ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Notices

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING! , donald trump , lying charges , Russia conspiracies , Trump controversies , Trump-Russia connections , US-Russia relations , vladimir putin

Closed Thread
Old 27th December 2017, 01:04 PM   #201
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Originally Posted by Crossbow View Post
If you can ever figure out what it is that you are bitching about, then please let the rest of us know.

It seems like you are trapped in some strange loop. There isn't a "rest of us", it's only you. And you seem to have forgotten how to parse basic English. For your orientation, I would guess it is the 11th time you used that confused return on me now.
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 27th December 2017, 01:42 PM   #202
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
It seems like you are trapped in some strange loop. There isn't a "rest of us", it's only you. And you seem to have forgotten how to parse basic English. For your orientation, I would guess it is the 11th time you used that confused return on me now.
In case you have not noticed, your postings can be seen by literally everyone who has access to the Forum. Therefore, there is an "us".

In any event, you have bitching about a subject where you get your information from crap sources of information. And now you are bitching about a book that you have not even read.

So if you can ever figure out just what it is that you are bitching about, then please let the rest of us know.

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 27th December 2017, 01:54 PM   #203
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

^ makes the dozen full, which is when Trump will be brought down by pre$$titutes as Killary announced in Russian language in a cave under a pizza booth in DC two years to the day ago.
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 27th December 2017, 02:38 PM   #204
Ambrosia
Good of the Fods

you seem to have forgotten how to parse basic English.
^ makes the dozen full, which is when Trump will be brought down by pre$$titutes as Killary announced in Russian language in a cave under a pizza booth in DC two years to the day ago.
Any chance of you using basic English in your posts?

calling people stupid names, 'edgily' altering names by switching letters for $¥m&õ£$ and using portmanteau just makes you look childish.

I'd also recommend looking into some better quality source material if you'd prefer to be taken seriously.
Ambrosia is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 27th December 2017, 02:57 PM   #205
Polaris
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Ambrosia View Post

calling people stupid names, 'edgily' altering names by switching letters for $¥m&õ£$ and using portmanteau just makes you look childish.

I'd also recommend looking into some better quality source material if you'd prefer to be taken seriously.
Translation of CE's posts: Russia is always right and good, Western press is always lying (and well paid for it, too), and Western leaders are always criminals and murderers unless they suck Putin's ****.
"There's vastly more truth to be found in rocks than in holy books. Rocks are far superior, in fact, because you can DEMONSTRATE the truth found in rocks. Plus, they're pretty. Holy books are just heavy." - Dinwar

"Let your ears hear this beautiful song that's hiding underneath the sound," Ed Kowalczyk.
Polaris is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 27th December 2017, 03:16 PM   #206
Crossbow

Instead of posting gibberish try making sense.

Or as I have said before:

If you can ever figure out what it is that you are bitching about, then please let the rest of us know.

Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 27th December 2017, 03:28 PM   #207
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

I have two words to.assist in interpretation.

"No planer"

For further research into this peculiar world view, please consult the 9/11 Conspiracy sub-forum
Old 27th December 2017, 05:17 PM   #208
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing

No, he stole material from the subversive English-language Moscow-based eXile magazine back in the days when he was The Guardian's Moscow correspondent and published it there under his name. It was so obvious that the propaganda rag even apologized. Harding then fled Moscow in a hilarious nervous breakdown (he wasn't "kicked out" like he claims in the video).
You didn't wtiness that "hilarious nervous breakdown", did you? You just read about it and clutched it to your breast. Not just because it denigrates the author, and so, by your lights, discredits the book, but because it actually gives you pleasure to hear and believe it. Be honest, it does, doesn't it?

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 27th December 2017, 05:23 PM   #209
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by LSSBB View Post
I have two words to.assist in interpretation.

"No planer"

For further research into this peculiar world view, please consult the 9/11 Conspiracy sub-forum
I suspect the "no collusion" movement will have similar longevity.

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 27th December 2017, 06:25 PM   #210
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Thanks for your concern. If you are unable to decipher my humour in response to the parrots, I recommend you stick to my "source material" to learn something, as the "source material" of the parrots is what has apparently deceived you in the first place and constantly emerges from every medium you likely use in addition to these fine threads.
Old 27th December 2017, 06:35 PM   #211
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Originally Posted by CapelDodger View Post
You didn't wtiness that "hilarious nervous breakdown", did you? You just read about it and clutched it to your breast. Not just because it denigrates the author, and so, by your lights, discredits the book, but because it actually gives you pleasure to hear and believe it. Be honest, it does, doesn't it?

I witnessed it as it is still on the Guardian website in all its "enemy of the state" glory. And I wouldn't enjoy it if I would take it seriously and wouldn't know what he was up to before (including stealing Ames and Taibbi's work). He's a "hack in the purest sense" as I think Assange called him. Or "story teller" as he called himself in the video interview I posted.

Last edited by Childlike Empress; 27th December 2017 at 06:38 PM.
Old 27th December 2017, 07:26 PM   #212
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

I witnessed it as it is still on the Guardian website in all its "enemy of the state" glory. And I wouldn't enjoy it if I would take it seriously and wouldn't know what he was up to before (including stealing Ames and Taibbi's work). He's a "hack in the purest sense" as I think Assange called him. Or "story teller" as he called himself in the video interview I posted.
Ah, so you read that and inferred, all by your lonesome, a hilarious nervous breakdown rather than what the article explicitly said.

Which makes your clinging to this description even more pathetic than had you read it elsewhere and wanted to believe.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 27th December 2017, 07:35 PM   #213
Crossbow

Thanks for your concern. If you are unable to decipher my humour in response to the parrots, I recommend you stick to my "source material" to learn something, as the "source material" of the parrots is what has apparently deceived you in the first place and constantly emerges from every medium you likely use in addition to these fine threads.
Do yourself a favor by writing posts that that actually make sense as opposed to posting stupid crap that you find to be amusing.

Old 27th December 2017, 07:46 PM   #214
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
Ah, so you read that and inferred, all by your lonesome, a hilarious nervous breakdown rather than what the article explicitly said.

Rule of so. Ever heard of eXile? I read his breakdown in context when it happened. And you are mouthing off about something you never heard of before, just because you feel insecure about the boomerang. I'm here for you to feel better.
Old 27th December 2017, 07:52 PM   #215
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Do yourself a favor by writing posts that that actually make sense as opposed to posting stupid crap that you find to be amusing.

Don't tell me what to do, buddy. Why would that do me a favour (forgot about that English thing already?) anyway? Writing posts that make sense to you? And I don't find amusing? Sound like a crappy plan to me.
Old 28th December 2017, 12:58 AM   #216
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Perhaps you could explain what you think the significance of your latest line of posting is, Empress? So far you linked to an interview with the author of a book that says things you disagree with, then you've said that the author is a plagiarist, and that he had a mental break down in the past. Okay, so what? Nobody had mentioned him before you brought him up. If everything in that book is plagiarised or is something he invented, what significance would that have to anything that's going on?

It seems to me that the only real take away, if we take every post of yours at face value and accept all the arguments therein, is not to cite this particular author as a cite. Okay, nobody will going forwards, just as nobody did before you brought him up. So what?
Old 28th December 2017, 06:23 AM   #217
Crossbow

Don't tell me what to do, buddy. Why would that do me a favour (forgot about that English thing already?) anyway? Writing posts that make sense to you? And I don't find amusing? Sound like a crappy plan to me.
In the first place, I did not tell you what to do. Instead, I gave you some advice on how to avoid writing crap postings.

There is a substantial difference between these two concepts.

In the second place, you can expect me to continue to call out crap when I see it.

Old 28th December 2017, 06:35 AM   #218
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy

With the holidays, I've fallen behind in my lurking.

I take it there are folks who don't believe that the Trump campaign was working with the Russians, but are any still denying that there was contact between the two? Is anyone denying that the Russians were actively helping the Trump campaign and the GOP in general?
Old 28th December 2017, 06:43 AM   #219
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Upchurch View Post

I take it there are folks who don't believe that the Trump campaign was working with the Russians, but are any still denying that there was contact between the two? Is anyone denying that the Russians were actively helping the Trump campaign and the GOP in general?
The primary groups making those arguments (intelligence agencies) do not present all their evidence in an open and honest way. So I dismiss their argument until they do.
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 28th December 2017, 06:51 AM   #220
Crossbow

As far as I can tell, even the ardent Trump supporters have conceded the now obvious fact that there were at least a few highly placed people in the Trump campaign who were in collusion with the Russians in order to help Trump win the election.

However, since there is no 'smoking gun' (as least one has not been discovered thus far) which shows that Trump himself was in collusion with the Russians, therefore the ardent Trump supporters like to claim that there was not any collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russians.

I know that the logic of the Trump supporters is rather odd, but that is the best sense that I can make of it.

Old 28th December 2017, 06:58 AM   #221
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

As far as I can tell, even the ardent Trump supporters have conceded the now obvious fact that there were at least a few highly placed people in the Trump campaign who were in collusion with the Russians in order to help Trump win the election.

I don't think we have that. There is evidence of a willingness to collude, but you don't have the smoking gun of a handshake, either.
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 28th December 2017, 07:11 AM   #222
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Nobody is denying that the Russians preferred Trump over Killary, not least because of his campaign promises about trying to fix the relationship that had so much suffered due to the machinations of mostly Obama's State Department and CIA.

As to the "Collusion" conspiracy theory, at the forefront of research is now who did what in the small group which hoaxed that CT. The FBI side is pretty clear, the DoJ side is under increasing open source investigation at the moment.

As a main goal of the hoax dossier was to get a warrant to spy on the political opponent, which was successful and led to the gotcha! moments with Flynn and Papadopoulus, it is totally clear that no surprise revelations are to come from the Mueller investigation. Because if there were a there there, we would know for a long time already, thanks to the surveillance.

The revelations to expect are in the investigation of the conspirators to hoax a conspiracy.

Results due in January.

Last edited by Childlike Empress; 28th December 2017 at 07:14 AM.
Old 28th December 2017, 07:17 AM   #223
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

As a main goal of the hoax dossier was to get a warrant to spy on the political opponent
Also no proof.

ETA: I mean smoking gun. I wanted to mirror my previous post.

Last edited by BobTheCoward; 28th December 2017 at 07:22 AM.
Old 28th December 2017, 07:29 AM   #224
Crazy Chainsaw
Illuminator

Nobody is denying that the Russians preferred Trump over Killary, not least because of his campaign promises about trying to fix the relationship that had so much suffered due to the machinations of mostly Obama's State Department and CIA.

As to the "Collusion" conspiracy theory, at the forefront of research is now who did what in the small group which hoaxed that CT. The FBI side is pretty clear, the DoJ side is under increasing open source investigation at the moment.

As a main goal of the hoax dossier was to get a warrant to spy on the political opponent, which was successful and led to the gotcha! moments with Flynn and Papadopoulus, it is totally clear that no surprise revelations are to come from the Mueller investigation. Because if there were a there there, we would know for a long time already, thanks to the surveillance.

The revelations to expect are in the investigation of the conspirators to hoax a conspiracy.

Results due in January.
The Dossier probably didn't have much to do with the Warrant since it was known Flynn Lied, as did Manafort to the State department.
That along with CIA monitoring of Russian Communications was sufficient for the Warrant The Dossier, is just another distraction.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 28th December 2017, 07:35 AM   #225
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Because if there were a there there, we would know for a long time already, thanks to the surveillance.
You're making the same mistake that the Russian propaganda sites you like linking to do - of assuming that the fact that information hasn't been released publicly is the same thing as no information existing. You don't know what colour my eyes are, but that doesn't mean that my eyes are colourless.
Old 28th December 2017, 07:55 AM   #226
Crossbow

Originally Posted by BobTheCoward View Post
I don't think we have that. There is evidence of a willingness to collude, but you don't have the smoking gun of a handshake, either.
I do not know what you are talking about.

Old 28th December 2017, 07:57 AM   #227
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

I do not know what you are talking about.
It isn't clear that there was collusion. It is clear they wanted to collude.you mentioned smoking guns. There isn't a smoking gun that a successful agreement or understanding was reached.
Old 28th December 2017, 08:06 AM   #228
Crossbow

It isn't clear that there was collusion. It is clear they wanted to collude.you mentioned smoking guns. There isn't a smoking gun that a successful agreement or understanding was reached.
Well then, since you insist that torture is constitutional, I guess you have forgotten about the meeting between that Donald Trump Jr., Jared Kushner, and Paul Manafort had with a Russian lawyer who claimed to have documents and incriminating information about Hillary Clinton.

This is just one of several examples of highly placed Trump campaign officials colluding with Russia.

Old 28th December 2017, 08:18 AM   #229
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

Well then, since you insist that torture is constitutional, I guess you have forgotten about the meeting between that Donald Trump Jr., Jared Kushner, and Paul Manafort had with a Russian lawyer who claimed to have documents and incriminating information about Hillary Clinton.

This is just one of several examples of highly placed Trump campaign officials colluding with Russia.
But there is nothing that proves they shook hands on collusion. All parties deny it. You have no recording of the meeting. You have no secret communication after the meeting detailing a plan. It isn't a smoking gun. It is clear willingness to collude (what I said). You really don't have something to prove they are wrong about the proposed scenario that she lied to discuss the adoption law.

Torture, under certain circumstances, is absolutely constitutional.

Last edited by BobTheCoward; 28th December 2017 at 08:20 AM.
Old 28th December 2017, 09:18 AM   #230
plague311
Great minds think...

But there is nothing that proves they shook hands on collusion. All parties deny it. You have no recording of the meeting. You have no secret communication after the meeting detailing a plan. It isn't a smoking gun. It is clear willingness to collude (what I said). You really don't have something to prove they are wrong about the proposed scenario that she lied to discuss the adoption law.

This is the most nonsensical defense of anything I've ever seen in my entire life. You're basically saying that they had every desire to do it, but didn't because...huh? This "smoking gun" ******** is just that. It's burying ones head in the sand in order to deny the reality happening all over. People have been arrested, emails have come out, there is a consistent trail leading to arrests. Why? Why even bother making such a flaccid argument?

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 28th December 2017, 09:24 AM   #231
Crossbow

True, I do not have a recording of this meeting. But as I said, this was just one case of many which show high Trump officials colluding with the Russians.

Further, this may be news to an incredibly smart person like yourself, but criminals often deny that they did something criminal. Just like many people who have used torture deny that they did anything illegal by using torture.

Therefore, one needs to be quite careful about using statements from people doing criminal acts in order to serve justice.

Old 28th December 2017, 09:29 AM   #232
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
You're making the same mistake that the Russian propaganda sites you like linking to do - of assuming that the fact that information hasn't been released publicly is the same thing as no information existing. You don't know what colour my eyes are, but that doesn't mean that my eyes are colourless.

It is almost 2018, Squeegee. You have been waiting faithfully all the time, and I told you all the time it is in vain. Saint Mueller isn't coming. You've been fooled. To the extent that everybody who hasn't is a "Russian agent" in your mind. That's embarrassing.
Old 28th December 2017, 09:42 AM   #233
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
This is the most nonsensical defense of anything I've ever seen in my entire life. You're basically saying that they had every desire to do it, but didn't because...huh? This "smoking gun" ******** is just that. It's burying ones head in the sand in order to deny the reality happening all over. People have been arrested, emails have come out, there is a consistent trail leading to arrests. Why? Why even bother making such a flaccid argument?
I don't invoke "smoking gun." Crossbow did in post 220. I pointed out that if part of the denial was that there is no smoking gun linking trump to collusion (what crossbow said in the second para) then there is also no smoking gun for what he alleged in his first paragraph.
Old 28th December 2017, 09:42 AM   #234
Crossbow

It is almost 2018, Squeegee. You have been waiting faithfully all the time, and I told you all the time it is in vain. Saint Mueller isn't coming. You've been fooled. To the extent that everybody who hasn't is a "Russian agent" in your mind. That's embarrassing.
With your exceptional skills at determining future events, then you must one of those incredibly wealthy people who built their fortune by only buying winning lottery tickets.

Old 28th December 2017, 09:44 AM   #235
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

True, I do not have a recording of this meeting. But as I said, this was just one case of many which show high Trump officials colluding with the Russians.

Further, this may be news to an incredibly smart person like yourself, but criminals often deny that they did something criminal. Just like many people who have used torture deny that they did anything illegal by using torture.

Therefore, one needs to be quite careful about using statements from people doing criminal acts in order to serve justice.
We were talking about "smoking gun." I don't think you have any smoking guns in any of this. Is there stuff other than smoking guns? Sure. But you are the one who brought up the term.
Old 28th December 2017, 09:49 AM   #236
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

With your exceptional skills at determining future events, then you must one of those incredibly wealthy people who built their fortune by only buying winning lottery tickets.

Ever wondered why I and my "Russian propaganda sites" make these predictions if we know that there is something to cover up and had to fear your magnificent checks and balances would finally uncover it and wash away our puppet president?

Didn't think so.

Last edited by Childlike Empress; 28th December 2017 at 10:21 AM. Reason: typo even -> ever
Old 28th December 2017, 09:55 AM   #237
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

Even wondered why I and my "Russian propaganda sites" make these predictions if we know that there is something to cover up and had to fear your magnificent checks and balances would finally uncover it and wash away our puppet president?

Didn't think so.
Still accusing people of relations that don't exist.
Old 28th December 2017, 10:07 AM   #238
Crazy Chainsaw
Illuminator

We were talking about "smoking gun." I don't think you have any smoking guns in any of this. Is there stuff other than smoking guns? Sure. But you are the one who brought up the term.
There may be smoking bus that are for now hidden in the fog of the Investigation.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 28th December 2017, 10:14 AM   #239
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Crazy Chainsaw View Post
There may be smoking bus that are for now hidden in the fog of the Investigation.
Sure. There can always be a smoking gun in the future.

As of now, based on the evidence available, I have no opinion on what happened.
Old 28th December 2017, 10:15 AM   #240
plague311
Great minds think...

Even wondered why I and my "Russian propaganda sites" make these predictions if we know that there is something to cover up and had to fear your magnificent checks and balances would finally uncover it and wash away our puppet president?
Same reason those people were dumb enough to do it in the first place? They thought they could get away with it? Are you implying that the Russian government doesn't cover anything up? That they never lie and say they haven't done something that they have? Oh man *insert laughing dog*

Go ahead, CE. Pull the other one.

Didn't think so.

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics