IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » Welcome to ISF » Other Skeptical Organizations » JREF

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 4th April 2012, 01:03 PM   #1
Alex333
Scholar

Donation

I'm not sure if it's right place for this sort of inquiry.

I'd like to donate to JREF. But I also do not want to share my credit card info by using Paypal.

Could somebody help me to achieve the goal?
Alex333 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th April 2012, 01:42 PM   #2
DrDave
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Alex333 View Post

I'd like to donate to JREF. But I also do not want to share my credit card info by using Paypal.

Yep, I can. Send a cheque to me and I'll make sure they get it
DrDave is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th April 2012, 09:45 AM   #3
The Central Scrutinizer
Penultimate Amazing

Send a check to:

JREF
7095 Hollywood Blvd. No. 1170
Los Angeles CA 90028

Lupus is Lupus tor central scrutineezer
The Central Scrutinizer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th April 2012, 02:09 PM   #4
AdMan
Penultimate Amazing

As noted on the donation page you linked to, you can donate by mail to the address in the post above (make the check payable to James Randi Educational Foundation), or call 703-226-3792.
Old 10th April 2012, 10:41 PM   #5
Alex333
Scholar

what's the e-mail address where to send donation?

I've sent my last check by mail 4 years ago.

JREF does a good job but area of donations is too way behind current technology. To setup PayPal account really took me 15 minutes 10 years ago.
It's my advice to attact not only more donations but also more visitors to the site. And a great way to spread skepticism.
Alex333 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th April 2012, 10:59 PM   #6
AdMan
Penultimate Amazing

what's the e-mail address where to send donation?

I've sent my last check by mail 4 years ago.

JREF does a good job but area of donations is too way behind current technology. To setup PayPal account really took me 15 minutes 10 years ago.
It's my advice to attact not only more donations but also more visitors to the site. And a great way to spread skepticism.
Are you serious?

What kind of problems are you having?

You'll need to be a lot more specific as to what difficulties you're facing. It's not rocket science.

Last edited by AdMan; 10th April 2012 at 11:01 PM.
AdMan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th April 2012, 04:21 AM   #7
rjh01
Gentleman of leisure
Tagger

If you have any questions here are some e-mail addresses

http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/staff.html

How do you pay via e-mail?
Old 11th April 2012, 07:41 AM   #8
Alex333
Scholar

Originally Posted by rjh01 View Post

How do you pay via e-mail?
Please, see PayPal

Also all major USA based banks support sending money by e-mail address. Are kidding me? (Ты, что смеёшься? -in Russian)

Quote:
If you have any questions here are some e-mail addresses

http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/staff.html

I don't know who in the staff responsible for donation handling. Could you provide exact e-mail address and person's name?. Thank you in advance.
Old 11th April 2012, 08:14 AM   #9
AdMan
Penultimate Amazing

Please, see PayPal

Also all major USA based banks support sending money by e-mail address. Are kidding me? (Ты, что смеёшься? -in Russian)

I don't know who in the staff responsible for donation handling. Could you provide exact e-mail address and person's name?. Thank you in advance.

There used to be a JREF Development Officer but he's not there anymore. I'd just email DJ and ask. Or call them: 703-226-3792.
AdMan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd April 2012, 02:30 PM   #10
Alex333
Scholar

Angry

РекламаЧеловек & president of ДРОФ just "politely or politically" avoid me and my desire to send some money to the organization in a way of Twenty First Century. So help is really appreciated.
Old 23rd April 2012, 03:02 PM   #11
madurobob
Philosopher

I feel your pain, Alex. I, too, have not written a check in many years. But, I have bumped into organizations that only tke checks. One hippy love-fest uber-green music festival recently insisted on a check and a printed pictures of my wares before approving me as a vendor. Ugh.

But, as for your concerns about credit card numbers - you need to catch up with the times yourself. Most credit card companies allow you to generate virtual credit card numbers for online purchases/donations. Those numbers are only good for one transaction - the one you initiate. When there is no paypal or google wallet, etc... you can always use your credit card and a virtual number to ensure a safe transaction.
Old 24th April 2012, 04:30 AM   #12
Alex333
Scholar

Angry

Привет,

You have a good picture in your profile. Could you send first paragraph of your message to the president of ДРОФ or РекламаЧеловек or Джеймс Ранди himself

Please edit and remove second paragraph of msg.
IF YOUR FINACE EXPIRIENCE did not influence them ... их можно будет читать ду***ами. And I will ask my account to be removed from ДРОФ.
Old 24th April 2012, 03:21 PM   #13
The Central Scrutinizer
Penultimate Amazing

Ummmm.....what?

Lupus is Lupus tor central scrutineezer
The Central Scrutinizer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th April 2012, 03:55 PM   #14
madurobob
Philosopher

Well, I know "Джеймс Ранди" is James Randi. The rest... who knows.... There is something in there about a bird, think.
Old 25th April 2012, 11:02 AM   #15
Klimax
NWO Cyborg 5960x (subversion VPUNPCKHQDQ)

Google translate didn't work, nor Bing's transle.

Manual translation using online dictionary is difficult due to ду***ами being masked.

Привет = Hi
Реклама Человек = Advertising people (?)
их можно будет читать ду***ами = so they can understand/thought ду***ами (?)

BTW: Paypal might not be an option or good org to work with. (Heared, didn't experience anything, but only uisedf as paygate...)

Engine: Ibalgin 400
Klimax is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » Welcome to ISF » Other Skeptical Organizations » JREF