IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » Welcome to ISF » Other Skeptical Organizations » JREF

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 13th August 2012, 04:51 AM   #1
kblood
Banned

Donation problem :(

I made a bit of a mistake. I donated 1000 dollars, instead of 100 dollars. I have had a bit of a mental breakdown, and part of what I did in this period, was spending a bit more money than I usually do.

I already replied to the e-mail that notified me about how much I had donated. I am still at a hospital, but I do have Internet here.

Anyone who can tell me what I can do?

Otherwise I guess I will just have to learn
kblood is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th August 2012, 09:02 PM   #2
MinnesotaBrant
Philosopher

tell your credit card company or paypal you typoed
MinnesotaBrant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2012, 12:53 AM   #3
rjh01
Gentleman of leisure
Tagger

Originally Posted by MNBrant View Post
tell your credit card company or paypal you typoed
I think this is good advice. You should be able to find a telephone number for your credit card. Then ring them up. They should be able to reverse it. You would not be the first to have made this mistake. Sometimes stockbrokers make this mistake and buy or sell much more than what they intended to do.
Old 14th August 2012, 01:10 AM   #4
rjh01
Gentleman of leisure
Tagger

On second thoughts contact your bank that gave you the credit card. You should have a phone number on the card.
Old 14th August 2012, 02:55 AM   #5
chillzero
Penultimate Amazing

If you donated to JREF, maybe contact them?
chillzero is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2012, 03:13 AM   #6
wardenclyffe
Master Poster

Yes, contact your credit card. They should be able to help. Also, I hope you are feeling better.

Ward
Old 14th August 2012, 04:35 AM   #7
kblood
Banned

Thanks for the advice. I will try that. I have not found a way to contact JREF, but it has been a week or two now, since I made the donation. So I fear its too late to go through the bank.

I think I wrote an e-mail to JREF, but I do not know if its the correct mail address I used.

I will try contacting my bank or PayPal. I think I used PayPal.
kblood is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th August 2012, 01:09 AM   #8
DrDave
Illuminator

Originally Posted by kblood View Post
Thanks for the advice. I will try that. I have not found a way to contact JREF, but it has been a week or two now, since I made the donation. So I fear its too late to go through the bank.

I think I wrote an e-mail to JREF, but I do not know if its the correct mail address I used.

I will try contacting my bank or PayPal. I think I used PayPal.
Did you get a response?
DrDave is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2012, 02:45 PM   #9
AdMan
Penultimate Amazing

I hope you got that sorted out, kblood, and that you're feeling better.

Here is the JREF's contact info in case you still need it: http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/...-the-jref.html
AdMan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2012, 01:29 AM   #10
kblood
Banned

Originally Posted by AdMan View Post
I hope you got that sorted out, kblood, and that you're feeling better.

Here is the JREF's contact info in case you still need it: http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/...-the-jref.html
It got resolved At least they transfered back my money. My bank could not do it, since it was all done legally. So thank you JREF

So I am very happy today. I donated the amount I wanted to, and I am not completely broke the next few months.

Now I can donate again one day feeling secure that I won't get caught in a typo, although I will be sure to double check next time.
Old 21st August 2012, 02:27 AM   #11
chillzero
Penultimate Amazing

I'm glad you have it sorted out, and hope you feel well recovered.
chillzero is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2012, 01:12 PM   #12
kblood
Banned

Originally Posted by chillzero View Post
I'm glad you have it sorted out, and hope you feel well recovered.
I am. Too bad I got my old thread moved to general instead of skepticism and the paranormal though.

I should be signed out next week I hope.

International Skeptics Forum » Welcome to ISF » Other Skeptical Organizations » JREF