ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags nafta superhighway , pat buchanan

Old 29th August 2006, 11:55 AM   #1
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

NAFTA Superhighways Nuttiness?

Uncle Fetzer often talks about this on his show and elsewhere; now I see that Pat Buchanan has picked up the torch.

Quote:
The American people never supported NAFTA, and they are angry over Bush's failure to secure the border -- but a shotgun marriage between our two nations appears prearranged. Central feature: a ten-lane, 400-yard-wide NAFTA Super Highway from the Mexican port of Lazaro Cardenas, up to and across the U.S. border, all the way to Canada. Within the median strip dividing the north and south car and truck lanes would be rail lines for both passengers and freight traffic, and oil and gas pipelines.
Buchanan brings in the merger of Canada, the US and Mexico, which he helpfully terms "Mexamerica".

Fetzer likes to claim that this highway would "bifurcate the country" (as if, for example, Route 80 doesn't already).

Anybody beeen following this story? I know crackpot Jerome Corsi has been pushing this hard at Human Events Online. Here's a good debate back and forth between Corsi and John Hawkins, the proprietor of Right Wing News (who doesn't buy the Mexamerica claims).
Brainster is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th August 2006, 12:17 PM   #2
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

Hey, why does Buchanan leave Canada out of the name...no fair...

Canexica seems perfect...

Or, also known as The United Countries of Canexica (UCC)

T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th August 2006, 12:19 PM   #3
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
Originally Posted by T.A.M. View Post

Canexica seems perfect...

Or, also known as The United Countries of Canexica (UCC)

Mexicanerica

Cameca

Amexican

I could have fun with this for hours

Yes, I'm easily amused! Leave me alone! Acanico...
Old 29th August 2006, 12:25 PM   #4
DavidJames
Penultimate Amazing

how about Mexamerica, eh
For 15 years I never put anyone on ignore. I felt it important to see everyone's view point. Finally I realized the value of some views can be measured in negative terms and were personally destructive.
DavidJames is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th August 2006, 12:30 PM   #5
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

Collective Republics of American Persuasion...(C.R.A.P.)
T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th August 2006, 12:31 PM   #6
azazal
Ninja Wave: Techno Ninja

Originally Posted by Huntsman View Post
Mexicanerica

Cameca

Amexican

I could have fun with this for hours

Yes, I'm easily amused! Leave me alone! Acanico...
I always liked The North American Combine. Does this mean I can have my nuke flinging cyber tank now?
Old 29th August 2006, 12:46 PM   #7
Arkan_Wolfshade
Philosopher

Originally Posted by azazal View Post
I always liked The North American Combine. Does this mean I can have my nuke flinging cyber tank now?
I'd prefer
Courtesy The VITAS plague
Arkan_Wolfshade is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th August 2006, 12:51 PM   #8
Bandersnatch
Critical Thinker

He's already got as pegged as Soviet Canuckistan.

The United Soviet Countries of Canexica, USCC?
Bandersnatch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th August 2006, 12:53 PM   #9
azazal

Originally Posted by Arkan_Wolfshade View Post
I'd prefer *snip*
If so, I hope you have plenty of bug spray handy
Old 29th August 2006, 12:55 PM   #10
Arkan_Wolfshade
Philosopher

Originally Posted by azazal View Post
If so, I hope you have plenty of bug spray handy
I'm outside The Loop; I'll be fi...#@$*@((*@ <end transmission>
Arkan_Wolfshade is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th August 2006, 12:56 PM   #11
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

ya me too...my part of North America is not even on the above map
Old 29th August 2006, 12:59 PM   #12
Dog Town
Banned

There ain't enough guns on the planet to divide Texas! Don't Mess With TEXAS!
Dog Town is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th August 2006, 01:05 PM   #13
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Originally Posted by Dog Town View Post
There ain't enough guns on the planet to divide Texas! Don't Mess With TEXAS!
Well, in that map, it wasn't guns.

It was earthquakes, volcanoes, dragons, wizards, elementals, spirits, and other assorted mystical nastiness.
Old 29th August 2006, 01:12 PM   #14
Dog Town
Banned

Well, in that map, it wasn't guns.

It was earthquakes, volcanoes, dragons, wizards, elementals, spirits, and other assorted mystical nastiness.
That was middle earth 2?
Dog Town is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th August 2006, 01:14 PM   #15
azazal

Originally Posted by Dog Town View Post
That was middle earth 2?

http://www.shadowrunrpg.com/
Old 29th August 2006, 01:38 PM   #16
Stellafane
Village Idiot.

Originally Posted by Arkan_Wolfshade View Post
I'd prefer...

They sure assume a lot of west coast tectonic activity over the next 60+ years. (Personally, I think global warming has a better chance of visibly impacting the coastline by then.)
Stellafane is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th August 2006, 01:47 PM   #17
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Originally Posted by Stellafane View Post
They sure assume a lot of west coast tectonic activity over the next 60+ years. (Personally, I think global warming has a better chance of visibly impacting the coastline by then.)
Well, you have to understand the setting.

Basically, magic comes "back" (it's discovered that magic exists, but ebbs and flows over history. MOdern history was in a "low-magic" time). OF course, most of us have no clue about it...but the various Native American tribes had kept the old rituals and such. So the earthquakes, volcanoes, etc were the result of the Native American tribes (along with the native tribes of Central America) getting together to practice a few rituals, and politely request that they get back their native lands.

It's an interesting game
Old 29th August 2006, 01:53 PM   #18
Stellafane
Village Idiot.

Well, you have to understand the setting.

Basically, magic comes "back" (it's discovered that magic exists, but ebbs and flows over history. MOdern history was in a "low-magic" time). OF course, most of us have no clue about it...but the various Native American tribes had kept the old rituals and such. So the earthquakes, volcanoes, etc were the result of the Native American tribes (along with the native tribes of Central America) getting together to practice a few rituals, and politely request that they get back their native lands.

It's an interesting game
Hmm, that actually makes more sense (in a weird way). As for the name of the combined supercountry of Canada, Mexico, and the U.S.A., I'd say that the chances of said country actually coming into being is about on par with it being named "Averyland."
Stellafane is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th August 2006, 02:42 PM   #19
Bandersnatch
Critical Thinker

Hey, my little hometown is on that map!
Bandersnatch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th August 2006, 03:13 PM   #20
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Collective Republics of American Persuasion...(C.R.A.P.)
No good, Canada isn't a republic.....How about The Canmexica Regional Allied Populations?
Horatius is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th August 2006, 03:35 PM   #21
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

It'll do...cause it still spells CRAP...

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories