ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags al gore , CT humor , Democrat conspiracies , election conspiracies , michelle obama , Obama Conspiracies , paul watson , politics humor

Old 10th November 2016, 02:19 PM   #121
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Jrrarglblarg View Post
Best Part: trump can't trade her in for an upgrade at least until after the impeachment trial starts.
No, but if push comes to shove, he might be able to have her deported for immigration fraud, and that's something no first family has ever had in its quiver.

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2016, 11:53 AM   #122
icebear
Muse

Indoctrinated kids' world collapses

http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/k...alright-trump/

Quote:
While all of this behavior is utterly disgraceful and entirely inappropriate for serious academic institutions, it should not be surprising. Indeed, what we are seeing can only be described as a sort of temporary psychosis, as Trump's victory shattered the ideological illusions of America's heavily indoctrinated and emotionally immature students.
Seeing a lot of videos lately of college kids in real, serious pain and grief at being rescued from the nuclear war which the Hildabeast would have started... In theory I'm mean-spirited enough I should be able to laugh at this but I'm not laughing, this is a tragedy.

What we're seeing here is mind control, indoctrination, and deliberate mis-education on the part of a nearly all-powerful government education system which needs to be taken down, but there is even more to it than that.

Every source of information available to these kids is wrecking their minds with the same garbage: government schools, libtard-infested colleges, Hollywood. MSM media sources, and even their own locked-down areas on the internet. In military terms, you'd call that interlocking fields of fire and these kids are trapped in the field.

Expect to see major efforts to rescue them during a Trump administration.
icebear is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2016, 11:55 AM   #123
3point14
Pi

Crikey!
Old 11th November 2016, 11:56 AM   #124
Belz...
Fiend God

...what?

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2016, 11:56 AM   #125
sir drinks-a-lot
Illuminator

Originally Posted by icebear View Post

Seeing a lot of videos lately of college kids in real, serious pain and grief at being rescued from the nuclear war which the Hildabeast would have started... In theory I'm mean-spirited enough I should be able to laugh at this but I'm not laughing, this is a tragedy.

What we're seeing here is mind control, indoctrination, and deliberate mis-education on the part of a nearly all-powerful government education system which needs to be taken down, but there is even more to it than that.

Every source of information available to these kids is wrecking their minds with the same garbage: government schools, libtard-infested colleges, Hollywood. MSM media sources, and even their own locked-down areas on the internet. In military terms, you'd call that interlocking fields of fire and these kids are trapped in the field.

They're teaching mental illness.
Old 11th November 2016, 12:01 PM   #126
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

Schools and colleges 'indoctrinate', whereas being taught by your parents at home to uncritically accept all of their own personal beliefs is 'education'.
Old 11th November 2016, 12:08 PM   #127
marplots
Penultimate Amazing

Oh I think the kiddies can find websites well enough, no matter which flavor of propaganda I intend to serve them. The real problem is getting the little bastards to eat it.
marplots is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2016, 12:09 PM   #128
3point14
Pi

Does this count as a conspiracy theory?
Old 11th November 2016, 12:12 PM   #129
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

People are upset. They are sad because things will get worse for people they care about. A group that has the ability to make it easier because they are nice.

What is wrong with this?
BobTheCoward is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2016, 12:13 PM   #130
icebear
Muse

Originally Posted by 3point14 View Post

No. The problem is sufficiently real.
icebear is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2016, 12:14 PM   #131
3point14
Pi

No. The problem is sufficiently real.
Oh, then I'm convinced. totally.

Just for the benefit of those not as insightful as you or I, can you provide any actual evidence for your hypothesis?
Old 11th November 2016, 12:18 PM   #132
asydhouse
Master Poster

This OP is sheer propaganda, ironically. He's right it's a tragedy, but not the one he thinks it is.
Old 11th November 2016, 12:20 PM   #133
Jrrarglblarg

Quote:
Indeed, what we are seeing can only be described as a sort of temporary psychosis, as Trump's victory shattered the ideological illusions of America's heavily indoctrinated and emotionally immature students.
Not written in accordance with AP Stylebook. Opinion piece only.
Jrrarglblarg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2016, 12:27 PM   #134
sir drinks-a-lot
Illuminator

1) I'm not even sure what you think the conspiracy is supposed to be?

2) There's not rule of logic or anything like that stating that all "conspiracy theories" are bad or wrong. Real world conspiracies happen all the time, and in these cases, the people presenting conspiracy theories are right!

Originally Posted by Jrrarglblarg View Post
Not written in accordance with AP Stylebook. Opinion piece only.
It is overall an opinion piece, but that doesn't mean it doesn't include a lot of facts.
Old 11th November 2016, 12:38 PM   #135
casebro
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Argumemnon View Post
...what?
Yeah, really-- Icebear did actually write some thing rather than being a seagull.
casebro is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2016, 12:47 PM   #136
NoahFence
Banned

A friend of mine's gay daughter was assaulted on campus yesterday. Her attacker cited his freedom to do so under the new President.

If you voted for Trump, you voted for that. Congratulations, *******.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2016, 12:48 PM   #137
3point14
Pi

Originally Posted by sir drinks-a-lot View Post
1) I'm not even sure what you think the conspiracy is supposed to be?

2) There's not rule of logic or anything like that stating that all "conspiracy theories" are bad or wrong. Real world conspiracies happen all the time, and in these cases, the people presenting conspiracy theories are right!

It sounds to me as if the OP believes that the entire US education system is designed to indoctrinate students rather than to educate them.

Absent any actual evidence that sounds like a conspiracy theory to me.
Old 11th November 2016, 12:49 PM   #138
sir drinks-a-lot
Illuminator

Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
A friend of mine's gay daughter was assaulted on campus yesterday. Her attacker cited his freedom to do so under the new President.

Not buying it.
Old 11th November 2016, 12:51 PM   #139
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Old 11th November 2016, 12:54 PM   #140
Belz...
Fiend God

Really? What did he say?

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2016, 12:55 PM   #141
NoahFence
Banned

Not buying it.
I don't give a **** what you buy or don't buy. It's the truth.
The opinions of people like you mean as much to me as the gum I stepped on.

Hers isn't the only story either. If you want, you can even look it up your own damn self instead of gloating about someone else's misfortune.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2016, 12:56 PM   #142
NoahFence
Banned

Originally Posted by Argumemnon View Post
Really? What did he say?
You queers are going back in the closet now.
Old 11th November 2016, 12:59 PM   #143
fuelair
Suspended

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
Schools and colleges 'indoctrinate', whereas being taught by your parents at home to uncritically accept all of their own personal beliefs is 'education'.
In some mystic alternative universe only.
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2016, 01:03 PM   #144
fuelair
Suspended

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
In some mystic alternative universe only. Here it is ****-headed to believe.
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2016, 01:04 PM   #145
Belz...
Fiend God

Fantastic.

You know, not long ago, living in Canada and seeing how things are in Europe, I thought things were the same in America, but man do you have a ways to go.

Old 11th November 2016, 01:12 PM   #146
mikado
Graduate Poster

Only in 'Murcia.

Personally I am so pleased to see the next generation being politically active, and passionate
Old 11th November 2016, 01:19 PM   #147
sir drinks-a-lot
Illuminator

Was he wearing a "Make America Great Again" hat and waving a confederate flag?
Old 11th November 2016, 01:25 PM   #148
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

and a time machine because Trump won't be sworn in for another two months.
Old 11th November 2016, 01:42 PM   #149
NoahFence
Banned

Not sure the relevance.

I think the only real evidence you need that someone is a trump supporter is that they're a moron.

So who'd you vote for?
Old 11th November 2016, 02:04 PM   #150
Grizzly Bear
このマスクによっ

To add some relevant points to the OP:
https://www.opensecrets.org/news/201...rom-educators/

Quote:
You could say Hillary Clinton is a teacher’s pet.
As students return to class from summer break, their teachers, professors and school administrators are following a historical pattern: Those in education tend to give more to Democrats than Republicans. Individuals in the field donated $64.5 million during the last presidential election cycle, and more than three-quarters of their contributions went to Democratic candidates.
In the 2016 cycle so far, Clinton is the clear favorite for academics who have given to presidential hopefuls. The former Secretary of State had received about $1.2 million from the education industry as of June 30 out of a total fundraising haul of $47.5 million, making educators her fifth-largest donor. (No. 1? Lawyers and law firms, with $4.6 million.)

Quote:
s for Republicans in the presidential race, they’re not so well-loved by educators, it seems.
Obama’s two Republican opponents trailed far behind the president in terms of donations from the industry in 2008 and 2012: John McCain and Mitt Romney received $1.8 million and $4 million, respectively.
It's a 2015 article so it dates back to the primaries but it's relevant to some of what the OP is getting at.

I can state anecdotally that my professors are by vast majority hard core to the left and made no bones about sending myself scathing criticisms for making counterarguments about Clinton. And like many here, they are currently making no bones about being pissed off about the results or about insulting the half of the electorate that propelled Trump. So none of the article actually surprises me.

In fact, i recalls the day Obama took the oath of office our university pretty much paused all classes to broadcast the inauguration. Needless to say, part of the reason was that history was in the making as the first African American POTUS, but given the melodrama that educational institutions are laying out already I'm fairly certain they have other ideas in mind on the day Trump takes the oath.

The donation trends would certainly back up quite a bit of the notions that point out a lack of political diversity in the education system.
Old 11th November 2016, 02:55 PM   #151
C_Felix
Master Poster

#bubblewrapgeneration
Old 11th November 2016, 02:59 PM   #152
Ziggurat
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post
The donation trends would certainly back up quite a bit of the notions that point out a lack of political diversity in the education system.
The lack of self-awareness about the implications of this tilt are what amuse me. What exactly do universities expect to happen under a Republican administration when they prove themselves implacably hostile to Republicans? Do they really think there won't be any implications for government funding?
"As long as it is admitted that the law may be diverted from its true purpose -- that it may violate property instead of protecting it -- then everyone will want to participate in making the law, either to protect himself against plunder or to use it for plunder. Political questions will always be prejudicial, dominant, and all-absorbing. There will be fighting at the door of the Legislative Palace, and the struggle within will be no less furious." - Bastiat, The Law
Ziggurat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2016, 03:20 PM   #153
johnny karate
... and your little dog too.

Originally Posted by Ziggurat View Post
What exactly do universities expect to happen under a Republican administration when they prove themselves implacably hostile to Republicans?
A government that doesn't punish them out of spite and vindictiveness?
johnny karate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2016, 03:37 PM   #154
KatieG
Rootin' Tootin' Raspberry

Not buying it.
Tough, it's happening. My black SiL and the Muslim woman in line behind her were hassled the whole time they were in line to vote. In Minnesota. SiL's daughter was given a bus pass at her middle school. Bus pass back to Africa.

If you don't think the ugly and the nasty is happening right NOW, you're (the generic you) not watching the news or following not following the news online.

Basically, if the GOP doesn't want to be called the white supremacy party, they should stop acting like they are.
-Mumbles

Last edited by KatieG; 11th November 2016 at 03:40 PM.
KatieG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2016, 03:43 PM   #155
Ziggurat
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by johnny karate View Post
A government that doesn't punish them out of spite and vindictiveness?
I see you're new to politics.
"As long as it is admitted that the law may be diverted from its true purpose -- that it may violate property instead of protecting it -- then everyone will want to participate in making the law, either to protect himself against plunder or to use it for plunder. Political questions will always be prejudicial, dominant, and all-absorbing. There will be fighting at the door of the Legislative Palace, and the struggle within will be no less furious." - Bastiat, The Law
Ziggurat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2016, 03:49 PM   #156
icebear
Muse

It sounds to me as if the OP believes that the entire US education system is designed to indoctrinate students rather than to educate them.
The entire US public ed system is based on a Prussian system which Prussians adopted around 1807 after Napoleon wiped them at Jena. That system was not intended to produce self-reliant people; it was meant to produce cannon fodder and bricks in the wall.

http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=11375
Old 11th November 2016, 04:00 PM   #157
icebear
Muse

Donald Trump is offering queers more or less the same deal they have in Russia.

They WILL be protected to the full extent of the law. But it is unlikely they will be allowed to go on trying to recruit and proselytize or conduct techniques of gayety classes in public schools.

The demmunists on the other hand, in their manic drive to import new voting blocks (since nobody with any brains or talent in our own country can be counted on to go on voting for them in perpetuity), are attempting to bring in vast hordes and swarms of people whose known policies towards gays is to simply kill them.

The good news is that increasing numbers of gay people are now figuring this out.

What happened in this election is that the internet itself came of age; people with real information actually became a voting majority.
Old 11th November 2016, 04:03 PM   #158
Jrrarglblarg

The entire US public ed system is based on a Prussian system which Prussians adopted around 1807 after Napoleon wiped them at Jena. That system was not intended to produce self-reliant people; it was meant to produce cannon fodder and bricks in the wall.

http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=11375
Oh for **** sake shut the hell up with your propaganda noise.

And have a nice day.

Last edited by Jrrarglblarg; 11th November 2016 at 04:05 PM.
Jrrarglblarg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2016, 04:23 PM   #159
Belz...
Fiend God

They WILL be protected to the full extent of the law. But it is unlikely they will be allowed to go on trying to recruit and proselytize or conduct techniques of gayety classes in public schools.
I agree that it's very unlikely, given that none of them have ever done this.

Old 11th November 2016, 05:08 PM   #160
NoahFence
Banned

Donald Trump is offering queers more or less the same deal they have in Russia.
Jail time? No thanks. I WILL fight to prevent that and you WILL NOT like the outcome.

kapice?

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories