ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 911 conspiracy theory , CT humor , truther dictionary

Reply
Old 25th August 2012, 07:46 AM   #201
Grassy Knowlington
Muse
 
Grassy Knowlington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 527
Judy Wood - Insistence on stringent acceptance criteria that applies to everyone else's theory but not your own.
Grassy Knowlington is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th August 2012, 07:53 AM   #202
Grassy Knowlington
Muse
 
Grassy Knowlington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 527
HAARP - To make repetitive and excessive claims, as in 'he keeps haarping on about....'.
Grassy Knowlington is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th August 2012, 07:57 AM   #203
Bell
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 21,050
Breaking Spews - Spewing conspiracy theories within two minutes of any kind of breaking news.
Bell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th August 2012, 08:01 AM   #204
Ape of Good Hope
Graduate Poster
 
Ape of Good Hope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,485
Originally Posted by Grassy Knowlington View Post
Judy Wood - Insistence on stringent acceptance criteria that applies to everyone else's theory but not your own.
Judy Wood (2) - A place where crazy movies are made.
Ape of Good Hope is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th August 2012, 08:09 AM   #205
Grassy Knowlington
Muse
 
Grassy Knowlington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 527
Insurance Policy - the primary cause of building collapse.
Grassy Knowlington is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th August 2012, 08:15 AM   #206
WhenDanSaysJump
Scholar
 
WhenDanSaysJump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 91
Originally Posted by Grassy Knowlington View Post
Gage - A tool that doesn't relate to anything
WhenDanSaysJump is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th August 2012, 08:27 AM   #207
Grassy Knowlington
Muse
 
Grassy Knowlington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 527
Gravity - A force incapable of causing a damaged building to collapse.
Fire - Very much overrated chemical reaction.
Grassy Knowlington is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th August 2012, 09:22 AM   #208
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing
 
Oystein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 16,261
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
evidance - The act of artfully misinterpreting all the data you gather into an unsupported conclusion and vanity publishing it. (see also interpretive evidance)

pier review - The act of reading published evidance and tossing it into the nearest large body of water

calorimiter (also calorimater) - A device used to transmogrify paint into thermite (or thermate)

jewstification - The act of blaming Israel, Mossad, or Jews in general for everything from Uranus' strange axial tilt to the bread on your sandwich going stale
Exellent! And welcome!

I think I might add the first to my active vocabulary! Senemut is currently giving a splendid example of evidancing in another thread!
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th August 2012, 10:17 AM   #209
grandmastershek
Graduate Poster
 
grandmastershek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,454
Free-Thinker- Cognitive form of "free runner". A practitioner skilled in dodging, leaping over, & evading facts & logic.

Pancake Silat- A mental martial art in which one deflects attacks from reason through evasionary techniques such as strawman arguments.
__________________
For as the NWO are higher than the people, so are their ways higher than your ways, and their thoughts than your thoughts. (A amalgam of Isaiah 55:9 & truther logic)
grandmastershek is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th August 2012, 10:26 AM   #210
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian
 
LSSBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: An elusive house at Bachelors Grove Cemetery
Posts: 19,346
Belieber - pathetic attempt at comeback for twoofer. Syn. - Duhbunker. Cf. George Castanza and "jerk store".
__________________
"You must not let your need to be right be more important than your need to find out what's true." - Ray Dalio, Principles
LSSBB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th August 2012, 10:28 AM   #211
jhunter1163
beer-swilling semiliterate
 
jhunter1163's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Connecticut, or King Arthur's Court. Hard to tell sometimes.
Posts: 25,067
Originally Posted by grandmastershek View Post
Free-Thinker- Cognitive form of "free runner". A practitioner skilled in dodging, leaping over, & evading facts & logic.
See also "parkook".
jhunter1163 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th August 2012, 10:35 AM   #212
EventHorizon
Atheist Tergiversator
 
EventHorizon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,099
Originally Posted by LSSBB View Post
Belieber - pathetic attempt at comeback for twoofer. Syn. - Duhbunker. Cf. George Castanza and "jerk store".
I'd replace duhbunker with bedunker or bee dunker here. Duhbunker at least makes a tiny bit of sense in that the word duh has a negative connotation that implies stupidity. Bedunker and bee dunker are just beyond stupid though; they don't make any sense whatsoever.
__________________
"One of the hardest parts of being an active skeptic - of anything - is knowing when to cut your losses, and then doing so."
-Phil Plait
EventHorizon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th August 2012, 10:39 AM   #213
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian
 
LSSBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: An elusive house at Bachelors Grove Cemetery
Posts: 19,346
Originally Posted by EventHorizon View Post
I'd replace duhbunker with bedunker or bee dunker here. Duhbunker at least makes a tiny bit of sense in that the word duh has a negative connotation that implies stupidity. Bedunker and bee dunker are just beyond stupid though; they don't make any sense whatsoever.
I would add them all and let sorting their nuances out be an exercise for the reader.
__________________
"You must not let your need to be right be more important than your need to find out what's true." - Ray Dalio, Principles
LSSBB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th August 2012, 03:17 PM   #214
cjnewson88
Graduate Poster
 
cjnewson88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,699
Dylan Avery, (n.), An enclosure suitable for housing only the very rarest varieties of 'coo coo', including the Bermas, Jones, and Icke variety.
__________________
Common sense has clearly been snuck up on from behind beaten several times on the head and left to bleed.
Over 140 pieces of evidence showing American 77 hit the Pentagon http://therightbloggerbastard.blogspot.co.nz/
http://www.youtube.com/user/cjnewson88
cjnewson88 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th August 2012, 09:39 AM   #215
Grassy Knowlington
Muse
 
Grassy Knowlington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 527
Goalposts - Exemplification of Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle - the greater the succinctness and effectiveness of an opposing argument the greater the shift in position of the (metaphorical) goalposts.
Grassy Knowlington is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th August 2012, 09:56 AM   #216
Bell
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 21,050
Jewin's Law - As an online discussion on 9/11 grows longer, the probability of accusing the Jews, i.e. "the Jews were in on it" approaches 1.

Examples:

5,000 Jews didn't show up at work on 9/11.
The Jew Larry Silverstein pulled World Trade Center 7.

Note:

The Truthmovement doesn't say they hate Jews, but...

Last edited by Bell; 26th August 2012 at 10:03 AM.
Bell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th August 2012, 10:09 AM   #217
Grassy Knowlington
Muse
 
Grassy Knowlington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 527
RonPauli's Exclusion Principle - Gold and the Federal Reserve cannot exist in the same place.
Grassy Knowlington is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th August 2012, 06:05 PM   #218
cjnewson88
Graduate Poster
 
cjnewson88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,699
Szamboti, (n.), An Italian dish consisting primarily of Baloney with the unique ability to defy gravity by seemingly hovering in mid air. Best served with a side of woo.
__________________
Common sense has clearly been snuck up on from behind beaten several times on the head and left to bleed.
Over 140 pieces of evidence showing American 77 hit the Pentagon http://therightbloggerbastard.blogspot.co.nz/
http://www.youtube.com/user/cjnewson88
cjnewson88 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th August 2012, 06:07 PM   #219
cjnewson88
Graduate Poster
 
cjnewson88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,699
Truth Movement, (v.), The movement of the perception of truth farther and farther away from reality.

edit: usually occurs after each debunking.
__________________
Common sense has clearly been snuck up on from behind beaten several times on the head and left to bleed.
Over 140 pieces of evidence showing American 77 hit the Pentagon http://therightbloggerbastard.blogspot.co.nz/
http://www.youtube.com/user/cjnewson88

Last edited by cjnewson88; 27th August 2012 at 06:18 PM.
cjnewson88 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th August 2012, 08:15 PM   #220
Justin39640
Illuminator
 
Justin39640's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,199
Originally Posted by cjnewson88 View Post
Truth Movement, (v.), The movement of the perception of truth farther and farther away from reality.

edit: usually occurs after each debunking.
Synonyms: Bowel movement.



__________________
"I joined this forum to learn about the people who think that 9/11 was an inside job. I've learned that they believe nutty things and are not very good at explaining them." - FineWine
"The agencies involved with studying the WTC collapse no more needed to consider explosives than the police need to consider brain cancer in a shooting death." - ElMondoHummus
Justin39640 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th August 2012, 08:19 PM   #221
cjnewson88
Graduate Poster
 
cjnewson88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,699
__________________
Common sense has clearly been snuck up on from behind beaten several times on the head and left to bleed.
Over 140 pieces of evidence showing American 77 hit the Pentagon http://therightbloggerbastard.blogspot.co.nz/
http://www.youtube.com/user/cjnewson88
cjnewson88 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th August 2012, 03:17 AM   #222
BasqueArch
Graduate Poster
 
BasqueArch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,869
Conspinnuendo - To imply that a person or group are part of a conspiracy without explicitly saying so.
“Now that I am much more familiar with his WTC work I would have to say it appears that Bazant pushed things in the direction of collapse propagation by using incorrect values, and in less polite circles what he did might be called something other than making errors. - Tony Szamboti.
__________________
In Your Guts You Know They're Nuts. "There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true." -Kierkegaard . "The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. "- Marcus Aurelius
A Truther is a True Believer convinced by lies. You can't reason someone out of a thing they weren't reasoned into.There's a sucker born every minute-Barnum
BasqueArch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2012, 01:46 PM   #223
swright777
Muse
 
swright777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 897
Blevidence - WTC Dust/Foam samples found in a gutter 7 or more years after 9/11.
swright777 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2012, 04:05 PM   #224
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing
 
Oystein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 16,261
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
...
calorimiter (also calorimater) - A device used to transmogrify paint into thermite (or thermate)
...
Perhaps not as catchy:

Caloramateur - That dude who fiddled with a Calorimeter (or a Calorimiter) for the first time in his life, got an ordinary curve with an ordinary peak and now believes he found the mother of all smoking guns.
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2012, 12:39 AM   #225
Klimax
NWO Cyborg 5960x (subversion VPUNPCKHQDQ)
 
Klimax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Starship Wanderer - DS9
Posts: 12,538
Originally Posted by swright777 View Post
Blevidence - WTC Dust/Foam samples found in a gutter 7 or more years after 9/11.
I'd propose small modification:
Blewidence
__________________
ModBorg

Engine: Ibalgin 400
Klimax is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2012, 08:39 AM   #226
swright777
Muse
 
swright777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 897
Originally Posted by Klimax View Post
I'd propose small modification:
Blewidence
But her last name starts with 'Blevi'.
swright777 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2012, 09:03 AM   #227
Klimax
NWO Cyborg 5960x (subversion VPUNPCKHQDQ)
 
Klimax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Starship Wanderer - DS9
Posts: 12,538
Originally Posted by swright777 View Post
But her last name starts with 'Blevi'.
Interesting. I'd go for both... (blew as jew and blev(v) as blevi)

__________________
ModBorg

Engine: Ibalgin 400
Klimax is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2012, 10:04 AM   #228
swright777
Muse
 
swright777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 897
Originally Posted by Klimax View Post
Interesting. I'd go for both... (blew as jew and blev(v) as blevi)

Sounds good. If they can use alternative meanings for words I'm sure we can get away with alternative spelling.

THIS. IS. SPARTA!!!!!!!!!

Now I can never post again or that last part won't make sense.


Last edited by swright777; 4th October 2012 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Added pic so this makes sense in future.
swright777 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:08 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.