ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING! , Amanda Knox , Italy cases , Meredith Kercher , murder cases , Raffaele Sollecito

Old Yesterday, 10:33 AM   #1881
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Bill Williams View Post
"Blame the victim"!???? That's what you got out of this!? What's the matter with you?

Back to lurking.
Which part of:

"the fatal tearing wound was due to Meredith either tripping on either the rug or due to the close proximity of their feet when Rudy was holding her from behind."

is not blaming the victim?
Old Yesterday, 11:03 AM   #1882
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Which part of:

"the fatal tearing wound was due to Meredith either tripping on either the rug or due to the close proximity of their feet when Rudy was holding her from behind."

No, it is not. IF it happened as described (which I do not agree with), then Guede still had the knife to Meredith's throat. I interpret it as describing why the wound was tearing instead of a clean cut. In no way is that 'blaming the victim'.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 12:23 PM   #1883
TomG
Scholar

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
No, it is not. IF it happened as described (which I do not agree with), then Guede still had the knife to Meredith's throat. I interpret it as describing why the wound was tearing instead of a clean cut. In no way is that 'blaming the victim'.
No, of course it's not blaming the victim, the very notion is ridiculous. It's just another viewpoint that anyone can consider on a take it or leave it basis. I don't think it can be ruled out.

Hoots
Old Yesterday, 12:28 PM   #1884
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
You've been on this forum a long time and you're still surprised by that?
I'm slow. Forgive me, I'm a draftee.
Old Yesterday, 12:29 PM   #1885
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

Which part of:

What is the matter with you?
Old Yesterday, 12:39 PM   #1886
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Bill, how much time ya got?
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 02:12 PM   #1887
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Which part of:

No, it isn't. Why can't you figure that out?

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 02:53 PM   #1888
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing

Yeah, blame the victim. That's the logical progression of nutter-PIP theory.

I did tell you already: there's only one "side" in this debate* to which the descriptor "nutter" may correctly be applied. And it's not the "side" to which you refer above.

(Oh and if you think this counted as "victim-blaming", I think you really ought to brush up on the definition of the term.....)

* well, not a debate really because one "side" is right and has been shown to be right - a bit like the Moon landings really
LondonJohn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 02:57 PM   #1889
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing

Which part of:

How about: "All of it"?

Blaming the victim in this case might consist of something along the lines of "Kercher was probably leading Guede on with sexual advances". Which, to my knowledge, no member of the pro-acquittal commentator group has ever attempted to suggest. But the pro-guilt group, on the other hand............
LondonJohn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 07:20 PM   #1890
TruthCalls
Graduate Poster

Maybe this is what happens when you spend years writing mindless, hateful rhetoric - you lose touch with reality. But this one is really bizarre because there was absolutely nothing even remotely resembling "blaming the victim". I actually thought she was declaring Guede as the victim. I put nothing past her.
TruthCalls is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 10:36 PM   #1891
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by TruthCalls View Post
Maybe this is what happens when you spend years writing mindless, hateful rhetoric - you lose touch with reality. But this one is really bizarre because there was absolutely nothing even remotely resembling "blaming the victim". I actually thought she was declaring Guede as the victim. I put nothing past her.
Crazy.... but you've got to admit it's some fascinating entertainment!

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors