ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 4th September 2020, 03:53 PM   #41
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Emily's Cat View Post
I think I'm with you on this, assuming I've grokked the point, which is at best a shaky assumptions...
The point being, the brazen collusion in 2016 (that you somehow managed to not know about), not to mention the attempt to strong arm Ukraine, were bold steps down a path to madness.
Old 4th September 2020, 04:20 PM   #42
Emily's Cat
Rarely prone to hissy-fits

Originally Posted by varwoche View Post
The point being, the brazen collusion in 2016 (that you somehow managed to not know about), not to mention the attempt to strong arm Ukraine, were bold steps down a path to madness.
There wasn't any brazen collusion. There was Russian interference via social media, definitely. But there wasn't the kind of collusion that was way overplayed in the media. I read Mueller's report. I'll give you obstruction, definitely, but no collusion.
Old 6th September 2020, 05:49 PM   #43
ChristianProgressive
Master Poster

Foreign citizens should encourage their governments to oppose the US by any means they have available and advocate for us to be brought under UN authority as a rogue nation.
"As it was in the days of Noah, so will it be at the coming of the Son of Man." - Matthew 24:37

"And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh." - Luke 21:28
ChristianProgressive is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th September 2020, 05:52 PM   #44
Ron Obvious
Thinker

Originally Posted by ChristianProgressive View Post
Foreign citizens should encourage their governments to oppose the US by any means they have available and advocate for us to be brought under UN authority as a rogue nation.
Well, if you want Trump to actually WIN in November, yeah.
Ron Obvious is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th September 2020, 06:03 PM   #45
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by ChristianProgressive View Post
OLOL. What exactly do you imagine UN authority is? Rogue nation from what?
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th September 2020, 06:04 PM   #46
Minoosh
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by varwoche View Post
I think people miss the point that there was a Russian plot, i.e., collusion, to interfere.

Trump's "no collusion" declarations caused many to believe that there was no attempted Russian interference at all, which even Republican senators agree did occur.
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th September 2020, 10:42 PM   #47
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Moreover, we know about ...

(1) "Russia if you're listening..." They were.
(2) Manafort providing Russian Intel with polling data
(3) Stone as intermediary to Wikileaks
(4) Infamous meeting in Trump Tower ... "I love it!"

No collusion = steaming BS of a high order.
Old 7th September 2020, 10:25 AM   #48
pharphis
Master Poster

Maybe I'm too nihilistic but I struggle to see how people can both feel informed enough regarding their local politics and other non-local politics and have the time to engage in both (or perhaps just the foreign politics?). I can't keep up with any of this stuff.
pharphis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics