ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING! , Amanda Knox , Italy cases , Meredith Kercher , murder cases , Raffaele Sollecito

Old 13th October 2019, 04:46 AM   #3241
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
FYI The bra clasp was originally found UNDER the body which was UNDER a duvet UNDER scattered bits of paper that the 'interrupted burglar' was scattering during his burglary BEFORE being 'interrupted' by Mez.

How did Raff's DNA get to there from the door?

Go figure.

Old 13th October 2019, 05:14 AM   #3242
whoanellie
Muse

If it is incorrect that weight x velocity equals distance travelled of a thrown inanimate obiect, how come when I was watching the mm-world championship athletics t'other day a narrrative came up on my screen displaying at what velocity each javelin thrower threw his javelin as it lauched in the air? Surely there must be a link for the highest speed at release were also the ones that seemed to travel the furthest. (134 mpk iirc.)
Wow! Another one to add to my list.
from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimensional_analysis
"Any physically meaningful equation (and any inequality) will have the same dimensions on its left and right sides, a property known as dimensional homogeneity. Checking for dimensional homogeneity is a common application of dimensional analysis, serving as a plausibility check on derived equations and computations. It also serves as a guide and constraint in deriving equations that may describe a physical system in the absence of a more rigorous derivation."
whoanellie is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2019, 05:17 AM   #3243
AnimalFriendly
Thinker

Sorry to break it to you but Guede has no criminal record of trespassing or breaking in.
Bagels didn't say "record", he/she said history. Perhaps one day Vix's reading comprehension will exceed that of a 6-year-old.
AnimalFriendly is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2019, 05:31 AM   #3244
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by AnimalFriendly View Post
Bagels didn't say "record", he/she said history. Perhaps one day Vix's reading comprehension will exceed that of a 6-year-old.
Who can put their hand up and truthfully claim they have never trespassed, even if it was when you were a kid and you tiptoed across someone's lawn to retrieve your ball. Or you played 'chicken' at the local railway tunnel? You listened out for a train coming, at which point you flattened yourself against the tunnel wall as an express train hurled past at 90 mph. Or you crept into the school bike sheds late in the evening to share a fag or a snog. Maybe you took a short cut across a farmer's field?
Old 13th October 2019, 05:43 AM   #3245
whoanellie
Muse

By the way Vixen, what is 134 mpk?
whoanellie is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2019, 05:46 AM   #3246
TruthCalls
Graduate Poster

Who can put their hand up and truthfully claim they have never trespassed, even if it was when you were a kid and you tiptoed across someone's lawn to retrieve your ball. Or you played 'chicken' at the local railway tunnel? You listened out for a train coming, at which point you flattened yourself against the tunnel wall as an express train hurled past at 90 mph. Or you crept into the school bike sheds late in the evening to share a fag or a snog. Maybe you took a short cut across a farmer's field?
Well I can tell you I never broke into a school and spent the night there. I can also tell you I've never broken into someone's apartment and then confronted them with a knife when I was detected. And I certainly was never caught with stolen property from a law office which had been broken into a few days prior.

But yeah, I do recall a time I climbed over a fence and went into someone else's property to retrieve a baseball hit to far, so you got me there.
TruthCalls is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2019, 06:12 AM   #3247
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by whoanellie View Post

I'll accept that one as a typo on Vixen's part (unless her dimensional *jazz freestyling* extends to "miles per Kelvin".....)

But we're way, way beyond the realms of "typos" when it comes to "weight x velocity equals distance travelled of a thrown inanimate object" LMAO
LondonJohn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2019, 06:24 AM   #3248
whoanellie
Muse

Originally Posted by LondonJohn View Post
I'll accept that one as a typo on Vixen's part (unless her dimensional *jazz freestyling* extends to "miles per Kelvin".....)

But we're way, way beyond the realms of "typos" when it comes to "weight x velocity equals distance travelled of a thrown inanimate object" LMAO
Old 13th October 2019, 07:11 AM   #3249
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Sollecito must have pressed his fingers firmly on the bra clasp hook for it to have shown such a high profile DNA sample. There were fragments of 6-8 allele of another two males, which can safely be dismissed as background contamination (for example, from dust).

Originally Posted by TomG View Post
It's always confused me as to why at least 3 male profiles were found on the bra-clasp and nowhere else at the crime scene. It seems that if the traces were NOT due to contamination there would have to be at least 3 different male assailants attacking Meredith with the sole interest of seizing the bra-clasp and having no interest or interaction with anything else in the room. Why didn't these 3 anonymous assailants not just ask Meredith for her bra-clasp and spare the poor girls life since that it seems was all they were interested in? Once the 3 anonymous assailants did get the clasp, what did they do with it except leave their traces all over it? Did they perform a little ritual before burying the bra-clasp under the rug in Meredith's room? OMG! it's got to be the masons! Hey, I've an idea! Why don't we ask Naseer (The man from Atlan) to ask the now archived Gabriella Carlizzi who can then contact Meredith who can.....Nah! I've got a better idea, it's CONTAMINATION right?

Hoots
Just to be accurate, that was not my quote above; that was Vixen's post. The whole thing is just complete supposition not based on any science. It's just nonsense pulled out of Vixen's repository of non-scientific 'sigh-ence'.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2019, 07:25 AM   #3250
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Sorry to break it to you but Guede has no criminal record of trespassing or breaking in.

No point reading any further.

As for your last sentence...say no more.
Nice try. He has no criminal record of trespassing or breaking in because he was ordered released by the Milan prosecutor before he was charged/tried for some still unknown reason. It's not like he hadn't been caught red-handed. Or do you really believe he met some South American guy at the train station who let him into the nursery school for 20 euros as he claimed?

Guede DOES have a criminal record for receiving stolen property as well as the murder conviction
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2019, 07:33 AM   #3251
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Are you seriously trying to equate stealing into a nursery school without permission, helping yourself to the owner's computer cable, sleeping there, and stealing a knife from the kitchen with hopping a fence to retrieve a wayward ball?! He was in possession of stolen items, which he likely stole himself unless you're gullible and desperate enough to believe his story. Odd how he just happened to have a woman's gold watch on him and his neighbor's apartment just happened to have been broken into and one stolen very recently before. The rest of your post isn't even worth responding to.
Old 13th October 2019, 07:43 AM   #3252
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by TruthCalls View Post
Well I can tell you I never broke into a school and spent the night there. I can also tell you I've never broken into someone's apartment and then confronted them with a knife when I was detected. And I certainly was never caught with stolen property from a law office which had been broken into a few days prior.

But yeah, I do recall a time I climbed over a fence and went into someone else's property to retrieve a baseball hit to far, so you got me there.
It is bizarre the way the Knox-haters have defended Rudy, the real killer and rapist, over the years. Remember, this is the guy who lied when he said he had been in the cottage "on a date" with the victim, which (continuing his self-serving lies) was his explanation for his DNA in her vagina.

The Nencini court had accepted one of his lies as true.... his claim that Knox had arrived in the middle of this date, knocking on the very door she had a key to so that the victim had had to let her in. Nencini said that it was true that Rudy had heard a row over rent money break out.

Not a Satanic rite, not a sex game gone wrong, not a dispute over household cleanliness.... Nencini had put aside all those former judicial truths to substitute his own, based on no one but Rudy.

Do lurkers here wonder how this case had gone off the rails from 2007 to 2015? Yet Vixen pins her defence of the real killer on the judicial truth that Rudy had never been charged with burglary, despite being found with a "burglary kit" in his posession in places he'd actually broken into.

This is how the guilter-nutters have rolled all these years. And if it takes defending the killer, so be it.

Last edited by Bill Williams; 13th October 2019 at 07:45 AM.
Bill Williams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2019, 09:02 AM   #3253
Mr Fied
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by TomG View Post
It's always confused me as to why at least 3 male profiles were found on the bra-clasp and nowhere else at the crime scene. It seems that if the traces were NOT due to contamination there would have to be at least 3 different male assailants attacking Meredith with the sole interest of seizing the bra-clasp and having no interest or interaction with anything else in the room. Why didn't these 3 anonymous assailants not just ask Meredith for her bra-clasp and spare the poor girls life since that it seems was all they were interested in? Once the 3 anonymous assailants did get the clasp, what did they do with it except leave their traces all over it? Did they perform a little ritual before burying the bra-clasp under the rug in Meredith's room? OMG! it's got to be the masons! Hey, I've an idea! Why don't we ask Naseer (The man from Atlan) to ask the now archived Gabriella Carlizzi who can then contact Meredith who can.....Nah! I've got a better idea, it's CONTAMINATION right?

Hoots
I wonder if all the male scenes of crime and lab workers were tested we might get 3 DNA matches?
Mr Fied is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2019, 11:42 AM   #3254
bagels
Master Poster

No point reading any further.

As for your last sentence...say no more.
If that's what you want to believe
bagels is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2019, 11:57 AM   #3255
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by bagels View Post
If that's what you want to believe
More like "if that's what you need to believe".
Old 13th October 2019, 05:01 PM   #3256
NotEvenWrong
Muse

Is this real life?

Vixen.... have you considered the possibility that you just string scientific sounding words together (that maybe you saw on a TV show one time) to sound "sciencey", but you don't actually understand what they mean? Like, these clearly aren't typos. It's you trying to sound authoritative on things you have no knowledge or experience in.

Relatedly, do you think this may be why you think Amanda and Raffaele are somehow still guilty despite all the scientific experts, Supreme Court, ECHR, etc. finding they are not? Like perhaps the experts know more than you, the person who gets her knowledge from TV shows? Have you considered that possibility....?
NotEvenWrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2019, 05:04 PM   #3257
NotEvenWrong
Muse

I go back and forth between being sure Vixen's a troll and think "haha look at the troll no way she actually believes that nice work Vixen." and thinking "holy crap Vixen actually believes that". Not sure what the truth is. Vixen is straight twilight zone sometimes. She's clearly invested in this that's the only for sure thing. 12 years is a looong time to keep up a troll though.
NotEvenWrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2019, 06:34 PM   #3258
whoanellie
Muse

Originally Posted by NotEvenWrong View Post
Is this real life?

Vixen...…. have you considered the possibility that you just string scientific sounding words together (that maybe you saw on a TV show one time) to sound "sciencey", but you don't actually understand what they mean? Like, these clearly aren't typos. It's you trying to sound authoritative on things you have no knowledge or experience in.

Relatedly, do you think this may be why you think Amanda and Raffaele are somehow still guilty despite all the scientific experts, Supreme Court, ECHR, etc. finding they are not? Like perhaps the experts know more than you, the person who gets her knowledge from TV shows? Have you considered that possibility....?
Originally Posted by NotEvenWrong View Post
I go back and forth between being sure Vixen's a troll and think "haha look at the troll no way she actually believes that nice work Vixen." and thinking "holy crap Vixen actually believes that". Not sure what the truth is. Vixen is straight twilight zone sometimes. She's clearly invested in this that's the only for sure thing. 12 years is a looong time to keep up a troll though.
I'm quite certain Vixen is for real. She believes that she has "great and unmatched wisdom". Capeesh? Kemo sabe?

Last edited by whoanellie; 13th October 2019 at 06:38 PM.
Old Yesterday, 12:35 AM   #3259
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by TruthCalls View Post

Ah, so you, too 'have a history of trespassing'.
Old Yesterday, 12:37 AM   #3260
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by whoanellie View Post
Erratum That should read 'kph'.
Old Yesterday, 12:39 AM   #3261
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Nice try. He has no criminal record of trespassing or breaking in because he was ordered released by the Milan prosecutor before he was charged/tried for some still unknown reason. It's not like he hadn't been caught red-handed. Or do you really believe he met some South American guy at the train station who let him into the nursery school for 20 euros as he claimed?

Guede DOES have a criminal record for receiving stolen property as well as the murder conviction
A conviction for handling stolen goods is not nearly as serious as one for criminal calunnia, which attracts up to six years' imprisonment.
Old Yesterday, 01:26 AM   #3262
Stacyhs
Philosopher

A conviction for handling stolen goods is not nearly as serious as one for criminal calunnia, which attracts up to six years' imprisonment.

Nice try...but no one said they were comparable. In fact, no one brought up Knox at all; it was your contention that "Guede has no criminal record of trespassing or breaking in" as if that meant he had no history of doing so. Which of course, we all know he did unless you'd like to claim that Del Prato, the two workmen with her, Tramontano and his girlfriend are all liars.

I suspect you will have a bad case of the vapors when Italy abides by the ECHR findings on the calunnia conviction. You might want to have some smelling salts ready.
Old Yesterday, 02:07 AM   #3263
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Ah, so you, too 'have a history of trespassing'.
You really can't see the difference between a kid retrieving a ball from a backyard and Guede illegally entering a place of business at night and making himself at home? Well, that does explain a lot.
Old Yesterday, 04:41 AM   #3264
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

You really can't see the difference between a kid retrieving a ball from a backyard and Guede illegally entering a place of business at night and making himself at home? Well, that does explain a lot.
As you have been told; the courts did not charge him with trespassing or breaking and entry, so therefore Guede did not do anything illegal in that respect. It could have done so had it probable cause.

The fact Guede was still there in the morning when various workmen arrived tends to support his claim he went there to sleep for the night.

He might have been technically trespassing just like I might have been when I walked along somebody's wall as a kid or rang their doorbell and ran away.

Bagels claim 'Guede had a history of trespassing therefore he is the sole killer' has zippo merit to it.
Old Yesterday, 04:47 AM   #3265
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

.Bagels claim 'Guede had a history of trespassing therefore he is the sole killer' has zippo merit to it.
Vixen's claim the Rudy Guede was a distant cousin of Mignini has zippo merit to it.
Old Yesterday, 05:06 AM   #3266
bagels
Master Poster

Who broke in and stabbed Meredith to death? Certainly not the burglar standing there covered in blood! - Guilters, haha they crack me up
bagels is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 07:41 AM   #3267
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by bagels View Post
Who broke in and stabbed Meredith to death? Certainly not the burglar standing there covered in blood! - Guilters, haha they crack me up
How can I put this...shall I tell him or do you want to...?
Old Yesterday, 08:24 AM   #3268
Stacyhs
Philosopher

As you have been told; the courts did not charge him with trespassing or breaking and entry, so therefore Guede did not do anything illegal in that respect. It could have done so had it probable cause.
As you have been told, the Milan prosecutor made the decision not to charge Guede for unknown reasons; but it certainly wasn't because what Guede had done wasn't illegal. Just because someone was not CHARGED with something does not mean what they did wasn't illegal. That really isn't a very difficult concept to understand (for most people). Are you seriously claiming that Guede going into a private place of business without the owner's consent wasn't illegal? Is that why del Prato and the workers held Guede there after calling the police? Was Guede perfectly within the law when he stashed a knife from the school kitchen into his backpack?
Is that why the police hauled his ass into the police station?

Quote:
The fact Guede was still there in the morning when various workmen arrived tends to support his claim he went there to sleep for the night.

No one has ever claimed Guede wasn't there to sleep for the night so why you pull that little bit of irrelevancy out of your "look over there" bag of tricks is anyone's guess. But that doesn't change the fact that he was breaking the law when he did so.

Quote:
He might have been technically trespassing just like I might have been when I walked along somebody's wall as a kid or rang their doorbell and ran away.
"He might have been technically trespassing"[/u][/b]? Remind me of your ridiculous claim when someone lets himself into your apartment some night and you come home to find him with some of your things in his backpack.
Quote:
Bagels claim 'Guede had a history of trespassing therefore he is the sole killer' has zippo merit to it.
It would have zippo merit if that is what Bagels had actually claimed, which he did not. THIS is what he actually said:

Quote:
So you have the following pieces of evidence:

1. Rudy Guede's criminal history of trespassing and break-ins
2. A figure consistent with Rudy Guede seen approaching the empty cottage alone on CCTV
3. An apparent break-in at the cottage
4. Rudy Guede's shoeprints at the cottage
5. Rudy's complete lack of a plausible reason for being at the cottage

Notice that all 5 pieces of evidence here are themselves connected in a web of corroboration, because they are impressions of an event that actually occurred and themselves form a picture of what actually happened.
Your penchant for misrepresenting/lying about what someone actually says is mind boggling...yet so very predictable.
Old Yesterday, 08:36 AM   #3269
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Bill Williams View Post
Vixen's claim the Rudy Guede was a distant cousin of Mignini has zippo merit to it.
Now, Bill. Shame on you. I'm sure she presented evidence of that just as she proved Dr. Sollecito attended Rocco's memorial and Raffaele was hanging out with gangsters on the beach in the Dominican Republic. After all, the pictures she provided removed all doubt. Right? And let's not forget the quote from the MR where the money theft charges were 'dropped' and Knox and Sollecito were not acquitted "for not having committed the act". She also proved there were no bars under Filomena's window in Nov. 2007 and that Knox flew home on a privately chartered 747. But her coup de grace was proving that her PR firm was paid at least $2 million. No one can argue with the evidence she presented for that. As she said, it was easily found on the internet in some article where Curt Knox was standing on some stairs somewhere.
Old Yesterday, 08:38 AM   #3270
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

Your penchant for misrepresenting/lying about what someone actually says is mind boggling...yet so very predictable.
It's strange that some don't realize their posts are etched in stone here, always available to be referred to.

I'm just glad that she apologized for using the victim's familiar name, and undertook to never be creepy again.
Old Yesterday, 08:40 AM   #3271
Stacyhs
Philosopher

How can I put this...shall I tell him or do you want to...?
No need. The Supreme Court already told us it wasn't Knox or Sollecito. That leaves Guede. You know, the guy who admits being there during the murder, whose bloody shoe prints are both inside and outside the victim's bedroom, whose DNA in both on and in the body, whose bloody palm print was found under the body, who had cuts on his hands, who fled the country, etc. I know you find that confusing, but we've tried for years to explain it to you.
Old Yesterday, 09:19 AM   #3272
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Bill Williams View Post
It's strange that some don't realize their posts are etched in stone here, always available to be referred to.

I'm just glad that she apologized for using the victim's familiar name, and undertook to never be creepy again.
They were just typos. Oft repeated typos.
Old Yesterday, 02:07 PM   #3273
Methos
Muse

As you have been told, the Milan prosecutor made the decision not to charge Guede for unknown reasons; but it certainly wasn't because what Guede had done wasn't illegal. Just because someone was not CHARGED with something does not mean what they did wasn't illegal. That really isn't a very difficult concept to understand (for most people). Are you seriously claiming that Guede going into a private place of business without the owner's consent wasn't illegal? Is that why del Prato and the workers held Guede there after calling the police? Was Guede perfectly within the law when he stashed a knife from the school kitchen into his backpack?
Is that why the police hauled his ass into the police station?
[...]
On the higlighted parts: I think it's a save bet that the original charge A) - that for whatever reason didn't make it into the judge of first instance's motivation - was breaking and entering.
I'd love to get my hands on the original charges because charges C) and D) apparently also didn't make it into that report (translation)...
It's interesting, that it took 6 years for this "case" to get to a first instance verdict. So that even the prosecution had to ask "per capi F e G NDP per intervenuta prescrizione"... Hmmm...
Old Yesterday, 04:30 PM   #3274
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Methos View Post
On the higlighted parts: I think it's a save bet that the original charge A) - that for whatever reason didn't make it into the judge of first instance's motivation - was breaking and entering.
I'd love to get my hands on the original charges because charges C) and D) apparently also didn't make it into that report (translation)...
It's interesting, that it took 6 years for this "case" to get to a first instance verdict. So that even the prosecution had to ask "per capi F e G NDP per intervenuta prescrizione"... Hmmm...

It looks like the same sort of prosecutorial/judicial shennanigans that took place in Curatolo's case. Prosecutors had cast-iron evidence that Curatolo was dealing hard drugs (as well as being an addict himself), yet mysteriously held back on taking the case to court for years and years. Until, in fact, Curatolo was no longer of use to them in the Knox/Sollecito trial process.

To most objective eyes, it looks very suspiciously like police and prosecutors chose to deliberately hold back on trying Curatolo. And it's really not difficult to propose a reasonable motive for them to have done so: Curatolo was potentially a useful informant for them - he lived and dealt on the streets and came into direct contact with (and must have had intimate knowledge of) many of the street criminal in the centre of Perugia. Plus he then of course became a useful "witness" in the Knox/Sollecito trial process in 2007.

It's extremely easy to imagine a scenario where police or prosecutors called Curatolo in, confronted him with the cast-iron case against him, and said to him something along the lines of "We could take you to court any time we like, and you'd be convicted and jailed for a very long time.... or..... you can help us in every way we tell you to, and we'll just put any thoughts of a trial and prison on ice. Do we have a deal, Toto?"
LondonJohn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 05:10 PM   #3275
Numbers
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Methos View Post
The translation to English that you provide of this "fast-track" trial has the prosecutor requesting:

"The Prosecutor requests:

conviction for charge A for attempted burglary with aggravating circumstances;

for charge B to concede the mitigating circumstances as being equivalent to the aggravating circumstances hence 4 months of imprisonment and 300 Euros fine;

for charge E to recognize the circumstances as per article 648 of the Penal Code hence 3 months of imprisonment and 200 Euros fine;

for charges F and G no possibility to proceed for {exceeding the} statute of limitations."

Thus, according to the translation, Charge A was for Burglary with Aggravating Circumstances.

Regarding the trial, it is noteworthy that it was a "fast-track" trial, called "giudizio abbreviato" - literally, in English "abbreviated trial", "shortened trial", or "summary trial" - meaning a trial held quickly after an accused is identified with no new discovery of evidence. While this type of trial is intended to assure that the accused is tried soon after being identified, if he agrees to such a trial, the verdict was given on 18 February 2013 for a crime in which the accused - Rudy Guede - had been identified on 27 October 2007.

The delay in Guede's trial is an obvious example of official misconduct. The authorities most likely delayed his trial on these charges to secure his cooperation in the wrongful prosecution of Knox and Sollecito and to prevent an official record of Guede's criminal activity prior to the murder/rape of Kercher from potentially diminishing the supposed credibility of his statements against Knox and Sollecito.

It is not clear - apparently not discussed in the Motivation Report - why Charge A was dropped (or simply doesn't appear in the verdict).

Last edited by Numbers; Yesterday at 06:15 PM.
Numbers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 03:21 AM   #3276
Welshman
Muse

It looks like the same sort of prosecutorial/judicial shennanigans that took place in Curatolo's case. Prosecutors had cast-iron evidence that Curatolo was dealing hard drugs (as well as being an addict himself), yet mysteriously held back on taking the case to court for years and years. Until, in fact, Curatolo was no longer of use to them in the Knox/Sollecito trial process.

To most objective eyes, it looks very suspiciously like police and prosecutors chose to deliberately hold back on trying Curatolo. And it's really not difficult to propose a reasonable motive for them to have done so: Curatolo was potentially a useful informant for them - he lived and dealt on the streets and came into direct contact with (and must have had intimate knowledge of) many of the street criminal in the centre of Perugia. Plus he then of course became a useful "witness" in the Knox/Sollecito trial process in 2007.

It's extremely easy to imagine a scenario where police or prosecutors called Curatolo in, confronted him with the cast-iron case against him, and said to him something along the lines of "We could take you to court any time we like, and you'd be convicted and jailed for a very long time.... or..... you can help us in every way we tell you to, and we'll just put any thoughts of a trial and prison on ice. Do we have a deal, Toto?"
I understand that Curalto had given testimony in other cases which I find a suspicious coincidence. If the police had asked Curalto to provide testimony against Amanda and Raffaele in return for not being charged for drug offences, this raises the question why would the prosecution who according to Vixen had a mountain of evidence and a slam dunk case need to resort this tactic.
Welshman is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 06:51 AM   #3277
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Welshman View Post
I understand that Curalto had given testimony in other cases which I find a suspicious coincidence. If the police had asked Curalto to provide testimony against Amanda and Raffaele in return for not being charged for drug offences, this raises the question why would the prosecution who according to Vixen had a mountain of evidence and a slam dunk case need to resort this tactic.

*Adopts Francis Urquhart voice* "You might think that (Mattie) - I couldn't possibly comment...."

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors