ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags CT humor , earthquake conspiracies , earthquakes

Reply
Old 26th April 2015, 05:55 PM   #1
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised
 
shemp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: People's Democratic Republic of Planet X
Posts: 28,443
What, no Nepal earthquake conspiracy theories yet?

C'mon, everybody knows da Joos used HAARP to create this false flag diversion so they can bomb Iran!
__________________
"Shemp, you are the one fixed point in an ever-changing universe." - Beady

"I don't want to live in a world without shemp." - Quarky

"...just as a magnet attracts iron filings, Trump attracts, and is attracted to, louts." - George Will
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2015, 05:59 PM   #2
ehcks
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,302
Conspiracy theorists don't know where Nepal is.
__________________
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanlon%27s_razor
ehcks is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2015, 06:00 PM   #3
Gawdzilla Sama
121.92-meter mutant fire-breathing lizard-thingy
 
Gawdzilla Sama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Northern St. Louis County, Missouri.
Posts: 42,180
You're not going to be HAARPing on this, are you?
__________________
Guns that are instantly available for use are instantly available for misuse.
World War II Diplomatic and Political Resources
Hyperwar, WWII Military History
Buying conspiracy books is a voluntary tax on stupid.
Gawdzilla Sama is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2015, 07:23 PM   #4
Venom
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,743
Originally Posted by shemp View Post
C'mon, everybody knows da Joos used HAARP to create this false flag diversion so they can bomb Iran!
I favor the idea that the Israeli-HAARP alliance conspired with India to lay waste to Pakistan.

Unfortunately they got their directions mixed up.

You know how incompetent those NWO bastards always are...
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2015, 07:25 PM   #5
fromdownunder
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 5,970
I suspect that the death of Dan Fredinburg, google executive, will bring the loons off the lake.

Norm
__________________
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in Vain


fromdownunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2015, 10:54 PM   #6
threadworm
Graduate Poster
 
threadworm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,541
Oh there have been a few mutterings a DIF in their pinned earthquake monitoring thread - specifically relating to the shallow depth of the quake (always a sign of man made earthquakes, apparently), and also relating to the fact that Nepal was very recently host to a conference discussing how to deal with earthquakes and prevent quake damage.

One idiot at DIF made the point that Nepal had no volcanoes, so, erm, yeah...no possible link to the massive big mountain range nearby at all....

We went on holiday to Nepal a good few years ago, and I have a lot of photographs of buildings that have been shown on TV to be rubble now. We drove along the Kathmandu valley and through what was the epicentre of this event. Even then we had to wait for the road to be cleared of a landslide.

Here's just a couple I spotted from the BBC compared with my own snap:







(look for the column with the statue on top on the right).

Of all the countries we've visited, Nepal was possibly the poorest.

Please donate money to a reputable charity to help people who already had very little but now have nothing.
__________________
Facts are simple and facts are straight, facts are lazy and facts are late, facts don't come with points of view, facts don't do what I want them to.

**************************

Apollo Hoax Debunked
threadworm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th April 2015, 08:10 AM   #7
threadworm
Graduate Poster
 
threadworm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,541
Originally Posted by fromdownunder View Post
I suspect that the death of Dan Fredinburg, google executive, will bring the loons off the lake.

Norm
You rang?

http://www.cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1793

I hope that witless idiot Simon Shack comes and looks at places like this to see how his 'research' is going down.

If he does, I hope he gets to read what vile, offensive pieces of filth I think he and his forum comrades are.
__________________
Facts are simple and facts are straight, facts are lazy and facts are late, facts don't come with points of view, facts don't do what I want them to.

**************************

Apollo Hoax Debunked

Last edited by threadworm; 27th April 2015 at 08:10 AM. Reason: typos
threadworm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th April 2015, 11:07 AM   #8
threadworm
Graduate Poster
 
threadworm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,541
Meanwhile, over in retardsville:

http://jimstone.is/

There's just too much in that to pick out any one thing, just hang your head in despair that this cretin is the pinnacle of evolution.
__________________
Facts are simple and facts are straight, facts are lazy and facts are late, facts don't come with points of view, facts don't do what I want them to.

**************************

Apollo Hoax Debunked
threadworm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th April 2015, 11:36 AM   #9
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing
 
dudalb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 41,479
Originally Posted by threadworm View Post
Meanwhile, over in retardsville:

http://jimstone.is/

There's just too much in that to pick out any one thing, just hang your head in despair that this cretin is the pinnacle of evolution.
God, the guy never met a conspiracy theory he did not embrace.
__________________
Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th April 2015, 11:47 AM   #10
CynicalSkeptic
Master Poster
 
CynicalSkeptic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,608
It was caused by Fraccing.
CynicalSkeptic is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th April 2015, 12:00 PM   #11
Explorer
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,137
They are not Christian in Nepal, are they?
Explorer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2015, 03:18 PM   #12
ant46
Student
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 31
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRGbV0bYc9Q

Didn't happen, apparently. This poor fellow makes the Cluesforum people seem perfectly rational - he also believes both world wars were entirely faked.
ant46 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2015, 03:27 PM   #13
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian
 
LSSBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: An elusive house at Bachelors Grove Cemetery
Posts: 19,379
Originally Posted by ant46 View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRGbV0bYc9Q

Didn't happen, apparently. This poor fellow makes the Cluesforum people seem perfectly rational - he also believes both world wars were entirely faked.
They were! After thorough analysis, I have determined that no other worlds were involved.
__________________
"You must not let your need to be right be more important than your need to find out what's true." - Ray Dalio, Principles
LSSBB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2015, 09:21 PM   #14
FromBelgiumWithLove
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Antwerp
Posts: 885
Originally Posted by Explorer View Post
They are not Christian in Nepal, are they?
No, but they were on the verge of legalizing same-sex marriage, as the first country in Asia to do so. So there's probably no conspiracy behind it, it's just God's wrath at work.
FromBelgiumWithLove is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2015, 05:45 AM   #15
Susheel
Graduate Poster
 
Susheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Hyderabad, India
Posts: 1,236
A little trivia...it is officially the largest Hindu country in the world. Their state religion is Hinduism. A lot of people think it is India, and our current government would like it to be.

Having said that I would like to reiterate thredworm's suggestion...please help in what little way you can...but beware of those who exploit a tragedy to enrich themselves.
__________________
I've got to get to a library...fast Robert Langdon
Susheel is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2015, 07:07 AM   #16
Gawdzilla Sama
121.92-meter mutant fire-breathing lizard-thingy
 
Gawdzilla Sama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Northern St. Louis County, Missouri.
Posts: 42,180
VHP leader links Nepal earthquake to ‘beef eating’

Evidently Texas is next.
__________________
Guns that are instantly available for use are instantly available for misuse.
World War II Diplomatic and Political Resources
Hyperwar, WWII Military History
Buying conspiracy books is a voluntary tax on stupid.
Gawdzilla Sama is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2015, 07:14 AM   #17
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing
 
phiwum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 10,818
Originally Posted by threadworm View Post
You rang?

http://www.cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1793

I hope that witless idiot Simon Shack comes and looks at places like this to see how his 'research' is going down.

If he does, I hope he gets to read what vile, offensive pieces of filth I think he and his forum comrades are.
You have to admit it's mighty suspicious to see Nepalese women wearing red.

If there are any blue and white striped shirts, this whole darned thing will blow wide open.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2015, 09:16 AM   #18
FromBelgiumWithLove
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Antwerp
Posts: 885
Originally Posted by Susheel View Post
A little trivia...it is officially the largest Hindu country in the world. Their state religion is Hinduism. A lot of people think it is India, and our current government would like it to be.
I'm a bit confused: which country's current government would like Nepal to be part of India, and why?
FromBelgiumWithLove is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2015, 09:25 AM   #19
FromBelgiumWithLove
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Antwerp
Posts: 885
Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
You have to admit it's mighty suspicious to see Nepalese women wearing red.

If there are any blue and white striped shirts, this whole darned thing will blow wide open.
Who's talking shirts? The blue and white flags are right there, for everyone to see:

Israel begins evacuating babies born to surrogate mothers in Nepal
Israelis evacuated from Nepal land safely in Israel

That plane was obviously prepositioned, proving advance knowledge of and complicity in the earthquake, otherwise how could they have gotten there so quickly?

And as for striped shirts, look at this:

Israel Evacuating Babies Born to Surrogate Mothers in Nepal

They might look like grey stripes in that picture, but that's obvious fotoshopping. Or an optical illusion (a word derived from 'illuminati'), like that dress, remember? Anyway, stripes in themselves, whatever the colour, are damning enough. Many threads on Cluesforum have presented research findings establishing that.

Last edited by FromBelgiumWithLove; 29th April 2015 at 09:28 AM.
FromBelgiumWithLove is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2015, 09:41 AM   #20
Susheel
Graduate Poster
 
Susheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Hyderabad, India
Posts: 1,236
Aah...the VHP...India's Hindu version of the Taliban
__________________
I've got to get to a library...fast Robert Langdon
Susheel is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2015, 09:43 AM   #21
Susheel
Graduate Poster
 
Susheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Hyderabad, India
Posts: 1,236
Originally Posted by FromBelgiumWithLove View Post
I'm a bit confused: which country's current government would like Nepal to be part of India, and why?
Pardon me my English. What I meant is that the current right wing hindu party in power would like India declared as the largest Hindu nation.
__________________
I've got to get to a library...fast Robert Langdon
Susheel is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2015, 09:46 AM   #22
CORed
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Central City, Colorado, USA
Posts: 8,317
Originally Posted by ehcks View Post
Conspiracy theorists don't know where Nepal is.
Either that or they think Nepal is fake.l
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2015, 09:51 AM   #23
CORed
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Central City, Colorado, USA
Posts: 8,317
Originally Posted by Gawdzilla Sama View Post
Well, between the beef-eating and the gay marriage, they managed to piss off both Vishnu and Yahweh. They didn't stand a chance.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2015, 10:01 AM   #24
Susheel
Graduate Poster
 
Susheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Hyderabad, India
Posts: 1,236
Yhwh doesn't like beef? He can hang with the Hindu gods then.
__________________
I've got to get to a library...fast Robert Langdon
Susheel is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2015, 10:06 AM   #25
crescent
Master Poster
 
crescent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,737
Originally Posted by Susheel View Post
A little trivia...it is officially the largest Hindu country in the world. Their state religion is Hinduism. A lot of people think it is India, and our current government would like it to be.
I thought they gave up official religion with the settlement that ended the civil war? I could be wrong.

When I lived there (late 1990's) it was illegal to proselytize for any religion other than Hinduism, although Buddhist prostelyzation was accepted. Not so long before, it was illegal to change religions, except to become Hindu. To make it a bit more complex, some Hindus don't believe a person can become Hindu, they think you must be born into it. (Hinduism is complex). The king was an avatar of Vishnu.

Not long after I arrived in-country, Nepal had an election. The city of Nepalgunj had riots after Hindu Nationalists (said to be from India) tried to prevent Muslims from voting.

We always said that Nepal is a part of India - culturally (but not politically, although some of the larger Nepali political parties are direct [openly stated] counterparts of large Indian political parties). It is the part of India that never got colonized by the British. That's an oversimplification, but there is a bit of truth to it.

Last edited by crescent; 29th April 2015 at 10:13 AM.
crescent is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2015, 10:34 AM   #26
Gawdzilla Sama
121.92-meter mutant fire-breathing lizard-thingy
 
Gawdzilla Sama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Northern St. Louis County, Missouri.
Posts: 42,180
Originally Posted by Susheel View Post
Yhwh doesn't like beef? He can hang with the Hindu gods then.
He doesn't like gay beef.
__________________
Guns that are instantly available for use are instantly available for misuse.
World War II Diplomatic and Political Resources
Hyperwar, WWII Military History
Buying conspiracy books is a voluntary tax on stupid.
Gawdzilla Sama is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2015, 01:18 PM   #27
threadworm
Graduate Poster
 
threadworm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,541
If I remember rightly it's never been conquered by anyone.

There's also a healthy Buddhist influence from Tibet (at least in Kathmandu). The streets are very well populated with Hindu and other shrines, but the most impressive temples are the Buddhist Stupas. One of those, the famous 'Monkey temple' on the outskirts of Kathmandu has been badly damaged.
__________________
Facts are simple and facts are straight, facts are lazy and facts are late, facts don't come with points of view, facts don't do what I want them to.

**************************

Apollo Hoax Debunked
threadworm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2015, 01:49 PM   #28
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing
 
phiwum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 10,818
Originally Posted by FromBelgiumWithLove View Post
Who's talking shirts? The blue and white flags are right there, for everyone to see:

Israel begins evacuating babies born to surrogate mothers in Nepal
Israelis evacuated from Nepal land safely in Israel

That plane was obviously prepositioned, proving advance knowledge of and complicity in the earthquake, otherwise how could they have gotten there so quickly?

And as for striped shirts, look at this:

Israel Evacuating Babies Born to Surrogate Mothers in Nepal

They might look like grey stripes in that picture, but that's obvious fotoshopping. Or an optical illusion (a word derived from 'illuminati'), like that dress, remember? Anyway, stripes in themselves, whatever the colour, are damning enough. Many threads on Cluesforum have presented research findings establishing that.
Color doesn't really matter at all, as you say.

The breadth of examples of blue and white shirts is really pretty incredible. See this, this, or this. Other examples abound, but I omitted any graphic images and chose from one page on the thread.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th May 2015, 08:18 AM   #29
Azrael 5
Philosopher
 
Azrael 5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 5,861
I always wonder when it comes to CT nuts why they think likes of Simon Shack are still alive? In any grand CT anyone who dies remotely connected to it has been murdered generally,so how com tptb dont bump off liek sof Shack and Alex Jones etc.
__________________
"I achieve these results through a mixture of magic,misdirection,suggestion and showmanship"-Derren Brown
Azrael 5 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th May 2015, 09:11 AM   #30
Hans
Philosopher
 
Hans's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 7,655
Originally Posted by Azrael 5 View Post
I always wonder when it comes to CT nuts why they think likes of Simon Shack are still alive? In any grand CT anyone who dies remotely connected to it has been murdered generally,so how com tptb dont bump off liek sof Shack and Alex Jones etc.
CT explanation: "Because that would prove the conspiracy correct" OR "that guy is a disinformation agent working for THEM".

However in some cases this can be modified by:

Rule #18: If something is real the person saying it will die or disappear, if it is false they will not.
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:47 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.