ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Logan Paul , We The Unicorns , YouTube incidents

Old 3rd January 2018, 10:52 AM   #1
esspee
black goo

LOGAN PAUL suicide forest VIDEO is a HOAX

I think that it is highly likely that LOGAN PAUL's 'Suicide forest' video is in fact a hoax.

I think it is a brilliant viral hoax, with the whole internet and mainstream media now giving him a lot of coverage over this.

If you do not know what i am talking about this is a good introduction https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyihHuINXC4 (not my video) and if you watch one of the re-uploads of the original Logan Paul video you may agree with me that it seems incredibly prank like.

If you disagree with my opinion feel free to make your argument below.

(p.s. Here is his official apology video too, assuming i am right, he did well to keep a straight https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwZT7T-TXT0 )

esspee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2018, 11:04 AM   #2
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by esspee View Post

I think that it is highly likely that LOGAN PAUL's 'Suicide forest' video is in fact a hoax.

I think it is a brilliant viral hoax, with the whole internet and mainstream media now giving him a lot of coverage over this.

If you do not know what i am talking about this is a good introduction https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyihHuINXC4 (not my video) and if you watch one of the re-uploads of the original Logan Paul video you may agree with me that it seems incredibly prank like.

(p.s. Here is his official apology video too, assuming i am right, he did well to keep a straight https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwZT7T-TXT0 )

And begin another thread like your Flyboard thread???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cS5aCozhcA
Giordano is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2018, 11:22 AM   #3
esspee
black goo

no, nothing will ever be as good as that thread.

just putting some feelers out for peoples general opinions and counter arguments so that i can address such concerns and test out my position prior to publishing the video i am currently making
esspee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2018, 11:28 AM   #4
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

I think that your video claiming it to be a hoax will be a hoax.
"The Conservatives want to keep wogs out and march boldly back to the 1950s when Britain still had an Empire and blacks, women, poofs and Irish knew their place." The Don That's what we've sunk to here.

Last edited by MikeG; 3rd January 2018 at 11:42 AM.
MikeG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2018, 11:38 AM   #5
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

no, nothing will ever be as good as that thread.

just putting some feelers out for peoples general opinions and counter arguments so that i can address such concerns and test out my position prior to publishing the video i am currently making
Counterarguments? Your entire "argument" is that it seems "prank like." which, is of course not an argument.

What did the police who were seen in the video say when you alerted them to your "opinion" that it was a "hoax'?

Thanks fellas!
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2018, 11:41 AM   #6
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

just putting some feelers out for peoples general opinions
My opinion is that you are a scam.
Old 3rd January 2018, 11:59 AM   #7
esspee
black goo

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Counterarguments? Your entire "argument" is that it seems "prank like." which, is of course not an argument.

What did the police who were seen in the video say when you alerted them to your "opinion" that it was a "hoax'?
thank you, exactly the kind of feedback i wanted.

my position is of course that the police will be actors.

or actual emergency services going to a real suicide

Last edited by esspee; 3rd January 2018 at 12:05 PM.
Old 3rd January 2018, 12:01 PM   #8
esspee
black goo

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
My opinion is that you are a scam.

I was wrong about the flyboad.
BUt
i will clear my good name and receive much commiseration kudos's when it comes out that this hanging man was a hoax all along.

Old 3rd January 2018, 12:05 PM   #9
esspee
black goo

Old 3rd January 2018, 12:05 PM   #10
applecorped
Rotten to the Core

Yeah torpedoing your, ahem, career is really smart.
Old 3rd January 2018, 12:14 PM   #11
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

You perhaps anticipated my response, but your "position" is quite irrelevant.

Until you have contacted the police, you simply wasting our time. let me know what you find out.

Thanks fellas!
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2018, 01:39 PM   #12
The Greater Fool
Illuminator

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way
My thoughts:

This seems to me to be an attention whore thread about an attention whore;
Old 3rd January 2018, 01:42 PM   #13
carlitos
"más divertido"

Grammar / spelling / formatting continues to be a leading indicator of conspiracy thinking.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2018, 01:43 PM   #14
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!

Well, it's a half hoax, It'll be a full hoax once Guinness world record gets involved.

Espee I'm a little disappointed with this recent grab for attention.
----------------------------------------------
“That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.” -Christopher Hitchens-
Nay_Sayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2018, 01:45 PM   #15
esspee
black goo

Originally Posted by The Greater Fool View Post
My thoughts:

attention whoring is what makes the internet go around
Old 3rd January 2018, 01:46 PM   #16
esspee
black goo

Originally Posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
Well, it's a half hoax, It'll be a full hoax once Guinness world record gets involved.

Espee I'm a little disappointed with this recent grab for attention.
not an attention grab, just want to put it down on record that i think it is a hoax.

And redeem my kudos tokens here
Old 3rd January 2018, 01:56 PM   #17
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

.......redeem my kudos tokens here
Where did you steal those from?
"The Conservatives want to keep wogs out and march boldly back to the 1950s when Britain still had an Empire and blacks, women, poofs and Irish knew their place." The Don That's what we've sunk to here.
MikeG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2018, 02:00 PM   #18
The Greater Fool
Illuminator

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way
For attention whores, 'tis true.
Old 3rd January 2018, 02:00 PM   #19
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

not an attention grab, just want to put it down on record that i think it is a hoax.

And redeem my kudos tokens here
He's a youtube "star," I cannot imagine anyone would care at all if it were a hoax or not.

Thanks fellas!
Old 3rd January 2018, 02:06 PM   #20
esspee
black goo

For attention whores, 'tis true.

its mostly an entertainment platform

people need to create that entertainment
Old 3rd January 2018, 02:09 PM   #21
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Until you have contacted the police, you simply wasting our time. let me know what you find out.
It may not be possible to verify it...

Originally Posted by Japan Today
Masaki Ito, spokesman for the Yamanashi prefectural police, said people aren't obligated to report a body, but police were interested in talking to Paul as a suicide may be involved. But local police overseeing the forest area in Paul's video declined comment Wednesday. Japanese police generally do not comment on suicides...

https://japantoday.com/category/nati...igahara-forest
Old 3rd January 2018, 02:30 PM   #22
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

BUt
i will clear my good name and receive much commiseration kudos's when it comes out that this hanging man was a hoax all along.

Your name already isn't clear good because of the Kangaroo Punch Video.
Old 3rd January 2018, 02:36 PM   #23
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

You could contact editors of the English-language news in Japan to see if any verification is possible. Also you could try with this suicide prevention organization...

Originally Posted by Japan Times
Jiro Ito, who runs the Tokyo-based youth suicide prevention group Ova, told The Japan Times on Wednesday that Paul’s act “raises serious issues from the point of suicide prevention” and is in clear violation of the World Heath Organization guidelines on how the media should report on the issue...

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/20...e-suicide-spot
Old 3rd January 2018, 02:44 PM   #24
smartcooky
Philosopher

My thoughts:

Oh, there's an attention whore alright!
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2018, 02:55 PM   #25
Jimmy9
Scholar

I dunno, but his reactions in the video seem very strange.

Until they become conscious, they will never rebel.
Jimmy9 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2018, 03:30 PM   #26
fuelair
Suspended

Only for tools and fools. The intelligent pay little attention to it!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2018, 03:34 PM   #27
fuelair
Suspended

Except of course places that deny that trolls can be identified - like here at ISF!!

Note, that does not refer to any identified person or to any identified/ongoing thread/thread series. But it is certainly incontrovertible fact that such exist - even here on ISF.
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2018, 03:36 PM   #28
fuelair
Suspended

BUt

Who actually cares about this hanging man thread?

Note: I was aware of the flyboard thread but was completely uninterested. Saw vids on tv but just figured I have no interest in one if it works - and even less if it doesn't. Same applies to hanging man. Now, admittedly I am interested in Burning Man though!!!!!

Last edited by fuelair; 3rd January 2018 at 03:39 PM.
Old 3rd January 2018, 03:39 PM   #29
fuelair
Suspended

My thoughts:

Likely!!!
Old 3rd January 2018, 03:41 PM   #30
fuelair
Suspended

He's a youtube "star," I cannot imagine anyone would care at all if it were a hoax or not.
You Tube stars are a dime a hundred!!!!
Old 3rd January 2018, 04:13 PM   #31
Hans
Philosopher

だめです

Yawn.....out looking for attention again huh? I was born in Japan - you're being able to verify a suicide will be very difficult unless you are part of the immediate family........ and I am going to presume you are not....lol

Last edited by Hans; 3rd January 2018 at 04:15 PM.
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2018, 04:19 PM   #32
esspee
black goo

Originally Posted by Hans View Post
だめです

Yawn.....out looking for attention again huh? I was born in Japan - you're being able to verify a suicide will be very difficult unless you are part of the immediate family........ and I am going to presume you are not....lol
Logan is front page internet/youtube/social media news, and even being mentioned on terrestrial tv shows.

That is a lot of eyes.

So i do not need to do any research.

Many many others will do it, and they will reveal this hoax, if Logan Paul does not reveal it soon himself.

...and then i will redeem my kudos tokens here
Old 3rd January 2018, 04:29 PM   #33
fagin
Philosopher

Yay?
Old 3rd January 2018, 04:49 PM   #34
Whip
Muse

who?
Whip is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2018, 05:10 PM   #35
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

So i do not need to do any research.
Yes, you do. Start with the ones I mentioned.

Quote:
Many many others will do it, and they will reveal this hoax, if Logan Paul does not reveal it soon himself.
When will Logan reveal it? Give a date.

The Kangaroo Punch Video has still not been revealed as a hoax and that's contrary to the strategy that you said was being used - yet you still count it as a hoax.

There is way too much dishonesty and weasel behavior in your approach to these videos that you claim are fakes.
Old 3rd January 2018, 05:16 PM   #36
esspee
black goo

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
Yes, you do. Start with the ones I mentioned.

When will Logan reveal it? Give a date.

The Kangaroo Punch Video has still not been revealed as a hoax and that's contrary to the strategy that you said was being used - yet you still count it as a hoax.

There is way too much dishonesty and weasel behavior in your approach to these videos that you claim are fakes.
thanks to this thread i have chosen th followinig approach to my video.

i can't link it coz of mods here, but it is called 'LOGAN PAUL HOAX ( suicide forest ) 16 clues.'
Old 3rd January 2018, 05:20 PM   #37
fagin
Philosopher

Why would I want to watch a knobhead laughing at a suicide?
Old 3rd January 2018, 10:16 PM   #38
smartcooky
Philosopher

Originally Posted by fagin View Post
Why would I want to watch a knobhead laughing at a suicide?
That's the word I was trying to think of....
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th January 2018, 05:34 AM   #39
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

A Youtube prankster makes a video. Could it be a prank? He says it's not. Stay tuned.

No thank you. There's an excellent chance that it's legit. There are years when suicides in Aokigahara average one every 3 days. Someone must discover the bodies. Why not this doofus?

But why should anyone care? We have an attention whore who may or may not have made a prank video (but who makes prank videos all the time and takes full credit for their prankiness, right in the titles).
Edited by jsfisher:  ...snip... Edited for compliance with rules 0 and 12 of the Membership Agreement.

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.

Last edited by jsfisher; 6th January 2018 at 09:52 AM.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th January 2018, 05:48 AM   #40
Porpoise of Life
Illuminator

You didn't alert the police because the people you'd reach would be actors, who have somehow hijacked the actual police's telephone line?
That's one big, expensive conspiracy right there...

No, it isn't. Your position can't be that it's clearly all a hoax, or it's not a hoax. That isn't any kind of position at all.
Porpoise of Life is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories