ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags CT humor

Old 5th October 2015, 08:36 PM   #1
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Oh Nos! Avril Lavigne was Replaced with an Actress

Quote:
Investigating the Conspiracy That Says Avril Lavigne Was Killed off and Replaced with an Actress

The Avril Lavigne behind the abhorrent slumber-party hit “Hello Kitty” is not the same Avril Lavigne behind “SK8R Boi,” “Complicated,” or even “Mobile”—a single released only in Australia and New Zealand and part of the soundtrack to the equally dire hollywood blockbuster Wimbledon. Because, dear readers, the Avril Lavigne behind “SK8R Boi” is dead and was replaced with an actress shortly after the release of her seminal debut album Let Go.
https://noisey.vice.com/blog/was-avr...ith-an-actress

Lots of evidence.

I'll leave it to the experts here to disabuse me.
Old 5th October 2015, 08:49 PM   #2
Puppycow
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
When Avril Lavigne released the video for the hyper-kawaii trainwreck of a track “Hello Kitty” two years ago, fans were confused. Aside from the claims of cultural appropriation—Billboard were just one of many publications to assert that the track squeezed “Gwen Stefani's Japan fetishization into an even more unseemly package”—the track introduced a markedly different Lavigne to the character her fans had come to know.
Were the Japanese upset though?

Odd as it may seem, this event escaped my attention at the time. Seems there are many Japanese groups that do "Japan fetishization" too, but I guess that's allowed.
Old 6th October 2015, 03:01 AM   #3
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Originally Posted by Gord_in_Toronto View Post
https://noisey.vice.com/blog/was-avr...ith-an-actress

Lots of evidence.

I'll leave it to the experts here to disabuse me.
I love the comparative skin blemish maps of the face and arms.
Old 6th October 2015, 08:23 AM   #4
Whip
Graduate Poster

that photoshopped grave is poorly photoshopped. just sayin'
Whip is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2015, 09:04 AM   #5
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Did they bury her next to Paul McCartney?
Old 6th October 2015, 09:38 AM   #6
deaman
Philosopher

Oh, is Avril still around?
deaman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2015, 01:04 PM   #7
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by deaman View Post
Oh, is Avril still around?

No! Didn't you even bother to read this thread?!?
Old 6th October 2015, 05:55 PM   #8
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
No! Didn't you even bother to read this thread?!?
See? We are fooling some people.
Old 6th October 2015, 06:02 PM   #9
fromdownunder
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Please try to keep up. All the Beatles died in 1964 and were replaced by fake Beatles.

http://www.reformation.org/beatles-w...d-in-1966.html

Norm

fromdownunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2015, 06:20 PM   #10
Puppycow
Penultimate Amazing

Why is there so much foolish conspiracy talk on the internet about pop music stars?

I mean, who cares? I think if I was making a music video I'd deliberately put illuminati symbols in it just to yank their chain. Get them to yammer about that, it's free publicity.
Old 6th October 2015, 07:50 PM   #11
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Puppycow View Post
Why is there so much foolish conspiracy talk on the internet about pop music stars?

I mean, who cares? I think if I was making a music video I'd deliberately put illuminati symbols in it just to yank their chain. Get them to yammer about that, it's free publicity.
Why do you hate America?
Old 7th October 2015, 04:22 AM   #12
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Obviously the four-armed extra-dimensional shapeshifting aliens got her too.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2015, 03:21 PM   #13
Travis
Misanthrope of the Mountains

I proposed we turn Bryan Adams into sixty foot tall robot eh but they said that would be a "waste of valuable Canadian resources." Then they went and did this for some inexplicable reason.
Old 13th October 2015, 04:21 PM   #14
Ocelot
Illuminator

Do we really need such a complicated reason to explain why one single credited to
Scott Spock, Lauren Christy, Graham Edwards and a teenage Avril Lavigne is different musically from a filler track written by Chad Kroeger, David Hodges, Martin Johnson and a nearly 29 year old Avril Lavigne.

Can an artist really not be involved in more than one genre? Do we need to be looking for the Clint Eastwood body double responsible for Bridges of Madison County?
Old 14th October 2015, 05:17 AM   #15
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

It all seems perfectly reasonable to me. After all, how is the music industry ever supposed to make any money from a dead celebrity?

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th October 2015, 08:22 AM   #16
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
It all seems perfectly reasonable to me. After all, how is the music industry ever supposed to make any money from a dead celebrity?

Dave
I could not find a decent, current list via Google of top royalty payments for the dead and gone to the Great Studio in the Sky but:

Quote:
Raking in an impressive $145 million in 2012, Michael Jackson tops Forbes' new list of the top-earning dead musicians, which also includes Elvis Presley, Bob Marley, John Lennon, George Harrison and the Broadway composer Richard Rodgers.

The six names on the list all earned more than $5 million from October 2011 to October 2012, . . .
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...cians-20121101
Old 14th October 2015, 08:39 AM   #17
zooterkin
Nitpicking dilettante
Deputy Admin

Originally Posted by Puppycow View Post

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Join the JREF Folders ! Team 13232
Ezekiel 23:20
zooterkin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th October 2015, 09:22 AM   #18
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by Gord_in_Toronto View Post
I could not find a decent, current list via Google of top royalty payments for the dead and gone to the Great Studio in the Sky
Sorry, I forgot the SARCASM sign.

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th October 2015, 11:38 AM   #19
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
Sorry, I forgot the SARCASM sign.

Dave
That's OK. I could not find the HaHa smilie.
Old 15th October 2015, 10:52 PM   #20
Travis
Misanthrope of the Mountains

Well Tupac keeps releasing singles even though he's been quite dead for two decades now.
Old 16th October 2015, 08:04 AM   #21
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Travis View Post
Well Tupac keeps releasing singles even though he's been quite dead for two decades now.
Ahem. Surely you don't believe Tupac is really dead do you?
Old 16th October 2015, 01:32 PM   #22
Myriad
Hyperthetical

Location: A pocket paradise between the sewage treatment plant and the railroad
Is this about some conspiracy to secretly replace pop recording stars with singers?
Old 16th October 2015, 02:06 PM   #23
Allen773
Muse

Originally Posted by Myriad View Post
Is this about some conspiracy to secretly replace pop recording stars with singers?
The inverse of Milli Vanilli?
Allen773 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories