IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » Welcome to ISF » Other Skeptical Organizations » JREF

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags forum ads , martial arts , mma

Old 8th November 2012, 05:36 PM   #81
Justin
New Blood

Quote:
Just because there are two capable fighters (be it MMA, boxing, or whatever) trying to hurt each other, doesn't mean that the business isn't a racket. Look up Don King.
This is like saying that Enron is clear evidence that all business is crooked. Unless you have actual evidence that MMA competitions are being faked, there's no reason to engage in rampant speculation just because you happen to dislike the sport.

There are plenty of sports that I find bore me unto tears (Golf, I'm looking at you), but I would still be plenty happy to have famous golfers stand up in favor of skeptical thinking.

So, too, with MMA (a sport I'm not a fan of, either.) Frankly, I find it refreshing to find out that an athlete in a sport generally stereotyped as being populated by idiots is, in fact, an advocate for rational thought.
Justin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » Welcome to ISF » Other Skeptical Organizations » JREF