IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Economics, Business and Finance
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
View Poll Results: Are you willing to work for free if the goods and services are free?
Yes 23 31.51%
No 35 47.95%
I don't know 15 20.55%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
Old 9th January 2022, 04:11 PM   #4001
Gaetan
Illuminator
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,228
Originally Posted by abaddon View Post

How do you know that? That is an idiotic claim.
The researchers revealed that the economic situation is the strongest predictor of refusing the vaccine or at least being undecided: People within the lower quartiles of the income distribution more frequently did not want to be vaccinated or were undecided to do so, while the opposite was true for higher income quartiles.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2021-...accinated.html

Then since their economic situation is low they eat baloneys and cookies the cheapest food that's why they end up in hospital not because they are unvaccinated.



Quote:
Japan locked it down far earlier. Pollution has enforced masks long before COVID happened. SE Asia by and large is accustomed to wearing masks all day long. But of course you didn't know that. Also, Japan had little to no anti-vax activity so they just got it anyway. OTOH, the US went in for super-spreader activities.
There is no study saying that mask is usefull other than giving illness
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2022, 04:20 PM   #4002
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming
 
MarkCorrigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 10,819
Stop being a coward and answer my question Gaetan. How is a chemical found naturally different from the exact same chemical (I mean identical chemical composition) manufactured in a lab?
__________________
Naturalism adjusts it's principles to fit with the observed data.
It's a god of the facts world view. -joobz

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint, when I ask why the poor have no food they call me a communist - Hélder Câmara
MarkCorrigan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2022, 05:09 PM   #4003
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster
 
The Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
Posts: 16,014
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
You don't take it from a scientist study then it has no meaning, People who don't get vaccinated eat nothing else than baloney and cokies, that's why they end up in hospitals more than other people, if they would be vaccinated it would make no difference. In Japan it is 145 deaths per million, in US it is 2,529 per million, 17.5 times more. My point is that money kills a lot of people i already told you why.

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/t...CA~VCT~TTO~USA
Again it's a statistic not a study and no study can change that statistic, it can only try to explain it.

Your cited link says nothing about people getting covid or being worse off when having covid because they "eat nothing else than baloney and cokies". You are just making up crap again.

Your lack of real world experience is showing again, I know plenty of unvaccinated people, who probably eat better than you. Some got covid and were hospitalized. I don't know one person that got covid after being vaccinated. Though, some of the unvaccinated people I know who got covid decided to get vacinated after they recoved.

I have already told you that your own assertion of the Japanese's health care system as the exemplar (a health care for money system) directly refutes your claim that simply "money kills a lot of people" as the cause of the differing death rates..
__________________
BRAINZZZZZZZZ
The Man is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2022, 05:48 PM   #4004
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster
 
The Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
Posts: 16,014
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
The researchers revealed that the economic situation is the strongest predictor of refusing the vaccine or at least being undecided: People within the lower quartiles of the income distribution more frequently did not want to be vaccinated or were undecided to do so, while the opposite was true for higher income quartiles.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2021-...accinated.html
Yes a correlation between income level and vaccination rate. As well as education level and vaccination rate. As well as gender and age. As well as a correlation with knowing someone who got covid.

Also, as I'm sure you haven't read your own citation, again, an inverse relation to health. Meaning healthier people tend not to get vaccinated.

So a person who has the worst effects from covid are going to tend to be unvaccinated, poor, not have a secondary education, female, under 65, less likely to have known someone who got covid and in general good health.


Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
Then since their economic situation is low they eat baloneys and cookies the cheapest food that's why they end up in hospital not because they are unvaccinated.
Your citation says nothing of the sort, stop just making crap up. What your citation does say is that there is an inverse correlation to health and not getting the vaccine. The exact opposite of your BS "eat baloneys and cookies" intended implication.

As usual your own citation directly refute your intended assertions.

To try to put it more succinctly for you the correlation you are trying to imply that the unvaccinated tend to be unhealthy because they "eat baloneys and cookies" is directly refuted by your own citations asserted correlation that heathier people tend not to get vaccinated.



Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
There is no study saying that mask is usefull other than giving illness
Of course there are.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=scolorly+s...307-1bc&ia=web


Masks have been a staple in hospitals, operating rooms and clean rooms for decades to a century.


As for Japan goes, I read a article says the the unvaccinated Japanese tend to go or stay out less than those vaccinated. Though I can't find it now.


Also one about a possible genetic explanation.


Genetic ‘X-factor’ may be behind Japan’s Covid-19 success

You are still confusing correlation with causation.
__________________
BRAINZZZZZZZZ
The Man is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2022, 11:43 PM   #4005
Joecool
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,792
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
The researchers revealed that the economic situation is the strongest predictor of refusing the vaccine or at least being undecided: People within the lower quartiles of the income distribution more frequently did not want to be vaccinated or were undecided to do so, while the opposite was true for higher income quartiles.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2021-...accinated.html

Then since their economic situation is low they eat baloneys and cookies the cheapest food that's why they end up in hospital not because they are unvaccinated.

There is no study saying that mask is usefull other than giving illness
So if people with no money don't want the vaccine, how will it be better if nobody has any money?
Joecool is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2022, 08:20 AM   #4006
Gaetan
Illuminator
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,228
Originally Posted by The Man View Post
Yes a correlationing someone who got covid.Also, as I'm sure you haven't read your own citation, again, an inverse relation to health. Meaning healthier people tenle, under 65, less likely to have known someone who got covid and in general good health.
Your citad cookies" intended implication.As usual your own citation directly refute your intended assertions.Theathier people tend not to get vaccinated.
Of course therdecades to a century. oes, I read a article says the the unvaccinated Japanese tend to go or stay out less than those vaccinated. Though I can't find it now.Also one about a possible genetbehind Japan’s Covid-19 success[/url]You are still confusing correlation with causation.
The effectiveness of vaccines is not based on scientific evidence but on a smokescreen
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2022, 08:44 AM   #4007
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster
 
The Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
Posts: 16,014
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
Originally Posted by The Man View Post
Yes a correlationing someone who got covid.Also, as I'm sure you haven't read your own citation, again, an inverse relation to health. Meaning healthier people tenle, under 65, less likely to have known someone who got covid and in general good health.
Your citad cookies" intended implication.As usual your own citation directly refute your intended assertions.Theathier people tend not to get vaccinated.
Of course therdecades to a century. oes, I read a article says the the unvaccinated Japanese tend to go or stay out less than those vaccinated. Though I can't find it now.Also one about a possible genetbehind Japan’s Covid-19 success[/url]You are still confusing correlation with causation.
The effectiveness of vaccines is not based on scientific evidence but on a smokescreen

I don't know what the heck that quotation mess is supposed to be. I again recommend that you do not mess with quotes.

Since the very data about vaccine efficacy is what shows it is primarily the unvaccinated that are making up those being hospitalized for covid. The originating element of your own "eat baloneys and cookies" claim. You are simply asserting that your own claim is based on "a smokescreen".

Again, if even you can't believe your own claims, no one else can either.

Again, this was your own citation that refuted your own attempted implication of a direct correlation between poor health and not being vaccinated. You certainly didn't assert that as "a smokescreen" when you tried to use it to bolster your "eat baloneys and cookies" fantasy.

Again, I strenuously recommend you actually read your citation thoroughly before submitting them as supportive of your assertions/fantasies.


ETA: Since I have cautioned you multiple times before and told you what I would do if you continued I have reported your post for the editing of a quote by another poster into some incoherent mess.

I will note that this is only the second post by anyone that I have ever reported.
__________________
BRAINZZZZZZZZ

Last edited by The Man; 10th January 2022 at 08:50 AM. Reason: eta & typo
The Man is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2022, 08:49 AM   #4008
The Don
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Don's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Sir Fynwy
Posts: 33,055
Originally Posted by The Man View Post
Again it's a statistic not a study and no study can change that statistic, it can only try to explain it.

Your cited link says nothing about people getting covid or being worse off when having covid because they "eat nothing else than baloney and cokies". You are just making up crap again.

Your lack of real world experience is showing again, I know plenty of unvaccinated people, who probably eat better than you. Some got covid and were hospitalized. I don't know one person that got covid after being vaccinated. Though, some of the unvaccinated people I know who got covid decided to get vacinated after they recoved.

I have already told you that your own assertion of the Japanese's health care system as the exemplar (a health care for money system) directly refutes your claim that simply "money kills a lot of people" as the cause of the differing death rates..
I know quite a few, including Mrs Don, myself and Mrs Don's sister (who lives 5,000 miles away so she didn't catch it from us). Omicron seems to have been a game-changer in that regard with even people wo have been double vaccinated and boosted testing positive for Covid.

Hardly any of us have experienced bad symptoms though.
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2022, 10:37 AM   #4009
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster
 
The Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
Posts: 16,014
Originally Posted by The Don View Post
I know quite a few, including Mrs Don, myself and Mrs Don's sister (who lives 5,000 miles away so she didn't catch it from us). Omicron seems to have been a game-changer in that regard with even people wo have been double vaccinated and boosted testing positive for Covid.

Hardly any of us have experienced bad symptoms though.
Well, both sorry and glad to hear that. Sorry that people you know got it, but glad there were no bad symptoms. As well as glad for the additional info, thanks.
__________________
BRAINZZZZZZZZ
The Man is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2022, 04:59 PM   #4010
Gaetan
Illuminator
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,228
Originally Posted by The Man View Post
Well, both sorry and glad to hear that. Sorry that people you know got it, but glad there were no bad symptoms. As well as glad for the additional info, thanks.
This is just another proof that you don't know what you talk about.
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2022, 05:06 PM   #4011
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming
 
MarkCorrigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 10,819
How do you figure that one skip?

Care to answer me yet Gaetan, or are you going to keep running away like a coward?
__________________
Naturalism adjusts it's principles to fit with the observed data.
It's a god of the facts world view. -joobz

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint, when I ask why the poor have no food they call me a communist - Hélder Câmara
MarkCorrigan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2022, 05:19 PM   #4012
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster
 
The Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
Posts: 16,014
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
This is just another proof that you don't know what you talk about.
What the heck are you talking about? When the heck was I talking about people The Don knows or is related to before?

I'm well aware that the Omicron variant tends to have less severe symptoms, that there have been breakthrough infections and that people can still die from it. I just don't personally know anyone who has gotten the Omicron variant, has had a breakthrough infection or has died of any covid variant, ever. That certainly does not mean that I don't know it is happening. Unlike you, I don't try to portray my own personal experiences as those of everyone.
__________________
BRAINZZZZZZZZ
The Man is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2022, 11:22 PM   #4013
Little 10 Toes
Master Poster
 
Little 10 Toes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,436
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
This is just another proof that you don't know what you talk about.
This whole thread is proof that you don't understand the Bible, you don't understand economics, you don't understand medicine, you don't understand the links that you provide, and that you ignore questions directed to you, ignore facts that are presented, and ignore the direction of this thread. You change topics when things don't go your way, state opinions as if they were facts, and generally are wrong about everything and do not acknowledge and/or correct anything you say and/or do here.
Little 10 Toes is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2022, 09:25 PM   #4014
Gaetan
Illuminator
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,228
Originally Posted by Little 10 Toes View Post
This whole thread is proof that you don't understand the Bible, you don't understand economics, you don't understand medicine, you don't understand the links that you provide, and that you ignore questions directed to you, ignore facts that are presented, and ignore the direction of this thread. You change topics when things don't go your way, state opinions as if they were facts, and generally are wrong about everything and do not acknowledge and/or correct anything you say and/or do here.
It is easier to say that i am wrong that to say why i am wrong
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2022, 09:38 PM   #4015
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Republic of Ireland
Posts: 23,152
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
It is easier to say that i am wrong that to say why i am wrong
We can do both. Which would you prefer right now?
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?


...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2022, 10:13 PM   #4016
Little 10 Toes
Master Poster
 
Little 10 Toes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,436
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
It is easier to say that i am wrong that to say why i am wrong
Do you have reading comprehension issues? I gave reasons why you are wrong.

But, just to oversimplify things so you can understand it, here's the post in smaller baby-size bits.

Why you, Gaetan, are wrong: You don't understand the Bible. You don't understand economics. You don't understand medicine. You don't understand the links that you provide. You ignore questions directed to you. You ignore facts that are presented. You ignore the direction of this thread. You change topics when things don't go your way. You state opinions as if they were facts. You are generally wrong about everything. You do not acknowledge and/or correct anything you say and/or do here.

Did you understand any of that?

Edit: And quite often, not only do we say that you are wrong, we, the other posters in this thread, do, in fact, provide the reasons and evidence to you to show that you are wrong.

Last edited by Little 10 Toes; 13th January 2022 at 10:15 PM.
Little 10 Toes is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2022, 10:29 PM   #4017
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Republic of Ireland
Posts: 23,152
Originally Posted by Little 10 Toes View Post
Do you have reading comprehension issues? I gave reasons why you are wrong.

But, just to oversimplify things so you can understand it, here's the post in smaller baby-size bits.

Why you, Gaetan, are wrong: You don't understand the Bible. You don't understand economics. You don't understand medicine. You don't understand the links that you provide. You ignore questions directed to you. You ignore facts that are presented. You ignore the direction of this thread. You change topics when things don't go your way. You state opinions as if they were facts. You are generally wrong about everything. You do not acknowledge and/or correct anything you say and/or do here.

Did you understand any of that?
No. Of course not. I don't want to pile on, but gaetan simply does not care. Why should any of the rest of us?

Originally Posted by Little 10 Toes View Post
Edit: And quite often, not only do we say that you are wrong, we, the other posters in this thread, do, in fact, provide the reasons and evidence to you to show that you are wrong.
Or used to. Gaetan ignores all of it. Why should anyone bother anymore?
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?


...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2022, 10:37 PM   #4018
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Republic of Ireland
Posts: 23,152
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
It is easier to say that i am wrong that to say why i am wrong
I can't hear you.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?


...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 07:55 AM   #4019
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming
 
MarkCorrigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 10,819
Coward it is then.
__________________
Naturalism adjusts it's principles to fit with the observed data.
It's a god of the facts world view. -joobz

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint, when I ask why the poor have no food they call me a communist - Hélder Câmara
MarkCorrigan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Economics, Business and Finance

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:49 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.