ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags political predictions , political speculation , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Old 22nd January 2019, 11:49 AM   #1641
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Next! Wess Mitchell, Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs. This is the post that deals with the EU.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/01/22/p...chell-resigns/
Most important take-away message:

Trump uses TRESemmť TRES TWO Extra Hold Hair Spray: The perfect finish to any hairstyle, achieves maximum hold with extra flyaway control.

that's a literal quote from their homepage.

boy, that must be embarrassing for them:

https://www.google.com/search?q=trum...w=1920&bih=938

Last edited by The Great Zaganza; 22nd January 2019 at 11:50 AM.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2019, 12:05 PM   #1642
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
Most important take-away message:

Trump uses TRESemmť TRES TWO Extra Hold Hair Spray: The perfect finish to any hairstyle, achieves maximum hold with extra flyaway control.

that's a literal quote from their homepage.

boy, that must be embarrassing for them:

https://www.google.com/search?q=trum...w=1920&bih=938
Epoxy resin. In a can!
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornetsí nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2019, 09:55 PM   #1643
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

Does Rudy count? Looks like he might be fired soon.
All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power & profit - Thomas Paine
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2019, 09:59 PM   #1644
d4m10n
Illuminator

Originally Posted by thaiboxerken View Post
He counts enough for me, even though he only plays a lawyer on TV.
d4m10n is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2019, 10:40 PM   #1645
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Rudy's job is to make Trump look sane by comparison.
Can you think of anyone else who could do that?
Old 23rd January 2019, 06:45 AM   #1646
Armitage72
Master Poster

Coming soon to the Trump staff: Ted Nugent.
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2019, 01:21 PM   #1647
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Armitage72 View Post
Bow hunting from the Truman balcony?
Open season on the press pool milling about the South Lawn?

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2019, 03:56 PM   #1648
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Yes, Easily. Trump supporters have no shortage of idiots.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2019, 04:14 PM   #1649
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Nah, he guaranteed us he'd be dead or in jail if Obama was reelected. He wouldn't lie, would he?
Old 23rd January 2019, 07:25 PM   #1650
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

[aside] Is it just me, or does the name "Nugent" sound like a type of product you use to unblock drains... [/aside]
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornetsí nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th January 2019, 06:50 AM   #1651
Armitage72
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Nah, he guaranteed us he'd be dead or in jail if Obama was reelected. He wouldn't lie, would he?

Anyone President Obama hated that much must have been doing something right, which is why Trump would be interested. Plus, he was obviously clever enough to avoid President Obama's death squads.
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th January 2019, 08:50 AM   #1652
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Anyone President Obama hated that much must have been doing something right, which is why Trump would be interested. Plus, he was obviously clever enough to avoid President Obama's death squads.
Did you mean "Anyone who hated President Obama that much..."?
Old 24th January 2019, 09:56 AM   #1653
Armitage72
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Did you mean "Anyone who hated President Obama that much..."?

I probably should have said "Anybody who thought that President Obama hated them that much ...". I wrote the original from the perspective of someone who didn't realize that Nugent was delusional with his belief that he was some sort of "enemy of the state" who would be targeted by the President.

Last edited by Armitage72; 24th January 2019 at 10:00 AM.
Old 24th January 2019, 11:46 AM   #1654
d4m10n
Illuminator

Moving my chips to Ms Conway

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019...ng-vipers-nest
d4m10n is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th January 2019, 02:25 PM   #1655
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

She is, of course, literally sleeping with the enemy. Interesting article. The very first sentence is
Quote:
The inner circle of Trumpworld was not always a pretty picture.
Seriously? "Not always"? How about "Always not"?

Last paragraph is great:
Quote:
Lincoln famously had his Team of Rivals. Trump had his Team of Vipers. We served. We fought. We brought our egos. We brought our personal agendas and vendettas. We were ruthless. And some of us, I assume, were good people.
Old 26th January 2019, 12:13 AM   #1656
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

And the next candidate to have to quit, with possible charges being filed against is:

possibly Devin Nunes.

All the crimes Roger Stone is charged with relate to him lying to the House Intelligence Committee in a blatant and easily falsifiable manner. It took Mueller and a change in the House Majority to hold Stone to account.
So is Nunes going to be held to account for doing everything in his power to cover up for Stone ?
Old 29th January 2019, 12:58 PM   #1657
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

I think Dan Coates might not be long for being in Trump world after his open disagreement with Donnie today. He basically just told the Emperor that on several security issues he has no clothes.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2019, 06:21 PM   #1658
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
I think Dan Coates might not be long for being in Trump world after his open disagreement with Donnie today. He basically just told the Emperor that on several security issues he has no clothes.
Big "oooOOOoo!!" from the crowd.
Old 30th January 2019, 11:57 AM   #1659
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Trump launched a full scale assault on the US Intelligence community today, basically proclaiming his gut feelings and instinct are superior to facts. That always ends well.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 30th January 2019, 12:01 PM   #1660
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Trump launched a full scale assault on the US Intelligence community today, basically proclaiming his gut feelings and instinct are superior to facts. That always ends well.
To be fair he always said that and it is what got him elected. We would never want something with as much of a liberal bias as reality to effect policy decisions.
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2019, 04:31 PM   #1661
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

Donny No Clothes.
For if a man pretend to me that God hath spoken to him supernaturally, and immediately, and I make doubt of it, I cannot easily perceive what argument he can produce to oblige me to believe it. Hobbes
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2019, 04:38 PM   #1662
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

I hate you. You just made me picture Mr Tiny hands naked. Yuck.
Old 31st January 2019, 04:00 AM   #1663
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Well we have now found out that much of his gut feelings over the southern border comes from the 2015 movie, Sicario.....

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st January 2019, 11:26 AM   #1664
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Sadly reminiscent of 2002.
Old 31st January 2019, 11:54 AM   #1665
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
Well we have now found out that much of his gut feelings over the southern border comes from the 2015 movie, Sicario.....
Really Good Movie, but don't think it should be used as a basis for policy.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 31st January 2019, 12:11 PM   #1666
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Let's hope nobody let's Trump watch Team America.
Old 1st February 2019, 01:22 AM   #1667
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

It appears that Trump considers it to be a documentary since it appears to be the only source with all of his claims about the border, women being smuggled through while duct taped up, the Mexican traffickers having high power vehicles, far better that US Border staff, massive loads of drugs being smuggled across the border, and prayer mats being found in the desert!

I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st February 2019, 01:22 PM   #1668
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

That a lot of drugs are smuggled over the US Border from Mexico is pretty undisputable.
And violent crime along the border is a very real problem.
Almost all critics of Trump's border policies accept that as a given.
Problem is that Trump's stupid wall and his other policies are a really dumb way of dealing with it..

Robert Heinlein.

Last edited by dudalb; 1st February 2019 at 01:24 PM.
Old 1st February 2019, 05:18 PM   #1669
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

That a lot of drugs are smuggled over the US Border from Mexico is pretty undisputable.
Not the hard drugs, such as cocaine, heroin, and Fentanyl, that Trump keeps going on about. Those come through legal ports if entry by vehicle, boats, and planes, or via the mail system. Drugs that come into the US over the border are mostly Cannabis, and a lot of that gets in via tunnels under the border.

Quote:
Problem is that Trump's stupid wall and his other policies are a really dumb way of dealing with it..
Agreed

Old 4th February 2019, 12:21 PM   #1670
CORed
Philosopher

And violent crime along the border is a very real problem.
Almost all critics of Trump's border policies accept that as a given.
The idea that the wall will make a dent in drug trafficking is laughable. Say you want to smuggle a couple hundred pounds of meth or cocaine across the border. Are you going to:

A. Hire four people to backpack it across the desert?
B. Bribe somebody loading a truck going across the border to put it in a box on a pallet near the front of the truck?

Assuming you are dumb enough to go with A. Will a wall across the middle of that desert make you.

A. Give up?
B. Pick answer B to question 1?
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th February 2019, 07:53 PM   #1671
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Originally Posted by CORed View Post
The idea that the wall will make a dent in drug trafficking is laughable. Say you want to smuggle a couple hundred pounds of meth or cocaine across the border. Are you going to:

A. Hire four people to backpack it across the desert?
B. Bribe somebody loading a truck going across the border to put it in a box on a pallet near the front of the truck?

Assuming you are dumb enough to go with A. Will a wall across the middle of that desert make you.

A. Give up?
B. Pick answer B to question 1?
Put it in a ship-bound container that arrives from somewhere innocuous and unloads at any US seaport, disguised in one of many inventive ways. Hundreds of kilos per shipment that way.

Similarly, ship by aircraft freight.

Clearly this wall needs to extend out to sea and into the stratosphere. That's why the extra $0.7 billion on top of the original $5 billion Trump demanded.

Idiots.
Old 4th February 2019, 10:17 PM   #1672
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Put it in a ship-bound container that arrives from somewhere innocuous and unloads at any US seaport, disguised in one of many inventive ways. Hundreds of kilos per shipment that way.

Similarly, ship by aircraft freight.

Clearly this wall needs to extend out to sea and into the stratosphere. That's why the extra $0.7 billion on top of the original $5 billion Trump demanded.

Idiots.

"A dome! We have to build a dome over the country.

It's the only thing that can save us!"
Old 4th February 2019, 10:54 PM   #1673
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Originally Posted by quadraginta View Post

<troll voice>

If we get Fox and Friends to say that, what's the bet Donny will say it.

Worth a shot??

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

</troll voice>

Last edited by Norman Alexander; 4th February 2019 at 10:57 PM.
Old 5th February 2019, 06:31 AM   #1674
Armitage72
Master Poster

Originally Posted by quadraginta View Post

There was an episode of the short-lived sitcom "Powerless" in which President Luthor responded to an alien invasion by Tweeting "WE WILL BUILD A SPACE WALL! AND THE ALIENS WILL PAY FOR IT!"
Old 5th February 2019, 08:41 AM   #1675
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Another victim of the Trump administration:

Daily security briefings

http://time.com/5518947/donald-trump...onal-security/
Old 5th February 2019, 11:02 AM   #1676
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

There was an episode of the short-lived sitcom "Powerless" in which President Luthor responded to an alien invasion by Tweeting "WE WILL BUILD A SPACE WALL! AND THE ALIENS WILL PAY FOR IT!"

A terrible thing.

There should be a law against cancelling anything with Vanessa Hudgens it, no matter how abjectly pitiful the show is. (And that show wasn't really all that bad.)

Last edited by quadraginta; 5th February 2019 at 11:03 AM.
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th February 2019, 01:11 PM   #1677
d4m10n
Illuminator

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Not sure if Alex Acosta US Labor Secretary will be the next to go but my guess is things are going to get very uncomfortable for him. The deal he made when he was a US Attorney with Jeffrey Epstein Serial Child Rapist is likely to haunt him.
Looks like this case is going to be in the news for awhile:

https://www.abc-7.com/story/40006461...effrey-epstein

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/sta...226577419.html

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinio...men-ncna974911
Old 25th February 2019, 08:02 AM   #1678
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

Oh gosh!

If that awful, stupid, idiotic, blabbering, POS Rudy gets the boot, then one has wonder what kind of awful, stupid, idiotic, blabbering, POS lackey will be hired to replace him.
A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2019, 02:47 PM   #1679
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Crossbow View Post
Oh gosh!

If that awful, stupid, idiotic, blabbering, POS Rudy gets the boot, then one has wonder what kind of awful, stupid, idiotic, blabbering, POS lackey will be hired to replace him.
Not an issue. There are plenty of awful, stupid, idiotic, blabbering, POS lackey Trump Supporters who can take his place.
Senator Graham comes to mind....

Robert Heinlein.
Old 8th March 2019, 10:33 AM   #1680
d4m10n
Illuminator

Did anyone have Bill Shine in the deadpool?

https://twitter.com/janrodrigueztv/s...63649516322817

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics