ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Reply
Old 5th February 2019, 07:11 AM   #1841
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector
 
ponderingturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 46,031
Originally Posted by Meadmaker View Post
Up next, more stupid similes that contribute nothing of value.
Hey either the logic holds or it doesn't. You clearly agree with Trump about the good people on both sides at charolotsville, so why should these be so different?
__________________
Sufficiently advanced Woo is indistinguishable from Parody
"There shall be no *poofing* in science" Paul C. Anagnostopoulos
Force ***** on reasons back" Ben Franklin
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2019, 07:17 AM   #1842
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man
 
JoeMorgue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 17,484
This like arguing that everyone who drives a Volkswagen or wears Hugo Boss is by definition okay with genocide against the Jews.
__________________
- "Ernest Hemingway once wrote that the world is a fine place and worth fighting for. I agree with the second part." - Detective Sommerset
- "Stupidity does not cancel out stupidity to yield genius. It breeds like a bucket-full of coked out hamsters." - The Oatmeal
- "To the best of my knowledge the only thing philosophy has ever proven is that Descartes could think." - SMBC
JoeMorgue is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2019, 07:21 AM   #1843
Meadmaker
Penultimate Amazing
 
Meadmaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 18,889
I want to relate this to the OP.

All people who break up Native American ceremonies are racist.
The Covington kids are racist.
Therefore, the Covington kids broke up a Native American rally.


Right now the focus is on proving the second premise, but that really misses a very important point.

A huge number of people in our society were willing to accept the original story without evidence, because it fit with our prejudices. That's just the sort of thing that a bunch of teenaged maga hat wearers would do. Right?

Well, no. It isn't. And even if it were, it wouldn't mean that this particular story is true. Even after the story has been debunked, there's still argument.
Meadmaker is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2019, 07:26 AM   #1844
Meadmaker
Penultimate Amazing
 
Meadmaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 18,889
Originally Posted by ponderingturtle View Post
Yep this also proves Trump right that there were fine people on both sides.

Racists organized the Charlotsville March
Bob Smith Attended the Charlotsville March
Therefore Bob Smith is a racist.

This clearly shows Trump was right and there were good people on both sides.
Charlottesville? You can do better than that. Come on. The March for Life is just like the Nuremberg rallies.
Meadmaker is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2019, 07:57 AM   #1845
Meadmaker
Penultimate Amazing
 
Meadmaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 18,889
Originally Posted by ponderingturtle View Post
Hey either the logic holds or it doesn't. You clearly agree with Trump about the good people on both sides at charolotsville, so why should these be so different?
Do you think you will ever tire of making stuff up about what other people "clearly believe"?
Meadmaker is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2019, 07:59 AM   #1846
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector
 
ponderingturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 46,031
Originally Posted by Meadmaker View Post
Charlottesville? You can do better than that. Come on. The March for Life is just like the Nuremberg rallies.
Do you agree with that or not? If you do not then why is it so different from

Trump is a white supremacist
Bob Smith Supports Trump
Bob Smith is a racist


So is there a problem associating and supporting white supremacists or not?
__________________
Sufficiently advanced Woo is indistinguishable from Parody
"There shall be no *poofing* in science" Paul C. Anagnostopoulos
Force ***** on reasons back" Ben Franklin
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2019, 08:02 AM   #1847
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector
 
ponderingturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 46,031
Originally Posted by Meadmaker View Post
Do you think you will ever tire of making stuff up about what other people "clearly believe"?
It follows directly from your logic here. Clearly supporting white supremacists isn't a big deal and doesn't mark someone as a racist so why is that different from attending a white supremacist organized march?

