ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Economics, Business and Finance

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old Yesterday, 01:50 PM   #3521
Gaetan
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Leftus View Post
As others have noted, Jesus was all about paying people for their work.
Mathew 20:8

“When evening came, the owner of the vineyard said to his foreman, ‘Call the workers and pay them their wages, beginning with the last ones hired and going on to the first.’

And then we go to 13
But he answered one of them, ‘I am not being unfair to you, friend. Didn’t you agree to work for a denarius? 14 Take your pay and go. I want to give the one who was hired last the same as I gave you. 15 Don’t I have the right to do what I want with my own money? Or are you envious because I am generous?’
This parable means that if you convert to the last hour to the no money system you'll be granted of the same reward than if you was always converted to the no money system, to heaven

Last edited by Gaetan; Yesterday at 01:51 PM.
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 02:36 PM   #3522
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
This parable means that if you convert to the last hour to the no money system you'll be granted of the same reward than if you was always converted to the no money system, to heaven
Wait. You are saying that I can lead my entire life operating a money system but convert on my death bed to jebus, all is well.

Sounds like a plan.

You have convinced me, Gaetan. I shall make it my life goal to work for money and make as much profit as possible. All I need to do is recant on my death bed and it doesn't matter.

Thanks. Bring on the booze and loose women.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 06:20 PM   #3523
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

But... but... that means we'll have to pay for sex workers until they die.

Why do you dishonestly avoid the question of what Jesus meant by his words in the bible?
RoboTimbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 06:34 AM   #3524
Leftus
Graduate Poster

No, what it means is that if you accept a wage for an amount of work, you get exactly that and no more. That you are entitled to what you agreed to. Keep in mind, there was a gatekeeper between who got paid and if they worked. Something you reject.

Also, it's a parable to not question authority. And to not be jealous of what others have. That last lesson you might want to review.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 10:17 AM   #3525
Gaetan
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Leftus View Post
No, what it means is that if you accept a wage for an amount of work, you get exactly that and no more. That you are entitled to what you agreed to. Keep in mind, there was a gatekeeper between who got paid and if they worked. Something you reject.

Also, it's a parable to not question authority. And to not be jealous of what others have. That last lesson you might want to review.
ESV Mt 20 “For the kingdom of heaven is like a master of a house

He says is like he doesn't say it is then this parable shouldn't be taken literally as you think. This parable is the same as the prodigue infant, pearl lost find, the good thief who convert the last minute, the sheep lost find. This parable means that you have the chance to convert if you was not a good person at the last hour and you'll be granted of the same reward than if you was always converted, heaven.
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 11:43 AM   #3526
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

But what does Jesus mean when he says, "the laborer deserves his wages"?

Why are you still being dishonest, Gaetan? Are you just typical religious who can't be trusted?
RoboTimbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 03:45 PM   #3527
Leftus
Graduate Poster

ESV Mt 20 “For the kingdom of heaven is like a master of a house

He says is like he doesn't say it is then this parable shouldn't be taken literally as you think. This parable is the same as the prodigue infant, pearl lost find, the good thief who convert the last minute, the sheep lost find. This parable means that you have the chance to convert if you was not a good person at the last hour and you'll be granted of the same reward than if you was always converted, heaven.
This is a problem, where it's literal when you want it to be literal and symbolic when you want it to be symbolic. It's almost like you are taking your biases and bending your god's word to fit your world view. Damn that actual printed word, and I'll tell you what it actually says. I'll pass.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Economics, Business and Finance