ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Non-USA & General Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags anti-semitism charges , Australia elections , Australia politics , Julian Assange , Malcolm Fraser , wikileaks

Old 3rd February 2013, 11:03 PM   #121
Toontown
Philosopher

Originally Posted by trustbutverify View Post
So now it's inappropriate to bring up issues relating to Assange's character, associations and behavior in a thread about his possible run for elected office?

What is permissible; comments on his hairstyle and fashion sense?
Not at all. It is also permissible to comment about his devotion to transparency and the free flow of information. As long as it isn't information about him.
Old 3rd February 2013, 11:51 PM   #122
EHocking
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Noztradamus View Post
...If declared he will not nominate. If he nominates he will not make the ballot. If he makes the ballot he will not be elected. If elected he will not claim his seat. If he claims his seat he will not be seated.
That last (if it comes to that) might well exclude Assange and his party from sitting in the senate.

An Australian senator Assange has to be sworn in - in person.

So if they do get a seat it will remain vacant until July 2014, where a Wikileaks Party nominee could take the seat (and subsequently resign and give up the seat to Assange if he returns to Australia). But the seat could also be cancelled due to the senator's absence.
Either way, it is an empty gesture to get yet more publicity for himself.

Oh, and let's not forget the funding the party can claim.

It works like this. Get your fanbois supporters to front some cash for a campaign fund. All you need do then is to secure 4% of the vote in the state you run in, and you can claim the lot back. It's tax free and safe from being seized or frozen. Pretty handy if your cash flow is being blocked across the globe.

The beauty of the scheme ...

He doesn't have to win his seat, just get 4% of the votes. He can then claim over $2 a vote back on campaign expenses. That's the potential to receive 100s of 1000s of dollars of lovely laundered legal cash care of the Aussie public purse.

Of course if he does win a seat he get $100k+ per year, plus expenses, plus allowances, on top of the campaign cost reimbursement.

All this and he doesn't even have to sit in the Senate.
"It's all god's handiwork, there's little quality control applied", Fox26 reporter on Texas granite
Forum Birdwatching Webpage
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th February 2013, 12:33 AM   #123
lionking
In the Peanut Gallery

Did you complain when Family First and the DLP received the same benefits?

Sir Winston Churchill
lionking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th February 2013, 03:44 PM   #124
EHocking
Philosopher

Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Did you complain when Family First and the DLP received the same benefits?
No. Since I haven't been in the country for the last 15 years. I might have voted for the Australian Sex Party though.

At least they approached the election with the intent of putting someone in the seat they were contending.

It is a pretty handy rort for an organisation that is broke and is having difficulty raising funds - even though their candidate can't sit in the senate in the forseeable future...
"It's all god's handiwork, there's little quality control applied", Fox26 reporter on Texas granite

Last edited by EHocking; 4th February 2013 at 03:54 PM.
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th February 2013, 04:53 PM   #125
WildCat
NWO Master Conspirator

Originally Posted by lionking View Post
There's another thread about Assange. This thread's about Assange's senate bid
And his qualifications and experiences are off limits because...?
WildCat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th February 2013, 04:55 PM   #126
WildCat
NWO Master Conspirator

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
ETA: I mean, Assange must be the first politician in history to get a magical exemption from having considered his personal history, professional activities, and sexual peccadilloes. What kind of wondrous man this Assange must be, that in a thread about his candidacy, we must perforce ignore the candidate's body of work.
Just discuss the great and powerful Assange, ignore that man behind the curtain.
WildCat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th February 2013, 05:05 PM   #127
Noztradamus
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Toontown View Post
Not at all.

It is also permissible to comment about his devotion to transparency and the free flow of information. As long as it isn't information about him.

