is wrong.
http://dailycaller.com/2017/04/20/ch...a-contingency/
Well, I suppose the Daily Caller has one perspective. It is at odds with the perspective of the traditional press, like IBT.

The troops on the border are unconfirmed and China denies a change in the status of its bombers.
phiwum is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 10:12 AM   #122
logger
Philosopher

Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
Well, I suppose the Daily Caller has one perspective. It is at odds with the perspective of the traditional press, like IBT.
There are more who have the same article as DC. China has talked about tightening the screws on NK. They're already slowing the shipments of fuel. Still can't admit you were wrong?
Quote:
The troops on the border are unconfirmed and China denies a change in the status of its bombers.
Well, that's settled then!
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 10:38 AM   #123
phiwum
Philosopher

There are more who have the same article as DC. China has talked about tightening the screws on NK. They're already slowing the shipments of fuel. Still can't admit you were wrong?
I don't know that I was wrong. There are two interpretations out there. I have m no reason to think one is better than the other.

I certainly was wrong when I said your claim was novel, I'll admit that.

Quote:
Well, that's settled then!
I just mention it for additional information. I draw no conclusions.
phiwum is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 03:56 PM   #124
Lensman
Graduate Poster

They aren't threatening us. Happy to inform you, go ahead and admit your worldview is wrong.
http://dailycaller.com/2017/04/20/ch...a-contingency/
The previous time China massed their troops on the NK border was back in the 1950's, I seem to recall some unpleasantness occurred with the combined NK-Chinese military arguing the toss with the UN forces - led by the USA.

(ps, that war is still on-going, a peace treaty was never signed, just a cease-fire - it could flare up any time with the slightest provocation.)
If the early bird catches the worm - shouldn't the worm have stayed in bed?

Last edited by Lensman; Yesterday at 04:01 PM. Reason: added some bits.
Lensman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 06:55 PM   #125
logger
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Lensman View Post
The previous time China massed their troops on the NK border was back in the 1950's, I seem to recall some unpleasantness occurred with the combined NK-Chinese military arguing the toss with the UN forces - led by the USA.

(ps, that war is still on-going, a peace treaty was never signed, just a cease-fire - it could flare up any time with the slightest provocation.)
So what? The question is are they gearing up to fight us or deal with the North Koreans? Wouldn't it be interesting if the bumbling boob Trump gets the Chinese to do what idiot weak loser Obama couldn't. Hell Obama didn't even try. That's because he's a typical lazy loser leftist, but what do we expect from a community organizer.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 07:25 PM   #126
tyr_13
Penultimate Amazing

It's interesting to me that even before anything happens, the right is already ready to credit Trump.
tyr_13 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 07:32 PM   #127
logger
Philosopher

Originally Posted by tyr_13 View Post
It's interesting to me that even before anything happens, the right is already ready to credit Trump.
He's already done more than your loser Obama.
Old Yesterday, 07:59 PM   #128
tyr_13
Penultimate Amazing

He has not done more than popular two-term former president Obama, not that such delusions will be corrected by your tribe as truth simply isn't a value that's important to them. The reality is that by virtually no metric has he done more than Obama.

He's certainly lied more, but that's a poor measure of 'doing'.
tyr_13 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 09:12 AM   #129
WilliamSeger
Graduate Poster

LOL, other than convincing the entire world that he's an ignorant buffoon who thinks he's the world's greatest negotiator, Trump's actual policy toward NK is exactly the same as Obama's.
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 10:31 AM   #130
GodMark2
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by tyr_13 View Post
And after things do happen, they blame anybody but Trump.
Old Today, 02:03 PM   #131
Lurch
Student

Hmmm, yeah. Golfing immediately springs to mind. And costing the taxpayers more.

But then, didn't Teh Hair say he was gonna be too busy working for Americans to be out on the links?
Lurch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 02:21 PM   #132
Steve
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
Hmmm, yeah. Golfing immediately springs to mind. And costing the taxpayers more.

But then, didn't Teh Hair say he was gonna be too busy working for Americans to be out on the links?
What a shock! He lied. No-one saw that coming.
Old Today, 02:23 PM   #133
WilliamSeger
Graduate Poster

Like what?

Specifically, whether campaign promise or not, what has he done that remotely resembles his promise to "work [his] ass off" for the working class? What has he done that doesn't benefit the plutocratic corporatist swamp that he himself sprang from?
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 03:20 PM   #134
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

Fortunately, Trump has managed to break many of the pre-election promises that he has made. In another 100 days, then I am sure that Trump will manage to break quite a few more of his pre-election promises.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics