ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags alex jones , CT humor , infowars , Rachel Maddow

Old 27th April 2013, 04:05 AM   #1
LightinDarkness
Master Poster

Rachel Maddow hilariously slams conspiracy theorists, including infowars dating site

I just saw this and was laughing (sometimes out of sadness/shock at the stupidity) the whole time. Rachel Maddow apparently found out that there is a Alex Jones "Freedom Lovers" dating website, and covers it along with the recent rise of conspiracy theories due to current events.

I know Rachel Maddow is political but I think even those who disagree with her politics will find this amusing and even agree with her. I don't normally agree with Maddow at all - but she admits that while there are left wing nut conspiracies, at least for the moment they are rising on the right wing lunatic fringe at an alarming rate.

Link: http://www.nbcnews.com/id/26315908/#51683482
LightinDarkness is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th April 2013, 04:09 AM   #2
LightinDarkness
Master Poster

Example of the Alex Jones dating site: Maybe your a guy looking for a special girl...a special girl who understands the evil, manical plot by Monsanto to kill us all with GMOs. A special girl who knows how to spend her free time - searching for gold, since as we all know that silly federal reserve note fiat will be worthless any day now. Someone who is committing to living off the grid, so that when FEMA camps come to slaughter all Americans you two love bird can be safe.

If your looking for her, look no further:
http://s1076.photobucket.com/user/Pl...ml?sort=3&o=21
LightinDarkness is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th April 2013, 04:37 AM   #3
Call Me Crazy But
Scholar

How exactly does she think electricity is generated for her car and what companies are producing it? The same could be said for her 'off-grid' house.
Call Me Crazy But is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th April 2013, 08:59 AM   #4
ehcks
Illuminator

A whole website for me to use the Barney Stinson Hot-Crazy scale on? I'm going in!
Old 27th April 2013, 10:11 AM   #5
carlitos
"más divertido"

Quote:
Call Me Crazy But How exactly does she think electricity is generated for her car and what companies are producing it? The same could be said for her 'off-grid' house.
On screen, your username works really well with comments like this. Was that the plan?
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th April 2013, 12:09 PM   #6
Bishop
Critical Thinker

If I may be shallow for a moment (seeing how all we have are pictures and descriptions, it's hard not to be), a few of them aren't bad-looking. I'm trying to imagine actually signing up for this to get in contact with one of the ladies. Of course, the fact that they're using this service in the first place leads to the natural assumption that they're looking for people who share their beliefs. So I would probably have to pretend to be a fellow conspiracy nut to have any chance of dating them.

This sounds like a great setup for a romantic comedy. I'm totally selling this idea to Hollywood.
Bishop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th April 2013, 06:11 PM   #7
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger

Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
That was a great segment, LightinDarkness!

"Glenn Beck Freedom Pants" made me !
Old 27th April 2013, 06:14 PM   #8
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger

Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
Link to #InfowarsPickUpLines search:

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23info...lines&src=tyah
Old 27th April 2013, 06:40 PM   #9
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Originally Posted by Orphia Nay View Post
Link to #InfowarsPickUpLines search:

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23info...lines&src=tyah
Illuminaughty, heh.
Old 27th April 2013, 06:46 PM   #10
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

http://www.dailydot.com/lol/alex-jon...reedom-lovers/
http://www.uproxx.com/webculture/201...ating-website/

More web sites laughing at Alex Jones minded nuts.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th April 2013, 10:22 PM   #11
SkepticGuy
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by LightinDarkness View Post
I know Rachel Maddow is political but I think even those who disagree with her politics will find this amusing and even agree with her.
Hilarious.

Loved one of the Jones clips she used, made a GIF:
Old 27th April 2013, 10:26 PM   #12
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Good for Rachel (although I thought the graphic version of the 9-11 Commission Report was a little wince-inducing). Boo to any conservatives who give Alex Jones any credibility at all, including Matt Drudge. Nice to see that some of the people being asked questions by the Infowars creep realized they were just dealing with a kook and moved to the next question.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th April 2013, 10:34 PM   #13
Clayton Moore
Banned

I look forward to her outing of government and billionaire neocons.
Clayton Moore is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th April 2013, 11:06 PM   #14
Dog Town
Banned

Originally Posted by SkepticGuy View Post
Hilarious.

http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/joneexplodes.gif
I like you, more, and more!
Dog Town is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2013, 02:35 AM   #15
Gawdzilla Sama
121.92-meter mutant fire-breathing lizard-thingy

Hilarious.

I'm so stealin' that. I may put some words in his mouth.
Buying conspiracy books is a voluntary tax on stupid.
Gawdzilla Sama is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2013, 03:09 AM   #16
threadworm
Graduate Poster

Hilarious.

His oratorial style reminds me of someone...hmmm...who could it be...

Apollo Hoax Debunked
threadworm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2013, 11:59 AM   #17
Call Me Crazy But
Scholar

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
On screen, your username works really well with comments like this. Was that the plan?
So you think that she is screwing petroleum companies by buying an electric car? And how exactly is she going to take her house 'off grid'?
Call Me Crazy But is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2013, 02:11 PM   #18
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Originally Posted by ehcks View Post
A whole website for me to use the Barney Stinson Hot-Crazy scale on? I'm going in!
I just watched the short video.
Awesome joke. Awesome post.

Well, I'm off to try to balance Winona Ryder's hotness with the shoplifting conviction and her dating Matt Damon.

Last edited by Ladewig; 28th April 2013 at 02:15 PM.
Ladewig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2013, 02:31 PM   #19
brodski
Tea-Time toad

Originally Posted by Call Me Crazy But View Post
So you think that she is screwing petroleum companies by buying an electric car? And how exactly is she going to take her house 'off grid'?
I think you misread his post.
brodski is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2013, 04:05 PM   #20
swright777
Muse

Originally Posted by brodski View Post
I think you misread his post.
Either that or I misread it. It seemed to me that he was saying if you add your user name to the front of your post it makes it even better.
swright777 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2013, 08:23 PM   #21
carlitos
"más divertido"

What the hell?
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2013, 11:38 AM   #22
Call Me Crazy But
Scholar

Apologies to Carlitos and all.

Misread message. Had a crappy day at work and shouldn't bring it here. Came across as churlish and tetchy.
Old 29th April 2013, 01:01 PM   #23
kevsta
RBL CHeck Failed

Originally Posted by threadworm View Post
His oratorial style reminds me of someone...hmmm...who could it be...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-L7p5uSey-C...600/Gesch5.jpg
Did you just Godwin the "Trash the stupid CTers" thread ?

I thought only they did that?
"The world will soon wake up to the reality that everyone is broke and can collect nothing from the bankrupt, who are owed unlimited amounts by the insolvent, who are attempting to make late payments on a bank holiday in the wrong country, with an unacceptable currency, against defaulted collateral, of which nobody is sure who holds title." - Anonymous
kevsta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2013, 01:10 PM   #24
carlitos
"más divertido"

Apologies to Carlitos and all.

Misread message. Had a crappy day at work and shouldn't bring it here. Came across as churlish and tetchy.
No worries; I now see how it could have come across negatively. I did mean it as a compliment - it's witty.
Old 29th April 2013, 02:35 PM   #25
NightStar76
Thinker

She's cute, but if she's a fan of Alex Jones, I'd not touch her with a ten foot pole.
NightStar76 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th April 2013, 03:40 AM   #26
Gawdzilla Sama

Originally Posted by NightStar76 View Post
She's cute, but if she's a fan of Alex Jones, I'd not touch her with a ten foot pole.
The whole thread just shot over your head?
Gawdzilla Sama is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th April 2013, 04:36 AM   #27
threadworm
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by kevsta View Post
Did you just Godwin the "Trash the stupid CTers" thread ?

I thought only they did that?
Hmm - it was more a humorous observation of physical similarities in his facial expressions and gestures than a comment on his views . I was hoping for a similar animated gif to make it more obvious. Is it a Godwin variant: "You look like Hitler", as opposed to "You hold repugnant and vile views, just like Hitler"?

The fact that he makes Hitler look like a liberal wet is purely co-incidental.

Part of me does think that much of his public persona is feigned, and the adoption of that fist banging apoplexy is just his shtick for the paying audience, hence the mimicry of other well known public speakers' gimics. Once the "on-air" light goes out he prefers to be known as Gwendoline and relaxes in soft lacy underwear.

Apollo Hoax Debunked
threadworm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th April 2013, 09:09 AM   #28
Gawdzilla Sama

Originally Posted by threadworm View Post
Once the "on-air" light goes out he prefers to be known as Gwendoline and relaxes in soft lacy underwear.
But then, don't we all?
Old 30th April 2013, 12:36 PM   #29
Elizabeth I
Philosopher

Hilarious.

It's funny, but i think the shot of him in camo and olive drab was even better. For people so suspicious of the enforcement aspects of government, they're curiously addicted to its trappings.
Elizabeth I is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th April 2013, 04:30 PM   #30
Gawdzilla Sama

Originally Posted by Elizabeth I View Post
It's funny, but i think the shot of him in camo and olive drab was even better. For people so suspicious of the enforcement aspects of government, they're curiously addicted to its trappings.
What better way to dress when you're fomenting open rebellion against the Constitution in order to ... save ... the ... Constitution.

Old 1st May 2013, 12:13 PM   #31
Caper
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
Good for Rachel (although I thought the graphic version of the 9-11 Commission Report was a little wince-inducing). Boo to any conservatives who give Alex Jones any credibility at all, including Matt Drudge. Nice to see that some of the people being asked questions by the Infowars creep realized they were just dealing with a kook and moved to the next question.
Agreed... I always loved drudge... but almost puke every time he links infowars.
Caper is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories