ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Non-USA & General Politics
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags New Zealand issues , New Zealand politics

Reply
Old 25th November 2014, 09:57 PM   #41
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing
 
PhantomWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,023
Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
I'd like some opinions on what the Government is in the process of doing as regards bringing in Laws to identify possible recruits who want to head over to Syria and fight for Islamic State. Ultimately, those Laws are likely to be used stop them going.

While I agree with the idea of putting potential ISIL fighters under surveillance, I don't agree with the idea of stopping them from leaving. I don't want people with that kind of mindset (to want to join ISIL) living in this country, especially if they are likely to be pissed off about not being allowed to go.

If we have sufficient surveillance resources and the ability to know enough about these people to stop them going, then why not just let them go to Syria (where they are more likely to become cannon fodder than effective fighter) and then revoke their passports and citizenship after they leave so that they cannot come back.
My biggest concern is that they are voting themselves powers under the veil of counter terrorism and "Woe is us IS will kill us all"ism and that once granted they will then be free to use those powers against anyone and for any reason they decide is valid, even when it isn't.
__________________

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th November 2014, 09:59 PM   #42
MG1962
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,252
Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
My biggest concern is that they are voting themselves powers under the veil of counter terrorism and "Woe is us IS will kill us all"ism and that once granted they will then be free to use those powers against anyone and for any reason they decide is valid, even when it isn't.
Sadly a scene being repeated in Australia
MG1962 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th November 2014, 10:37 PM   #43
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing
 
PhantomWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,023
Originally Posted by MG1962 View Post
Sadly a scene being repeated in Australia
Ours isn't quite as bad as the Australian ones, you guys could be fast sliding towards Tyranny without anyone saying boo if your government keeps up with the type of laws its passing currently.
__________________

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th November 2014, 12:24 PM   #44
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant
 
The Atheist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 21,540
Meanwhile, the Andrew v Johnny battle is engaged.

Clear round one to Andrew Little, with Key's fingers caught in the cesspool of Cameron Slater's neo-Nazism.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11365677

Could not have been played better by Andrew:

"The guy cannot tell a straight story.

"It's time to say game over, John. Front up, admit the truth, tell New Zealanders, say sorry and we'll all move on."


This guy is good.
__________________
The point of equilibrium has passed; satire and current events are now indistinguishable.
The Atheist is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th November 2014, 11:12 PM   #45
Tsukasa Buddha
Other (please write in)
 
Tsukasa Buddha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NeverLand
Posts: 15,023
Originally Posted by The Atheist View Post
Meanwhile, the Andrew v Johnny battle is engaged.

Clear round one to Andrew Little, with Key's fingers caught in the cesspool of Cameron Slater's neo-Nazism.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11365677

Could not have been played better by Andrew:

"The guy cannot tell a straight story.

"It's time to say game over, John. Front up, admit the truth, tell New Zealanders, say sorry and we'll all move on."


This guy is good.
"So in principle I haven't engaged in a dialogue with him." In principle, this man is intelligent.
__________________
As cultural anthropologists have always said "human culture" = "human nature". You might as well put a fish on the moon to test how it "swims naturally" without the "influence of water". -Earthborn
Tsukasa Buddha is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th November 2014, 11:53 PM   #46
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant
 
The Atheist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 21,540
Originally Posted by Tsukasa Buddha View Post
"So in principle I haven't engaged in a dialogue with him." In principle, this man is intelligent.
Two things wrong with that:

Johnny Combover has been in dialogue with Slater, and that will be proven by the investigation.

He has no principles.
__________________
The point of equilibrium has passed; satire and current events are now indistinguishable.
The Atheist is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2014, 12:04 PM   #47
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate
 
cullennz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,603
Originally Posted by The Atheist View Post
Two things wrong with that:

Johnny Combover has been in dialogue with Slater, and that will be proven by the investigation.

He has no principles.
Everyone has been in dialogue with Slater

Including half of the Labour party

The leaks about all of Labours never ending line of former leaders don't appear out of thin air
cullennz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2014, 03:48 PM   #48
wombatwal
Graduate Poster
 
wombatwal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Van Squad
Posts: 1,475
I don't know much about N.Z. politics.
But I have a "feeling", gut feeling, intuition, psychic flash , that your Conservative P.M. is in fact a bit progressive. I could actually like him.
Am I right, or my feelings are way out of wack?
__________________
http://500px.com/Bruce_Wallace

Put him in the van.
wombatwal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2014, 06:06 PM   #49
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant
 
The Atheist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 21,540
Originally Posted by cullennz View Post
Everyone has been in dialogue with Slater

Including half of the Labour party

The leaks about all of Labours never ending line of former leaders don't appear out of thin air
I love this.

You are now the eleventh person to say to me, "Labour is every bit as bad as National, with the same dirty tricks."

To which I will give you the same reply all the others ran away from:

Evidence?

Either provide evidence or withdraw the claim. I believe that's how it works.
__________________
The point of equilibrium has passed; satire and current events are now indistinguishable.
The Atheist is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2014, 06:10 PM   #50
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant
 
The Atheist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 21,540
Originally Posted by wombatwal View Post
I don't know much about N.Z. politics.
But I have a "feeling", gut feeling, intuition, psychic flash , that your Conservative P.M. is in fact a bit progressive. I could actually like him.
Am I right, or my feelings are way out of wack?
Depends what you mean by "progressive" I guess. Plenty of people like him - in fact, they like him so much they've forgiven him and his government being the most dishonest and corrupt government in NZ's history.

On the other hand, if by "progressive" you mean "disenfranchises the poor, destroys employee rights, removes human rights we've had since Magna Carta, attacks early childhood education and actively ignores taking action on climate change", then he is exactly that.
__________________
The point of equilibrium has passed; satire and current events are now indistinguishable.
The Atheist is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2014, 02:05 AM   #51
wombatwal
Graduate Poster
 
wombatwal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Van Squad
Posts: 1,475
Originally Posted by The Atheist View Post
Depends what you mean by "progressive" I guess. Plenty of people like him - in fact, they like him so much they've forgiven him and his government being the most dishonest and corrupt government in NZ's history.

On the other hand, if by "progressive" you mean "disenfranchises the poor, destroys employee rights, removes human rights we've had since Magna Carta, attacks early childhood education and actively ignores taking action on climate change", then he is exactly that.
Oh, I am ill informed. I actually thought he was doing something about climate change. Maybe compared to our climate denier Conservatives he is very green.
And all of the other points he sounds like our barnacle encrusted Captain Tones of the good ship Team Austraya.
__________________
http://500px.com/Bruce_Wallace

Put him in the van.
wombatwal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2014, 10:38 AM   #52
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant
 
The Atheist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 21,540
Originally Posted by wombatwal View Post
Oh, I am ill informed. I actually thought he was doing something about climate change. Maybe compared to our climate denier Conservatives he is very green.
And all of the other points he sounds like our barnacle encrusted Captain Tones of the good ship Team Austraya.
Ah, well that's why I thought I'd answer.

Our leadership in climate was always down to the emphasis placed by Helen Clark's Labour. When Key got voted in, the money had already been planned and budgeted, so there was no issue there, but once the GFC hit, climate was the first budget to get cut.

In the last budget, the government was desperate to forecast a surplus pre-election and they were about $600m short.

Hey presto! Reduce the climate budget from $1B to $0 and you suddenly have a $400m surplus!

"Yippee!!" said the polar bears.

Key talks climate because his own Chief Science Officer calls climate deniers "equivalent to Holocaust deniers", and pays lip service to it because Kiwis are a ecologically-sensitive bunch and think climate change is a threat.

Yet, in a strange paradox, the surest was to lose votes is to instigate taxes to help stop it.

Key's smarter than a dunny rat, but as dishonest as one as well.
__________________
The point of equilibrium has passed; satire and current events are now indistinguishable.
The Atheist is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th December 2014, 02:31 PM   #53
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant
 
The Atheist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 21,540
Originally Posted by Francesca R View Post
Oh and I am short the Kiwi dollar.
Which was a nice score, at a 2.6% depreciation by 10 December.

Mainly thanks to the ongoing dairy price collapse.

Luckily for Teflon John, the time dairy reached its lowest point for 4-5 years coincides with the summer break and there's nobody asking Johnny & English what's happened to their projected surplus for 2014/15.

The tax take will be down by at least a billion, so the surplus is now fantasy.
__________________
The point of equilibrium has passed; satire and current events are now indistinguishable.
The Atheist is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th December 2014, 02:54 PM   #54
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate
 
cullennz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,603
Originally Posted by The Atheist View Post
I love this.

You are now the eleventh person to say to me, "Labour is every bit as bad as National, with the same dirty tricks."

To which I will give you the same reply all the others ran away from:

Evidence?

Either provide evidence or withdraw the claim. I believe that's how it works.
Hows Cunliffe getting on with his secret donations trust organised by his wife with the main trustee being a founder of the standard?

His wife secretly tweeted lately?
cullennz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th December 2014, 03:00 PM   #55
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate
 
cullennz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,603
Originally Posted by The Atheist View Post
Ah, well that's why I thought I'd answer.

Our leadership in climate was always down to the emphasis placed by Helen Clark's Labour. When Key got voted in, the money had already been planned and budgeted, so there was no issue there, but once the GFC hit, climate was the first budget to get cut.

.
Speaking of Clark. Has she got to act together since the report yet

Quote:
Former New Zealand prime minister Helen Clark has received a damning performance review in a new report highlighting the United Nations Development Programme's (UNDP) failures.
Reducing global poverty is the core focus of the United Nations' development arm, which has an annual budget of NZ$6.8 billion (US$5.7 billion).
Ms Clark has led the agency since 2009.
In a new evaluation, the UNDP's board is critical of how the agency is delivering on poverty reduction, saying many of its activities "have only remote connections with poverty, if at all".
Those activities include border management, helping to write reports on how a country is complying with international environmental agreements and advising on trade promotion.

Even the UNDP's poverty-focused activities are missing the mark with a "trickle-down approach" that presumes expanding trade and the private sector will create jobs and lift those at the bottom out of poverty, rather than an explicit "pro-poor bias".
cullennz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th December 2014, 04:34 PM   #56
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant
 
The Atheist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 21,540
Originally Posted by cullennz View Post
Hows Cunliffe getting on with his secret donations trust organised by his wife with the main trustee being a founder of the standard?

His wife secretly tweeted lately?


A bagatelle compared to National.

Are you sure I don't know you? You are on exactly the same tack, with identical evidence that was presented about 2 months ago when I asked the same question elsewhere.

The level of Labour's sins are miniscule compared to just the Tea with Banksy.

What Helen Clark has or has not done since joining the UN is absolutely irrelevant, which speaks volumes to the paucity and irrelevance of your defence of The Combover Kid.
__________________
The point of equilibrium has passed; satire and current events are now indistinguishable.
The Atheist is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th December 2014, 01:35 AM   #57
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate
 
cullennz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,603
I see Labour trying to send Mike Williams to find something to blackmail Key over didnt work.

Still. Cunliffe is embarrassed to be a man.
cullennz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd December 2014, 12:08 AM   #58
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant
 
The Atheist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 21,540
I see the promised land of Billy-Boy's budget surplus is now $0.5 billion short, with no likelihood of it being made up on a reducing tax-take.

Given that every cent was pruned to try to get the surplus in the first place, there's no meat to be cut. Climate is already at $0.

I am going to be very interested to see where Billy & johnny are going to conjure up an extra half a bar from.

Especially at a time when rents have started rising rapidly as wages stagnate.
__________________
The point of equilibrium has passed; satire and current events are now indistinguishable.
The Atheist is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd December 2014, 01:03 AM   #59
Shiner
Motor Mouth
 
Shiner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,796
Australia is turning into America.
New Zealand is turning into Australia.
Keep flying those stars and stripes, bro's.
We'll all get there in the end.
Shiner is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd December 2014, 01:08 AM   #60
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant
 
The Atheist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 21,540
Jeez, I hope you're wrong mate.

It is pretty funny that political union is not on either country's agenda as we walk the exact same path!
__________________
The point of equilibrium has passed; satire and current events are now indistinguishable.
The Atheist is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd December 2014, 06:17 AM   #61
MG1962
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,252
Originally Posted by The Atheist View Post
Jeez, I hope you're wrong mate.

It is pretty funny that political union is not on either country's agenda as we walk the exact same path!
Well what would either country gain from such a union

Australia gets a rugby team

New Zealand gets a cricket team

We both get a netball team four times better than the next best team in the world.
MG1962 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd December 2014, 11:31 AM   #62
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant
 
The Atheist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 21,540
Originally Posted by MG1962 View Post
Well what would either country gain from such a union
Australia: social responsibility, New Zealand: $
__________________
The point of equilibrium has passed; satire and current events are now indistinguishable.
The Atheist is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd December 2014, 03:55 PM   #63
Damien Evans
Up The Irons
Tagger
 
Damien Evans's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 34,377
Originally Posted by MG1962 View Post
Well what would either country gain from such a union

Australia gets a rugby team

New Zealand gets a cricket team

We both get a netball team four times better than the next best team in the world.
Dunno about that last, England and Jamaica are pretty good at the moment (and New Zealand are the worst I can remember them being).
__________________
i loves the little birdies they goes tweet tweet tweet hee hee i loves them they sings to each other tweet twet tweet hee hee i loves them they is so cute i love yje little birdies little birdies in the room when birfies sings ther is no gloom i lobes the little birdies they goess tweet tweet tweet hee hee hee i loves them they sings me to sleep sing me to slrrp now little birdies - The wisdom of Shemp.
Damien Evans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd December 2014, 07:59 PM   #64
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate
 
cullennz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,603
Atheist. Labour agreed with an voted un the spy laws. Did you miss it?

Never fear. Norman will print heaps of money and KDC can hack our way out of problems in 2017
cullennz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd December 2014, 08:09 PM   #65
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate
 
cullennz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,603
Originally Posted by The Atheist View Post
I see the promised land of Billy-Boy's budget surplus is now $0.5 billion short, with no likelihood of it being made up on a reducing tax-take.

Given that every cent was pruned to try to get the surplus in the first place, there's no meat to be cut. Climate is already at $0.

I am going to be very interested to see where Billy & johnny are going to conjure up an extra half a bar from.

Especially at a time when rents have started rising rapidly as wages stagnate.
Half a bill is chicken feed in the budget.

Considering between Labour and Green election policys it was about 40
cullennz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th December 2014, 02:24 AM   #66
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant
 
The Atheist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 21,540
Originally Posted by cullennz View Post
Atheist. Labour agreed with an voted un the spy laws. Did you miss it?
Is that supposed to relate to my request for Labour political corruption?

Fail. The vote, while dumb, was open and known

Originally Posted by cullennz View Post
Never fear. Norman will print heaps of money and KDC can hack our way out of problems in 2017
Look, I really do appreciate you emphasising my points for me.

Russel Norman is Greenmunist, not Labour, and Kim Dotcom isn't involved in politics now and is likely to be in side a Federal US Prison in 2017.

Seriously, if that the best shots you have, give up now while you''re losing.
__________________
The point of equilibrium has passed; satire and current events are now indistinguishable.
The Atheist is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th December 2014, 02:30 AM   #67
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant
 
The Atheist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 21,540
Originally Posted by cullennz View Post
Half a bill is chicken feed in the budget.
You just have no idea what you're saying or how nonsensical is is.

Half a bar is chicken feed, yet Billy the Catholic was trumpeting a 40 MILLION surplus.

The difference between a 40m surplus and 500m deficit is fairly significant in a shrinking tax take. For christ's sake do learn some extremely basic economics before you position your foot inside your mouth again.

Originally Posted by cullennz View Post
Considering between Labour and Green election policys it was about 40
That sentence tells me that you don't know the plural of "policy" or understand economic statement at all. NZ's entire GDP is 200 bn. If you think anyone on the planet is going to believe you comment that Labour was going to overspend it by a factor of 20% you are seriously deluded.

If you wish to discuss the subject you will need to do a hell of a lot better than posting completely fallacious statements.
__________________
The point of equilibrium has passed; satire and current events are now indistinguishable.
The Atheist is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th December 2014, 02:56 AM   #68
Shiner
Motor Mouth
 
Shiner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,796
Originally Posted by cullennz View Post
Atheist. Labour agreed with an voted un the spy laws ...
Is this in code? Or, is it a secret Kiwistani dialect?

Either way, could we have an English translation, please?

Last edited by Shiner; 24th December 2014 at 02:57 AM.
Shiner is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th December 2014, 11:57 AM   #69
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate
 
cullennz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,603
Originally Posted by Shiner View Post

Is this in code? Or, is it a secret Kiwistani dialect?

Either way, could we have an English translation, please?
There is a reason for the description under my username.

If you cant work out what I meant you are either a pedant or are just annoying
cullennz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th December 2014, 12:00 PM   #70
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate
 
cullennz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,603
Originally Posted by The Atheist View Post
You just have no idea what you're saying or how nonsensical is is.

Half a bar is chicken feed, yet Billy the Catholic was trumpeting a 40 MILLION surplus.

The difference between a 40m surplus and 500m deficit is fairly significant in a shrinking tax take. For christ's sake do learn some extremely basic economics before you position your foot inside your mouth again.



That sentence tells me that you don't know the plural of "policy" or understand economic statement at all. NZ's entire GDP is 200 bn. If you think anyone on the planet is going to believe you comment that Labour was going to overspend it by a factor of 20% you are seriously deluded.


If you wish to discuss the subject you will need to do a hell of a lot better than posting completely fallacious statements.
I know Labour are dumping all their policy, but to deny what they would have cost is stupid
cullennz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th December 2014, 12:03 PM   #71
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate
 
cullennz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,603
I forget. Is WFF for non workers still their? GST off vege? Super age? Electricity changes? The just voted spy rules. Does this mean no GCSB review?
cullennz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th December 2014, 01:51 AM   #72
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant
 
The Atheist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 21,540
Originally Posted by cullennz View Post
I know Labour are dumping all their policy, but to deny what they would have cost is stupid
There's no denial involved - you are typing arrant nonsense.

Instead of making insane accusations, please show the evidence (which you will not be able to, since it is your personal fantasy) that Labour/Greens were planning spending that would create a budget deficit of $40bn spending.
__________________
The point of equilibrium has passed; satire and current events are now indistinguishable.
The Atheist is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th December 2014, 03:00 AM   #73
Shiner
Motor Mouth
 
Shiner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,796
Originally Posted by cullennz View Post
There is a reason for the description under my username.

If you cant work out what I meant you are either a pedant or are just annoying
I hadn't noticed that before. I won't pick on your grammar.

I can work out what it's supposed to say. It is obvious, but how is it meant to represent corruption? That was what you were replying to.
Shiner is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th December 2014, 04:15 AM   #74
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate
 
cullennz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,603
Labour agreed to the recent spy law changes , so why moan about them.

As an aside. I specifly ask for the description as I cant spell for pants
cullennz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th December 2014, 04:21 AM   #75
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate
 
cullennz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,603
Though I just spelt "for pants"

Getting there
cullennz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th December 2014, 11:06 AM   #76
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant
 
The Atheist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 21,540
Originally Posted by cullennz View Post
Labour agreed to the recent spy law changes , so why moan about them.
Because I disagree with them?

I don't give a flying **** who supports what policy. If I disagree with it, I disagree with it.

However, it is National who have abused those laws, so right now they're carrying the can. As far as Labour goes, between Shearer's first three months and Andrew Little's election, I have not been even slightly a Labour supporter.

That's why you can take my word that your spin on Labour/Green economics is correct. Yes, their budget was stupid - even though it contained a couple of good points; yes, their economic policy presentation was amateurish beyond belief, but no way were they anything like -$40bn.
__________________
The point of equilibrium has passed; satire and current events are now indistinguishable.
The Atheist is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th December 2014, 11:21 AM   #77
Tatyana
Illuminator
 
Tatyana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,701
I would like to hear more about NZ and island social situation and politics as we really hear very little in the UK.

My other half is a Kiwi, he is getting his indefinate leave to remain in the next month or two, however, his family is in NZ and Aus, most of mine is in Scotland, Canada or the US now.

Meeting family for holidays typically involves long flights.
Tatyana is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th December 2014, 06:51 PM   #78
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate
 
cullennz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,603
Originally Posted by Tatyana View Post
I would like to hear more about NZ and island social situation and politics as we really hear very little in the UK.

My other half is a Kiwi, he is getting his indefinate leave to remain in the next month or two, however, his family is in NZ and Aus, most of mine is in Scotland, Canada or the US now.

Meeting family for holidays typically involves long flights.
Pretty boring at the mo. xmas. Just people like Atheist moaning about laws passed by pretty much everyone.

Gets better come Jan-feb
cullennz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th December 2014, 06:58 PM   #79
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate
 
cullennz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,603
Basically Atheist is moaning because they passed law that says you dont need a warrant in certain cicumstances for 24 hours. What he has neglected to point out is by law any evidence gathered in that time is illegal unless the warranis proven to be needed.

Think of it like cops in Sydney finding out some jerk is going to take over a cafe in 6 hours .

Atheist would prefer them to get permission before searching for guns
cullennz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th December 2014, 07:53 PM   #80
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant
 
The Atheist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 21,540
Originally Posted by cullennz View Post
Basically Atheist is moaning because they passed law that says you dont need a warrant in certain cicumstances for 24 hours.
What you are doing is making a silly strawman that has nothing to do with anything I've ever said. Just give up.
__________________
The point of equilibrium has passed; satire and current events are now indistinguishable.
The Atheist is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Non-USA & General Politics

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:29 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.