ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags stundie awards , stundie nominations

Old 17th July 2014, 04:27 PM   #161
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by jaydeehess View Post
Shot down 777 is the missing 777 from March ,,,coming soon to a loon forum near you.
I think that is going to be one of the biggies about the shootdown with the Tin Foil Crowd.
dudalb is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2014, 04:27 PM   #162
frenat
Critical Thinker

Shot down 777 is the missing 777 from March ,,,coming soon to a loon forum near you.
Here you go.
http://www.godlikeproductions.com/fo...age2594375/pg1
frenat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2014, 07:40 PM   #163
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by frenat View Post
Three hours before I predicted it! Obviously I am postprescient.

Last edited by jaydeehess; 17th July 2014 at 07:42 PM.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2014, 10:29 PM   #164
Dog Town
Banned

Originally Posted by Elizabeth I View Post
In the U.S., they teach how to answer questions on standardized tests.

Not well!
Dog Town is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2014, 04:13 AM   #165
8den
Graduate Poster

On the thread on Urban 75

angelraven offers this gem as proof of "Satanic Ritual Abuse". A Child abuser claimed he was part of secret religious group and on his way to a sex orgy as part of his defence.

Originally Posted by angelraven

He stated to police that he was a part of a cult. We don't have to believe him of course, but it's evidence.
Yes apparently stating that you're a astronaut is evidence you are a astronaut!

Later on the thread

Originally Posted by angelraven
I'm not terribly impressed by your grasp of the relevant evidence.

http://www.urban75.net/forums/thread....325799/page-2

Last edited by 8den; 20th July 2014 at 04:14 AM.
8den is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd July 2014, 10:59 AM   #166
threadworm
Graduate Poster

Resident dimwit at DIF has been having the retro-reflective properties of the lunar surface explained to him.

He doesn't buy it.

Quote:
I dont buy into the moon sand reflects like cat eyes, if that was the case a crescent moon would be extremely dim.
It's not the moon that's dim ianw, it's not the moon.

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...2&postcount=60

Apollo Hoax Debunked
threadworm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd July 2014, 05:13 PM   #167
frenat
Critical Thinker

From GLP
http://www.godlikeproductions.com/fo...age2599258/pg1
The OP claims it couldn't have been a SAM that took out MH17 because the range of the Buk is 25km and the plane was flying at 35km. Sadly some posters agree with him. When someone does point out that he got his units wrong he just gets angry. Funny and sad. Not quoted due to language. Surf at your own risk. GLP is largely unmoderated and reading may cause a loss of brain cells.
frenat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd July 2014, 07:11 PM   #168
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

From GLP
The OP claims it couldn't have been a SAM that took out MH17 because the range of the Buk is 25km and the plane was flying at 35km. Sadly some posters agree with him. When someone does point out that he got his units wrong he just gets angry. Funny and sad. Not quoted due to language. Surf at your own risk. GLP is largely unmoderated and reading may cause a loss of brain cells.

Holy ****, how does that go on for 9 pages? He was shown to be wrong halfway down the first page.....
Old 22nd July 2014, 07:30 PM   #169
frenat
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
Holy ****, how does that go on for 9 pages? He was shown to be wrong halfway down the first page.....
That is what a massive troll infestation and extreme lack of moderation gets you. People rarely get banned for behavior. What you do get banned for is threats of violence, and posting links to various other forums (I've yet to see a list of which are forbidden, there is just an autoban when you do it).
Old 22nd July 2014, 08:50 PM   #170
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

From GLP
Whoop! Lol!

Off the top of my head 35km is around 115000 feet. Dodging weather balloons were they? Chuck Yeager only went 5000 higher in his record setting NF104 flight.

Last edited by jaydeehess; 22nd July 2014 at 08:53 PM.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd July 2014, 10:41 PM   #171
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Same poster from page 5 of the thread.

Quote:
Which would explain why the tower ordered the plane to drop from 35 to 30 km altitude (or whatever the ******* metric equivalent is).

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2014, 04:30 PM   #172
sylvan8798
Master Poster

Quote:
Do the math....15km from crash site to launch site. Possibly 5km or more from impact to crash site. possibly another 5km covered from time of launch to impact....Then the extra kms triangulation up to 10km altitude.
http://www.godlikeproductions.com/fo...age2599258/pg5
Quote:
OP may have made a mistake, but we knew what he meant.

And I still think its tight for the range of the missile claimed.
http://www.godlikeproductions.com/fo...age2599258/pg8

I'm not entirely sure about what this guy is getting at, but he seems to be saying that the entire distance the missile could travel was only 35 km (up, over, and plane traveling down), so if the total distance was more than that, it couldn't be a SAM.

Clearly, not too many physicists on that thread .

- Professional Wastrel
sylvan8798 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2014, 07:45 PM   #173
ehcks
Illuminator

Originally Posted by sylvan8798 View Post
http://www.godlikeproductions.com/fo...age2599258/pg5

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/fo...age2599258/pg8

I'm not entirely sure about what this guy is getting at, but he seems to be saying that the entire distance the missile could travel was only 35 km (up, over, and plane traveling down), so if the total distance was more than that, it couldn't be a SAM.

Clearly, not too many physicists on that thread .
He's trying to include the aircraft's descent to the crash location in the missile range math?
Old 23rd July 2014, 07:46 PM   #174
Alareth
Philosopher

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Same poster from page 5 of the thread.
Yes, what is the metric equivalent of a kilometer?

Inquiring minds must know.
Alareth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2014, 07:55 PM   #175
thedopefishlives
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by ehcks View Post
He's trying to include the aircraft's descent to the crash location in the missile range math?
Whatever makes the conclusion come out as "CONSPIRACY". It's like numerology, but dumber.
Old 23rd July 2014, 10:24 PM   #176
sylvan8798
Master Poster

Originally Posted by ehcks
As nearly as I can make out, yes. It's hard to make sense of nonsense you know

- Professional Wastrel
sylvan8798 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th July 2014, 01:24 AM   #177
FromBelgiumWithLove

Originally Posted by Alareth View Post
Yes, what is the metric equivalent of a kilometer?

Inquiring minds must know.
Maybe the metric system ought to be expanded to include a new unit called the putin. Which would stand for "any completely random number I choose to mention, add, subtract, or do whatever with, in any kind of calculation whatsoever, in any field of science, as long as I do so in online discussions involving the saintly Vladimir Putin and his infallible neo-Czarist regime".
FromBelgiumWithLove is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th July 2014, 02:14 AM   #178
Erock
Muse

Originally Posted by FromBelgiumWithLove View Post
Maybe the metric system ought to be expanded to include a new unit called the putin. Which would stand for "any completely random number I choose to mention, add, subtract, or do whatever with, in any kind of calculation whatsoever, in any field of science, as long as I do so in online discussions involving the saintly Vladimir Putin and his infallible neo-Czarist regime".
Too long winded. Putin stands for "put in any old crap"
Old 24th July 2014, 01:17 PM   #179
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Over on the Israel/Palestine thread in the International politics section,Jules Galen
explains how the Jews deserve to be exterminated:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Galen
I don't know. The Israelis keep poking the Palestinians in the eye over and over and over again, and the Palestinians have become so enraged that they have gone barking mad. Sooner or later, there could be a price for Israel to pay for letting the situation get so out of hand. Maybe someone will come along and arm the Palestinians and teach them how to fight...and then Israel is screwed.

You know, Germany spent years trying to indoctrinate the SS so they would be stone-cold killers yet they were never really successful at it. The SS did not particularly like mass killing Jews and it took a toll on many of them. However, the Palestinians have been conditioned by their treatment at the hands of Israel to become absolute Psychos. As a result, I think millions of Palestinians would relish the idea of inviting their Jewish neighbors to a BBQ. And then the phrase "Never Again" would have to be replaced by "OK...One More Time". And there will always be the "One more time" for the Zionists for they are great at getting people to hate them.

So, when the Israelis are eventually exterminated like cockroaches, don't come crying to us about how bad they have it - because they did it to themselves! Israel will only have Israel to blame. Of course, the Jews will shed crocodile tears and claim they are the "Victims"...but it will pass. Then, they will repeat the whole scenario at a future time and get exterminated again. It's History. What...do you think it's a coincidence that so many peoples, nations and empires have loathed the Jews for thousands of years?

I mean, take a look at China and Japan - they hate Jews, too - and they don't even have Jews. Why do you think people who don't even have contact with Jews would loathe them? Do you think this is an accident? Bad Luck? Hell no! In fact, if there are other Alien races in the Cosmos that are watching us now, then they probably despise Israel, too.

And do ya'll know why people hate Palestinians? It's because they've hung out with Israel for so long that they have become like Israel! Like the Jews, the Palestinians are always knifing someone in the back while playing the victim...it's why other Arabs won't have them in their countries. So...if you despise the Palestinians...you also despise Jews - for they are one in the same.
You really don't know where to begin with this obnoxius mixture of bigotry, conspiracy theory (the Jews are behind everything) and craziness.

Last edited by dudalb; 24th July 2014 at 01:32 PM.
dudalb is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th July 2014, 05:44 PM   #180
Erock
Muse

It's a gray Jim, but not as we know it!

I nominate Jarrah White and this picture tells you why. Whilst performing one of his nauseating anti Apollo videos, he committed foot shooting accuracy of the highest order. Not only did his figures support the official data they destroyed his credibility all in the space of a few seconds. Enjoy:

http://i.imgur.com/36TXWBs.jpg
Old 24th July 2014, 06:35 PM   #181
Philosopher

Originally Posted by thedopefishlives View Post
Whatever makes the conclusion come out as "CONSPIRACY". It's like numerology, but dumber.
I'm not sure how that's possible.
000063 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th July 2014, 07:00 PM   #182
mrbusdriver
Scholar

Originally Posted by Erock View Post
I nominate Jarrah White and this picture tells you why. Whilst performing one of his nauseating anti Apollo videos, he committed foot shooting accuracy of the highest order. Not only did his figures support the official data they destroyed his credibility all in the space of a few seconds. Enjoy:

...seconded...
mrbusdriver is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th July 2014, 07:14 PM   #183
frenat
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by mrbusdriver View Post
...seconded...
Isn't he a professional though?
Old 25th July 2014, 04:57 AM   #184
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
You really don't know where to begin with this obnoxius mixture of bigotry, conspiracy theory (the Jews are behind everything) and craziness.

And apparently, being a Jew is contagious?
Old 25th July 2014, 08:24 AM   #185
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
Then, they will repeat the whole scenario at a future time and get exterminated again.
Dictionary says that "extermination" means "complete annihilation". Those crafty Jews.
Old 25th July 2014, 08:31 AM   #186
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Erock View Post

Saw this in the Apollo hoax thread. Comedy gold.
Old 25th July 2014, 12:02 PM   #187
sylvan8798
Master Poster

Originally Posted by jaydeehess
Dictionary says that "extermination" means "complete annihilation". Those crafty Jews.
It's ok, they can be grown from seeds.

Quote:
The SS did not particularly like mass killing Jews and it took a toll on many of them.
Ahh, where's my tiny violin?

- Professional Wastrel

Last edited by sylvan8798; 25th July 2014 at 12:07 PM.
Old 25th July 2014, 12:24 PM   #188
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by sylvan8798 View Post
It's ok, they can be grown from seeds.

Ahh, where's my tiny violin?

There you go....
Old 28th July 2014, 07:33 PM   #189
thedopefishlives
Graduate Poster

Our newest conspiracy theorist jumps in with a spectacular, astounding, mind-numbingly wrong interpretation of what constitutes a good policeman.

Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
A good policeman knows who is the criminal before he starts to investigate, and in this case they are the one who unsafely let the airplanes fly above this area and take advantage from it, they did it on purpose to benefit from the crime.
ETA: I guess he's not new, but not one I've seen spouting conspiracy woo recently. Perhaps I should nominate myself.

Last edited by thedopefishlives; 28th July 2014 at 07:35 PM.
thedopefishlives is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th July 2014, 05:38 AM   #190
turingtest
Mistral, mistral wind...

Originally Posted by thedopefishlives View Post
Our newest conspiracy theorist jumps in with a spectacular, astounding, mind-numbingly wrong interpretation of what constitutes a good policeman.

ETA: I guess he's not new, but not one I've seen spouting conspiracy woo recently. Perhaps I should nominate myself.
Gaetan's a good example of how wrong CTists go when they think that the only question that needs to be answered to solve a crime is "who benefits?"

Life was a short shelf that came with bookends- Stephen King
turingtest is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th July 2014, 09:55 AM   #191
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by turingtest View Post
Gaetan's a good example of how wrong CTists go when they think that the only question that needs to be answered to solve a crime is "who benefits?"
Gaetan has been providing much amusement with his "'Money is Evil" thread in the JREF Economics section for a long time. If anything, his craziness there is even worse then here.
Old 29th July 2014, 10:59 AM   #192
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Gaetan has been providing much amusement with his "'Money is Evil" thread in the JREF Economics section for a long time. If anything, his craziness there is even worse then here.

Damn, you're right, I just looked at his first post in the dplit thread, and found this wonder:

Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
Think, there can't be competition because every one would go where it is cheapest, all groceries they are all the same price because people would go at the grocerie where it is cheap to buy food, other groceries would loose clients and soon be out of business, can't you understand such thing so easy to understand, there is no free market Under money capitalist system, there is no competition, it is all collusion.

That's right, no one would ever choose to shop at the store closer to home or work, or the store with wider selection, or the store with better service, or the store with less traffic. The only factor that anyone ever considers is price.

Old 29th July 2014, 11:36 AM   #193
turingtest
Mistral, mistral wind...

TBH, I feel a little sorry for Gaetan; there's just something not quite right with someone who can post something like this:
Quote:
The extraterrestrial beings with big ears

Among the peoples living in space,there are the extraterrestrial beings with big ears.These ones are characterized by their ears who look like ours, but are four times bigger.They have a personality of love.They like everybody.I know that because i was possessed by one of these once in a while feeling his love.So, this extraterrestrial being was sometimes inside me,occasionally one of his ears use to materialize itself,describing slow circles like if he‘d be listening carefully somebody,detaching from him,and flying across the room.He use to lose his ears in this way but regenarate them quikly.I am proud of my friends of extraterrestrial origin.

Gaétan
Whether he's a troll or really as delusional as he sounds, there's not much point in Stundie nominations for someone whose every post (literally) could be one; his "good policeman" post is actually one of the more sensible things he's said.

Life was a short shelf that came with bookends- Stephen King
turingtest is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th July 2014, 11:59 AM   #194
thedopefishlives
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by turingtest View Post
TBH, I feel a little sorry for Gaetan; there's just something not quite right with someone who can post something like this:

Whether he's a troll or really as delusional as he sounds, there's not much point in Stundie nominations for someone whose every post (literally) could be one; his "good policeman" post is actually one of the more sensible things he's said.
I suppose this is what I get for not frequenting the forums outside of CT; I was unaware of his rather, erm, Stundielicious body of work. I suppose he will soon be added to the list of professional Stundie generators and disqualified from nomination?
Old 29th July 2014, 12:45 PM   #195
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Damn, you're right, I just looked at his first post in the dplit thread, and found this wonder:

That's right, no one would ever choose to shop at the store closer to home or work, or the store with wider selection, or the store with better service, or the store with less traffic. The only factor that anyone ever considers is price.

You think that's bad, just look at Gaetan's opinions in the first part of his Money thread

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=277318

Old 29th July 2014, 01:34 PM   #196
Armitage72
Illuminator

A few years ago I moved from Eastern New York State to Western New York State and first encountered the joy of Wegmans.
Where I currently live, there are a Wal-Mart grocery store and a Wegmans within a 1/2 mile of each other. I never go to Wal-Mart any more. Wegmans is a much more pleasant experience on every level. Faster check-out lines, more cash registers open, more polite and helpful employees, cleaner store, more fully stocked shelves, even the shopping carts are in better condition.
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2014, 06:11 AM   #197
Philosopher

When I was living in the UK, there was a Sainsbury's, ASDA, and Morrison's within walking distance. I only went to Morrison's once, and never again, because the place just felt so darn cheap.

Plus I had to walk through more smokers when I left, compared to the few at Sains' and the none I can recall at ASDA. Even Iceland was nicer.
000063 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2014, 10:51 AM   #198
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

there are two major grocery stores in this small town. There's also a Walmart but they do not carry meat or fresh produce.

One of the two is "no-frills" , you bag your own groceries, carts cost a refundable dollar, there are only 4 tills and a fifth, express till(less than 10 purchases).

The other is well lit, they bag your groceries, the staff is friendly and if you are asking where something is they leave what they are doing (stocking shelves) and take you to the item even if its several aisles away and show you the exact location of that product. Carts cost a refundable 25cents. There are 10 checkouts including two express lanes.

The no-frills store stocks shelves overnight and then there is little to no restocking through the day. Get there at 6pm and some shelves are empty. The most common empty shelves are bread, and fresh produce such as celery, green & red peppers, mushrooms, and tomatoes. However they are cheaper than the other store which has restocking going on the entire day. the staff, when you can find someone other than a teller, often don't know where the item you are looking for is, and when they do they just tell you what aisle its in. they don't smile or make any effort to be friendly.
I have gone to no-frills and lost the crapshoot as to whether or not everything I want is on the shelves and then had to go to the other store. Most often though i will go to the more expensive store for everything. I think everyone understands why.

Last edited by jaydeehess; 30th July 2014 at 10:55 AM.
Old 30th July 2014, 02:47 PM   #199
ehcks
Illuminator

Refundable charges on carts? What is that for? To prevent theft? Or do they refund if you bring the cart back inside instead of leaving it at a corral in the parking lot?
Old 30th July 2014, 03:36 PM   #200
Justin39640
Illuminator

there are two major grocery stores in this small town. There's also a Walmart but they do not carry meat or fresh produce.

One of the two is "no-frills" , you bag your own groceries, carts cost a refundable dollar, there are only 4 tills and a fifth, express till(less than 10 purchases).

The other is well lit, they bag your groceries, the staff is friendly and if you are asking where something is they leave what they are doing (stocking shelves) and take you to the item even if its several aisles away and show you the exact location of that product. Carts cost a refundable 25cents. There are 10 checkouts including two express lanes.

The no-frills store stocks shelves overnight and then there is little to no restocking through the day. Get there at 6pm and some shelves are empty. The most common empty shelves are bread, and fresh produce such as celery, green & red peppers, mushrooms, and tomatoes. However they are cheaper than the other store which has restocking going on the entire day. the staff, when you can find someone other than a teller, often don't know where the item you are looking for is, and when they do they just tell you what aisle its in. they don't smile or make any effort to be friendly.
I have gone to no-frills and lost the crapshoot as to whether or not everything I want is on the shelves and then had to go to the other store. Most often though i will go to the more expensive store for everything. I think everyone understands why.
Where I live I have everything you could want within 10 miles. There's probably 6 Targets and 3 Walmarts a KMart and 400 7-11s in that radius.

I have a friend who's a really cheap. He buys everything online as cheap as he can possibly find it. He never understands why I go to the store and buy something I could get cheaper online. I call it the convenience fee for having it within an hour of deciding to buy it.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories