ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags al gore , CT humor , Democrat conspiracies , election conspiracies , michelle obama , Obama Conspiracies , paul watson , politics humor

Old 24th October 2016, 11:46 AM   #41
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by marplots View Post
The cause and effect works both ways.

"I've got a job, tidied up, gone around looking for a suitable mate, made the appropriate advances - and still no one wants to have sex with me! It's almost like some nefarious force is working behind the scenes to thwart my goals.

"I think I'll go on the Internet to ease my frustration..."

Lack of sex would explain why they typically have so much energy and time. The idea appeals to me on a Karma/Darwinian basis.
Science nerds are the new sexy.
Nerds with attitude, not so much!

IOW the guy who can show a girl how to set up her wi-fi name and password - sexy.

The guy who rants about iluminatii and thinks Weird Al's "Tin Foil" is an anthem for today's society - not sexy.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th October 2016, 12:27 PM   #42
tinribmancer
Hasbarian NWO Templar Cattle

Question

The cause and effect works both ways.

"I've got a job, tidied up, gone around looking for a suitable mate, made the appropriate advances - and still no one wants to have sex with me! It's almost like some nefarious force is working behind the scenes to thwart my goals.

"I think I'll go on the Internet to ease my frustration..."

Lack of sex would explain why they typically have so much energy and time. The idea appeals to me on a Karma/Darwinian basis.
Or having no life...

What about people like Bubba, "kyoon" and ---Malbec--- ?

JC Denton

tinribmancer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th October 2016, 12:28 PM   #43
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by SezMe View Post
What is a demmunist?
Short form for diminutive scientist?

Quote:
Why do you want to rehash the 2000 debacle 16 years later?
Oh, pick me. pick me.

It's because Mr. Trump's followers want to demonstrate that the Democrats have been attempting to 'fix' elections for years.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th October 2016, 12:49 PM   #44
marplots
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by jaydeehess View Post
Science nerds are the new sexy.
Nerds with attitude, not so much!

IOW the guy who can show a girl how to set up her wi-fi name and password - sexy.

The guy who rants about iluminatii and thinks Weird Al's "Tin Foil" is an anthem for today's society - not sexy.

Thankfully, I aged out of sexy. My options now are the ISF or letch. ISF seems like the economically responsible choice. (Although I admit creepy does have a certain appeal.)
marplots is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th October 2016, 02:45 PM   #45
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Well, Alex has convinced me to vote for Donald:

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/a...ds-population/

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th October 2016, 03:43 PM   #46
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

Originally Posted by icebear View Post
Another content-free opening post from this poster.

What are your views on whatever is contained in the thing you linked to? What should we be looking out for? How credible is the person making the clip? Why should I go and look at some random youtube clip?
"The Conservatives want to keep wogs out and march boldly back to the 1950s when Britain still had an Empire and blacks, women, poofs and Irish knew their place." The Don That's what we've sunk to here.
MikeG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th October 2016, 05:32 PM   #47
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by MikeG View Post
Another content-free opening post from this poster.
Who, like Charlie on the MTA, has never returned. I don't know if Seagull Posting is against the rules, but it should be.
Old 24th October 2016, 09:17 PM   #48
cmikes
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by ddt View Post
If I remember correctly, the problem was that Gore didn't actually ask for a statewide recount, but only in specific counties.

Of course, the far more important factor was Katherine Harris' very enthusiastic purging of the voter rolls of anyone whose name slightly resembled that of a felon.

Yes, that's correct. If the recount had gone forward under Gore's request, Bush still would have won. And this was according to a study done by the New York Times. If the Times couldn't figure out a way to count the votes so that the Democrat would win, there was no way that Gore could have won.

As far as Katherine Harris, one of the functions of the Secretary of State in many states is to the purge the voter rolls of felons, dead people, and other people who are ineligible to vote. I mean, come on, it's not Chicago.

ETA: The biggest reason that Florida was close enough for Gore to demand a recount in the first place was the media's decision to call the state for Gore before the polls closed in the Florida panhandle, which tended to vote Republican. Even if the early call only cost Bush a couple of thousand of votes, that was still enough to put the issue in doubt.

Last edited by cmikes; 24th October 2016 at 09:25 PM.
cmikes is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th October 2016, 09:37 PM   #49
cmikes
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by jaydeehess View Post
It's because Mr. Trump's followers want to demonstrate that the Democrats have been attempting to 'fix' elections for years.
That's one of the worst things about Trump's candidacy. There are valid and good arguments to be made about issues like voter fraud, immigration, money in politics and a whole host of other issues, but Trump is such a buffoon that no one making those arguments can be heard over that **** shouting and being a clown.

Although the whole voter fraud thing reminds me of a very old joke:

During the 1960 Kennedy/Nixon election, two union guys in Chicago are going through a cemetery writing down names to register and vote for Kennedy. Toward the back of the cemetery where the graves are oldest, one gravestone has worn away to almost nothing over the years and one of the union guys spends five minutes squinting at the gravestone and shining his light at it trying to decipher the name. Finally the other union guy says "C'mon, let's go, we got plenty of names" and the other guy replies, "Hey, give me a minute, this dead guy's got the same right to vote as any other dead guy!"
cmikes is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th October 2016, 02:55 PM   #50
CORed
Philosopher

Originally Posted by grunion View Post
No, based upon a number of independent statewide recounts, Gore received about 100 more votes in Florida than Bush using either party's standard for counting chads to determine voters' intent. Had Gore been able to get a statewide recount, and had the Supreme Court not intervened, Gore would have won.
IIRC, Gore did not actually request a statewide recount. He requested recounts of some precincts that he thought should have had more votes for him. My recollection is that somebody's independent recount determined that had just the precincts he requested been recounted, he would have lost, but a statewide recount would have made him the winner.

In other words, Gore's attempt to game the recount would have backfired, had he succeeded in getting the recall he wanted.

I kind of like Bill Maher's take on the 2000 election: "Bush didn't steal the election, but it did fall off the back of the truck.

Last edited by CORed; 25th October 2016 at 02:57 PM.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2016, 07:10 AM   #51
WilliamSeger
Illuminator

Don't get me wrong, I pretty much despise George W. Bush and view him a sort of an idiot. The one service he ever really provided for the United States was to prevent a very much bigger idiot (Algor) from occupying the white house.

If that had happened, then we really would be rubbing sticks together to make fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz6IpmmYSXA

FReepers live in a world of hate- and fear-driven distortion and delusion, an alternate reality fed by the vast propaganda industry founded by Rush Limbaugh and an army of clones who discovered that right-wing demagoguery and character assassination are very profitable. Reality check: The Bush administration was the most quantifiably disastrous misadministration in our history, just as intelligent people like Al Gore predicted it would be.

Last edited by WilliamSeger; 26th October 2016 at 07:27 AM.
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2016, 08:04 PM   #52
fuelair
Suspended

Originally Posted by WilliamSeger View Post
FReepers live in a world of hate- and fear-driven distortion and delusion, an alternate reality fed by the vast propaganda industry founded by Rush Limbaugh and an army of clones who discovered that right-wing demagoguery and character assassination are very profitable. Reality check: The Bush administration was the most quantifiably disastrous misadministration in our history, just as intelligent people like Al Gore predicted it would be.
Some people, not you, but some people take a long hard time to see the truth that republickers hate people who are smarter than them*. It hurts their widdle feewings and makes them lash out at their betters.* (also)

*Democrats, Libertarians (well, not Gary, but) and the like!!! That's how the Drumpfster came to rule the lost republickers for a little while - and destroy their hearts and souls in the process. (Their minds had been kind of mushlike since the early 80s).

Last edited by fuelair; 26th October 2016 at 08:05 PM.
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2016, 11:22 AM   #53
Donal
Illuminator

Originally Posted by cmikes View Post
As far as Katherine Harris, one of the functions of the Secretary of State in many states is to the purge the voter rolls of felons, dead people, and other people who are ineligible to vote. I mean, come on, it's not Chicago.
The problem is, she was also eagerly purging people who were eligible, but "fit the description".

And every credible investigation into the "in the booth" type of election fraud turns up with the same answer: "its not an issue". Voter ID laws and such do far more to damage the integrity of an election. That's when thousands of eligible voters are barred from exercising their right.
Donal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd November 2016, 08:39 AM   #54
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Who, like Charlie on the MTA, has never returned. I don't know if Seagull Posting is against the rules, but it should be.
Old fart posters of a certain age might remember it more like this:

We were sittin' round talkin' 'bout the one man ambush
And the fool piped up and said he's go
So we scrounged up some frags and a .357
And bowed, and showed him the door...
But did he ever return, etc.

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd November 2016, 08:49 AM   #55
NoahFence
Banned

Originally Posted by Macgyver1968 View Post
Yeah..me too. I thought it was going to be from the Sea Shepard guy. He's been pretty much off the radar since he jumped bail in Germany, and has been on the lam ever since.
That was cancelled.

Paul Watson - Sea Shepherd Paul Watson... is a hero.

The guy in the video that was seagulled upon us is a douche.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd November 2016, 10:44 AM   #56
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Thankfully, I aged out of sexy. My options now are the ISF or letch. ISF seems like the economically responsible choice. (Although I admit creepy does have a certain appeal.)
Oh, I too aged out quite a while back. Also am one of thoe people who takes marriage vows to heart as does my wife. ( unlike my exwife)

I do however work with mostly young (all younger, but one woman is only 5 years back from me) people. All of whom are tech geeks.
Old 7th November 2016, 09:51 PM   #57
icebear
Muse

Key to breaking the glass ceiling

An idea has occurred to me here....

Elect Donald Trump, and we can actually have a woman for a first lady.....

as opposed to what we've had for the past eight years.....
icebear is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2016, 09:53 PM   #58
Tony Stark
Philosopher

Pathetic.

You people are lucky that Michelle Obama has no political aspirations because she could become President herself if she wanted.
Tony Stark is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2016, 10:20 PM   #59
Nova Land
/
Tagger

Elect Donald Trump, and we can actually have a woman for a first lady..... as opposed to what we've had for the past eight years.....

This looks like a reference to the theory that Barack Obama is gay and Michelle Obama is actually a man. Is that what you are saying? If so, this thread belongs in CT rather than politics.

If that's not what you're saying, please explain more clearly what the intended topic of this thread is.

(If it is what you're saying, then there's no need to reply; your lack of a statement that you mean something else, and explanation of what that something else is, will be sufficient for clarifying which section of the forum this thread belongs in.)
Nova Land is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2016, 10:21 PM   #60
Jrrarglblarg

Potato
Jrrarglblarg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2016, 10:25 PM   #61
Stacko
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Jrrarglblarg View Post
Potato
Missing an e.
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2016, 10:26 PM   #62
Jrrarglblarg

Tomato
Jrrarglblarg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2016, 10:31 PM   #63
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

What an interesting dilemma this post poses, as it is hard to imagine an appropriate response to this that would not be forbidden, containing as it would references to the very worst qualities a person might be conceived to possess.

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2016, 10:49 PM   #64
Hokulele
Deleterious Slab of Damnation

Knowing Donald Trump, I sincerely doubt it would be the same woman for all four years.
Old 7th November 2016, 11:03 PM   #65
fuelair
Suspended

I prefer Teflon coated heavy caliber bullets. They go just fine through ceilings. And racists, misogynists, ******** and related - which helps greatly with breaking glass ceilings.
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2016, 11:08 PM   #66
fuelair
Suspended

Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
Pathetic.

You people are lucky that Michelle Obama has no political aspirations because she could become President herself if she wanted.
The first is well worn old news. The second I suspect is his/her worst nightmare - and if she was also gay or bi- I am pretty certain it would be heart attack city - not that there is anything wrong with that!!!!!
Old 7th November 2016, 11:09 PM   #67
fuelair
Suspended

Originally Posted by Hokulele View Post
Knowing Donald Trump, I sincerely doubt it would be the same woman for all four years.
Yep - he would give her up for his daughter - as he has indirectly noted more than once!!!!!
Old 7th November 2016, 11:29 PM   #68
icebear
Muse

Funny how with all of our advanced technology, nobody can make a dress which can hide a linebacker's shoulders...

Last edited by icebear; 7th November 2016 at 11:31 PM.
icebear is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2016, 11:31 PM   #69
Tony Stark
Philosopher

It is a very good sign that the Donald followers are so desperate. Deep down even they know he is going to lose.
Tony Stark is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2016, 11:33 PM   #70
icebear
Muse

Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
Pathetic.

I assume you meant to say "if he wanted"....
Old 7th November 2016, 11:33 PM   #71
Tony Stark
Philosopher

I assume you meant to say "if he wanted"....
Stay mad.
Old 8th November 2016, 12:10 AM   #72
Nova Land
/
Tagger

Funny how with all of our advanced technology, nobody can make a dress which can hide a linebacker's shoulders...

Thank you for confirming that this is indeed intended to be a thread for discussing the conspiracy theory that Michelle Obama is secretly a man and that Barack Obama and others close to Michelle have been trying to keep that a secret.

I can understand your reticence to say that more clearly in the OP. As conspiracy theories go, this is one of the more embarrassing ones.

But since you want to discuss it, let's pretend it's a serious claim. So:
Theory: Michelle Obama is actually a man disguised as a woman.

Extent of the evidence presented so far in support of this theory: Michelle Obama's shoulders appear masculine to some viewers.

Problem: both men and women come in various shapes and sizes. There is nothing uniquely masculine about the shoulders in the picture posted.

Conclusion: there is as yet no good reason to believe Michelle Obama is a man.
Nova Land is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2016, 01:06 AM   #73
marplots
Penultimate Amazing

Are we finding the strong black woman intimidating? Good.
marplots is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2016, 01:54 AM   #74
mikado
Graduate Poster

got it in one
Old 8th November 2016, 02:53 AM   #75
fagin
Philosopher

I would, she is cute.

My girlfriend used to swim a lot and has well developed shoulders. I cycle and have lovely legs. Unified we'd make one really hot bod.
Old 8th November 2016, 03:22 AM   #76
sts60
Master Poster

Sad little troll.

The one about how NASA technicians are walking around on Mars fixing rovers was stupid, but good for a laugh. This one is merely stupid and hateful.

Goodbye, sad little troll.

*!plonk*
sts60 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2016, 04:40 AM   #77
Slowvehicle
Membership Drive
Co-Ordinator,
Russell's Antinomy

Location: ...1888 miles from home by the shortest route without tolls...
Slowvehicle has a birthday
Originally Posted by Stacko View Post
Missing an e.
POE-tato?
Slowvehicle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2016, 05:52 AM   #78
LarianLeQuella
Elf Wino

Cool

Originally Posted by Slowvehicle View Post
POE-tato?
One could only hope, but sadly post history indicates otherwise...
LarianLeQuella is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2016, 06:10 AM   #79
NoahFence
Banned

You made me kitteh the thread:

NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2016, 06:24 AM   #80
Aepervius
Non credunt, semper verificare

This is not a quarterback shoulder arm.

This one is. Look at the muscle. She has nothing of that.

I can't even believe I am arguiyng with a CTer about this.

This is so stupid.

KITTTTEEEEEH !

Aepervius is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories