ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Non-USA & General Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags New Zealand issues , New Zealand politics

Old 30th March 2015, 05:57 PM   #161
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Winston winning is funny.

Good luck getting his media coverage at A & P shows up north

Little has shown himself to be an utter hypocrite.

Threw Prime under the bus. He was even celebrating her loss

I'm fine with the tactic. National use it well, but when you have spent 6 years criticising other leaders doing it, it makes you look like an idiot
I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today’s Internet technology we should be able to tell within 72-hours if a potential gun owner has a record.

Source: The America We Deserve, by Donald Trump, p.102 , Jul 2, 2000
cullennz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st March 2015, 10:40 AM   #162
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Originally Posted by cullennz View Post
Winston winning is funny.

Good luck getting his media coverage at A & P shows up north

Little has shown himself to be an utter hypocrite.

Threw Prime under the bus. He was even celebrating her loss

I'm fine with the tactic. National use it well, but when you have spent 6 years criticising other leaders doing it, it makes you look like an idiot
Nice to see how far the disinformation goes on that story - it encourages me as to how much National voters are hurting.

Key must be gutted the cricketers couldn't win and deflect from his loss. Still, I give him credit for taking the loss on his own shoulders.

First off, Little hasn't been in Parliament for six years, and the voices against deals didn't come from him.

Secondly, and far more importantly, he did not advise voters to vote for Winston, he did not campaign for ACT or Peter Dunne, he did not ensure no Labour appeared on the ballot paper, and best of all, he will ensure Willow-Jean gets a good spot on the nect list.

It's not like she had a dog's show anyway.

Keep up the good work, mate - it really does me good to see National voters so upset.
Old 22nd April 2015, 02:53 AM   #163
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

John Key under just a little pressure as his arrogance starts to catch up with him.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11436677

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11436771
Old 23rd April 2015, 04:45 AM   #164
dellarte
Master Poster

Dragon. Choice NZ rock band. Hewson's lyrics and M. Hunter's heartfelt delivery. Words fail me.
dellarte is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd April 2015, 09:52 AM   #165
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Originally Posted by The Atheist View Post
John Key under just a little pressure as his arrogance starts to catch up with him.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11436677

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11436771
The whole thing seems so bizarre to me.
Old 23rd April 2015, 02:55 PM   #166
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Key was an idiot. He apologised. She accepted the apology and 2 bottles of wine

She is a member of at last 3 anti-Key groups on Facebook and Bomber

I think we can work out what is going on
I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today’s Internet technology we should be able to tell within 72-hours if a potential gun owner has a record.

cullennz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd April 2015, 03:44 PM   #167
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Originally Posted by dellarte View Post
Dragon. Choice NZ rock band. Hewson's lyrics and M. Hunter's heartfelt delivery. Words fail me.
Couldn't agree more. Marc Hunter was a genius, but deeply flawed.

I have no doubt they would have been the biggest "Aussie" band of all time if he'd been able to pull his head/heroin habit/alcoholism/tongue in a little.

Key was an idiot. He apologised. She accepted the apology and 2 bottles of wine

She is a member of at last 3 anti-Key groups on Facebook and Bomber

I think we can work out what is going on
Indeed we can, as more and more pictures surface of John Key feeling little girls' long hair arise.

Winston Peters got it right again - he's a trichophiliac and unable to control himself.

And if you're worried about the complainant's agenda, there are plenty of lifelong National people - including former National MPs who are screwing their noses up and saying his behaviour is utterly unacceptable.

Like:

Former Nat MP, now Human Rights Commissioner Jackie Blue.

Marilyn Waring, who points out that what he did is against the law. (going for 2/2 at bringing down National PMs)
Old 23rd April 2015, 03:54 PM   #168
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

"Ladies and Gentleman"

"Let me introduce The Atheist"

"The only man alive who has never ruffled a kids hair"

Old 23rd April 2015, 04:15 PM   #169
Tsukasa Buddha
Other (please write in)

About how many PMs have ever pulled a waitress's ponytail to the point the waitress and the PM's wife have to tell them to knock it off?

I'd say the peculiarity is the most striking thing about it.
Old 23rd April 2015, 04:30 PM   #170
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

"Ladies and Gentleman"

"Let me introduce The Atheist"

"The only man alive who has never ruffled a kids hair"
Other than my kids, that is 100% correct. Why the hell would I ruffle some other person's kid's hair? I'm not Saddam Hussein, which is I think the last time I heard of a country's leader ruffling a kid's hair.

And it's not just kids' hair, by the way. Every case involved to date is a young female.

The guy's a pervert and much as you and the Minister of Women's Affairs' laughable attempt to defend him, there is no defence.

Even Johnny himself has been forced to realise this, with an abject apology and promise to "learn from the incident". For the first time, it is an issue even Johnny C can't just keep quiet and let it die.

If you don't think this will be Key has had no option but to surrender you're kidding yourself.
Old 23rd April 2015, 04:34 PM   #171
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Originally Posted by Tsukasa Buddha View Post
About how many PMs have ever pulled a waitress's ponytail to the point the waitress and the PM's wife have to tell them to knock it off?

I'd say the peculiarity is the most striking thing about it.
The really interesting part is just how many cases are now coming out showing how serial the behaviour is.

A highly disturbing number of the victims to date have been girls under the age of 13.

You can work that out for yourself.
Old 23rd April 2015, 05:05 PM   #172
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

What are you implying Atheist?

I said he was an idiot, but it is pretty obvious there is a fair bit of left political muck raking going on.

And yes I have ruffled other kids hair

I have helped in rugby coaching

Any comment on why bomber waited till he could take news off the 100th anniversary of gallipoli?

Nice guy

Old 23rd April 2015, 06:49 PM   #173
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

And yes I have ruffled other kids hair
Each to their own, I guess, but you're lucky it wasn't my kids.

I have helped in rugby coaching
Well, I never helped anyone coach but I did personally coach junior rugby for eight years and primary school teams for six.

Not once in that time did I feel the urge to ruffle hair, and I can't recall a teacher or other rugby coach ever having done it in my view.

Any comment on why bomber waited till he could take news off the 100th anniversary of gallipoli?

Nice guy

Oh come on - that's the worst defence since Taranto.

I don't think it's going to overshadow Gallipoli. The TVs will have nothing else from tomorrow at about 5 am onwards.

You're worse than John Key at this. Just accept defeat; he has.
Old 23rd April 2015, 08:37 PM   #174
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Then I guess your stand offish and Im not.

It isn't a defense. The dude was an idiot.

I just question bombers motives

Old 19th May 2015, 04:18 AM   #175
Samson
Philosopher

Well well well, so John Banks was right and the highly intelligent Kim Dotcom wrong. Blind Freddie can see there were two meetings at the mansion, one with the Americans, and one about the donations. I read Kiwiblog and saw the likes love John Banks and the acquittal. I don't care about the donations, because you cannot campagne for office without money, but the question is whether John Banks knew where they came from, and he said he did not. This is obviously a bare faced lie.

So lo and behold, I got to a comment hidden due to adverse ratings, and here it is.

.................................................. .................................................. ...........................................

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

‘Sensational’????

More like bloody unbelievable!

How did Kim Dotcom know to split his $50,000 donation into 2 x $25,000 donations?

OSMOSIS?

If John Banks knew the identity of electoral donor – Kim Dotcom – then Kim Dotcom’s donation(s) should NOT have been listed as ‘anonymous’ – end of story.

John Banks should not have relied upon his Treasurer to compile the list of donors, when his Treasurer was NOT present at all meetings when donations were discussed or solicited.

I’m with the Solicitor-General on this one!

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11440033

” …The Solicitor-General, Mike Heron, QC, appeared by video-link and maintained that while Kim Dotcom’s evidence against Mr Banks has changed since the first trial, the story remained the same in one crucial respect.

The Butler memorandum did not change the key plank of the false electoral charge, said Mr Heron.

“Dotcom maintains there was a conversation with Banks in his house about donations. There is no fundamental change about whether there was a conversation. Mr Banks himself accepts that.

“Mr Banks knew that these donations had been made. He knew who the donor was. Whether there was one lunch or two, cannot totally undermine that,” said Mr Heron.

This was backed by the corroborating evidence that the two cheques were made out for $25,000 each.

Mr Heron said he was “not defending Mr Dotcom’s credibility for one moment” but a judge could rely on parts of his evidence and dismiss others, as Justice Edwin Wylie did when he convicted Mr Banks.

Mr Heron said there was also an issue around whether the Butler memorandum needed to be disclosed to the defence and, in any case, the material did not change the key tenet of Dotcom’s evidence.

….”

In my opinion, there should have been a retrial.

Penny Bright

http://www.pennybright4mayor.org.nz

.................................................. .................................................. ............................................

The problem is she is obviously and unequivocally correct!

What do you other New Zealanders think on a neutral forum like this?

Last edited by Samson; 19th May 2015 at 04:21 AM.
Samson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th May 2015, 02:34 PM   #176
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

For all of Banks's faults (and there are many) the crown deliberately hid evidence and that is just dodgey Atheist.

The whole thing was a beat up anyway. Donations are being split left right and center. KDC just had an agenda.

I personally would have gone after Banks for the Huljich fiasco and been jailed

Old 19th May 2015, 02:36 PM   #177
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

And you are pushing it with credibility bringing in Penny "weirdo" Bright

Old 19th May 2015, 05:34 PM   #178
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Aaargh - I knew I knew that name.

Now I recall where. THAT Penny Bright.
Old 19th May 2015, 10:06 PM   #179
Samson
Philosopher

And you are pushing it with credibility bringing in Penny "weirdo" Bright
Her facts are correct. A pathway by which Dotcom can split two cheques and Banks be unaware where they come must be clearly shown to disprove factual guilt. Legal innocence is fine, because I agree it doesn't matter.
Samson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th May 2015, 12:34 PM   #180
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Not very scientific, but I asked people yesterday whereabouts was the most likely place for racial abuse of a Fijian player in club rugby to happen.

Every one - and I checked none of them knew about it first - said either Christchurch or Canterbury.

I gave away a lot of chocolate fish yesterday.
Old 27th May 2015, 03:05 PM   #181
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

How many were from canterbury

Old 27th May 2015, 05:27 PM   #182
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

None.
Old 27th May 2015, 09:16 PM   #183
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Crusader envy.

Meanwhile Labour are talking about the important things. A few pillars in a building

Old 28th May 2015, 02:01 AM   #184
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Crusader envy?

The origins of bad behaviour of Canty crowds and players goes back long, long before Super any number.

Grant Fox being booed in NZ while wearing a black jersey? Lancaster Park.

The 1971 Canterbury/Lions game? The most vicious game of rugby ever.

John Ashworth (Canterbury) opening up JPR Wiliiams' head like a can of baked beans?

Richard Loe? Greg Cooper eye gouge, Paul Carozza broken nose, Grant Fox clothesline...

Face it, Canterbury has the bad sports trophy permanently stored at CRU HQ.
Old 28th May 2015, 02:36 AM   #185
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

None involve racism

Old 28th May 2015, 03:15 AM   #186
Damien Evans
Up The Irons
Tagger

Crusader envy.

Meanwhile Labour are talking about the important things. A few pillars in a building
What's to be envious of? You couldn't even beat us in round 1, and you were at home!
i loves the little birdies they goes tweet tweet tweet hee hee i loves them they sings to each other tweet twet tweet hee hee i loves them they is so cute i love yje little birdies little birdies in the room when birfies sings ther is no gloom i lobes the little birdies they goess tweet tweet tweet hee hee hee i loves them they sings me to sleep sing me to slrrp now little birdies - The wisdom of Shemp.
Damien Evans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th May 2015, 12:18 PM   #187
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

None involve racism
Ah, you wanted examples of racism in Christchurch/Canty.

Sorry, I thought that was a given. Have you ever spoken to people with brown skin unfortunate enough to live there?

How about?

A Crusaders player subject to racist abuse in a Christchurch bar.

Human Rights Commission and Chch City Council identifying racism as "A area of concern".

Casual racist statements to visiting bloggers.

Or, a whopping 160 people turning up to oppose the country's only White Pride event. In Chch, of course.

Need more? That's only the quickest search turned that up and there are lots more. Including the article I linked to at first.
Old 28th May 2015, 01:17 PM   #188
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Fair call

But pretty depressing

Old 28th May 2015, 01:18 PM   #189
Drewbot
Philosopher

Has anyone tried Wakachangi Lager? it's made from the waters of The Ol' Misty.
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th May 2015, 01:19 PM   #190
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Odd.

My phone says your post was done in 1970!

Old 28th May 2015, 01:28 PM   #191
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post
Has anyone tried Wakachangi Lager? it's made from the waters of The Ol' Misty.
Must be good - I see they awarded themselves a Gold Medal!

Waikato waters? We drink that by itself up here. That sewage dump in Ngaruawahia just adds a bit of colour.
Old 28th May 2015, 06:21 PM   #192
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

I hope Sepp comes for the junior world cup so we can make fun of him

Old 2nd June 2015, 09:58 PM   #193
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Crusader envy.

And National complains about doors that their own Speaker ordered all while trying to blame labour for them....

At least more people that ever are seeing through Key now.

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd June 2015, 02:14 PM   #194
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Not wrong.

The first serious cracks showed up yesterday when the first post-budget polls show that National's and Key's rating are dropping.

Long may that continue.
Old 5th June 2015, 11:49 PM   #195
gumboot
lorcutus.tolere

Why is this thread in the politics section?

O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde
keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

A fan of fantasy? Check out Project Dreamforge.
gumboot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2015, 12:47 AM   #196
SezMe
post-pre-born

gumboot, see the OP.
SezMe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2015, 02:22 AM   #197
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Anyone heard news on Jerry Collin's toddler? Poor little thing

Old 6th June 2015, 01:41 PM   #198
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

No. That's an ugly business. His Mrs was driving, apparently.

Buses are unforgiving.
Old 6th June 2015, 02:21 PM   #199
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

In fact, it sounds like she's going to be ok:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/6915...-pulls-through
Old 6th June 2015, 03:01 PM   #200
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Originally Posted by SezMe View Post
gumboot, see the OP.
That, and I keep hoping someone will try to defend the Prime Minister who is overseeing an entire generation get flushed down the toilet just like this:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11461054

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Non-USA & General Politics