ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , politics humor

Old 31st December 2017, 10:34 AM   #1
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Trump's greatest 2017 accomplishment!

Kathy Griffin won't be on the teevee tonight.
Old 31st December 2017, 10:35 AM   #2
psionl0
Skeptical about skeptics

I was expecting to see your post entirely blank.
Old 31st December 2017, 05:41 PM   #3
Skeptical Greg
Agave Wine Connoisseur

Staying in office...

Prove your computer is not a wimp ! Join Team 13232 !
Skeptical Greg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2017, 05:44 PM   #4
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Depends if 'greatest' is from his POV our ours.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2017, 05:58 PM   #5
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

His greatest accomplishment would be to jump off a cliff and die, but there's only four hours left so I doubt that will happen. Oh well, there's always next year.

"I don't want to live in a world without shemp." - Quarky

"I'll teach your grandmother to suck eggs!"
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2017, 08:23 PM   #6
Skeptical Greg
Agave Wine Connoisseur

What shallow lives some of us have...

Skeptical Greg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2017, 08:28 PM   #7
shemp

Originally Posted by Skeptical Greg View Post
What shallow lives some of us have...
He certainly does.

shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2017, 08:43 PM   #8
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

He passed a tax bill Democrats will hang around the necks of Republicans like a millstone in 2018. Way to go ace.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2017, 08:43 PM   #9
Skeptical Greg
Agave Wine Connoisseur

LOL

Old 31st December 2017, 10:17 PM   #10
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped

Most lies of any president period
Old 31st December 2017, 10:22 PM   #11
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

On a more positive note, waking up the liberal idiots who don't think they need to vote.

I have high hopes, so sue me.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2017, 10:46 PM   #12
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

He recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, without triggering a bloodbath. I think that's hopeful.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2017, 10:51 PM   #13
fuelair
Suspended

Figuring out how to lube himself to use his "driver"!!!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2017, 10:52 PM   #14
fuelair
Suspended

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
He recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, without triggering a bloodbath. I think that's hopeful.
Give it time!!!!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2018, 12:13 AM   #15
Apathia
Illuminator

He saved Christmas! Now everyone can say Merry Christmas! Now everyone will have to say Merry Christmas!

"Humans aren't rational creatures but rationalizing creatures."
Author Unknown
Apathia is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2018, 03:12 AM   #16
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Trump has far exceeded my highest hopes of him for 2017, in that the world has lived to see 2018.

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2018, 09:39 AM   #17
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by fuelair View Post
Give it time!!!!!!
That's the point: Immediate violent response was predicted. That response did not materialize. The time for immediate response has already passed.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2018, 10:01 AM   #18
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Pissed off the politically correct. I don't think that's a bad thing.

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2018, 12:03 PM   #19
Skeptical Greg
Agave Wine Connoisseur

Originally Posted by fuelair View Post

Figuring out how to lube himself to use his "driver"!!!!!
Wow, did you come up with that all by yourself, or did you have a twelve year old to help you out?

Old 1st January 2018, 12:25 PM   #20
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Wow, did you come up with that all by yourself, or did you have a twelve year old to help you out?
Am I detecting some snowflaking there?

Speaking of twelve year olds...

We are talking about a POTUS that is so undignified he talks about grabbing pussy and calls people childish names almost daily.

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; 1st January 2018 at 12:26 PM.
Old 1st January 2018, 12:35 PM   #21
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

"Almost"????
Old 1st January 2018, 12:36 PM   #22
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
"Almost"????
If I said "everyday" surely someone would find the one exception.
Old 1st January 2018, 12:38 PM   #23
shemp

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
If I said "everyday" surely someone would find the one exception.
There is no exception, and don't call him "surely".

Old 1st January 2018, 02:53 PM   #24
Skeptical Greg
Agave Wine Connoisseur

Am I detecting some snowflaking there?

Speaking of twelve year olds...

We are talking about a POTUS that is so undignified he talks about grabbing pussy and calls people childish names almost daily.
So, lets all be undignified then ?

Old 1st January 2018, 08:06 PM   #25
fuelair
Suspended

I am quite more vicious than a 12 year old - and trumpf is that loathesome and more.
Old 1st January 2018, 08:25 PM   #26
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

I don't suppose you are aware of the irony in your initial sarcastic reply equating fuelair's response to that of a 12 yr old?

Didn't think so.
Old 1st January 2018, 08:34 PM   #27
mgidm86
Illuminator

Fuelair has a thing for jokes that pertain to the butt, you must not have met before. I think his user name is code for that because it's about all he says, at least as I recall

Greatest accomplishment - showing me how stupid human beings really are, and I don't mean just him, I mean everyone. When I was a kid adults seemed so grown-up and responsible. What a laugh.
mgidm86 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2018, 10:39 PM   #28
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

You misspelled "presidential".
Old 2nd January 2018, 06:41 AM   #29
Skeptical Greg
Agave Wine Connoisseur

I don't suppose you are aware of the irony in your initial sarcastic reply equating fuelair's response to that of a 12 yr old?

Didn't think so.
Unlike the irony of being incensed at one person's vulgar comment, while giving a pass to others?

Old 2nd January 2018, 07:02 AM   #30
TheSupermeerkat
Thinker

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
Pissed off the politically correct. I don't think that's a bad thing.

By, amongst other things, not condemning condemning Nazis.

#somuchwinning
TheSupermeerkat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2018, 07:07 AM   #31
Dabop
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
Trump has far exceeded my highest hopes of him for 2017, in that the world has lived to see 2018.

Dave
This....

'When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.' George Carlin
Dabop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2018, 08:00 AM   #32
WilliamSeger
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post

Dave
Not so long ago, saying things like was a joke.

Donald Trump’s Year of Living Dangerously: It’s worse than you think.

Originally Posted by Politico
When President Donald Trump sat down for dinner on September 18 in New York with leaders of four Latin American countries on the sidelines of the annual United Nations General Assembly, anxieties were already running high.

There was the matter of Mexico and his promise to build that “big, beautiful wall,” presumably to keep not just Mexicans but all of their citizens out of the United States too. And the threat to blow up the North American Free Trade Agreement. And then, a month earlier, seemingly out of nowhere, Trump had volunteered that he was considering a “military option” in Venezuela as that country’s last vestiges of democracy disappeared. Amid the international furor over his vow to rain down “fire and fury” on North Korea in the same golf-course press conference, the news that the president of the United States was apparently considering going to war with its third-largest oil supplier had gotten relatively little attention. But the leaders from Argentina, Brazil, Colombia and Panama invited to the dinner remembered it well.

So, it turned out, did Trump. After the photo op was over and the cameras had left the room, Trump dominated the long table. His vice president, Mike Pence, was to his right; Pence had just spent nearly a week on a conciliatory, well-received tour of the region, the first by a high-ranking administration official since Trump’s inauguration. To Trump’s left was his secretary of state, Rex Tillerson. “Rex tells me you don’t want me to use the military option in Venezuela,” the president told the gathered Latin American leaders, according to an account offered by an attendee soon after the dinner. “Is that right? Are you sure?” Everyone said they were sure. But they were rattled. War with Venezuela, as absurd as that seemed, was clearly still on Trump’s mind.

By the time the dinner was over, the leaders were in shock, and not just over the idle talk of armed conflict. No matter how prepared they were, eight months into an American presidency like no other, this was somehow not what they expected. A former senior U.S. official with whom I spoke was briefed by ministers from three of the four countries that attended the dinner. “Without fail, they just had wide eyes about the entire engagement,” the former official told me. Even if few took his martial bluster about Venezuela seriously, Trump struck them as uninformed about their issues and dangerously unpredictable, asking them to expend political capital on behalf of a U.S. that no longer seemed a reliable partner. “The word they all used was: ‘This guy is insane.’
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2018, 08:07 AM   #33
Firestone
Proud Award Award recipient

Keeping commercial aviation safe (in the whole world)!!!

IAmNotMakingThisUp: "Since taking office I have been very strict on Commercial Aviation. Good news - it was just reported that there were Zero deaths in 2017, the best and safest year on record!"
Old 2nd January 2018, 08:20 AM   #34
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

So far any one of the posts he made today would give me cause for alarm, but this is the first one I saw:

Quote:
Donald J. Trump
‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump
1h1 hour ago

Sanctions and “other” pressures are beginning to have a big impact on North Korea. Soldiers are dangerously fleeing to South Korea. Rocket man now wants to talk to South Korea for first time. Perhaps that is good news, perhaps not - we will see!
also...

Originally Posted by Firestone View Post
Keeping commercial aviation safe (in the whole world)!!!

IAmNotMakingThisUp: "Since taking office I have been very strict on Commercial Aviation. Good news - it was just reported that there were Zero deaths in 2017, the best and safest year on record!"
Yeah, never mind that several Americans were just killed in a plane crash in Costa Rica. But hey, that wasn't 2017!!

But wait! There's more!!!
Tweetstorm today covering every subject imaginable. Yikes.

Last edited by alfaniner; 2nd January 2018 at 08:31 AM.
alfaniner is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2018, 08:53 AM   #35
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

I apologize for starting this thread, which was intended as a one-off joke. It may as well be merged into the general Trump thread.
Old 2nd January 2018, 08:53 AM   #36
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

The best thing that President Trump has accomplished is to have failed what he promised to do as Candidate Trump.

Trump did not reinstitute torture.
Trump did not build a border wall and make Mexico pay for it.
Trump did not lock up Hillary Clinton.
Trump did not allow people to kill Hillary Clinton.
Trump did not call China a currency manipulator.
Trump did not repeal the ACA.

And so on.

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2018, 09:36 AM   #37
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

I apologize for starting this thread, which was intended as a one-off joke. It may as well be merged into the general Trump thread.
The road to USA Politics is paved with good intentions.
Hellbound is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2018, 09:42 AM   #38
Apathia
Illuminator

When it comes to Trump, you can't be limited to a one off.

"Humans aren't rational creatures but rationalizing creatures."
Author Unknown
Apathia is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2018, 09:49 AM   #39
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post
The road to USA Politics is paved with good intentions.
Originally Posted by Apathia View Post
When it comes to Trump, you can't be limited to a one off.
Lesson learned.
Old 2nd January 2018, 10:25 AM   #40
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Unlike the irony of being incensed at one person's vulgar comment, while giving a pass to others?

Are you or are you not giving a pass to Trump's pussy grabbing bragging?

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics