ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags CT humor , earthquake conspiracies , earthquakes

Old 26th April 2015, 05:55 PM   #1
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

What, no Nepal earthquake conspiracy theories yet?

C'mon, everybody knows da Joos used HAARP to create this false flag diversion so they can bomb Iran!

"I don't want to live in a world without shemp." - Quarky

"...just as a magnet attracts iron filings, Trump attracts, and is attracted to, louts." - George Will
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2015, 05:59 PM   #2
ehcks
Illuminator

Conspiracy theorists don't know where Nepal is.
Old 26th April 2015, 06:00 PM   #3
Gawdzilla Sama
121.92-meter mutant fire-breathing lizard-thingy

You're not going to be HAARPing on this, are you?
Buying conspiracy books is a voluntary tax on stupid.
Gawdzilla Sama is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2015, 07:23 PM   #4
Venom
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by shemp View Post
C'mon, everybody knows da Joos used HAARP to create this false flag diversion so they can bomb Iran!
I favor the idea that the Israeli-HAARP alliance conspired with India to lay waste to Pakistan.

Unfortunately they got their directions mixed up.

You know how incompetent those NWO bastards always are...
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2015, 07:25 PM   #5
fromdownunder
Philosopher

I suspect that the death of Dan Fredinburg, google executive, will bring the loons off the lake.

Norm

fromdownunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2015, 10:54 PM   #6
threadworm
Graduate Poster

Oh there have been a few mutterings a DIF in their pinned earthquake monitoring thread - specifically relating to the shallow depth of the quake (always a sign of man made earthquakes, apparently), and also relating to the fact that Nepal was very recently host to a conference discussing how to deal with earthquakes and prevent quake damage.

One idiot at DIF made the point that Nepal had no volcanoes, so, erm, yeah...no possible link to the massive big mountain range nearby at all....

We went on holiday to Nepal a good few years ago, and I have a lot of photographs of buildings that have been shown on TV to be rubble now. We drove along the Kathmandu valley and through what was the epicentre of this event. Even then we had to wait for the road to be cleared of a landslide.

Here's just a couple I spotted from the BBC compared with my own snap:

(look for the column with the statue on top on the right).

Of all the countries we've visited, Nepal was possibly the poorest.

Please donate money to a reputable charity to help people who already had very little but now have nothing.

Apollo Hoax Debunked
threadworm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th April 2015, 08:10 AM   #7
threadworm
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by fromdownunder View Post
I suspect that the death of Dan Fredinburg, google executive, will bring the loons off the lake.

Norm
You rang?

http://www.cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1793

I hope that witless idiot Simon Shack comes and looks at places like this to see how his 'research' is going down.

If he does, I hope he gets to read what vile, offensive pieces of filth I think he and his forum comrades are.

Apollo Hoax Debunked

Last edited by threadworm; 27th April 2015 at 08:10 AM. Reason: typos
threadworm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th April 2015, 11:07 AM   #8
threadworm
Graduate Poster

Meanwhile, over in retardsville:

http://jimstone.is/

There's just too much in that to pick out any one thing, just hang your head in despair that this cretin is the pinnacle of evolution.

Apollo Hoax Debunked
Old 27th April 2015, 11:36 AM   #9
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by threadworm View Post
Meanwhile, over in retardsville:

http://jimstone.is/

There's just too much in that to pick out any one thing, just hang your head in despair that this cretin is the pinnacle of evolution.
God, the guy never met a conspiracy theory he did not embrace.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th April 2015, 11:47 AM   #10
CynicalSkeptic
Master Poster

It was caused by Fraccing.
CynicalSkeptic is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th April 2015, 12:00 PM   #11
Explorer
Graduate Poster

They are not Christian in Nepal, are they?
Explorer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2015, 03:18 PM   #12
ant46
Student

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRGbV0bYc9Q

Didn't happen, apparently. This poor fellow makes the Cluesforum people seem perfectly rational - he also believes both world wars were entirely faked.
ant46 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2015, 03:27 PM   #13
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Originally Posted by ant46 View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRGbV0bYc9Q

Didn't happen, apparently. This poor fellow makes the Cluesforum people seem perfectly rational - he also believes both world wars were entirely faked.
They were! After thorough analysis, I have determined that no other worlds were involved.
Old 28th April 2015, 09:21 PM   #14
FromBelgiumWithLove

Originally Posted by Explorer View Post
They are not Christian in Nepal, are they?
No, but they were on the verge of legalizing same-sex marriage, as the first country in Asia to do so. So there's probably no conspiracy behind it, it's just God's wrath at work.
FromBelgiumWithLove is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2015, 05:45 AM   #15
Susheel
Graduate Poster

A little trivia...it is officially the largest Hindu country in the world. Their state religion is Hinduism. A lot of people think it is India, and our current government would like it to be.

Having said that I would like to reiterate thredworm's suggestion...please help in what little way you can...but beware of those who exploit a tragedy to enrich themselves.
Old 29th April 2015, 07:07 AM   #16
Gawdzilla Sama

VHP leader links Nepal earthquake to ‘beef eating’

Evidently Texas is next.
Gawdzilla Sama is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2015, 07:14 AM   #17
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by threadworm View Post
You rang?

http://www.cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1793

I hope that witless idiot Simon Shack comes and looks at places like this to see how his 'research' is going down.

If he does, I hope he gets to read what vile, offensive pieces of filth I think he and his forum comrades are.
You have to admit it's mighty suspicious to see Nepalese women wearing red.

If there are any blue and white striped shirts, this whole darned thing will blow wide open.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2015, 09:16 AM   #18
FromBelgiumWithLove

Originally Posted by Susheel View Post
A little trivia...it is officially the largest Hindu country in the world. Their state religion is Hinduism. A lot of people think it is India, and our current government would like it to be.
I'm a bit confused: which country's current government would like Nepal to be part of India, and why?
FromBelgiumWithLove is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2015, 09:25 AM   #19
FromBelgiumWithLove

Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
You have to admit it's mighty suspicious to see Nepalese women wearing red.

If there are any blue and white striped shirts, this whole darned thing will blow wide open.
Who's talking shirts? The blue and white flags are right there, for everyone to see:

Israel begins evacuating babies born to surrogate mothers in Nepal
Israelis evacuated from Nepal land safely in Israel

That plane was obviously prepositioned, proving advance knowledge of and complicity in the earthquake, otherwise how could they have gotten there so quickly?

And as for striped shirts, look at this:

Israel Evacuating Babies Born to Surrogate Mothers in Nepal

They might look like grey stripes in that picture, but that's obvious fotoshopping. Or an optical illusion (a word derived from 'illuminati'), like that dress, remember? Anyway, stripes in themselves, whatever the colour, are damning enough. Many threads on Cluesforum have presented research findings establishing that.

Last edited by FromBelgiumWithLove; 29th April 2015 at 09:28 AM.
Old 29th April 2015, 09:41 AM   #20
Susheel
Graduate Poster

Aah...the VHP...India's Hindu version of the Taliban
Old 29th April 2015, 09:43 AM   #21
Susheel
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by FromBelgiumWithLove View Post
I'm a bit confused: which country's current government would like Nepal to be part of India, and why?
Pardon me my English. What I meant is that the current right wing hindu party in power would like India declared as the largest Hindu nation.
Old 29th April 2015, 09:46 AM   #22
CORed
Philosopher

Originally Posted by ehcks View Post
Conspiracy theorists don't know where Nepal is.
Either that or they think Nepal is fake.l
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2015, 09:51 AM   #23
CORed
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Gawdzilla Sama View Post
Well, between the beef-eating and the gay marriage, they managed to piss off both Vishnu and Yahweh. They didn't stand a chance.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2015, 10:01 AM   #24
Susheel
Graduate Poster

Yhwh doesn't like beef? He can hang with the Hindu gods then.
Old 29th April 2015, 10:06 AM   #25
crescent
Master Poster

I thought they gave up official religion with the settlement that ended the civil war? I could be wrong.

When I lived there (late 1990's) it was illegal to proselytize for any religion other than Hinduism, although Buddhist prostelyzation was accepted. Not so long before, it was illegal to change religions, except to become Hindu. To make it a bit more complex, some Hindus don't believe a person can become Hindu, they think you must be born into it. (Hinduism is complex). The king was an avatar of Vishnu.

Not long after I arrived in-country, Nepal had an election. The city of Nepalgunj had riots after Hindu Nationalists (said to be from India) tried to prevent Muslims from voting.

We always said that Nepal is a part of India - culturally (but not politically, although some of the larger Nepali political parties are direct [openly stated] counterparts of large Indian political parties). It is the part of India that never got colonized by the British. That's an oversimplification, but there is a bit of truth to it.

Last edited by crescent; 29th April 2015 at 10:13 AM.
crescent is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2015, 10:34 AM   #26
Gawdzilla Sama

Yhwh doesn't like beef? He can hang with the Hindu gods then.
He doesn't like gay beef.
Old 29th April 2015, 01:18 PM   #27
threadworm
Graduate Poster

If I remember rightly it's never been conquered by anyone.

There's also a healthy Buddhist influence from Tibet (at least in Kathmandu). The streets are very well populated with Hindu and other shrines, but the most impressive temples are the Buddhist Stupas. One of those, the famous 'Monkey temple' on the outskirts of Kathmandu has been badly damaged.

Apollo Hoax Debunked
Old 29th April 2015, 01:49 PM   #28
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by FromBelgiumWithLove View Post
Who's talking shirts? The blue and white flags are right there, for everyone to see:

Israel begins evacuating babies born to surrogate mothers in Nepal
Israelis evacuated from Nepal land safely in Israel

That plane was obviously prepositioned, proving advance knowledge of and complicity in the earthquake, otherwise how could they have gotten there so quickly?

And as for striped shirts, look at this:

Israel Evacuating Babies Born to Surrogate Mothers in Nepal

They might look like grey stripes in that picture, but that's obvious fotoshopping. Or an optical illusion (a word derived from 'illuminati'), like that dress, remember? Anyway, stripes in themselves, whatever the colour, are damning enough. Many threads on Cluesforum have presented research findings establishing that.
Color doesn't really matter at all, as you say.

The breadth of examples of blue and white shirts is really pretty incredible. See this, this, or this. Other examples abound, but I omitted any graphic images and chose from one page on the thread.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th May 2015, 08:18 AM   #29
Azrael 5
Philosopher

I always wonder when it comes to CT nuts why they think likes of Simon Shack are still alive? In any grand CT anyone who dies remotely connected to it has been murdered generally,so how com tptb dont bump off liek sof Shack and Alex Jones etc.
Old 6th May 2015, 09:11 AM   #30
Hans
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Azrael 5 View Post
I always wonder when it comes to CT nuts why they think likes of Simon Shack are still alive? In any grand CT anyone who dies remotely connected to it has been murdered generally,so how com tptb dont bump off liek sof Shack and Alex Jones etc.
CT explanation: "Because that would prove the conspiracy correct" OR "that guy is a disinformation agent working for THEM".

However in some cases this can be modified by:

Rule #18: If something is real the person saying it will die or disappear, if it is false they will not.
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories