ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags comic strips , CT humor , molten steel , Randall Monroe , web comics

Old 23rd October 2011, 09:47 AM   #201
ergo
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post

End of argument. Ergo loses.
Okay, then.
Old 23rd October 2011, 03:37 PM   #202
Walter Ego
Illuminator

I should note here that ergo is known to me only through quotations.

Quote:
This message is hidden because ergo is on your ignore list.
Walter Ego is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th October 2011, 10:59 PM   #203
tfk
Illuminator

Originally Posted by ergo View Post
No, as I've shown in this thread, it was boxcutter theorists who came up with this idiotic theory. 9/11 truth merely pointed out the impossibility of this. Pay attention.
No, you are wrong.

Twoofers have said for years that the buildings wouldn't have started to collapse unless the columns melted.

People with functioning brains have attempted to explain, over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over again, that it wasn't necessary in the slightest for the columns to melt.

People with functioning brains NEVER bring up "jet fuel & melted columns".

I posted 17 instances where the idjits at AE911T are STILL blathering about this idiocy.

So, Dave was right.

You are wrong.

... and the world is as it should be.

tk

PS. Oh, shame. Another troll gets suspended.

Quel surpris...!

Last edited by tfk; 24th October 2011 at 11:03 PM.
tfk is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th October 2011, 12:42 AM   #204
ozeco41
Philosopher

Originally Posted by tfk View Post
...PS. Oh, shame. Another troll gets suspended.

Quel surpris...!
For 24 hours.......
ozeco41 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th October 2011, 12:53 AM   #205
tfk
Illuminator

Originally Posted by ozeco41 View Post
For 24 hours.......
Oops.

Looks like ergo was a bad boy.

Longer than 24 hours now...!

"... nuther one bites the dust."
tfk is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th October 2011, 01:07 AM   #206
Reactor drone
Graduate Poster

Because "melt" means something different than "turn into liquid form"... Okay.
Maybe Ergo can spend his time correcting colloquial usage of the the words melt and melting elsewhere on the internet now that he's been banned. Maybe start with this Salvador Dali one about "melting" watches
Reactor drone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th October 2011, 02:03 AM   #207
uke2se
Penultimate Amazing

What was he banned for? Public Notices says suspended for 3 days.
uke2se is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th October 2011, 03:53 AM   #208
Whiplash

I respect the opinion of others, honestly I do. But this is like the 100th time in my life I've seen a "OMG FUNNY XKCD COMIC!" thread at some point, somewhere.. and read it.. and been like

I don't get why people find these funny.. I've never found a single one funny. Not a single one. They all seem trying too hard to be clever. But always falling short. Like.. clever for dumb people.

I'm sorry, but I don't get the craze. Same with those god awful penny arcade comics.
Whiplash is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th October 2011, 05:46 AM   #209
Philosopher

I felt the same way about King of the Hill, then I learned it was aimed at Texans and southerners. It simply wasn't made for me.
000063 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th October 2011, 11:58 AM   #210
tfk
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Whiplash View Post
I respect the opinion of others, honestly I do. But this is like the 100th time in my life I've seen a "OMG FUNNY XKCD COMIC!" thread at some point, somewhere.. and read it.. and been like

I don't get why people find these funny.. I've never found a single one funny. Not a single one. They all seem trying too hard to be clever. But always falling short. Like.. clever for dumb people.

I'm sorry, but I don't get the craze. Same with those god awful penny arcade comics.
Salon ... Saloon.
Opera ... Opry.

Subjective world.
Old 25th October 2011, 12:05 PM   #211
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Originally Posted by 000063 View Post
I felt the same way about King of the Hill, then I learned it was aimed at Texans and southerners. It simply wasn't made for me.
As a Midwesterner, I find King of the Hill hilarious, especially Dale and his Conspiracy Theories.
Old 25th October 2011, 02:29 PM   #212
tfk
Illuminator

Originally Posted by uke2se View Post
What was he banned for? Public Notices says suspended for 3 days.
Looks like "banned" was a temporary mis-print.

tk
Old 27th October 2011, 04:02 AM   #213
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Gosh, I see that AE911T are doing all they can to show the irrelevance to the truth movement of the "jet fuel melts steel" strawman.

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd November 2011, 09:01 AM   #214
DaveThomasNMSR
Muse

Really? You hear from "truthers" that office fires melted the steel structural framework? Who has said this and where?
Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
Gosh, I see that AE911T are doing all they can to show the irrelevance to the truth movement of the "jet fuel melts steel" strawman.

Dave

Hey, the results of the Toronto Hearings are published!

Here's Consensus Point #2 of 13:
Quote:
Point 2: A Claim about the Destruction of the Twin Towers: Impact, Jet Fuel, and Fire Only

The Official Account

The Twin Towers were brought down by airplane impacts, jet fuel, and office fires.

The Best Evidence

Experience, based on physical observation and scientific knowledge, shows that office fires, even with the aid of jet fuel, could not have reached temperatures greater than 1,800 degrees Fahrenheit (1,000 degrees Celsius).
But multiple scientific reports show that metals in the Twin Towers melted. These metals included steel, iron, and molybdenum – which normally do not melt until they reach 2,700˚F (1482˚C), 2,800˚F (1538˚ C), and 4,753˚F (2,623˚C), respectively.

How to summarize this? How about the title of this very thread: "Jet Fuel Can't Melt Steel".

ergo, your heroes have abandoned you. Feeling lonely yet?
DaveThomasNMSR is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd November 2011, 09:57 AM   #215
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

I see Marokkaan has alerted us to another strawman video, produced by enemies of the truth movement, also trying to propagate the canard that truthers think that "the official story" requires jet fuel to melt steel. This fake truther, someone called Jonathan Cole, clearly is setting out to discredit the entire movement. Look what he says:

Clearly he must be a plant, because no real truther thinks this.

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories