ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Economics, Business and Finance
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Reply
Old 16th February 2020, 10:42 AM   #521
Gaetan
Illuminator
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,472
Originally Posted by MarkCorrigan View Post
I think I'd prefer the lake of fire!
You prefer what you doesn't know you are talking about.
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2020, 10:59 AM   #522
Gaetan
Illuminator
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,472
In a world of no money there won't be useless work to produce stupid cosmetic that cause cancer and decease, no food in groceries full of colorants, preservatives to maximise profits but cause cancer, food full of pesticides, useless product made to make money but not useful appliance. There won't be a dozen of mark of printers to make the same job but just the best one, dozen marks of cars that pollute the environment but the best one for such duties as town drive, campagne, hard duties, no object not reparable or for one use will be done, no bankers or peoples tracking money, we'll save a lot of useless work in a world of no money and have more time off for pleasure.
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2020, 12:32 PM   #523
Leftus
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,593
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
Who is the liar? You finally admitted the truth.
It was sarcasm.

Again, even if I was lying, how does that mean you are not?

Feel free to review any of the questions I've asked you and address them.

I did not vote for Trump. Hell, I didn't even vote.

Won't vote for him this time around. Will likely throw away my vote and go 3rd party.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2020, 12:40 PM   #524
Leftus
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,593
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
In a world of no money there won't be useless work to produce stupid cosmetic that cause cancer and decease, no food in groceries full of colorants, preservatives to maximise profits but cause cancer, food full of pesticides, useless product made to make money but not useful appliance. There won't be a dozen of mark of printers to make the same job but just the best one, dozen marks of cars that pollute the environment but the best one for such duties as town drive, campagne, hard duties, no object not reparable or for one use will be done, no bankers or peoples tracking money, we'll save a lot of useless work in a world of no money and have more time off for pleasure.
Wait, people won't produce <insert item> here without a profit motive? Why would they produce anything at all? Preservatives prevents waste.

Who is going to decide which car is the "best?" I've got 2, for various reasons. One is a 4 door for when I need to take friends and family places, and the other is a 2 door for, well, just me? For someone who doesn't believe he should judge others, you are very judgmental in assuming I haven't bought the best cars for my situation.

If nobody is tracking money, how do you know I did my part to help the community and not just be dead weight?
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2020, 01:25 PM   #525
Gaetan
Illuminator
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,472
Originally Posted by Leftus View Post
Wait, people won't produce <insert item> here without a profit motive? Why would they produce anything at all? Preservatives prevents waste.
In the groceries market a lot of products are made only for profit to the detriment of health. Just because they taste good, without profit at the end they wouldn't make such products.

Quote:
Who is going to decide which car is the "best?" I've got 2, for various reasons. One is a 4 door for when I need to take friends and family places, and the other is a 2 door for, well, just me? For someone who doesn't believe he should judge others, you are very judgmental in assuming I haven't bought the best cars for my situation.
Best performance according to pollution, road, city drive, the best cars. There are cars better than others but because of high price they are not affordable, that won't be a stop because labor is free in a world of no money.

Quote:
If nobody is tracking money, how do you know I did my part to help the community and not just be dead weight?
We'll save a lot of work but there will still be something left to do to keep yourself busy, as tracking food not money and food.
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2020, 01:46 PM   #526
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster
 
The Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
Posts: 14,492
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
In the groceries market a lot of products are made only for profit to the detriment of health. Just because they taste good, without profit at the end they wouldn't make such products.
What, people suddenly won't like, or produce, things that taste good just because they taste good?

Are you claiming "In a world of no money" everything is going to taste like crap?

One of your claims has been that people will do what they like, doesn't that require they also produce what they like?

Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
Best performance according to pollution, road, city drive, the best cars.
Who's going to do all that testing and make that determination? Heck, how exactly do you even test cars that aren't produced?


Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
There are cars better than others but because of high price they are not affordable, that won't be a stop because labor is free in a world of no money.
No, more expensive cars aren't inherently "better" by any number of standards, except for primarily prestige and opulence.

How do peoples' personal standards of what is best fit into this fantasy? Again one of your claims has been that people will do what they like, doesn't that require they also produce what they like?


Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
We'll save a lot of work but there will still be something left to do to keep yourself busy, as tracking food not money and food.

Great so you'll just have people tracking everything else. What labor was it you're saving again? Oh that's right tracking the actual cost of things, either monetarily or not.

Guess what happens when you don't track the actual cost of things, either monetarily or not? You run out of stuff.
__________________
BRAINZZZZZZZZ
The Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2020, 02:22 PM   #527
Leftus
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,593
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
In the groceries market a lot of products are made only for profit to the detriment of health. Just because they taste good, without profit at the end they wouldn't make such products.
Utter nonsense. They make them because people want them. Healthy or not, they sell. People will still make them because people will ask / demand they do.

People will still make cookies and cakes because people like cookies and cakes. And they will put them in the general market as their work because, they aren't going to eat them all themselves. Probably.

They use preservatives so the food doesn't spoil before it can be sold. This prevents waste?

Quote:
Best performance according to pollution, road, city drive, the best cars. There are cars better than others but because of high price they are not affordable, that won't be a stop because labor is free in a world of no money.
There you go, judging what is best. Setting the metrics, for example. But back to my point from a while ago, I bought a used car because I didn't want to drop the coin on a new version. So when it broke down, why wouldn't I just replace it with a new version and scrap the old one rather that repair? Money prevents waste.

Quote:
We'll save a lot of work but there will still be something left to do to keep yourself busy, as tracking food not money and food.
Why are you judging the value the work of others? I thought you said you weren't qualified to do that?
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2020, 10:35 PM   #528
Little 10 Toes
Master Poster
 
Little 10 Toes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,081
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
Ok, i'll take a photo of his buying contract. The London Telegraph is a very serious newspaper, i don't think they would say it without checking.
How is this coming along Gaetan?
Little 10 Toes is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th February 2020, 07:23 AM   #529
Leftus
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,593
Originally Posted by Little 10 Toes View Post
How is this coming along Gaetan?
Photoshop is harder than he thought. Easier than admitting the lie, but still hard.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th February 2020, 07:24 AM   #530
Belz...
Fiend God
 
Belz...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the details
Posts: 88,913
Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
How about you actually answer my post, then? Or do you not have an answer to that trivial fact about human existence?
Oops. Guess not.
__________________
Master of the Shining Darkness

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward


Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th February 2020, 02:32 PM   #531
Little 10 Toes
Master Poster
 
Little 10 Toes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,081
I'm not concerned if it is a "lie" or not. He claimed something. He was provided evidence that it was wrong. He then said he has "proof". I'm waiting for that proof.

I would be 100% satisfied if he said he was wrong or ever if there isn't any proof of his claim.

But when would he ever do that? Hmmmmmmmmm?
Little 10 Toes is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th February 2020, 04:50 PM   #532
Leftus
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,593
Originally Posted by Little 10 Toes View Post
I'm not concerned if it is a "lie" or not. He claimed something. He was provided evidence that it was wrong. He then said he has "proof". I'm waiting for that proof.

I would be 100% satisfied if he said he was wrong or ever if there isn't any proof of his claim.

But when would he ever do that? Hmmmmmmmmm?
He will provide proof for his statements, shortly after the heat death of the universe. I'm not a doctor, but I wouldn't suggest holding my breath.

We both know the proof doesn't exist. So waiting for it is a fools errand.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th February 2020, 09:46 PM   #533
Gaetan
Illuminator
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,472
Originally Posted by Little 10 Toes View Post
I'm not concerned if it is a "lie" or not. He claimed something. He was provided evidence that it was wrong. He then said he has "proof". I'm waiting for that proof.

I would be 100% satisfied if he said he was wrong or ever if there isn't any proof of his claim.

But when would he ever do that? Hmmmmmmmmm?
There are proofs that Bloombergs spent 460 millions so far to buy votes, shame on people voting for him.

Last edited by Gaetan; 18th February 2020 at 09:47 PM.
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th February 2020, 10:02 PM   #534
Little 10 Toes
Master Poster
 
Little 10 Toes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,081
Why are changing the subject? Why can't you provide evidence? You said you would provide a picture of the signed contract?

Are you a liar? Why can't you provide "a photo of his buying contract" [sic]?
Little 10 Toes is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th February 2020, 07:45 AM   #535
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 19,860
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
There are proofs that Bloombergs spent 460 millions so far to buy votes, shame on people voting for him.
That is so deceptive it might as well be an outright lie.

The 460 million figure for his spend is correct. In Australian dollars.

It is 310 million US.

And it has not been spent on buying any votes at all. It goes on campaign staff, advertising, rallies etc.

Gaetan wrong again.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?


...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th February 2020, 08:07 AM   #536
Leftus
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,593
Originally Posted by Little 10 Toes View Post
Why are changing the subject? Why can't you provide evidence? You said you would provide a picture of the signed contract?

Are you a liar? Why can't you provide "a photo of his buying contract" [sic]?
Because Photoshop isn't included in windows, because bill gates, and paint is harder to make convincing fakes.

The other option is that he thought he was correct, but has zero evidence for it, and admitting being wrong is the impossible task. So he ignores it, as his custom.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th February 2020, 08:11 AM   #537
Leftus
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,593
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
There are proofs that Bloombergs spent 460 millions so far to buy votes, shame on people voting for him.
Bernie has spent 94 million doing the same. He has also spent 300 grand on private air travel, being a man of the people and all that. He is an elitist. People who travel via private planes aren't going to do away with money because it is that very thing that allows them to charter private planes.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th February 2020, 03:57 PM   #538
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 12,803
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
There are proofs that Bloombergs spent 460 millions so far to buy votes, shame on people voting for him.
If the election was between Mike B. and the jesus man who loves genocide, rape and slavery I'd vote for Mike.

BTW, when are you going to drop the ESL schtick?
__________________
Music is what feelings sound like

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th February 2020, 01:46 AM   #539
Gaetan
Illuminator
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,472
Originally Posted by BStrong View Post
If the election was between Mike B. and the jesus man who loves genocide, rape and slavery I'd vote for Mike.

BTW, when are you going to drop the ESL schtick?
I guess you didn't read the gospels.
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th February 2020, 01:48 AM   #540
Gaetan
Illuminator
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,472
Originally Posted by Leftus View Post
Bernie has spent 94 million doing the same. He has also spent 300 grand on private air travel, being a man of the people and all that. He is an elitist. People who travel via private planes aren't going to do away with money because it is that very thing that allows them to charter private planes.
Mr Sanders doesn't accept millions from rich, they are all small donators
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th February 2020, 08:10 AM   #541
Leftus
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,593
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
Mr Sanders doesn't accept millions from rich, they are all small donators
So Sanders is running on the back of the poor. Where Bloomberg isn't taking donations. Sanders is also stealing money from the dead. His graft knows no limit.

Sanders is, by his own measure, a major polluter. With his rampant use of private jets, which he identified as a major source of greenhouse gasses.

But, somehow, you will still defend him, despite being a abuser of the poor and overall monster to the environment.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th February 2020, 07:17 PM   #542
Gaetan
Illuminator
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,472
Originally Posted by Leftus View Post
So Sanders is running on the back of the poor. Where Bloomberg isn't taking donations. Sanders is also stealing money from the dead. His graft knows no limit.

Sanders is, by his own measure, a major polluter. With his rampant use of private jets, which he identified as a major source of greenhouse gasses.

But, somehow, you will still defend him, despite being a abuser of the poor and overall monster to the environment.
Shame on you, i see that you are working for the American Trump Gestapo and it doesn't matter if Gates, your stealing hero, has a boat of 300 millions it is still out of range.
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th February 2020, 10:24 PM   #543
Little 10 Toes
Master Poster
 
Little 10 Toes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,081
Shame on you for your lies and you lying.
Little 10 Toes is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st February 2020, 05:55 AM   #544
Gaetan
Illuminator
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,472
Originally Posted by Little 10 Toes View Post
Shame on you for your lies and you lying.
The money rich has is stolen money and he can always hide his boat behind his 147 millions house


From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


Bill Gates owns a mansion that overlooks Lake Washington in Medina, Washington. The 66,000-square-foot (6,100 m2) mansion is noted for its design and the technology it incorporates.[1]

In 2009, property taxes were reported to be US $1.063 million on a total assessed value of US $147.5 million.[2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Gates%27s_house

Last edited by Gaetan; 21st February 2020 at 05:57 AM.
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st February 2020, 06:18 AM   #545
Belz...
Fiend God
 
Belz...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the details
Posts: 88,913
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
Shame on you, i see that you are working for the American Trump Gestapo and it doesn't matter if Gates, your stealing hero, has a boat of 300 millions it is still out of range.
Why would it matter? You know that he actually spend that 300 million, which went to working people who built that boat, and then they spent that money on groceries and bills which also went to working people.

You don't seem to know how money works.
__________________
Master of the Shining Darkness

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward


Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st February 2020, 06:35 AM   #546
Gaetan
Illuminator
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,472
Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
Why would it matter? You know that he actually spend that 300 million, which went to working people who built that boat, and then they spent that money on groceries and bills which also went to working people.

You don't seem to know how money works.
The money just went to other stealers and there are something more useful to do than to build a 600 millions yacht, this is a completely useless work.
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st February 2020, 06:47 AM   #547
Belz...
Fiend God
 
Belz...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the details
Posts: 88,913
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
The money just went to other stealers and there are something more useful to do than to build a 600 millions yacht, this is a completely useless work.
Again: you simply don't understand. NOTHING is really useful except food, clothing and shelter. It's not for you to decide what he does with his money. Secondly, are you saying that everyone who uses money, including the poor and middle-class, is a "stealer"? If you're a stealer too, then what's your point?
__________________
Master of the Shining Darkness

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward


Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st February 2020, 07:42 AM   #548
Leftus
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,593
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
Shame on you, i see that you are working for the American Trump Gestapo and it doesn't matter if Gates, your stealing hero, has a boat of 300 millions it is still out of range.
If it doesn't matter, why do you continue to lie about it?

Sanders IS stealing from the dead. Specifically, people sign up for monthly donations, die, and Bernie keeps taking their money he no longer has the right to. Sanders is polluting by spending millions on private jets. And Bernie has raised cash from billionaires. Specifically, David Geffen.

Also, where is the photo of the purchase contract you promised? Too hard to fake?

Everything above is a FACT. Which is why you go for ad-hom attacks.

It's not the American Trump Gestapo, we prefer Internal Revenue Service. But I've been called worse.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st February 2020, 09:04 AM   #549
Joe Random
Master Poster
 
Joe Random's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,269
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
The money just went to other stealers and there are something more useful to do than to build a 600 millions yacht, this is a completely useless work.
... he said on an internet message board read by only a few hundred people.
Joe Random is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st February 2020, 09:43 AM   #550
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 12,803
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
I guess you didn't read the gospels.
Coming from a poster that makes up their version o the bible as they go along that's pretty (unintentionally) funny.

You want to claim the high moral ground while you sit in judgement of every other poster in the thread - what was that biblical line about not throwing stones?

Thanks for dropping your esl gag, if even for just a moment.
__________________
Music is what feelings sound like

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st February 2020, 11:38 AM   #551
Gaetan
Illuminator
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,472
Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
Again: you simply don't understand. NOTHING is really useful except food, clothing and shelter. It's not for you to decide what he does with his money.
There are poor without shelter, food, and clothes, he should take that into his account.


Quote:
Secondly, are you saying that everyone who uses money, including the poor and middle-class, is a "stealer"? If you're a stealer too, then what's your point?
Yes, not only me says that but also JC

Scripture Must Be Fulfilled in Jesus

Luke 22.35 And he said to them, “When I sent you out with no moneybag or knapsack or sandals, did you lack anything?” They said, “Nothing.” 36 He said to them, “But now let the one who has a moneybag take it, and likewise a knapsack. And let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and buy one. 37 For I tell you that this Scripture must be fulfilled in me: ‘And he was numbered with the transgressors.’ For what is written about me has its fulfillment.” ( Isaiah 53.12 ) 38 And they said, “Look, Lord, here are two swords.” And he said to them, “It is enough.”
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st February 2020, 11:53 AM   #552
Leftus
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,593
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
There are poor without shelter, food, and clothes, he should take that into his account.




Yes, not only me says that but also JC

Scripture Must Be Fulfilled in Jesus

Luke 22.35 And he said to them, “When I sent you out with no moneybag or knapsack or sandals, did you lack anything?” They said, “Nothing.” 36 He said to them, “But now let the one who has a moneybag take it, and likewise a knapsack. And let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and buy one. 37 For I tell you that this Scripture must be fulfilled in me: ‘And he was numbered with the transgressors.’ For what is written about me has its fulfillment.” ( Isaiah 53.12 ) 38 And they said, “Look, Lord, here are two swords.” And he said to them, “It is enough.”
If JC didn't give two ***** about them, why should any of us? JC had the power to create something, anything, out of nothing but kept his people poor and hungry. Almost like that was on purpose. The power to change and mold the world with a thought and still, death and famine.


In short, who are we to question the judgement of JC who left this system on earth on purpose?

Last edited by Leftus; 21st February 2020 at 12:08 PM.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2020, 08:39 AM   #553
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster
 
The Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
Posts: 14,492
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
The money just went to other stealers and there are something more useful to do than to build a 600 millions yacht, this is a completely useless work.

However, in your no money world you claim people can do whatever work they like. So in that situation if they want to do what you consider "useless work" (like building a real fancy yacht) you wouldn't have a problem with that?

Any answer you give simply makes you a hypocrite.

Why do you want to be a hypocrite and unjust?
__________________
BRAINZZZZZZZZ
The Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2020, 09:53 AM   #554
Gaetan
Illuminator
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,472
Originally Posted by The Man View Post
However, in your no money world you claim people can do whatever work they like. So in that situation if they want to do what you consider "useless work" (like building a real fancy yacht) you wouldn't have a problem with that?

Any answer you give simply makes you a hypocrite.

Why do you want to be a hypocrite and unjust?
Why in a world of no money people would spend work and ressources for a useless work? To please who? Who could claim a boat like that? Shame on him. There won't be rich or poor.

Your body cheats at golf:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...heats-new-book

Last edited by Gaetan; 23rd February 2020 at 10:05 AM.
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2020, 10:23 AM   #555
Leftus
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,593
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
Why in a world of no money people would spend work and ressources for a useless work? To please who? Who could claim a boat like that? Shame on him. There won't be rich or poor.

Your body cheats at golf:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...heats-new-book
If there is no cost, there is no "spending" Remember? Because it is free. How is it when it's something that you don't approve of, all of a sudden there is an opportunity cost. When it's something else, people will enslave themselves to fulfill your wants and demands?

With no demands on my time, remember nobody is tracking my work, I'd certainly claim a boat like that. Why wouldn't I? Jesus would.

I don't play golf anymore, so I don't cheat at it. As far as Trump cheating at golf, really don't care since I don't play with / against him. I don't care if you think Reed cheated at golf. I don't care that the Patriots cheated, or even that the Astros cheated.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2020, 12:29 PM   #556
Gaetan
Illuminator
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,472
Originally Posted by Leftus View Post

I don't play golf anymore, so I don't cheat at it. As far as Trump cheating at golf, really don't care since I don't play with / against him. I don't care if you think Reed cheated at golf. I don't care that the Patriots cheated, or even that the Astros cheated.
You doesn't feel in shame to give your vote to somebody cheating and lying. The Washington post recorded his lies, it is over 15,000

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ims-over-days/

Last edited by Gaetan; 23rd February 2020 at 12:35 PM.
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2020, 12:50 PM   #557
Leftus
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,593
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
You doesn't feel in shame to give your vote to somebody cheating and lying. The Washington post recorded his lies, it is over 15,000

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ims-over-days/
Again with the lie that I voted for him? Since you have zero shame in your lies, let's just go with the Bill Gates bought some yacht, why should anyone have any shame for theirs? Seems a touch hypocritical. Since you believe that I voted for Trump and lie about it, why would you think I would feel shame?

I've not relied on any of his promises. In fact, I start with the basic assumption that everything someone in politics states is a lie. It's safer that way. So since I've started from the point that I think he is lying about everything, and haven't relied on anything he has said, why should I care?
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2020, 01:36 PM   #558
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster
 
The Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
Posts: 14,492
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
Why in a world of no money people would spend work and ressources for a useless work?
Ah, so "useless work" costs "work and ressources". Thank you for once again asserting the existence of non-monetary costs. Though you are similarly likely to just ignore them again later. Would you like to guess what useful work costs as well?


Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
To please who? Who could claim a boat like that? Shame on him. There won't be rich or poor.
As noted before and in keeping with your assertion of people working as they want, to please themselves and they would normally have a claim to it (having built it), but it is your fantasy.

Heck, after building it they can even work as crew giving others pleasure cruises. Reverting your own intended shaming back onto you.

Why are you so shamefully hypocritical and unjust in your fantasy?




Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post

My body doesn't play golf.
__________________
BRAINZZZZZZZZ
The Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2020, 03:02 PM   #559
Gaetan
Illuminator
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,472
Originally Posted by The Man View Post
Ah, so "useless work" costs "work and ressources".
It is not a cost it is a waste of time and resources that could be more useful
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2020, 03:09 PM   #560
Leftus
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,593
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
It is not a cost it is a waste of time and resources that could be more useful
How is it a waste if resources are "free"?
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Economics, Business and Finance

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:21 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.