ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 2nd January 2019, 10:36 AM   #81
bluesjnr
Professional Nemesis for Hire

Originally Posted by baron View Post
Why are the social issues restricted to being black or transgender? When's the last time you saw a thread about LWD (disabled) or LWF (fat) or LWMI (mentally ill) or even just L, because bullying and victimisation can happen to anyone for any reason. Why is it that all we get are inconsequential threads about inconveniences, unresolved law suits, trivial altercations and highly equivocal situations that have no discussion point other than "Either you admit this is racist or you're racist!"
The only reason I haven't made a thread about this is the age of the crime, it cover race and LWD. It's vile.
bluesjnr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2019, 10:41 AM   #82
baron

Originally Posted by bluesjnr View Post
The only reason I haven't made a thread about this is the age of the crime, it cover race and LWD. It's vile.
I remember that. The sentences were fairly lenient, 8 years, 7 years, 3 years and probation. Having said that, they're higher than they'd get in the UK, if prosecution even went ahead that is.
baron is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2019, 12:48 AM   #83
bluesjnr
Professional Nemesis for Hire

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
You know for someone who's entire admitted point is just needling people for being over-"Woke" you seem fine having no real opinion or purpose outside of "You can't tell me what do think."
Would you care to demonstrate this

Quote:
When something is demonstrably true questioning the narrative stops being Guy Fawkes and starts being Chicken Little.
Who is this directed at?
bluesjnr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2019, 07:44 AM   #84
Drewbot
Philosopher

Originally Posted by tyr_13 View Post
It reminds us to be vigilant not just of the skinhead, but the guy trying to sound intellectual telling us how the impact isn't that bad.
Because all skinheads are racist?
I'm trying to figure out if this is you being ironic?

All skinheads are racist, all republicans are racist, all whites are racist.

But you are just showing ironically how prejudice works? right?
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2019, 12:40 PM   #85
tyr_13
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post
Because all skinheads are racist?
I'm trying to figure out if this is you being ironic?

All skinheads are racist, all republicans are racist, all whites are racist.

But you are just showing ironically how prejudice works? right?
No.
tyr_13 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events