ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags al gore , CT humor , Democrat conspiracies , election conspiracies , michelle obama , Obama Conspiracies , paul watson , politics humor

Old 21st October 2016, 01:11 PM   #1
icebear
Muse

Icebear's thread to post things that he finds interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpLAzAZXi2A
icebear is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st October 2016, 01:14 PM   #2
calebprime
moleman

Can you provide a summary?

I have issues with motion sickness that make it difficult to watch videos sometimes.
calebprime is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st October 2016, 01:20 PM   #3
Jrrarglblarg

Originally Posted by calebprime View Post
Can you provide a summary?

I have issues with motion sickness that make it difficult to watch videos sometimes.
Angry ranting full of f-bombs and unsupported assertions. Another "idiot yelling at screen top camera" video, but at least he has a map background instead of the usual ugly apartment.

I don't know who this jerkoff is or why his opinion should be given any weight whatever.
Jrrarglblarg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st October 2016, 01:25 PM   #4
Stacko
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Jrrarglblarg View Post
Angry ranting full of f-bombs and unsupported assertions. Another "idiot yelling at screen top camera" video, but at least he has a map background instead of the usual ugly apartment.

I don't know who this jerkoff is or why his opinion should be given any weight whatever.
He's an infowars nutter.
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st October 2016, 01:35 PM   #5
marplots
Penultimate Amazing

It's actually Paul Joseph Watson.

Paul Franklin Watson is the guy with the Sea Shepherd. He has an entirely different brand of nutty, but at least it's safe for work.

Maybe this guy is his son?
marplots is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st October 2016, 01:42 PM   #6
Jrrarglblarg

Originally Posted by Stacko View Post
He's an infowars nutter.
My closing statement still stands.
Jrrarglblarg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st October 2016, 01:48 PM   #7
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

My closing statement still stands.
Your description of Watson fits almost everybody on "Infowars".

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st October 2016, 02:02 PM   #8
Jrrarglblarg

I agree. And I continue to assert he, and they, voice opinions that should be given no weight whatsoever.

Perhaps icebear can not be a seagull and actually discuss his or her own topic and explain why a jerkoff ranting profane, uninformed nuttery deserves any attention at all.

Last edited by Jrrarglblarg; 21st October 2016 at 02:04 PM.
Old 21st October 2016, 02:35 PM   #9
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by icebear View Post
Yeah,,,, there is a reason why it's customary to include a bit of context.
For instance:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TJilRIJzBA

"Paul Watson" is not a unique name.
I was expecting an eco-warrior video.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st October 2016, 03:23 PM   #10
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

I agree. And I continue to assert he, and they, voice opinions that should be given no weight whatsoever.

Perhaps icebear can not be a seagull and actually discuss his or her own topic and explain why a jerkoff ranting profane, uninformed nuttery deserves any attention at all.
I occasionally go to Infowars when in the mood for a good laugh.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st October 2016, 03:59 PM   #11
Macgyver1968
Philosopher

Originally Posted by jaydeehess View Post
Yeah,,,, there is a reason why it's customary to include a bit of context.
For instance:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TJilRIJzBA

"Paul Watson" is not a unique name.
I was expecting an eco-warrior video.
Yeah..me too. I thought it was going to be from the Sea Shepard guy. He's been pretty much off the radar since he jumped bail in Germany, and has been on the lam ever since.
Old 21st October 2016, 05:14 PM   #12
smartcooky
Philosopher

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Your description of Watson fits almost everybody on "Infowars".

Only "almost"?
smartcooky is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st October 2016, 05:48 PM   #13
marplots
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Macgyver1968 View Post
Yeah..me too. I thought it was going to be from the Sea Shepard guy. He's been pretty much off the radar since he jumped bail in Germany, and has been on the lam ever since.
I heard the whales wrote a song about him. That's really touching.
marplots is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st October 2016, 05:54 PM   #14
Jrrarglblarg

Originally Posted by marplots View Post
I heard the whales wrote a song about him. That's really touching.
Can you hum a few bars?
Old 21st October 2016, 06:07 PM   #15
marplots
Penultimate Amazing

Can you hum a few bars?
I don't have the pipes for it.

Apparently it's more of a protest song where they accuse Watson of preventing the "sea police" from taking vile criminals away to their (the criminals') just reward. It's been reported that recent Japanese whaling successes rely on tips from right-thinking whales.
Old 21st October 2016, 06:22 PM   #16
Noztradamus
Illuminator

OK NOT the reality TV star. (What happened to him?)

ETA: Thanks Macgyver1968

Last edited by Noztradamus; 21st October 2016 at 06:24 PM.
Noztradamus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st October 2016, 06:49 PM   #17
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

I don't have the pipes for it.

Apparently it's more of a protest song where they accuse Watson of preventing the "sea police" from taking vile criminals away to their (the criminals') just reward. It's been reported that recent Japanese whaling successes rely on tips from right-thinking whales.
Just watched a documentary on whale justice called " In the Heart of the Sea".
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st October 2016, 07:03 PM   #18
marplots
Penultimate Amazing

As to the other Watson from the OP, I just want to smother him in my ample bosom, hug him tight and stroke his hair.

"There, there. Let it out, let it all out. It will be OK, mommy promises it'll be fine."

So much anger. Don't they let young people have sex anymore? Sex is very relaxing.
Old 21st October 2016, 11:59 PM   #19
icebear
Muse

The 2000 election in Flori-DUH, what actually happened...

Basically, W. was up something like 60,000 votes with something like 25 minutes till the polls closed. Nobody makes up 60K votes in 25 minutes... Algor called up to concede.

Nonetheless, 25 minutes later, the world was being told that it was all even, i.e. that the demmunists had manufactured 60K votes and spread them around...

But they missed their tally by a couple of thousand. They tried recounting the votes every possible way but there was no way to get Algor over the top with other people's eyes on the process. A major demmunist attempt to steal an election had been thwarted.

Several organizations tried to determine what it would take to produce a hanging or "dimpled" chad by test with Flori-DUH voting machines; the only way anybody could do it was by trying to punch 20 or 30 ballots at a time. In other words, a hanging or dimpled chad was just an artifact of vote manufacturing.

Why was Flori-DUH still using that kind of technology in 2000 AD?? We heard all this stupid noise: "Oh, those poor, poor, impoverished people can't afford modern computer technology..."

********. There are hotels, motels, grocery stores and every sort of thing in Dade county and elsewhere in Flori-DUH, and none of them were still using punch-cards in 2000 AD. Hollerith cards were being used precisely because they were conducive and adaptable to voter fraud.

Dinesh D'Souza is right. Franklin Roosevelt was an aberration, the demmunist/de-moKKKer-Rat party throughout most of its history has been a criminal enterprise.
icebear is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2016, 12:02 AM   #20
icebear
Muse

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/ne...posts?page=112
Old 22nd October 2016, 12:10 AM   #21
Cain
Straussian

Thanks for setting the record straight. That's an authoritative account, so you don't need to say anything about this ever again.
Old 22nd October 2016, 05:33 AM   #22
3point14
Pi

Algor

demmunists

Algor

demmunist

Flori-DUHdemmunist/de-moKKKer-Rat party

Why the **** would you think anyone would ever take you seriously?

Last edited by 3point14; 22nd October 2016 at 05:34 AM.
3point14 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2016, 07:05 AM   #23
icebear
Muse

Don't get me wrong, I pretty much despise George W. Bush and view him a sort of an idiot. The one service he ever really provided for the United States was to prevent a very much bigger idiot (Algor) from occupying the white house.

If that had happened, then we really would be rubbing sticks together to make fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz6IpmmYSXA
Old 22nd October 2016, 07:18 AM   #24
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

Conspiracy forum is that way.
BobTheCoward is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2016, 08:57 AM   #25
grunion
Philosopher

No, based upon a number of independent statewide recounts, Gore received about 100 more votes in Florida than Bush using either party's standard for counting chads to determine voters' intent. Had Gore been able to get a statewide recount, and had the Supreme Court not intervened, Gore would have won.
“Of all the offspring of Time, Error is the most ancient, and is so old and familiar an acquaintance, that Truth, when discovered, comes upon most of us like an intruder, and meets the intruder's welcome.”
― Charles Mackay, 1841 - Extraordinary Popular Delusions And The Madness Of Crowds
grunion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2016, 10:50 AM   #26
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Freerepublic is a reliable source?

Robert Heinlein.
Old 22nd October 2016, 11:16 AM   #27
KatieG
Rootin' Tootin' Raspberry

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Freerepublic is a reliable source?
Not in the slightest! Those folks are bat **** crazy on the highest level!

Basically, if the GOP doesn't want to be called the white supremacy party, they should stop acting like they are.
-Mumbles
KatieG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2016, 01:09 PM   #28
IXP
Graduate Poster

And now we have Trump apologists bringing up how Al Gore would not accept the results of the election. Read your history. It was G.W. Bush who sued. Gore was merely pursuing his right to a manual recount that is written in the FLA law. And this was after a machine recount was automatically triggered because the margin of victory was less than 1%.

The Supreme court ruling was also very strange. They said that a full state recount would still violate the equal protection law because different voting methods were used across the state and therefore there could not be uniform rules for the recount. How is it that those same facts did not mean the original election was invalid?

IXP
Old 22nd October 2016, 01:44 PM   #29
Spindrift
Time Person of the Year, 2006

Minor detail in that mass produced ballot theory. The ballot differed in each county.
Spindrift is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2016, 03:08 PM   #30
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by 3point14 View Post
Why the **** would you think anyone would ever take you seriously?
I dunno, that kind of terminology regularly passes without objection or even comment in the US politics subforum.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2016, 01:37 AM   #31
Degeneve
Muse

Basically, W. was up something like 60,000 votes with something like 25 minutes till the polls closed. Nobody makes up 60K votes in 25 minutes... Algor called up to concede.

Nonetheless, 25 minutes later, the world was being told that it was all even, i.e. that the demmunists had manufactured 60K votes and spread them around...
I am just wondering how one could do to know for sure that Bush "was up something like 60,000 votes with something like 25 minutes till the polls closed" when no counting had even taken place.

And if I remember well Al Gore did not call to concede 25 minutes before the closing of the polls.
Degeneve is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2016, 02:29 AM   #32
icebear
Muse

The 60K number was from exit polling and Algor did call up to concede a half hour or so prior to polls closing and then, in fact, called up again later to de-concede.

I'll never forget those marches on Mass. Ave.....
Old 23rd October 2016, 05:15 AM   #33
Halcyon Dayz
Critical Thinker

This "Algor" seems to be a fictional character.

Nobody in the real world concedes over the phone. And they most assuredly don't do it before the polls close.
Old 23rd October 2016, 05:23 AM   #34
SezMe
post-pre-born

What is a demmunist?

Why do you want to rehash the 2000 debacle 16 years later?

Do you actually read and consider what other posters offer?
SezMe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2016, 05:26 AM   #35
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Halcyon Dayz View Post
This "Algor" seems to be a fictional character.

Nobody in the real world concedes over the phone. And they most assuredly don't do it before the polls close.
I think there is a tradition of calling the winner to concede, as well as giving a concession speech thereafter.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2016, 10:14 AM   #36
Degeneve
Muse

The 60K number was from exit polling and Algor did call up to concede a half hour or so prior to polls closing and then, in fact, called up again later to de-concede.

I'll never forget those marches on Mass. Ave.....
I really doubt he would have conceded half an hour before closing in Florida, which means that on the West Coast polling operations were still going for hours before closing.

But you have surely some reliable sources to back up your statement...
Degeneve is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2016, 10:24 AM   #37
The Great Zaganza
Illuminator

There is a difference between exist poll and vote count, you know?
Old 23rd October 2016, 05:26 PM   #38
ddt
Mafia Penguin

Originally Posted by grunion View Post
No, based upon a number of independent statewide recounts, Gore received about 100 more votes in Florida than Bush using either party's standard for counting chads to determine voters' intent. Had Gore been able to get a statewide recount, and had the Supreme Court not intervened, Gore would have won.
If I remember correctly, the problem was that Gore didn't actually ask for a statewide recount, but only in specific counties.

Of course, the far more important factor was Katherine Harris' very enthusiastic purging of the voter rolls of anyone whose name slightly resembled that of a felon.
"I think it is very beautiful for the poor to accept their lot, to share it with the passion of Christ. I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people." - "Saint" Teresa, the lying thieving Albanian dwarf

"I think accuracy is important" - Vixen
ddt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th October 2016, 10:28 AM   #39
tinribmancer
Hasbarian NWO Templar Cattle

Talking

As to the other Watson from the OP, I just want to smother him in my ample bosom, hug him tight and stroke his hair.

"There, there. Let it out, let it all out. It will be OK, mommy promises it'll be fine."

So much anger. Don't they let young people have sex anymore? Sex is very relaxing.
Who says anyone wants to have sex with a CTer?

Infowars Watcher: Alex Jones Is Our Protector and Savior from the evil Governments!!! He promotes Truth!!!

His girlfriend: Oh, I can show you some "truth" aswell.

Infowars Watcher: "W-Wait! Y-You don't understand! He told everyone the truth about The All famous Inside-job and the Devious Chemtrails!!

His girlfriend: Oh, yes. Please do teach me everything about the "Inside-Job" with your "Chemtrail".

Also, Religious CTers don't believe in Sex before marriage, since God punishes those who have sex before marriage. Don't know what non religious types think. My own CTer used to visit the hookers once in a while (not sure if he didn't this when he had a girlfriend).

ETA: this does give the word "Inside Jobby Job" a whole new meaning...

JC Denton

Last edited by tinribmancer; 24th October 2016 at 10:36 AM.
tinribmancer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th October 2016, 11:41 AM   #40
marplots
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by tinribmancer View Post
Who says anyone wants to have sex with a CTer?
The cause and effect works both ways.

"I've got a job, tidied up, gone around looking for a suitable mate, made the appropriate advances - and still no one wants to have sex with me! It's almost like some nefarious force is working behind the scenes to thwart my goals.

"I think I'll go on the Internet to ease my frustration..."

Lack of sex would explain why they typically have so much energy and time. The idea appeals to me on a Karma/Darwinian basis.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories