ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags CT humor

Old 4th December 2011, 02:24 PM   #1
Mr.D
Self Assessed Dunning-Kruger Expert

Ykybdcttlw

[Mods, maybe this belongs in the humor section - move as appropriate]

In the grand tradition of the old YKYBHTLW usenet threads and inspired by Wolfman's recent meta-trolls, I present ...

You Know You've Been Debunking Conspiracy Theories Too Long When ...

- (Sadly a true story) You drive by an International House of Pancakes and wonder "What It Happened on Purpose?"

Feel free to add your own.
Old 4th December 2011, 02:34 PM   #2
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing

I once told my wife during a particularly heated argument that she didn't know what she was talking about and was making an argument from simple incredulity.

She was not amused.
Old 4th December 2011, 03:01 PM   #3
WhenDanSaysJump
Scholar

You associate "Trading Places" primarily with Aaron Russo.
WhenDanSaysJump is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2011, 03:23 PM   #4
Nowhere Man
Thinker

You're in the middle of an argument, and you're hoping JayUtah will chime in with a devastatingly appropriate smack-down.

Fred
Nowhere Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2011, 03:32 PM   #5
tsig
a carbon based life-form

Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
[Mods, maybe this belongs in the humor section - move as appropriate]

In the grand tradition of the old YKYBHTLW usenet threads and inspired by Wolfman's recent meta-trolls, I present ...

You Know You've Been Debunking Conspiracy Theories Too Long When ...

- (Sadly a true story) You drive by an International House of Pancakes and wonder "What It Happened on Purpose?"

Feel free to add your own.
You can not only anticipate their arguments but can articulate them better than they can.
tsig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2011, 03:47 PM   #6
triforcharity
Banned

You look for a quote button in an argument.....
triforcharity is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2011, 03:49 PM   #7
Travis
Misanthrope of the Mountains

Every time you see fire bring down a steel structure you think "see, that's what happens!"
Old 4th December 2011, 06:24 PM   #8
Erock
Muse

It's just something you know. Don't ask me how.
Old 4th December 2011, 06:58 PM   #9
jhunter1163
beer-swilling semiliterate

Location: Connecticut, or King Arthur's Court. Hard to tell sometimes.
Your wife tells you there are termites in the basement and you say "NO! There CAN'T be! People would have SEEN them being planted!"
Old 5th December 2011, 04:47 AM   #10
David Swidler
Philosopher

"Evidence?"
David Swidler is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th December 2011, 07:20 AM   #11
sadhatter
Philosopher

When you use nothing but copies of loose change for target practice.

When you order toilet paper with alex jones' face on it.

You refer to unpleasant craps as " busting an avery"

You get a "Magic Bullet" blender for christmas and storm out of the room angrily.

You are violently angry toward any wrestling referee that doesn't notice a " Pearl Harbor".

You make fun of so many Ct videos, the MST3K fellows send you a copyright infringement notice.

You believe that not only 2pac is dead, but is probably going to return somewhat like the crow to stop the CT docs about him.
sadhatter is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th December 2011, 02:48 AM   #12
uk_dave
Philosopher

To be honest, whenever I see on TV some mention of the events of 9/11 without any reference to the conspiracy theories, I have to smirk as I imagine some little internet warrior going apoplectic at the tv screen.
uk_dave is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th December 2011, 06:46 AM   #13
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Ykybdcttlw

... when you watch Stone's JFK, by yourself, recovering from heart surgery and get up and start arguing with the infamous Garrison's Closing Argument scene.

This actually happened. After my bypass, I watched it again after a number of years of A) not having watched it again and B) arguing with the conspirabots here. You guys would've been proud of me! I tore him to shreds and the idiot couldn't offer anything in rebuttal. (Unfortunately, I didn't film the whole thing for YouTube but you can watch his losing side of the debate if you have a copy. Believe me, ... I kicked BUTT!)

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories