ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags al gore , CT humor , Democrat conspiracies , election conspiracies , michelle obama , Obama Conspiracies , paul watson , politics humor

Old 11th November 2016, 10:03 PM   #201
NoahFence
Psycho Kitty

Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post
I take your anecdote at face value but at the ebd of the day the "lad" needs to get the suspect arrested. End of story
Well, it's a little late for that, isn't it? Both for this specific incident, and those in the coming years.

These reports will be treated to the same level of scrutiny as UFO sightings in a Trump presidency.

What's the use of reporting when the government doesn't care?
Old 11th November 2016, 10:16 PM   #202
Grizzly Bear
このマスクによっ

Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
Unless Trump decides to make it legal for people to physically assault another person FOR ANY REASON, it's a crime and punishable as such. There is absolutely no debate about it. Assault is not a political ideology, and it's not a religion. It's physical harm to another individual, and against your friend it's a hate crime on top of that and goes way, way beyond just simple discrimination. She really needs to file charges as this assailant assumed on his volition he had a "right" to commit physical harm... he will hopefully find out that he made a very wrong decision.

Last edited by Grizzly Bear; 11th November 2016 at 10:17 PM.
Grizzly Bear is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2016, 10:30 PM   #203
NoahFence
Psycho Kitty

Unless Trump decides to make it legal for people to physically assault another person FOR ANY REASON, it's a crime and punishable as such. There is absolutely no debate about it. Assault is not a political ideology, and it's not a religion. It's physical harm to another individual, and against your friend it's a hate crime on top of that and goes way, way beyond just simple discrimination. She really needs to file charges as this assailant assumed on his volition he had a "right" to commit physical harm... he will hopefully find out that he made a very wrong decision.
That's a really adorable disconnect with reality.
Truly.

The fact is this:
If It takes more than 1 person to get you your justice, or protection, you're screwed.

How many levels are there?
1- Lawmakers.
2- Law Enforcement (of which there are several layers)
3 - The judicial system.

If none of these groups care, how will justice be done for victims of hate?
Old 11th November 2016, 10:57 PM   #204
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

To add some relevant points to the OP:
https://www.opensecrets.org/news/201...rom-educators/
Wait. Let me let this sink in for a moment. Educators prefer the party that favors science over the party that favors science denial and pushing religion into science class? Educators prefer the party that hasn't explicitly opposed teaching critical thinking? I'm truly, deeply shocked.

I can state anecdotally that my professors are by vast majority hard core to the left and made no bones about sending myself scathing criticisms for making counterarguments about Clinton. And like many here, they are currently making no bones about being pissed off about the results or about insulting the half of the electorate that propelled Trump. So none of the article actually surprises me.
Why shouldn't people be pissed off at Trump getting elected? There's exceedingly substantial reason to be pissed off at it, in many, many ways, with regards to his words, promises, and actions and the platform he ran on. Of course, that's not to say that there's nothing bad to say about Clinton's statements and positions, like the "deplorables" or the defending of the poorly implemented ACA when there's really no hope of the Republicans either allowing it to get fixed or stop doing nearly everything they can to sabotage its implementation, but the double standard required to excuse Trump despite him doing and being much worse than Hillary in so many ways that she was being condemned for is somewhat mind-boggling.
Old 11th November 2016, 11:15 PM   #205
shuize
Master Poster

This statement really belongs in the "Liberals = the ultimate in drama queens" thread.
shuize is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2016, 11:16 PM   #206
NoahFence
Psycho Kitty

Originally Posted by shuize View Post
This statement really belongs in the "Liberals = the ultimate in drama queens" thread.
So you got no answer.
Old 11th November 2016, 11:31 PM   #207
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

So you got no answer.
The government and various levels of law enforcement isn't solely composed of people who don't care, at last check? And even among those who really don't care, more than a few of them are not against doing their job?

Last edited by Aridas; 11th November 2016 at 11:34 PM.
Aridas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2016, 11:40 PM   #208
shuize
Master Poster

So you got no answer.

My answer is the same as the very reasonable advice posted above: If a crime was committed, your friend needs to report it. The drama queen aspect is all the "Oh, no! The government doesn't care! So she won't report it."

But I'm looking forward to the follow up drama queen installment later asking "Why, oh why, doesn't the government do anything to help my gay friend solve the crime she never reported?"

Last edited by shuize; 11th November 2016 at 11:43 PM.
shuize is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2016, 09:06 AM   #209
Grizzly Bear
このマスクによっ

That's a really adorable disconnect with reality.
Truly.

The fact is this:
If It takes more than 1 person to get you your justice, or protection, you're screwed.

How many levels are there?
1- Lawmakers.
2- Law Enforcement (of which there are several layers)
3 - The judicial system.

If none of these groups care, how will justice be done for victims of hate?
The one with a disconnect in their argument is yours. Assault is a crime punishable with a prison sentence... those laws are the same as before.

What are your thoughts on people being beaten to the ground right now because some group randomly decided that the guy voted for Trump? This election was ugly as hell. People are taking this crap out entirely inappropriately. I dont care who they are affiliated with... this needs to stop

Last edited by Grizzly Bear; 12th November 2016 at 09:47 AM.
Grizzly Bear is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2016, 10:07 AM   #210
casebro
Penultimate Amazing

A friend of mine's gay daughter was assaulted on campus yesterday. Her attacker cited his freedom to do so under the new President.

and then a later quote was "it's time for gays to go back into the closet" instead.

AND, it's 3rd hand info too.

I vote Noah for Drama Queen.
casebro is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2016, 01:10 PM   #211
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

I can state anecdotally that my professors are by vast majority hard core to the left and made no bones about sending myself scathing criticisms for making counterarguments about Clinton. And like many here, they are currently making no bones about being pissed off about the results or about insulting the half of the electorate that propelled Trump. So none of the article actually surprises me.
Let me add to your anecdote.

I have mocked Trump repeatedly in my classroom. I am not "hard-core left", but probably lean Democrat lately because I've been displeased (or, now, horrified) with Republican presidential candidates.

In the wrong context, I could see offending students by my comments. I might even have offended some this year. I am glad that my university doesn't seem to be particularly sensitive when it comes to political correctness thus far, and that my students seem to understand that diverse opinions are part of the college experience.

To be sure, I had no one speak up in favor of Trump. We are in a deep blue part of a deep blue state, but I'm sure that there were Trump supporters in my classroom. I hope that they weren't cowed into silence by my "authority", but it's possible that they didn't want to invite the opprobrium of the majority of the classroom.

This is a philosophy class, by the way. I have no authority when it comes to political matters, but we have fairly wide ranging discussions. We had no substantive discussion on the election until Friday, when some students asked my opinion on the protests and other matters. I gave my reasoning clearly and explicitly.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2016, 05:53 PM   #212
fuelair
Suspended

Not sure the relevance.

I think the only real evidence you need that someone is a trump supporter is that they're a moron.

So who'd you vote for?
Two guesses, and the one that involves a winning goat ********** wins!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2016, 06:34 PM   #213
fuelair
Suspended

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Ohhh, wrong emoji, because the dope lost
And the **** won!!!!! **** 'em !!!! Up the cornhole !!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2016, 07:22 PM   #214
Bubba
Master Poster

Originally Posted by calebprime View Post
Can you provide a summary?

I have issues with motion sickness that make it difficult to watch videos sometimes.

The guy in the OP video said that members of the mainstream media:

* Gave Hillary debate questions in advance.

* NY Times gave HRC veto power over articles about her and schemed with team Hillary to write op-eds that 'give her a big presence'.

* Did not report footage of Scott Foval, Deputy Political Director at People For The American Way. saying they've been busing in voters for fifty years and are not going to stop now."

* Did not report footage of DNC Rapid Response Coordinator Aaron Black telling how his agitators sparked violence at Trump rallies

* Did not report footage of Scot Foval admitting agitator strategies as did Aaron Black

Black and Foval are apparently clearly recognizable in footage (conspiracy, if true)

(among other items)

He also pointed out:

that while ridiculing so called conspiracy theories, the mainstream media earlier promoted the conspiracy theory (weapons of mass destruction) which led to deaths of hundreds of thousands and the rise of ISIS.

Some of it was in emails from wikileaks

Last edited by Bubba; 13th November 2016 at 08:20 PM.
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2016, 11:45 PM   #215
Shiner
Motor Mouth

Originally Posted by fuelair View Post
And the **** won!!!!! **** 'em !!!! Up the cornhole !!!!

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Shiner is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th November 2016, 03:47 AM   #216
SezMe
post-pre-born

and a time machine because Trump won't be sworn in for another two months.
You're right. The last ~18 months of Trump campaigning on hate doesn't count because he hasn't been sworn in yet.
SezMe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th November 2016, 03:54 AM   #217
SezMe
post-pre-born

Originally Posted by icebear View Post
Donald Trump is offering queers more or less the same deal they have in Russia.
I know that when I imagine the best for the USA I always turn to Russia for inspiration.
SezMe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th November 2016, 04:02 AM   #218
SezMe
post-pre-born

Yes, yes, **** trump and all but can you get out of the way, tbd has a train to catch, losers.
Aw. That's so sad that you got delayed by 30 seconds (at max?) by some protesters who don't like Trump. It's just un-American init? Get in touch with Trump and Bannon - I'm sure they have a legislative fix planned.
Old 14th November 2016, 12:05 PM   #219
fuelair
Suspended

Two guesses, and the one that involves a winning goat ********** wins!!!
realized this could be confusing since I left out an h. Whining goat ********** is what I meant and it is the one I did not vote for. Since Hillary does not **** goats she must be (and is) the one I voted for and the son of an orangutan and also a known goat ********** is the one I did not vote for!!!!!!!
Old 14th November 2016, 12:07 PM   #220
fuelair
Suspended

Apologies for the confusion!!!!!!!!! Last week sucked!!!!!
Old 15th November 2016, 08:02 PM   #221
fuelair
Suspended

Originally Posted by Shiner View Post
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Cute!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 16th November 2016, 07:27 AM   #222
catsmate
No longer the 1

Apologies for the confusion!!!!!!!!! Last week sucked!!!!!
Cute!!!!!!!!!!!
Too!! Many!!! Exclamation!!!! Marks!!!!!
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2016, 09:19 PM   #223
fuelair
Suspended

Originally Posted by catsmate View Post
Too!! Many!!! Exclamation!!!! Marks!!!!!
I still buy them by the case!!!!!!!!!

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories