ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , politics humor

Old 2nd January 2018, 10:29 AM   #41
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

So far any one of the posts he made today would give me cause for alarm, but this is the first one I saw:

Quote:
Quote:
Donald J. Trump
‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump
1h1 hour ago

Sanctions and “other” pressures are beginning to have a big impact on North Korea. Soldiers are dangerously fleeing to South Korea. Rocket man now wants to talk to South Korea for first time. Perhaps that is good news, perhaps not - we will see!
So, the contentious parties just might get together and talk. But he has to poke one side with a stick.

also...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestone View Post
Keeping commercial aviation safe (in the whole world)!!!

IAmNotMakingThisUp: "Since taking office I have been very strict on Commercial Aviation. Good news - it was just reported that there were Zero deaths in 2017, the best and safest year on record!"
Yeah, never mind that several Americans were just killed in a plane crash in Costa Rica. But hey, that wasn't 2017!!
My guess is that he saw the report of that crash (not realizing the passengers were American) and told somebody to check "Hey, did we crash any planes this past year?"

But wait! There's more!!!
Tweetstorm today covering every subject imaginable. Yikes.

Last edited by alfaniner; 2nd January 2018 at 10:32 AM.
alfaniner is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2018, 12:09 PM   #42
Skeptical Greg
Agave Wine Connoisseur

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post

Are you or are you not giving a pass to Trump's pussy grabbing bragging?
Are you, or are you not, giving a pass to the suggestion that the President sodomize himself with a driver?

Last edited by Skeptical Greg; 2nd January 2018 at 12:12 PM.
Skeptical Greg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2018, 12:44 PM   #43
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Originally Posted by Skeptical Greg View Post
Are you, or are you not, giving a pass to the suggestion that the President sodomize himself with a driver?
In all fairness, it could be a putter, a mashie niblick, a caddy or- on a great day (for the rest of us) - his golf cart!!!!!

Wash this space!

We fight for the Lady Babylon!!!
fuelair is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2018, 12:45 PM   #44
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Originally Posted by fuelair View Post
In all fairness, it could be a putter, a mashie niblick, a caddy or- on a great day (for the rest of us) - his golf cart!!!!!
I realize the latter is much more difficult, but then he is clearly a very big *******!!! So....................

Wash this space!

fuelair is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2018, 12:47 PM   #45
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

I really miss the old style cartoons of the 30's - they would have done Trumpf well!!!!!

Wash this space!

Old 2nd January 2018, 12:50 PM   #46
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

By the by and on a serious note, you do, I trust, realize that Trumpf is hated by more people throughout the world than with certainty any previous presidents of the US were.

Wash this space!

Old 2nd January 2018, 12:56 PM   #47
sir drinks-a-lot
Illuminator

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
Pissed off the politically correct.
You probably should have used the present progressive there. I mean, look at this thread!
Old 2nd January 2018, 01:03 PM   #48
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Originally Posted by mgidm86 View Post
Fuelair has a thing for jokes that pertain to the butt, you must not have met before. I think his user name is code for that because it's about all he says, at least as I recall

Greatest accomplishment - showing me how stupid human beings really are, and I don't mean just him, I mean everyone. When I was a kid adults seemed so grown-up and responsible. What a laugh.
My u n is because I have long thought fuelair bombs were wonderful and educational for bad people. Terminally educational to be more precise. Has nothing to do with bottoms - mostly with destroying fire and sudden removal of internal parts (you get more and better info if you look up overpressure/underpressure bomb/device). The other stuff is more related to old cartoons/slapstick comedy. They are not chosen to entertain me..... my humor likes are Twain, H. Allen Smith and similar. They are more to get the attention of those who do not seem to get the kind of malicious and evil thug that is trumpf and far too many republickers.

Wash this space!

Old 2nd January 2018, 01:11 PM   #49
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Originally Posted by mgidm86 View Post
Fuelair has a thing for jokes that pertain to the butt, you must not have met before. I think his user name is code for that because it's about all he says, at least as I recall

Greatest accomplishment - showing me how stupid human beings really are, and I don't mean just him, I mean everyone. When I was a kid adults seemed so grown-up and responsible. What a laugh.
And, for oversimplification, first you have to get their attention:

http://affordablehousinginstitute.or...attention.html

Wash this space!

Old 2nd January 2018, 01:24 PM   #50
Cleon
King of the Pod People

Pissed off the politically correct. I don't think that's a bad thing.
Yeah, that's modern conservatism in a nutshell. "I don't give a **** if it's a good idea or not as long as it pisses off people I don't like."
Old 2nd January 2018, 01:45 PM   #51
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Your avoidance of answering is duly noted.

I'm not giving fuelair a pass, I'm in agreement with him, the comment was appropriate given Trump's own behavior.

Your answer to his comment suggests the common approach used by most if not all, Trump supporters, and for a long time a lot of the GOP when faced with inconvenient truths: change the subject.

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; 2nd January 2018 at 01:50 PM.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2018, 02:30 PM   #52
Skeptical Greg
Agave Wine Connoisseur

Originally Posted by fuelair View Post
By the by and on a serious note, you do, I trust, realize that Trumpf is hated by more people throughout the world than with certainty any previous presidents of the US were.
Sounds like hate rules then.
You should be pleased.
Old 2nd January 2018, 02:35 PM   #53
johnny karate
... and your little dog too.

Unlike the irony of being incensed at one person's vulgar comment, while giving a pass to others?
Yes, because the behavior of the President of the United States should not be held to a higher standard than that of random, anonymous people posting on Internet message boards.
johnny karate is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2018, 02:50 PM   #54
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

I'm ambivalent as to what The Hair sodomizes itself with. I just wish his parents had been into that sort of thing more and had less genital sex.

Last edited by Craig4; 2nd January 2018 at 03:21 PM.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2018, 04:21 PM   #55
Polaris
Penultimate Amazing

Pissed off the politically correct. I don't think that's a bad thing.
You misspelled "people with a shred of decency".
"There's vastly more truth to be found in rocks than in holy books. Rocks are far superior, in fact, because you can DEMONSTRATE the truth found in rocks. Plus, they're pretty. Holy books are just heavy." - Dinwar

"Let your ears hear this beautiful song that's hiding underneath the sound," Ed Kowalczyk.
Polaris is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2018, 04:33 PM   #56
Skeptical Greg
Agave Wine Connoisseur

Originally Posted by johnny karate View Post
Yes, because the behavior of the President of the United States should not be held to a higher standard than that of random, anonymous people posting on Internet message boards.
Need straw with that?
Old 2nd January 2018, 04:50 PM   #57
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Need straw with that?
You still have not explained given the circumstances why fuelair's post bothered you so much.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2018, 05:35 PM   #58
p0lka
Graduate Poster

Trump wanting to go to the moon again gets a thumbs up from me.
Everything else? no thanks.

Last edited by p0lka; 2nd January 2018 at 05:36 PM.
p0lka is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2018, 05:37 PM   #59
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

The same cons that whine about "political correctness" get all offended when someone says "Happy Holidays", takes a knee during the national anthem, or has the nerve to criticize a cop for killing an unarmed citizen. There's just as much political correctness on the right; it's just about different stuff.
Old 2nd January 2018, 05:44 PM   #60
Spektator
Watching . . . always watching.

Originally Posted by p0lka View Post
Trump wanting to go to the moon again gets a thumbs up from me.
Everything else? no thanks.
Well, as long as he doesn't come back....
Spektator is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2018, 05:48 PM   #61
blutoski
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
The same cons that whine about "political correctness" get all offended when someone says "Happy Holidays", takes a knee during the national anthem, or has the nerve to criticize a cop for killing an unarmed citizen. There's just as much political correctness on the right; it's just about different stuff.
My favourite example is:

Crybaby: "We really respect a candidate that speaks his mind about (ahem) certain demographics. That's what this country needs."

Clinton: "Basket of deplorables."

Crybaby: "Wha! Huminahuminahumina! That's... that's... that's going too far! Somebody should do something. She's really lost my respect, she's speaking her mind about me. We can't have a leader who goes around insulting people."
Old 2nd January 2018, 08:11 PM   #62
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Sounds like hate rules then.
You should be pleased.
Nope, I would much prefer there was no one in existence on this planet like trumpf or even similar to it!!!!!!

Wash this space!

Old 2nd January 2018, 08:34 PM   #63
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
Yeah, that's modern conservatism in a nutshell. "I don't give a **** if it's a good idea or not as long as it pisses off people I don't like."
Trumpublicans are all about trolling the world.
All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power & profit - Thomas Paine
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2018, 10:13 PM   #64
johnny karate

Need straw with that?
Are you accusing me a making a straw man argument? Because asking if I need straw implies I don't have it, and I can't make a straw man argument without straw, can I?

But assuming you were accusing me of making a straw man argument, I most certainly was not. Pointing out the obvious implications of a line of reasoning does not a straw man argument make.
johnny karate is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2018, 11:50 PM   #65
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Sadly, I think that Trump's greatest achievement in 2017 has been that he has managed to make the Extremist Right Wing nutjobs that would have been laughed at in 2015, actually seem to be the voices of reason, and moved them from the dark recesses of FOX News to become talking heads on CNN and NBC.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2018, 12:18 AM   #66
Arcade22
Illuminator

He personally created millions of jobs. The jobs stolen from white men by the Chinese and Mexicans are coming back!

Obamacare is dead, dying and not even alive anymore. Millions of people have great new healthcare insurance thanks to he.

He lifted the stock market to record heights.

He's restored America to greatness.

He bashed Muslims, women, black people and other minorities whenever it was appropriate, like when they act up.

American prestige and international standing has been brought to heights never seen before. Before the world took advantage of America all the time but now its time for the world to pay America's bills.

He's upgraded America's nuclear arsenal. America stronk!

He's accomplished more than any president, or even any leader of any country at all, ever has done. Nobody could ever even come close.
Freedom you all want, you want freedom. Why then do you haggle over a more or less? Freedom can only be the whole of freedom; a piece of freedom is not freedom. You despair of the possibility of obtaining the whole of freedom, freedom from everything - yes, you consider it insanity even to wish this? - Well, then leave off chasing after the phantom, and spend your pains on something better than the - unattainable. - Max Stirner

Last edited by Arcade22; 3rd January 2018 at 12:24 AM.
Arcade22 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2018, 07:28 AM   #67
Skeptical Greg
Agave Wine Connoisseur

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
You still have not explained given the circumstances why fuelair's post bothered you so much.
Where did I mention it bothered me?

I was only pointing fuelair's playground sense of humor, and your hypocrisy..

Last edited by Skeptical Greg; 3rd January 2018 at 07:35 AM.
Skeptical Greg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2018, 07:33 AM   #68
Skeptical Greg
Agave Wine Connoisseur

Originally Posted by johnny karate View Post
Are you accusing me a making a straw man argument? Because asking if I need straw implies I don't have it, and I can't make a straw man argument without straw, can I?

But assuming you were accusing me of making a straw man argument, I most certainly was not. Pointing out the obvious implications of a line of reasoning does not a straw man argument make.
Where did I argue the President should not be held to a higher standard?

What may be obvious implications of my reasoning to you, may just be confirmation bias.. Another common debating fallacy.
Old 3rd January 2018, 09:03 AM   #69
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Arcade22 View Post
He personally created millions of jobs. The jobs stolen from white men by the Chinese and Mexicans are coming back!

Obamacare is dead, dying and not even alive anymore. Millions of people have great new healthcare insurance thanks to he.
It's just pining for the fjords.
Quote:
He lifted the stock market to record heights.

He's restored America to greatness.

He bashed Muslims, women, black people and other minorities whenever it was appropriate, like when they act up.

American prestige and international standing has been brought to heights never seen before. Before the world took advantage of America all the time but now its time for the world to pay America's bills.

He's upgraded America's nuclear arsenal. America stronk!

He's accomplished more than any president, or even any leader of any country at all, ever has done. Nobody could ever even come close.
You left out keeping airplanes from crashing.
Old 3rd January 2018, 12:38 PM   #70
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post

You left out keeping airplanes from crashing.

And he does it all by himself!

He leaps into the air and holds them up until they can be landed gently. Even the ones that aren't in any difficulty.

It proves his superpowers as President because he can find time to do that for each and every one of the thousands of airplanes flying at any given moment without even affecting his golf schedule.

What a guy.
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2018, 01:11 PM   #71
johnny karate

Where did I argue the President should not be held to a higher standard?
That took place right here:
Unlike the irony of being incensed at one person's vulgar comment, while giving a pass to others?
See, what you did there was present as equivalent comments made by the President and comments made by a random, anonymous person on an Internet message board.

That, by its nature, indicates you are not holding the President to a higher standard.

Quote:
What may be obvious implications of my reasoning to you, may just be confirmation bias.. Another common debating fallacy.
No, it's the thing I said.
Old 3rd January 2018, 01:12 PM   #72
lobosrul5
Graduate Poster

No wars, well not any big ones, so far in his presidency. Color me surprised. 3 years left though.
lobosrul5 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2018, 11:15 PM   #73
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Where did I mention it bothered me?

I was only pointing fuelair's playground sense of humor, and your hypocrisy..
I do believe you might consider reviewing the definition of "bothered".

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics