ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , john bolton , lawsuits

Old 15th September 2020, 08:29 AM   #321
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

I don't think Trump wants anything actually going to trial. Discovery, and all that.
Old 15th September 2020, 08:46 AM   #322
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Firestone View Post
Some news:
"Justice Dept. Opens Criminal Inquiry Into John Boltonís Book
Investigators are examining whether the former national security adviser illegally disclosed classified information."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/15/u...stigation.html

Trying very hard to not indulge in some schadenfreude 😇
Just window dressing. Discovery would be a cast iron bitch the administration. That, and they don't want to risk a repeat of the humiliation of their failure to secure an indictment against McCabe.
Old 15th September 2020, 12:01 PM   #323
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Just window dressing. Discovery would be a cast iron bitch the administration. That, and they don't want to risk a repeat of the humiliation of their failure to secure an indictment against McCabe.
These.

1. The White House is not immune to discovery

2. I can't see anything but the tiniest chance of getting a true bill

If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2020, 08:45 PM   #324
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Some more legal wranglings about the book...

A former National Security Council official who while working there reviewed John Bolton’s memoir for classified information before publication, has claimed that White House lawyers tried to pressure her into signing misleading statements to prevent the publication of the book.
Knight’s lawyers allege that White House officials then conducted their own review of Bolton’s revised manuscript and claimed it still contained classified information, in a process that Knight called “fundamentally flawed”. Knight alleges that the officials then tried “to get her to admit that she and her team had missed something or made a mistake”, which could be used to support their argument to block publication.

Not surprising there was some shady stuff going on.

Supposedly the judge in the case did not assign much weight to the claims of undue interference by the Trump administration, but I don't quite know the reasoning why.

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics