ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 5th January 2019, 05:14 AM   #1
baron
Philosopher

Rich Bastard upsets his workforce

The content might be a disappointment but I had to write that title.

Quote:
The entire housekeeping team at a manor house hotel has quit in protest over 'unacceptable' working conditions.

The wealthy Bastard family bought the Grade I listed hotel and spent thousands of pounds on a major refurbishment of the building last year.

The venue, which has been run by Spike Bastard since last year was awarded an AA Rosette in November after undergoing a major refurbishment.
Spike Bastard might well be the best name in the history of humanity. Moving on, we are also told that

Quote:
The Bastard family has owned the estate since the time of William the Conqueror and are still based there, converting their family home into a hotel and restaurant in 1996.
and

Quote:
The surname was first found in Devon and all modern Bastards are thought to be the descendants of Robert Bastard, who had several manors in the county during the reign of William I.
I love this country.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...onditions.html
Old 5th January 2019, 05:23 AM   #2
Mojo
Mostly harmless

William I was also known as “William the Bastard”, by the way.

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2019, 09:11 AM   #3
Polaris
Penultimate Amazing

There was a Lt. Col. Bastard who was decorated for his actions on the first day of the Somme. He survived the war.

Lucky Bastard.
"There's vastly more truth to be found in rocks than in holy books. Rocks are far superior, in fact, because you can DEMONSTRATE the truth found in rocks. Plus, they're pretty. Holy books are just heavy." - Dinwar

"Let your ears hear this beautiful song that's hiding underneath the sound," Ed Kowalczyk.
Polaris is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2019, 10:06 AM   #4
bluesjnr
Professional Nemesis for Hire

I'm sure That's Life reported on a solicitor call Robin Bastard back in the day.
bluesjnr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2019, 10:10 AM   #5
Whip
Graduate Poster

this just shows that indeed the Bastards have all the money.
Whip is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2019, 10:10 AM   #6
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Last edited by kmortis; 17th January 2019 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Narrowed image
Captain_Swoop is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2019, 10:14 AM   #7
3point14
Pi

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post

Ah yes, I was wondering when he'd turn up
Old 5th January 2019, 12:42 PM   #8
fromdownunder
Philosopher

Any relationship with Fat Bastard?

Norm

fromdownunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2019, 01:03 PM   #9
Whip
Graduate Poster

brother of rat bastard?
Whip is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2019, 06:08 PM   #10
The Norseman
Meandering fecklessly

Doesn't look like a Bastard to me, more like an insufferable prick.
The Norseman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2019, 06:45 PM   #11
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

It's Alan B'Stard

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_New_Statesman

Last edited by Captain_Swoop; 5th January 2019 at 06:47 PM.
Captain_Swoop is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2019, 07:15 PM   #12
Lambchops
Muse

Haha, indeed.

Also, I so wish he was still with us. Such a great loss.
Old 6th January 2019, 12:43 AM   #13
smartcooky
Philosopher

Err. that's "The Right Honourable Sir Alan Beresford B'Stard MP" to you chum!
As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
- Henry Louis Mencken - Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920
smartcooky is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2019, 01:05 PM   #14
Polaris
Penultimate Amazing

Sometimes the bastards even organize:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...astard%20Squad
"There's vastly more truth to be found in rocks than in holy books. Rocks are far superior, in fact, because you can DEMONSTRATE the truth found in rocks. Plus, they're pretty. Holy books are just heavy." - Dinwar

"Let your ears hear this beautiful song that's hiding underneath the sound," Ed Kowalczyk.
Polaris is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2019, 07:25 AM   #15
casebro
Penultimate Amazing

I didn't think Rich Basehart even had a workforce since the cancellation of "Voyage to the bottom of the Seas".
casebro is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th January 2019, 02:18 PM   #16
Donal
Illuminator

you don't have to be a Bastard to be wealthy, but it helps
Donal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th January 2019, 02:30 PM   #17
kayle
Critical Thinker

it's pronounced buh'starred
kayle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th January 2019, 01:37 PM   #18
P.J. Denyer
Illuminator

Still better than Rees-Mogg

"Nebulous means Nebulous" - Adam Hills
P.J. Denyer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events