You seem to move your logical boundaries constantly. It fits your logic perfectly so I guess logic is not all that important to you then.
__________________
Sufficiently advanced Woo is indistinguishable from Parody
"There shall be no *poofing* in science" Paul C. Anagnostopoulos
Force ***** on reasons back" Ben Franklin
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2019, 08:05 AM   #1848
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing
 
varwoche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Puget Sound
Posts: 12,767
Elephants and mice are both gray mammals.
__________________
To survive election season on a skeptics forum, one must understand Hymie-the-Robot.
varwoche is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2019, 08:06 AM   #1849
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man
 
JoeMorgue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 17,484
Hitler and Ponderingturtle both don't like smoking.

So... wait let me clear my throat so I do this right... CLEARLY ponderingturtle also supports the final solution against the Jews.
__________________
- "Ernest Hemingway once wrote that the world is a fine place and worth fighting for. I agree with the second part." - Detective Sommerset
- "Stupidity does not cancel out stupidity to yield genius. It breeds like a bucket-full of coked out hamsters." - The Oatmeal
- "To the best of my knowledge the only thing philosophy has ever proven is that Descartes could think." - SMBC
JoeMorgue is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2019, 08:11 AM   #1850
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector
 
ponderingturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 46,031
At least no one is trying to say that Trump isn't a white supremacist, they just don't think merely supporting white supremacists is a bad thing.
__________________
Sufficiently advanced Woo is indistinguishable from Parody
"There shall be no *poofing* in science" Paul C. Anagnostopoulos
Force ***** on reasons back" Ben Franklin
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2019, 08:12 AM   #1851
Belz...
Fiend God
 
Belz...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the details
Posts: 81,402
Originally Posted by varwoche View Post
Elephants and mice are both gray mammals.
They're also just as big depending on how far you are from them.
__________________
Master of the Shining Darkness

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward


Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2019, 08:13 AM   #1852
Belz...
Fiend God
 
Belz...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the details
Posts: 81,402
Originally Posted by ponderingturtle View Post
At least no one is trying to say that Trump isn't a white supremacist, they just don't think merely supporting white supremacists is a bad thing.
Stop lying. No one said that.

No one 'clearly' said that, either.
__________________
Master of the Shining Darkness

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward


Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2019, 08:14 AM   #1853
Meadmaker
Penultimate Amazing
 
Meadmaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 18,889
Originally Posted by ponderingturtle View Post
Do you agree with that or not? If you do not then why is it so different from

Trump is a white supremacist
Bob Smith Supports Trump
Bob Smith is a racist


So is there a problem associating and supporting white supremacists or not?
Your argument above is completely fallacious. In form, it isn't even coherent.

It seems to be missing a premise, which is that all people who support a racist politician are racist. If that premise were added, the argument would.at least be valid, but the premise.would be.false, therefore the argument would not be sound.
Meadmaker is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2019, 08:14 AM   #1854
Hungry81
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,117
Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
It's called hyperbole Zigg. It can be used for good, like to show the ridiculousness of an argument.

What happened to the kids? I mean, seriously. That's why I find this so strange because this has happened to several people. I've never seen anyone here, on either sides, so up in arms about it.

I've given several examples of the President himself causing people he disagrees with to have their lives invaded, his supporters have told a young 18 year old they would rape her after she questioned him on TV, he and they have engaged in personal threats, etc. That's who they support, and gone as far as to buy a hat to show that support. A man who has locked children up in cages, has insulted our military, has degraded women ad nauseum, has insulted people with disabilities, has encouraged violence towards protesters and naysayers, and the ******* list goes on and on.

If you support someone that does that, and you wear clothing that supports someone who does that, then yes. It's childish and naive to think you wouldn't get push back from intelligent Americans.

As far as I know, though, none of these kids have been attacked physically, they're still in their schools, one of them hired a PR firm to handle it, and they don't really seem to have had anything long lasting happen to them. Outside of this thread, I don't even see the story anymore.

Nathan Phillips is in the wrong, as well as everyone else involved; however, I don't have any tears for these kids. Not because they're MAGA kids, but because nothing happened. Everyone walked away without any lasting damage, and as TBD has found a way to use the word "race grifter" 5,000 ******* times. I'd say everyone came out ahead.
Ahahahaha. No.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Hungry81 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2019, 08:17 AM   #1855
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector
 
ponderingturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 46,031
Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
Stop lying. No one said that.

No one 'clearly' said that, either.
Then where is the fault in the logic

Trump is a white supremacist
Bob Supports Trump
Bob is a racist

The first two are irrefutable facts. Why do you have so many problems with the logical conclusion?

People have been clear that you can no condem Trump supporters as racist, this means logically supporting Trump does not make one a racist and as he is clearly a white supremacist, so why isn't supporting him racist?
__________________
Sufficiently advanced Woo is indistinguishable from Parody
"There shall be no *poofing* in science" Paul C. Anagnostopoulos
Force ***** on reasons back" Ben Franklin
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2019, 08:21 AM   #1856
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector
 
ponderingturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 46,031
Originally Posted by Meadmaker View Post
Your argument above is completely fallacious. In form, it isn't even coherent.
I am just restating your argument. The only conclusion I can draw is that no matter how racist trump is supporting him will never be viewed by you as racist because of I guess american exceptionalism?

That is why you are such a defender of steve king too, merely being racist is no problem for republican politicians and should in no way be viewed as acceptable by the republicans who vote and support them anyway.

So when does supporting a racist become a bad thing? Not that you would ever address this of course.
__________________
Sufficiently advanced Woo is indistinguishable from Parody
"There shall be no *poofing* in science" Paul C. Anagnostopoulos
Force ***** on reasons back" Ben Franklin
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2019, 08:32 AM   #1857
The Big Dog
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29,742
Originally Posted by Mumbles View Post
ETA: To be clear, I'm not saying that some high school kids should be taken as anything but immature brats who don't merit national attention, same as many people are at that age. But this is a good time to teach them where they went wrong so they don't end up, say, in blackface next to someone in a Klan outfit at age 24. Or in blackface at age 24. Or whatever it is Northram was doing.
Or in an actual hate group like the Black Hebrews, or blatant race grifters like Nathan etc.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2019, 08:35 AM   #1858
Belz...
Fiend God
 
Belz...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the details
Posts: 81,402
Originally Posted by ponderingturtle View Post
Then where is the fault in the logic

Trump is a white supremacist
Bob Supports Trump
Bob is a racist

The first two are irrefutable facts. Why do you have so many problems with the logical conclusion?
Do I?

I have no problem saying that Bob, in this syllogism, at least tolerates racism, even if he might not be a racist himself-- oh, there you go. Your conclusion doesn't follow from its premises!
__________________
Master of the Shining Darkness

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward


Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2019, 08:40 AM   #1859
Meadmaker
Penultimate Amazing
 
Meadmaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 18,889
Originally Posted by ponderingturtle View Post
Then where is the fault in the logic

Trump is a white supremacist
Bob Supports Trump
Bob is a racist

The first two are irrefutable facts. Why do you have so many problems with the logical conclusion?

People have been clear that you can no condem Trump supporters as racist, this means logically supporting Trump does not make one a racist and as he is clearly a white supremacist, so why isn't supporting him racist?
You seem to be confusing "argument" with "sequence of statements that share some words."

Henry Aaron is a baseball player.
Bob Smith supports Henry Aaron.
Therefore Bob Smith is a baseball player.
Meadmaker is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2019, 08:40 AM   #1860
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector
 
ponderingturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 46,031
Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
Do I?

I have no problem saying that Bob, in this syllogism, at least tolerates racism, even if he might not be a racist himself-- oh, there you go. Your conclusion doesn't follow from its premises!
Then why is viewing those in MAGA hats as supporters of racism wrong? It is litterally true? And they are proudly showing it off.
__________________
Sufficiently advanced Woo is indistinguishable from Parody
"There shall be no *poofing* in science" Paul C. Anagnostopoulos
Force ***** on reasons back" Ben Franklin
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2019, 08:43 AM   #1861
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector
 
ponderingturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 46,031
Originally Posted by Meadmaker View Post
You seem to be confusing "argument" with "sequence of statements that share some words."

Henry Aaron is a baseball player.
Bob Smith supports Henry Aaron.
Therefore Bob Smith is a baseball player.
It's almost as if being a racist was somewhat different than being a baseball player. But you are right merely supporting racists does not make one a racist and is in fact not at all wrong.
__________________
Sufficiently advanced Woo is indistinguishable from Parody
"There shall be no *poofing* in science" Paul C. Anagnostopoulos
Force ***** on reasons back" Ben Franklin
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2019, 08:45 AM   #1862
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man
 
JoeMorgue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 17,484
CLEARLY if you vote democrat you support driving cars off of bridges and leaving your passenger in the water to drown.
__________________
- "Ernest Hemingway once wrote that the world is a fine place and worth fighting for. I agree with the second part." - Detective Sommerset
- "Stupidity does not cancel out stupidity to yield genius. It breeds like a bucket-full of coked out hamsters." - The Oatmeal
- "To the best of my knowledge the only thing philosophy has ever proven is that Descartes could think." - SMBC
JoeMorgue is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2019, 08:45 AM   #1863
Belz...
Fiend God
 
Belz...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the details
Posts: 81,402
Originally Posted by ponderingturtle View Post
It's almost as if being a racist was somewhat different than being a baseball player.
This just in: boolean logic works differently depending on the topic.

We're still waiting for word of our reporters on whether maths are similarily affected.
__________________
Master of the Shining Darkness

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward


Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2019, 08:46 AM   #1864
Belz...
Fiend God
 
Belz...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the details
Posts: 81,402
Originally Posted by ponderingturtle View Post
Then why is viewing those in MAGA hats as supporters of racism wrong?
Is it?

You're asking weird questions. Maybe you lost your train of thought in all that straw.
__________________
Master of the Shining Darkness

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward


Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2019, 08:58 AM   #1865
Meadmaker
Penultimate Amazing
 
Meadmaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 18,889
Originally Posted by ponderingturtle View Post
I am just restating your argument. The only conclusion I can draw is that no matter how racist trump is supporting him will never be viewed by you as racist because of I guess american exceptionalism?

That is why you are such a defender of steve king too, merely being racist is no problem for republican politicians and should in no way be viewed as acceptable by the republicans who vote and support them anyway.

So when does supporting a racist become a bad thing? Not that you would ever address this of course.
Steve king is not the subject of this thread, so I'm not going to follow that derail.
Meadmaker is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2019, 09:44 AM   #1866
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing
 
MRC_Hans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 21,991
Originally Posted by ponderingturtle View Post
Then where is the fault in the logic

Trump is a white supremacist
Bob Supports Trump
Bob is a racist

The first two are irrefutable facts. Why do you have so many problems with the logical conclusion?
Assuming the first are correct (I have no reason to doubt them), #3 does not necessarily follow.

After all, this is the realm of politics. Even in a system of many parties, as in my own country, I don't think I will ever find a party that I agree 100% with.

I can't imagine that even a large part of the US population agrees 100% with either Trump or Hillary Clinton. So most people have chosen the side they think works best for them, currently. Especially as they know that it will be for at most 8 years.

Hans
__________________
Experience is an excellent teacher, but she sends large bills.

Last edited by MRC_Hans; 6th February 2019 at 09:45 AM.
MRC_Hans is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th February 2019, 11:17 AM   #1867
The Big Dog
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29,742
blue pill pusher and straight up race grifter refuses to apologize for falsely calling teenagers racists...

Sad...
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th February 2019, 11:19 AM   #1868
Matthew Best
Philosopher
 
Matthew Best's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Leicester Square, London
Posts: 6,582
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
blue pill pusher and straight up race grifter refuses to apologize for falsely calling teenagers racists...
Hic!
Matthew Best is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th February 2019, 11:21 AM   #1869
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man
 
JoeMorgue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 17,484
Let him be. The longer we let him talk the more he talks in nothing but nonsense words and inflections.

He's parroting the speaking style of his hero's tweets.
__________________
- "Ernest Hemingway once wrote that the world is a fine place and worth fighting for. I agree with the second part." - Detective Sommerset
- "Stupidity does not cancel out stupidity to yield genius. It breeds like a bucket-full of coked out hamsters." - The Oatmeal
- "To the best of my knowledge the only thing philosophy has ever proven is that Descartes could think." - SMBC
JoeMorgue is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th February 2019, 11:21 AM   #1870
Thermal
Philosopher
 
Thermal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: NJ USA. We Don't Like You Either
Posts: 7,505
Originally Posted by Matthew Best View Post
Hic!
Whoo hoo whoo hoo!

That's a double Jello-shot off a hooker's ass if I ever heard one!
__________________
"Half of what he said meant something else, and the other half didn't mean anything at all" -Rosencrantz, on Hamlet
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th February 2019, 04:25 PM   #1871
The Big Dog
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29,742
Nick Sandmann’s lawyer has confirmed that race grifter Nathan Phillips will be sued for slander and defmation.

Perhaps those fake tears that Nathan spilled while playacting for the cameras will be real this time. The fact that this disgraceful stolen valor life long fraud tried to destroy those kids lives demands justice.

Maybe the rabble who supported this misfit can get a go fund me to try to compensate the kids for him trying to destroy their lives.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th February 2019, 04:28 PM   #1872
applecorped
Rotten to the Core
 
applecorped's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 19,290
Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
....we let him talk ...
We?

Let?



Oh dear
__________________
All You Need Is Love.
applecorped is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th February 2019, 06:04 PM   #1873
applecorped
Rotten to the Core
 
applecorped's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 19,290
Where have all the Defenders gone long time passing, when will they ever learn....
__________________
All You Need Is Love.
applecorped is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th February 2019, 12:58 PM   #1874
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing
 
MRC_Hans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 21,991
Originally Posted by applecorped View Post
Where have all the Defenders gone long time passing, when will they ever learn....
Point is, once someone has gone far enough off on a tangent, they're best left alone.

Hans
__________________
Experience is an excellent teacher, but she sends large bills.
MRC_Hans is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th February 2019, 01:06 PM   #1875
Belz...
Fiend God
 
Belz...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the details
Posts: 81,402
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
blue pill pusher and straight up race grifter refuses to apologize for falsely calling teenagers racists...
Who are you talking to?
__________________
Master of the Shining Darkness

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward


Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th February 2019, 01:09 PM   #1876
applecorped
Rotten to the Core
 
applecorped's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 19,290
Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post
This is what happens when your "teacher" is also your mom-sister. Home schooling for the win.

You end up having your smug punchable little face plastered all over the internet.
__________________
All You Need Is Love.
applecorped is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th February 2019, 01:11 PM   #1877
applecorped
Rotten to the Core
 
applecorped's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 19,290
Originally Posted by catsmate View Post

Approaching fractal wrongness there.
You sure did
__________________
All You Need Is Love.
applecorped is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th February 2019, 01:16 PM   #1878
Belz...
Fiend God
 
Belz...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the details
Posts: 81,402
Originally Posted by applecorped View Post
You sure did
Ah, the good old, reliable "I know you are, but what am I?" defense. Always a classic.
__________________
Master of the Shining Darkness

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward


Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th February 2019, 01:19 PM   #1879
Venom
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 2,251
Old enough to wear the MAGA hat making a political message I say you're old enough to get slapped upside the head.
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th February 2019, 02:15 PM   #1880
The Big Dog
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29,742
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Old enough to wear the MAGA hat making a political message I say you're old enough to get slapped upside the head.
'k.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:53 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.