IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » Welcome to ISF » Other Skeptical Organizations » JREF

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 20th September 2011, 03:00 PM   #1
Lovegun
New Blood

James Randi Dragon Con T-Shirt

Hi,

Can anyone help me find out where I can get a T-shirt like the one shown at Dragon Con on the JREF youtube channel? It's a really cool cartoon looking shirt.

Does the JREF have a store besides the amazon store? If not I think a well maintained store could really help with revenue. The amazon store is pretty clunky in my opinion. But perhaps someone's crunched the numbers and that's the best way to do it.

Anyway, thanks for any leads on the Randi shirt.

Cheers
Lovegun is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th September 2011, 04:29 PM   #2
AdMan
Penultimate Amazing

There used to be an online store but it's been offline for some time. I asked Brian Thompson what the plan was for it and he said he would look into it, but I don't think we've heard back yet. It's possible as you say that the finances don't make sense.

The t-shirts have been for sale at events where the JREF is represented--maybe you can PM Brian and ask him if there is another way to get a shirt.

Last edited by AdMan; 20th September 2011 at 04:31 PM.
AdMan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th September 2011, 05:23 PM   #3
Lovegun
New Blood

Thanks for the help. Maybe I'll try that. I love the JREF and the amazing meeting 8 was one of the best experiences I've ever had. It just sucks that they are so terrible at responding/getting back to people. I posted this question on their facebook and it got deleted without a response. Other inquiries I've made have been treated similarly.

I want to support by buying stuff! Help me help you JREF!

LG
Lovegun is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd September 2011, 10:38 AM   #4
Bad Lieutenant
Muse

Why not just print your own? I doubt JREF would mind as long as you weren't selling them.
Bad Lieutenant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd September 2011, 06:28 PM   #5
Chris H
Magician Among Spirits

Originally Posted by AdMan View Post
There used to be an online store but it's been offline for some time. I asked Brian Thompson what the plan was for it and he said he would look into it, but I don't think we've heard back yet. It's possible as you say that the finances don't make sense.

Don't the JREF have a new website on the way too? I should imagine the store will return along with that.
Chris H is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd September 2011, 11:16 PM   #6
Brian Thompson
Student

You might be thinking of our Debunk! shirt. It has a cartoon of Randi squaring off with Uri Geller and Sylvia Brown.

We're trying to figure out an online store solution that makes financial sense, and there's a good chance this will be on the way with the new Randi.org in the near future. But until then, your best chance for picking up one of those shirts is to come to an event where the JREF is present. I'm carrying some on Randi's tour of Canada right now.
Brian Thompson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » Welcome to ISF » Other Skeptical Organizations » JREF