It is also permissible to comment about his devotion to transparency and the free flow of information, as long as it isn't information about him.
Was that what you were trying to say?
Old 4th February 2013, 06:56 PM   #128
trustbutverify
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Silhouette View Post
He had a blog, IQ.ORG, and I found this link to it: http://web.archive.org/web/200710200...http://iq.org/ I thought it was an interesting read and it gives some insight into who he is.
Quote:
Mon 17 Jul 2006 : Jackboots

If there is a book whose feeling captures me it is First Circle by Solzhenitsyn. To feel that home is the comraderie of persecuted, and infact, prosecuted, polymaths in a Stalinist slave labor camp! How close the parallels to my own adventures!
Mercy, mercy me.
trustbutverify is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th February 2013, 07:06 PM   #129
Toontown
Philosopher

Well, we certainly don't want those periods creeping in there. Do we.
Old 4th February 2013, 08:05 PM   #130
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Sentence fragments. Perfectly cromulent.

Grammar nazism. Last refuge of the scoundrel.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2013, 06:05 PM   #131
EHocking
Philosopher

It looks to me that the intent of applying for candidacy is entirely self serving and nothing to do with "keeping the bastards honest".

Claims such as, "...a WikiLeaks party would advance WikiLeaks' objectives of promoting openness in government and politics, and it would combat growing intrusions on individual privacy."

This is such an obvious smoke screen attempting to disguise the actual reason behind the Wikileaks party senate bid.

Mr Assange believes "the building of political opposition to the persecution of a media organisation" will lead the US Department of Justice to drop its espionage investigation.
Old 7th February 2013, 09:49 PM   #132
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger

Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
Jemima Khan, who helped fund Assange's bail, posts a ripper of an article about how she's changed her opinion of him.

http://www.newstatesman.com/2013/02/...ted-his-allies

"The problem is that WikiLeaks – whose mission statement was “to produce . . . a more just society . . . based upon truth” – has been guilty of the same obfuscation and misinformation as those it sought to expose, while its supporters are expected to follow, unquestioningly, in blinkered, cultish devotion."

"It may well be that the serious allegations of sexual assault and rape are not substantiated in court, but I have come to the conclusion that these are all matters for Swedish due process and that Assange is undermining both himself and his own transparency agenda – as well as doing the US department of justice a favour – by making his refusal to answer questions in Sweden into a human rights issue. There have been three rounds in the UK courts and the UK courts have upheld the European Arrest Warrant in his name three times. The women in question have human rights, too, and need resolution. Assange’s noble cause and his wish to avoid a US court does not trump their right to be heard in a Swedish court."

"We all want a hero. After WikiLeaks released the infamous Collateral Murder video in 2010, showing US troops gunning down a dozen civilians in Iraq, I jokingly asked if Assange was the new Jason Bourne, on the run and persecuted by the state. It would be a tragedy if a man who has done so much good were to end up tolerating only disciples and unwavering devotion, more like an Australian L Ron Hubbard."
Old 7th February 2013, 11:39 PM   #133
trustbutverify
Philosopher

From the same New Statesman article:

Quote:
The film wasn’t in the competition at Sundance, as Gibney is a well-known film-maker and it already has a distributor, but that didn’t stop the WikiLeaks account from tweeting: “Anti-#WikiLeaks doc ‘We Steal Secrets’ steals no prizes at Sundance as film is rejected in all 31 categories”.
The problem with Camp Assange is that, in the words of George W Bush, it sees the world as being “with us or against us”. When I told Assange I was part of the We Steal Secrets team, I suggested that he view it not in terms of being pro- or anti-him, but rather as a film that would be fair and would represent the truth. It would address, directly, the claims of his critics, which needed to be included so that the film could be seen as balanced and could reach people beyond the WikiLeaks congregation. He replied: “If it’s a fair film, it will be pro-Julian Assange.” Beware the celebrity who refers to himself in the third person
So, let's see here. Saint Julian views the "adventure" of his life running along similar lines as work slaves in Stalin's "re-education" camps, thinks his critics in the media are part of a Jewspiracy and "fair" coverage of Wikileaks requires that his ass be properly kissed- or else.

Bet he wins in a landslide.
trustbutverify is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2013, 08:58 PM   #134
EHocking
Philosopher

Originally Posted by EHocking View Post
It looks to me that the intent of applying for candidacy is entirely self serving and nothing to do with "keeping the bastards honest".

Claims such as, "...a WikiLeaks party would advance WikiLeaks' objectives of promoting openness in government and politics, and it would combat growing intrusions on individual privacy."

This is such an obvious smoke screen attempting to disguise the actual reason behind the Wikileaks party senate bid.

Mr Assange believes "the building of political opposition to the persecution of a media organisation" will lead the US Department of Justice to drop its espionage investigation.
Oh, second motive?

To run Wikileaks by proxy abusing the protection of Parliamentary privilege to avoid legal ramifications of disclosure.

The beauty of this lurk is that Wikileaks doesn't even have to publish anything. Assange can use the Hansard record and political journalists to do the recording and broadcasting for him.

Assange : What I'll do in the senate.
The WikiLeaks founder also plans to be a ''fierce defender of free media'' if elected to the Senate, using parliamentary privilege to break court suppression orders and other ''excessive constraints'' on free access to information.
Asked whether he would use parliamentary privilege to overcome court-imposed gag orders, he replied: ''Absolutely.''
A current example of abuse of the system are the allegations by Nick Xenophon directed at a Catholic priest.

Even the Australian Civil Liberties Association describes it as abuse.
Legal groups have questioned his use of parliamentary privilege, with the Australian Civil Liberties Association criticising Xenophon for abusing the privilege.

“Those privileges are intended to protect lawmakers while they discuss legislative issues. Since the Hepworth allegations have no bearing on legislation, the senator’s invocation of his privilege was the height of irresponsibility,” the association says in a statement.
... and of course, the target of these allegations will be vilified in the press with few options of a right to reply if he feels he's been defamed, while the accuser - flinging out any old accusation he feels like - is protected from legal proceedings.

Last edited by EHocking; 27th February 2013 at 09:01 PM.
Old 2nd July 2013, 08:16 PM   #135
EHocking
Philosopher

Wikileaks party registered for 2013 election

Wikileaks Party to run Senate candidates in Victoria, NSW, and Western Australia

Assange plans to run for the Senate in Victoria and the Wikileaks Party is also going to put forward upper house candidates in NSW and Western Australia apparently.

The Wikleaks Party home page is surprisingly lacking in information on their policies - which is rather ironic considering their raison d'etre.

The best I could manage as an over all mission statement from their rather whiney[1] media releases was this :
The WikiLeaks Party is committed to practising in politics what WikiLeaks has done in the field of information, by promoting transparency, truthfulness and the free flow of information" [National Council member] Ms Findlay said. "These are fundamental to rational decision making and just outcomes, and they are increasingly missing from the Australian political landscape.
The shame of it is that, reading the two non-whiney media releases on Giving Australians Greater Security and WikiLeaks Party demand federal shield laws for journalists, I'd be inclined to support the Wikilieaks Party, were it not for the deep suspicion that this is merely a front to raise income for the defence of Assange and nothing to do with (yet to be announced) party Policy or Mission.

[1] Two of the 5 media releases are merely whines about how Assange has been treated by the Australian government.
Old 4th July 2013, 11:39 AM   #136
Damien Evans
Up The Irons
Tagger

No policies, no mission, no vote from me.
i loves the little birdies they goes tweet tweet tweet hee hee i loves them they sings to each other tweet twet tweet hee hee i loves them they is so cute i love yje little birdies little birdies in the room when birfies sings ther is no gloom i lobes the little birdies they goess tweet tweet tweet hee hee hee i loves them they sings me to sleep sing me to slrrp now little birdies - The wisdom of Shemp.
Damien Evans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th July 2013, 03:01 PM   #137
trustbutverify
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Damien Evans View Post
No policies, no mission, no vote from me.
How dare you not vote for a great hero. You must be an "imperialist".
Old 4th July 2013, 08:49 PM   #138
EHocking
Philosopher

Campaign manager, Greg Barns, on ABC 2 News Breakfast.
Didn't expand too much on policies or platform - just said something will be announced during this month.

As for Assange actully taking a seat?

The Australian government will be embarrassed by the fact that they haven't stepped in to ensure that an elected senator doesn't face "a sealed indictment and and therefore would be subjected to torture and unusual punishment in the US like Bradley Manning".

Apparently there is "no doubt now" that a sealed indictment exists.
He perpetuates the lie that if Assange returned to Sweden he would be automatically turned over to the US by the Swedes.
According to him, Sweden has "an appalling track record on handing people back to the States".

Oh, and despite all the headlines, stated that the Wikileaks party has nothing to do with the plight of Edward Snowden.

oh, yeah?
www.wikileaksparty.org.au/blog/wikileaks-party-news.html‎

This week WikiLeaks has assisted courageous whistleblower Edward Snowden, whose revelations showed the world the extent of the United States' secret spying on its own citizens and affecting people across the globe. On the publication of these revelations, we issued a statement calling for judicial oversight for warrants to access Australians' internet and telcommunications data, and for regular reporting by providers of interception and data collection requests.

The WikiLeaks Party is proud of the actions taken by WikiLeaks to protect Snowden.
Perhaps the Wikileaks Party campaign manager should read his party's blog.

Last edited by EHocking; 4th July 2013 at 08:51 PM. Reason: ABC link
Old 6th July 2013, 08:14 PM   #139
EHocking
Philosopher

So, the Wikileaks Party has updated it's "About" tag and declares that :
The Constitution of the WikiLeaks Party lists its objectives which include the protection of human rights and freedoms; transparency of governmental and corporate action, policy and information; recognition of the need for equality between generations; and support of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander self-determination.
No actual policies yet to demonstrate how the above might be achieved, but then, unlike most political parties and promises, at least the WP has declared that they can change their minds on their declared objectives.
7.3 With the exception of clauses 7.2.8, 7.2.9, 7.2.10, 7.2.11 and 7.2.12, the objectives of the Party may be amended, repealed or added to from time to time by the National Council at a National Council meeting provided that a Quorum is present.
So. Vote for us, based on our declared objectives, but don't say we didn't warn you when we go back on those declared objectives...
Old 7th July 2013, 09:29 PM   #140
Damien Evans
Up The Irons
Tagger

So, the Wikileaks Party has updated it's "About" tag and declares that :
The Constitution of the WikiLeaks Party lists its objectives which include the protection of human rights and freedoms; transparency of governmental and corporate action, policy and information; recognition of the need for equality between generations; and support of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander self-determination.
No actual policies yet to demonstrate how the above might be achieved, but then, unlike most political parties and promises, at least the WP has declared that they can change their minds on their declared objectives.
7.3 With the exception of clauses 7.2.8, 7.2.9, 7.2.10, 7.2.11 and 7.2.12, the objectives of the Party may be amended, repealed or added to from time to time by the National Council at a National Council meeting provided that a Quorum is present.
So. Vote for us, based on our declared objectives, but don't say we didn't warn you when we go back on those declared objectives...
What on earth is that supposed to mean?
i loves the little birdies they goes tweet tweet tweet hee hee i loves them they sings to each other tweet twet tweet hee hee i loves them they is so cute i love yje little birdies little birdies in the room when birfies sings ther is no gloom i lobes the little birdies they goess tweet tweet tweet hee hee hee i loves them they sings me to sleep sing me to slrrp now little birdies - The wisdom of Shemp.
Damien Evans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th July 2013, 03:49 PM   #141
EHocking
Philosopher

Essentially it is the right to run their own communities. This was what ATSIC was set up to achieve (arguably).
ATSIC was shut down in 2005 for a number of reasons and the federal and state governments put back in charge of aboriginal issues and welfare.

I don't know what the current proposal for A&TSI self determination is - so can't really help you with your question.

ETA : Perhaps this site, http://nationalcongress.com.au/ may help

Last edited by EHocking; 8th July 2013 at 04:18 PM.
Old 8th July 2013, 08:37 PM   #142
Damien Evans
Up The Irons
Tagger

Essentially it is the right to run their own communities. This was what ATSIC was set up to achieve (arguably).
ATSIC was shut down in 2005 for a number of reasons and the federal and state governments put back in charge of aboriginal issues and welfare.

I don't know what the current proposal for A&TSI self determination is - so can't really help you with your question.

ETA : Perhaps this site, http://nationalcongress.com.au/ may help
Oh right, well that's fair enough, I have no problem with that. For a second I thought it was some sort of kick whitey out thing.
Old 8th July 2013, 11:06 PM   #143
EHocking
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Damien Evans View Post
Oh right, well that's fair enough, I have no problem with that. For a second I thought it was some sort of kick whitey out thing.
Some argue that it is this fear that was the real reason behind the Howard government shutting down ATSIC, and what is causing delays in processing Native Title claims.

Others would argue that ATSIC was paternalistic and was not, in fact, giving indigenous Australians any control at all.

I quite like the last sentence on the Wiki page on the subject, at least for its mischievousness, if not accuracy.
Hence, self-determination has been held to be an example of an advancement of the fundamental political rights of politically bounded 'peoples' at work, but also as an example of an abstract theory that has been implemented in contexts with sometimes severe political and national conflict.
Old 26th July 2013, 09:31 AM   #144
BenBurch
Gatekeeper of The Left

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/07..._running_mate/

Quote:
Julian Assange™ has again launched his candidacy for a seat in Australia's Senate, but this time also offered an important new piece of information: the name of an alternative candidate for the seat should he be elected but be unable to leave his London bolt-hole to take up the gig.

As we've explained in the past, if everything goes right for Assange he could win a seat in Australia's Senate with as little as two or three per cent of the vote.

At the time of writing it doesn't look like the chips will fall his way: Australia's major political parties are showing no signs of sending him their excess votes, which means his bid to become a Senator is all-but-dead.

<SNIP>
Old 26th July 2013, 05:35 PM   #145
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger

Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
From Ben's link:

Quote:
Australian political tradition demands the WikiLeaks Party would be able to nominate a replacement [for Assange].

The party yesterday did so, naming “ethicist and commentator” Leslie Cannold as Assange's “running mate” and anointed one to take his seat should the white-haired crusader's various legal woes prevent him from taking up a seat.
Leslie Cannold is known in atheist and skeptical circles. But I doubt that that will earn the party too many votes overall.
Old 8th August 2013, 12:11 PM   #146
KDLarsen
Illuminator

I guess this is going to disappoint some people...
Quote:
Assange stays mum over Swedish sex crime case
WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange said on Wednesday that he would not be addressing the Swedish sexual assault and rape allegations against him in his run for office in Australia, as "Australian men don't like to talk about their private lives".

Assange, standing for election to the upper house in September 7 national polls, also said Australian men did not bad-mouth their lovers, when asked whether he would explain himself to voters on the sex crime claims that have seen him holed up in London's Ecuadoran embassy for more than a year.

"Unfortunately, to a degree, I am an Australian and therefore Australian men don't like talking about their private lives," the former computer hacker said in an online election forum published by Fairfax Media on Thursday.

"They don't like saying bad things about their lovers. I'm not going to do that."
http://www.thelocal.se/49522/20130808/

Anyone have a clue what he meant by the highlighted line? I assume it's a matter of a misplaced "therefore", but you never know with some people...
KDLarsen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2013, 03:22 PM   #147
EHocking
Philosopher

Originally Posted by KDLarsen View Post

Anyone have a clue what he meant by the highlighted line? I assume it's a matter of a misplaced "therefore", but you never know with some people...
Oh, I agree with him. It is unfortunate that he's an Australian.

Otherwise it's just poor English.
Old 8th August 2013, 04:38 PM   #148
Noztradamus
Illuminator

Quote:
"Unfortunately, to a degree, I am an Australian and therefore Australian men don't like talking about their private lives," the former computer hacker said in an online election forum published by Fairfax Media on Thursday.

It's. All. About. Him.

(some politicians are like that)
Old 14th August 2013, 06:31 PM   #149
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

It's a mangling of propositional logic.

p1: I am an Australian man
p2: Australian men don't like to talk about their private lives
c: Therefore I don't like to talk about my private life.
Old 14th August 2013, 07:35 PM   #150
EHocking
Philosopher

I only wish that the Libs and Labour would stop their poisonous campaigning.

All it does is prompt people to consider other alternatives, which plays directly into the Wikileaks Party's hands.
Old 21st August 2013, 03:51 PM   #151
EHocking
Philosopher

Wikileaks party follows Assange's hypocrisy

Wikileaks directs preferences to right-wing parties.

Yes, a vote for Wikileaks is a vote for the Shooters and Fishers Party, or the Australia First Party and in W.A., the National Party.

All these parties couldn't be more opposite of the Wikileaks claimed purpose for running.

Just like Assange - they'll get into bed with any body and blithely ignore their declared principles to get ahead.
Old 21st August 2013, 03:59 PM   #152
EHocking
Philosopher

Assange's Victorian running mate quits

Julian Assange's Victorian Senate running mate has quit the WikiLeaks Party, complaining of power struggles, white-anting and a failure to live up to its lofty democratic ideals.

Ms Cannold said she could not remain as a candidate because to do so would be implicitly making a statement that the WikiLeaks Party was what it claimed to be - "a democratically run party that both believes in transparency and accountability, and operates in this way".

"Over the last few weeks those of us resigning and some others have been struggling to make this true," she said.
So the party is shown to be the hypocrites that I expected them to be.
Considering that is what their party leader's m.o. is, I shouldn't be as surprised as I am. I was expecting this hypocrisy to be exposed post-election after the party had flim-flammed their supporters out of campaign funding first.

Last edited by EHocking; 21st August 2013 at 03:59 PM. Reason: slepping
Old 23rd August 2013, 10:25 PM   #153
WildCat
NWO Master Conspirator

I thought the Wikileaks Party's stated purpose was worshipping Julian Assange?
Old 24th August 2013, 09:15 PM   #154
EHocking
Philosopher

No. That's their unstated purpose.
Their stated purpose is a farrago of lies, hypocrisy and hyperbole.
Old 25th August 2013, 11:44 PM   #155
Shiner
Motor Mouth

A moving political statement from Arse-ange.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Is it just me, or does that mullet really suit him?

Last edited by Shiner; 25th August 2013 at 11:46 PM.
Shiner is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th August 2013, 04:55 PM   #156
Hallo Alfie
Banned

Originally Posted by Shiner View Post

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Truly cringeworthy.
Well that's him done. Could anyone take him and his party seriously after that?
Hallo Alfie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th August 2013, 05:08 PM   #157
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Well, he can always sue that upcoming movie about him for libel.......
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th August 2013, 05:10 PM   #158
trustbutverify
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Shiner View Post

I AGREE

That's rough to watch.
Old 28th August 2013, 05:59 AM   #159
Virus
Philosopher

He's the biggest dick-ring in the world.
"They say the right things. They ‘speak truth to power’, ‘transgress boundaries’, and all the rest of it. But you will have noticed that they are careful only to challenge religions that won’t hurt them (Christianity) and governments that won’t arrest them (democracies)." - Nick Cohen.
Virus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th August 2013, 11:36 AM   #160
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

That most people who proclaimed him a hero have now turned on him tells you a lot.
Of course there are still the True Believers,but they are getting fewer and fewer.
I love the statements that Assinge's charecter and past should be off topic in considering his fitness for office....
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Non-USA & General Politics