ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 28th June 2019, 10:32 PM   #3561
BowlOfRed
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by bknight View Post
My bad I forgot the a.
Don't mind me. I was a young lad when "space nuts" was originally broadcast, and yet I still remember the opening sequence with some fondness. I'm sure that is due to only remembering a very tiny bit of it.
BowlOfRed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2019, 12:20 AM   #3562
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Channeling GV, you can see it tilt over after liftoff. If it was really going to space it would go straight up, but it has to avoid the firmament/dome. Seriously, he's said that repeatedly.
Remember the old saying

What goes up, must come down (unless it has sufficient ∆v to reach orbital or escape velocity)

If you send a rocket straight up and don't pitch it over, well, that is always going to end badly for the rocket and, if the rocket survives re-entry, anyone unlucky enough to be in the general area when it inevitably comes back to Earth.

I tried it in KSP once, a multi stage stage rocket launched straight up with no pitch over. It went out about 10,000 km, until gravity took over....... it hit some phenomenal velocity and when it hit the atmosphere....

KA-BOOM!!

If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2019, 02:06 AM   #3563
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Originally Posted by bruto View Post
I know it's silly even to think about this stuff, but I was reflecting on GV's theory that rockets work in atmosphere because they push off the atmosphere. But isn't air compressible? I mean, you can't get much thrust with air as anyone who has ever had to bleed brakes would know. And then, when you think about it, isn't there just as much atmosphere in front of the rocket as there is behind it? If the atmosphere is hard enough for the rocket's exhaust to push against, why is it not hard enough for the front of the rocket to push against too? I don't understand how, under GV's theory, rockets can ever work anywhere. If a rocket were made with a blunt nose of equal area to the outlet, wouldn't it just sit there?
Not just rockets: surely this would apply to planes as well? Actually, thinking about it, how is anything able to move? Won't the pressure of the air in front of any moving object stop it from going forward?
Old 29th June 2019, 07:02 AM   #3564
jadebox
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
Not just rockets: surely this would apply to planes as well? Actually, thinking about it, how is anything able to move? Won't the pressure of the air in front of any moving object stop it from going forward?
And the earth would have no atmosphere because all the air would move to the lower pressure of the vacuum.

Edit: Oops, I forgot about the dome that is holding it in.
jadebox is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2019, 07:27 AM   #3565
jadebox
Graduate Poster

It is obvious that Gingervytes thinks a vacuum exerts some sort of pull on the gases in the rocket motor

I recall once wondering why the vacuum of space didn't such away the atmosphere. I was much younger back then, but very interested in physics. I don't recall how long it took for me to understand that a vacuum doesn't suck (insert any number of jokes here).

The idea that the vacuum of space sucks (I gotta figure out a better word) is a very common belief. I suspect most people think that you would explode like a bomb if exposed to a vacuum. That's what happens in many sci-fi movies and the more realistic scene in 2001 is often scoffed at as unbelievable.

I am sure most people understand that the Earth's atmosphere stays in place because of gravity. But most of those people would also say that gravity is preventing the gas from being pulled into space by the vacuum.

So, Gingervytes's misunderstanding is somewhat understandable, but not his refusal to learn how things really work.

Last edited by jadebox; 29th June 2019 at 07:30 AM.
jadebox is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2019, 03:42 PM   #3566
bknight
Master Poster

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Remember the old saying

What goes up, must come down (unless it has sufficient ∆v to reach orbital or escape velocity)

If you send a rocket straight up and don't pitch it over, well, that is always going to end badly for the rocket and, if the rocket survives re-entry, anyone unlucky enough to be in the general area when it inevitably comes back to Earth.

I tried it in KSP once, a multi stage stage rocket launched straight up with no pitch over. It went out about 10,000 km, until gravity took over....... it hit some phenomenal velocity and when it hit the atmosphere....

I tried orbiter but couldn't make it work.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th June 2019, 04:10 AM   #3567
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
I know it's silly even to think about this stuff, but I was reflecting on GV's theory that rockets work in atmosphere because they push off the atmosphere. But isn't air compressible? I mean, you can't get much thrust with air as anyone who has ever had to bleed brakes would know. And then, when you think about it, isn't there just as much atmosphere in front of the rocket as there is behind it? If the atmosphere is hard enough for the rocket's exhaust to push against, why is it not hard enough for the front of the rocket to push against too? I don't understand how, under GV's theory, rockets can ever work anywhere. If a rocket were made with a blunt nose of equal area to the outlet, wouldn't it just sit there?
Well, it wouldn't necessarily just sit there, because the air behind is being pushed away fast even when the air in front is just sitting still. But yes, it seems like a limit must be reached, for jets and rockets. When you want to go fast by pushing off the air behind you, but you also push on the air in front of you, there's only so much you can do because eventually the air behind is already moving away really fast while you try to push it. I'm not sure, but you may have discovered the real source of the legendary "sound barrier".
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th June 2019, 04:31 AM   #3568
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
Well, it wouldn't necessarily just sit there, because the air behind is being pushed away fast even when the air in front is just sitting still. But yes, it seems like a limit must be reached, for jets and rockets. When you want to go fast by pushing off the air behind you, but you also push on the air in front of you, there's only so much you can do because eventually the air behind is already moving away really fast while you try to push it. I'm not sure, but you may have discovered the real source of the legendary "sound barrier".
If I push really fast against the air behind me, will I be able to fly?

In Gingervytes' world, this presumably is possible.
Old 30th June 2019, 07:32 AM   #3569
Pope130
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Pope130 View Post
Gingervytes:

Please explain, by your theory, how an aircraft flies when it's forward speed exceeds it's exhaust velocity.
Quoting from myself. I'd still like an answer to this question. There are jet aircraft which fly through the air faster than their own exhaust velocity. That means that the exhaust is not pushing against the air behind them, the exhaust is in fact going in the same direction as the aircraft, at a much lower speed relative to the outside air. There is no push against anything outside the aircraft!
Pope130 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th June 2019, 02:41 PM   #3570
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Thumbs down Implied conspiracy theory paranoia about the coverage of a Falcon Heavy launch

Originally Posted by Gingervytes View Post
Yea they’re covering something alright
1 July 2019 Gingervytes: Implied conspiracy theory paranoia about the coverage of a Falcon Heavy launch.

This was the launch of a rocket in the real world by a private company (Space-X): STP-2 MISSION has a 4 hour long webcast (live video)! The rocket got to orbit as hundreds of other rockets have done. The rocket deployed its USAF, NASA, NOAA, the Planetary Society, and others payload. We will get data back from that payload as we do for the ~5000 operational satellites already in obit around Earth.

Last edited by Reality Check; 30th June 2019 at 02:51 PM.
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th June 2019, 02:44 PM   #3571
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Still no rational (e.g. with actual, valid physics!) answers to these questions about the real world:
1 May 2019 Gingervytes: How did the Curiosity rover get to Mars through the vacuum of space?
1 May 2019 Gingervytes: Explain how the course changes of the Rosetta spacecraft worked as predicted by rocket physics.
2 May 2019 Gingervytes: How do astronauts maneuver in EVA at the ISS using rockets if rockets do not work in space?
3 May 2019 Gingervytes: If rockets do not work in space: How were the orbits of the Galileo 5 & 6 satellites altered with rockets? How are orbit changes for other satellites done? How are orbit adjustments doen for the ISS, e.g. to avoid space junk?
6 May 2019 Gingervytes: What evidence would you accept to show that rockets work in a vacuum?
10 May 2019 Gingervytes: How did astronauts get to the Hubble telescope and repair it?

Still no answers to these questions about that rather deluded image, video(s) and the "flat earth"? conspiracy.
13 May 2019 Gingervytes: How do rockets work inside the atmosphere?
21 May 2019 Gingervytes: Where is the experiment that you or a fellow conspiracy believer did to show that rockets do not work in vacuum?
22 May 2019 Gingervytes: Do you understand [yet] that the OP image has obvious ignorance or lies?
23 May 2019 Gingervytes: What makes the demonstrations in that YouTube video not faked?

27 May 2019 Gingervytes: A delusion of "alleged satellites" when he gives no evidence that the satellites do not exist (they exist even in the rockets do not work in space delusion )
28 May 2019 Gingervytes: "the direction of the gases will be going out of the opening" ignorance.
29 May 2019 Gingervytes: Ignorance about gun powder (exploding gun powder produces a shrapnel of powder particles and gas).
6 June 2019 Gingervytes: A delusion that rockets can only get to "100k feet max"
6 June 2019 Gingervytes: Ignorance about Robin's post is followed by fantasies.

14 June 2019 Gingervytes: Persists with a delusion of "alleged space missions and satellites"
14 June 2019 Gingervytes: An "Indirect evidence" lie when we have direct evidence of space missions and satellites.
14 June 2019 Gingervytes: Lies about his delusion which is that rockets do not work in space which is not a problem with rockets reaching space.
14 June 2019 Gingervytes: Lies again about Newton's third law which is not that every force has an equal and opposite force (pressure gradient force does not have a magic opposing force).
18 June 2019 Gingervytes: Abysmal ignorance of the laws of physics (momentum conservation says rockets are pushed!).
18 June 2019 Gingervytes: A stupid "Where is your proof" question.
18 June 2019 Gingervytes: A stupid question on the pressure gradient force and an insult.
1 July 2019 Gingervytes: Implied conspiracy theory paranoia about the coverage of a Falcon Heavy launch.
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th June 2019, 04:39 PM   #3572
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

And then there's how to get one bar of pressure at the bottom of a ship....
Old 1st July 2019, 08:16 AM   #3573
Rincewind
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
And then there's how to get one bar of pressure at the bottom of a ship....
Is that similar to getting one bar of chocolate at the bottom of your Xmas stocking?
Old 1st July 2019, 11:45 PM   #3574
caveman1917
Philosopher

A friend of mine suggested that if you one up conspiracy theorists then they don't know what to do.

"The moon landing was fake."

"Oh, you're one of those guys that believes in the moon?"

It seems an intriguing suggestion, I think I'll be using this approach from now on.

So GingerVytes, you're one of those guys that believes in rockets?
"Let us therefore trust the eternal Spirit which destroys and annihilates only because it is the unfathomable and eternal source of all life. The passion for destruction is a creative passion, too!" - Mikhail Bakunin
caveman1917 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd July 2019, 03:02 AM   #3575
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

No. Birds are in on it too. Dinosaurs invented anti-gravity and escaped the asteroid impact. Only a few of the smaller ones got left behind and have evolved flashy displays with waving feathers to disguise the tech they really use to fly.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd July 2019, 03:36 AM   #3576
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

No. Birds are in on it too. Dinosaurs invented anti-gravity and escaped the asteroid impact. Only a few of the smaller ones got left behind and have evolved flashy displays with waving feathers to disguise the tech they really use to fly.
Oh, you're one of those people who believe in dinosaurs, are you?

Dave

- Myriad
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd July 2019, 03:43 AM   #3577
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post

Dave
LOL. This could run and run. In the context of this thread though it should probably have been "oh, you're one of those people who believe in asteroids".
Old 2nd July 2019, 04:12 AM   #3578
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator

Dave
LOL. This could run and run. In the context of this thread though it should probably have been "oh, you're one of those people who believe in asteroids".
Why stop there?

"Oh, you're one of those people that believe in people, are you?"

That'll get 'em thinking.
Old 2nd July 2019, 04:18 AM   #3579
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

"Oh, you're one of those people that believe in people, are you?"
Who said that?

Dave

- Myriad
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd July 2019, 04:36 AM   #3580
Robin
Penultimate Amazing

Let's not forget the biggest myth of all, the idea that words can convey meaning. How can a sequence of arbitrarily chosen sounds or symbols carry meaning? Impossible!

Sent from my Moto C using Tapatalk
The non-theoretical character of metaphysics would not be in itself a defect; all arts have this non-theoretical character without thereby losing their high value for personal as well as for social life. The danger lies in the deceptive character of metaphysics; it gives the illusion of knowledge without actually giving any knowledge. This is the reason why we reject it. - Rudolf Carnap "Philosophy and Logical Syntax"
Robin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd July 2019, 04:40 AM   #3581
Dave Rogers

Originally Posted by Robin View Post
How can a sequence of arbitrarily chosen sounds or symbols carry meaning? Impossible!
I like the way that you've backed up your thesis...

Sent from my Moto C using Tapatalk
...with a supporting example.

Dave

- Myriad
Old 2nd July 2019, 04:56 PM   #3582
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Yes, The Apollo Moon Landings Really Did Happen including evidence of rockets working in vacuum (the ascents from the Lunar surface)!
One thing I did not know was that the lunar modules crashed on the lunar surface and we have photos of the crash sites and the ejecta.
Old 2nd July 2019, 05:56 PM   #3583
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

I like the way that you've backed up your thesis...

...with a supporting example.

Dave

Now that's my kind of humour!!

If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd July 2019, 06:16 PM   #3584
Blue Mountain
Resident Skeptical Hobbit

Originally Posted by caveman1917 View Post
A friend of mine suggested that if you one up conspiracy theorists then they don't know what to do.

"The moon landing was fake."

"Oh, you're one of those guys that believes in the moon?"

It seems an intriguing suggestion, I think I'll be using this approach from now on.

So GingerVytes, you're one of those guys that believes in rockets?
Hey, we all know that The "Moon" is a ridiculous liberal myth.
The social illusion reigns to-day upon all the heaped-up ruins of the past, and to it belongs the future. The masses have never thirsted after truth. They turn aside from evidence that is not to their taste, preferring to deify error, if error seduce them. Gustav Le Bon, The Crowd, 1895 (from the French)
Canadian or living in Canada? PM me if you want an entry on the list of Canadians on the forum.
Blue Mountain is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2019, 05:59 AM   #3585
Robin
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Blue Mountain View Post
You are one of those who believe that there are liberals?

Preposterous! Everyone knows that the so-called "liberal" is simply the disguise that demons put on when they want to walk about on the Earth.
The non-theoretical character of metaphysics would not be in itself a defect; all arts have this non-theoretical character without thereby losing their high value for personal as well as for social life. The danger lies in the deceptive character of metaphysics; it gives the illusion of knowledge without actually giving any knowledge. This is the reason why we reject it. - Rudolf Carnap "Philosophy and Logical Syntax"
Robin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2019, 07:29 AM   #3586
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
You are one of those who believe that there are liberals?

Preposterous! Everyone knows that the so-called "liberal" is simply the disguise that demons put on when they want to walk about on the Earth.
I think that qualifies more as a Poe than anything else...

Old 4th July 2019, 09:32 PM   #3587
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

The Who started the flat Earth conspiracy and... thread cites an interesting video on the history and beliefs of the flat earthers. There are stupid beliefs such as
  • Idiocy about only believing your eyes.
    This makes the Earth a sphere because anyone can observe ships vanishing over the curvature of the Earth!
  • The Earth is not only flat, it is the unique and center of at least the Solar System and maybe the universe.
    School children know the evidence that it is the Sun that is the center of the Solar System. Eyes + a telescope confirms this (see above) by observing the phases of Venus.
  • Earth's gravity is the Earth constantly accelerating at 9.8 meters per second squared due to "universal accelerator/dark energy/aetheric wind" delusions.
    The narrator says that this puts Earth at or over the speed of light within a year which is not correct. Special relativity (which the flat earthers believe!) puts Earth at relativistic speeds where red and blue shifting of light from other stars would be obvious to our eyes. Just use your eyes folks! They should also use their eyes to notice all of the stars not streaming past the Earth! I suspect that they add another delusion of their delusions accelerating all objects equally - but then why do we not float off the surface of the Earth when we jump? Ok - add another delusion ?

The narrator misses that the flat earthers are blatantly lying. The average acceleration at the surface of the Earth is 9.8 meters per second squared. It varies with height as expected for real gravity. It varies with depth as expected for real gravity. It varies along the surface as expected for real gravity which is used to detect underground masses. It is a varying acceleration caused by different masses and distances.

ETA: We also measure gravity between objects in labs.

Last edited by Reality Check; 4th July 2019 at 09:37 PM.
Old 5th July 2019, 01:13 AM   #3588
Dave Rogers

Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
The Who started the flat Earth conspiracy [...]
...but they won't get fooled again.

Dave

- Myriad
Old 5th July 2019, 02:18 AM   #3589
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator

...but they won't get fooled again.

Dave
The flatness is why they can see for miles and miles.
Old 5th July 2019, 02:25 AM   #3590
Dave Rogers

The flatness is why they can see for miles and miles.
"So why do ships vanish below the horizon?"

"I can't explain."

Dave

- Myriad
Old 5th July 2019, 10:38 AM   #3591
Mycroft
High Priest of Ed

Isn't that basically how a bird's wings work?
Mycroft is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th July 2019, 11:02 AM   #3592
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
Isn't that basically how a bird's wings work?
Actually, no. Bird's wings (or any other wings) don't push on the air. They create a flow that causes a pressure difference.
Plenty of early human attempts at making aircraft tried to just push at air. It doesn't work.

Hans
Old 5th July 2019, 11:17 AM   #3593
GlennB
Loggerheaded, earth-vexing fustilarian

Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post
Actually, no. Bird's wings (or any other wings) don't push on the air. They create a flow that causes a pressure difference.
Plenty of early human attempts at making aircraft tried to just push at air. It doesn't work.

Hans
I get what you're saying about lift, but a bird's wings do push on air when taking off from the ground and at other times to gain height. Then there's hovering in the case of humming birds, where there's no flow caused by forward motion. As I recall, the feathers kind of hinge to present a 'solid' surface on the downbeat but a vented surface on the upbeat. In addition, the angle of the wing changes on the up/down beat.

Last edited by GlennB; 5th July 2019 at 11:18 AM.
GlennB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th July 2019, 11:47 AM   #3594
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by GlennB View Post
I get what you're saying about lift, but a bird's wings do push on air when taking off from the ground and at other times to gain height. Then there's hovering in the case of humming birds, where there's no flow caused by forward motion. As I recall, the feathers kind of hinge to present a 'solid' surface on the downbeat but a vented surface on the upbeat. In addition, the angle of the wing changes on the up/down beat.
A bird hovering (or rising vertically) is either using a mode where the wings are swept forward to create lift then swung backward where they do mostly push air but counter the backward momentum and crate some lift, or the advanced humming bird mode (not entirely restricted to humming birds) where the wings are swept in one direction, then pivoted round and swept in the other direction, creating lift in both directions.

Hans
Old 5th July 2019, 12:44 PM   #3595
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post
A bird hovering (or rising vertically) is either using a mode where the wings are swept forward to create lift then swung backward where they do mostly push air but counter the backward momentum and crate some lift, or the advanced humming bird mode (not entirely restricted to humming birds) where the wings are swept in one direction, then pivoted round and swept in the other direction, creating lift in both directions.

Hans
But neither type of bird works in a vacuum.
Old 5th July 2019, 02:39 PM   #3596
bknight
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post
Well, DUH.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th July 2019, 05:22 PM   #3597
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

Originally Posted by Gingervytes View Post
Yea they’re covering something alright
You are a liar.
A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th July 2019, 05:23 PM   #3598
EHocking
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post
On the other hand , flies can survive in a vacuum - but become walks.
Evidence is about the 4:30 mark.
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
You can't make up anything anymore. The world itself is a satire. All you're doing is recording it. Art Buchwald
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th July 2019, 05:37 PM   #3599
Elagabalus
Philosopher

Originally Posted by EHocking View Post
On the other hand , flies can survive in a vacuum - but become walks.
Evidence is about the 4:30 mark.
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
My classic Dyson™ DC07 All floors kills them instantly.
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th July 2019, 05:59 PM   #3600
EHocking
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Elagabalus View Post
My classic Dyson™ DC07 All floors kills them instantly.
Thats just false advertising then - calling it the Dyson Animal Vacuum.
You can't make up anything anymore. The world itself is a satire. All you're doing is recording it. Art Buchwald
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology