IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags ae911truth , J. Leroy Hulsey , wtc 7

Old 25th November 2015, 11:28 AM   #161
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Georgio View Post
Not really. I knew I'd get this sort of response - it's pretty standard, I just didn't want to say nothing as I do find it offensive and puerile. And you know full well that my criticism did not begin and end with the use of a particular word.
It's your prerogative to feel offended.

But you see, I am not actually accusing a certain group of people of mass murder - like truthers do.
The whole idea is a parody of the nano-thermite nonsense. Get it, eh? "nano" - *nudge* *nudge* *wink* *wink* Eh?
It's ridiculous and offensive. Yes.
Old 25th November 2015, 12:16 PM   #162
Georgio
Muse

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
But you see, I am not actually accusing a certain group of people of mass murder - like truthers do.
How does what 'truthers' do or don't do relate to what we're talking about?

Quote:
The whole idea is a parody of the nano-thermite nonsense.
Is it really! Well in that case I think the subtlety of your humor is wasted on me and I apologize unreservedly.
Georgio is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th November 2015, 01:25 PM   #163
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by Notconvinced View Post
It doesn't have to be "explosives". You could have had a team of bulldozers placed adjacent to every core column and they might have all toppled their respective posts like synchronized swimmers. I mean, I don't think that's probable, but.... Possible? Sure.
Originally Posted by tsig View Post
Suicidal bulldozer operators? Where do we get such men?
In the realm of 9/11 "truth", his bulldozers are just as likely as explosives or thermite. Certainly they are equal as far as obviousness on 9/11/01.

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th November 2015, 07:24 PM   #164
tsig
a carbon based life-form

Originally Posted by WilliamSeger View Post
Yeah, those poor guys can't even book state fairs, since tractor pulling is so darn popular.
If they wouldn't insist on painting the bulldozers pink and the drivers wearing tutus they might have better luck.

Last edited by tsig; 25th November 2015 at 07:28 PM.
tsig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th November 2015, 11:01 PM   #165
Tony Szamboti
Illuminator

Care to write an actual question?
Column 79 was not a corner column at all - it had bracing from all four sides (although only indirectly from the east).
What's to question there?
Are you saying column 79 needed more lateral support than that provided by the south and west girders so that it would not buckle?

Quote:
The southwest corner wasn't the only bit impacted and damaged when WTC1 fell.
And you ignore the accumulated fire damage.
Are you claiming debris damage besides that on the southwest corner played a part in the collapse of WTC 7?

Can you specify and quantify any fire damage and explain how it would have contributed to the collapse of WTC 7?
Tony Szamboti is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th November 2015, 12:24 AM   #166
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Tony Szamboti View Post
Are you saying column 79 needed more lateral support than that provided by the south and west girders so that it would not buckle?
No, Tony. I am saying that you are wrong to call c79 a corner column, as it was, by design, framed into directly from three sides, and the fourth indirectly.
And I am saying that the structural integrity, as designed by the designers, is premised on all designed elements, including the framing from north and east, being in place and undamaged.

And as an engineer, you of course know this is true and obvious. Your question must be dishonest.

Are you claiming debris damage besides that on the southwest corner played a part in the collapse of WTC 7?
No, Tony. I am claiming that there was damage besides that on the southwest corner and that it cannot be ignored, as the structural integritry of a building is premised on its members not being damaged.

And as an engineer, you of course know this is true and obvious. Your question must be dishonest.

Can you specify and quantify any fire damage and explain how it would have contributed to the collapse of WTC 7?
No, Tony, I cannot, silly. But there were hours of of horrendous fires on multiple floors, and these are absolutely certain to cause major structural damage that must be considered.

Last edited by Oystein; 26th November 2015 at 12:31 AM.
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th November 2015, 12:30 AM   #167
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Yay, look what I found in my email this morning:

"It's Here! - The First Transparent and Unbiased Computer Modeling of WTC 7"

The webpage http://wtc7evaluation.org/ is unlocked now and has a few videos of Hulsey presentations now which I'll watch as soon as ... I have nothing better to do.

The big news is: AE911Truth is funding this study with $214,000 over two years (donations are sought, preferably on a monthly schedule, until April 2017). Who'd have thought Gage would ever put money into research...
Old 26th November 2015, 12:40 AM   #168
Tony Szamboti
Illuminator

No, Tony. I am saying that you are wrong to call c79 a corner column, as it was, by design, framed into directly from three sides, and the fourth indirectly.
And I am saying that the structural integrity, as designed by the designers, is premised on all designed elements, including the framing from north and east, being in place and undamaged.

No, Tony. I am claiming that there was damage besides that on the southwest corner and that it cannot be ignored, as the structural integritry of a building is premised on its members not being damaged.

No, Tony, I cannot, silly. But there were hours of of horrendous fires on multiple floors, and these are absolutely certain to cause major structural damage that must be considered.

Your comments here don't say anything of relevance, are disingenuous, and clearly intended to waste my time. You shouldn't have to ask why if you see I don't bother to reply to any future questions you claim to have.

Last edited by Tony Szamboti; 26th November 2015 at 12:44 AM.
Tony Szamboti is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th November 2015, 12:53 AM   #169
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Your comments here don't say anything of relevance, are disingenuous, and clearly intended to waste my time. You shouldn't have to ask why if you see I don't bother to reply to any future questions you claim to have.
Read: "****** This snotty amateur found me out! I better insult him and then run away!"

Old 26th November 2015, 01:17 AM   #170
Tony Szamboti
Illuminator

Read: "****** This snotty amateur found me out! I better insult him and then run away!"

You have nothing of relevance to refute what I am saying and then have the nerve to claim I am being dishonest.

Oystein, you are shameful.
Old 26th November 2015, 06:04 AM   #171
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
Simple. Since synchronised bulldozing has never been accepted as an Olympic sport, there must be a lot of depressed bulldozer drivers around.

Dave
Were depressed not suicidal, the real question is how you get D8s or D9s snuck into the buildings though those tiny doors, and how you keep them running and operating in the fires
Where the rubber oil seals melt no oil no bulldozers!
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th November 2015, 06:06 AM   #172
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

You have nothing of relevance to refute what I am saying and then have the nerve to claim I am being dishonest.

Stomping your feet and running away, doesn't say much for your engineering ability.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th November 2015, 06:18 AM   #173
Seymour Butz
Muse

Originally Posted by Crazy Chainsaw View Post
Stomping your feet and running away, doesn't say much for your engineering ability.
Actually, it does....
Seymour Butz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th November 2015, 06:19 AM   #174
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Throwing out the usual insults, then complaining that Oystein isn't saying anything relevant?

Dave

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th November 2015, 06:50 AM   #175
tsig
a carbon based life-form

Yay, look what I found in my email this morning:

"It's Here! - The First Transparent and Unbiased Computer Modeling of WTC 7"

The webpage http://wtc7evaluation.org/ is unlocked now and has a few videos of Hulsey presentations now which I'll watch as soon as ... I have nothing better to do.

The big news is: AE911Truth is funding this study with $214,000 over two years (donations are sought, preferably on a monthly schedule, until April 2017). Who'd have thought Gage would ever put money into research...
Only $500 of his own money:

We know many of you are sustaining supporters of AE911Truth, and we are profoundly grateful for your generous commitment. We hope you can dig a little bit deeper for just 18 months to help us fund our most important project to date.

Because I believe so much in Dr. Hulsey’s study, I’m making my own one-time donation of $500 and I'm becoming a monthly sustaining supporter at the $25/month level. Please join me!

Well. ain't that special.
tsig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th November 2015, 06:59 AM   #176
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by tsig View Post
Only $500 of his own money:

We know many of you are sustaining supporters of AE911Truth, and we are profoundly grateful for your generous commitment. We hope you can dig a little bit deeper for just 18 months to help us fund our most important project to date.

Because I believe so much in Dr. Hulsey’s study, I’m making my own one-time donation of $500 and I'm becoming a monthly sustaining supporter at the $25/month level. Please join me!

Well. ain't that special.
You mean only 500 of the money Cters pay him, and 25 more in installments from him of Cters money, which is Gage's only income now.
Old 26th November 2015, 07:21 AM   #177
Tony Szamboti
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
Throwing out the usual insults, then complaining that Oystein isn't saying anything relevant?

Dave
Well, Oystein isn't saying anything relevant, and now that you mention it, neither are you.
Old 26th November 2015, 07:21 AM   #178
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

No CD, no explosives; you make up BS about 911 without evidence. 14 years and the fact remains, no CD. You blame 911 on people who did not do 911 and you can't name the people who did your fantasy version. It is your fantasy, why can't you name them?

Is spreading a false story, spreading a fantasy dishonest? Maybe you believe the lie of CD and don't care there is no evidence. Is that dishonest, or what?
Old 26th November 2015, 07:23 AM   #179
Tony Szamboti
Illuminator

You mean only 500 of the money Cters pay him, and 25 more in installments from him of Cters money, which is Gage's only income now.
Are you going to contribute to the study Crazy? Or do you think we already know what happened to WTC 7 and don't need another study?

The contributions needn't be large. You can contribute just a few dollars per month. Every little bit helps.

Last edited by Tony Szamboti; 26th November 2015 at 07:26 AM.
Old 26th November 2015, 07:26 AM   #180
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Are you going to contribute to the study Crazy? Or do you think we already know what happened to WTC 7 and don't need another study?
Hulsey is a paranoid CTer - no one needs a study done by nuts in 911 truth.

What is the goal?
Old 26th November 2015, 07:27 AM   #181
Tony Szamboti
Illuminator

Originally Posted by beachnut View Post
Hulsey is a paranoid CTer - no one needs a study done by nuts in 911 truth.

What is the goal?
Why have you already categorized Dr. Hulsey before seeing the results of his study and reading what he has to say and the reasons for it?
Old 26th November 2015, 07:35 AM   #182
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

The contributions needn't be large. You can contribute just a few dollars per month. Every little bit helps.
Why should I contribute I already know there was no CD. That means damage and fires are
the only possible cause. So why waste resources looking into a non event.
Jones was always a fraud, sorry you bought into his nonsense but not my fault
that you did
Old 26th November 2015, 07:58 AM   #183
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

http://www.wtc7evaluation.org/

The new nut, or an engineer who likes to get money from idiots to do research - anyone work with people who do papers and research; they take money from anyone, and use any means to gain funding - maybe we have a smart researcher taking advantage of 911 truth's BS fantasy of CD, to gain money...

"steel is a very fire resistant material" :20 seconds in Hulsey said this...
Is steel fire resistant because insulation is added?
Is he talking about "thin film intumescent coatings", which expand like the dust Jones burned?
OR does he mean steel covered with concrete? Concrete is significantly more fire-resistant than steel, and of course used to protect steel from fire.

Using the tag line of "not hit by an airplane", is a red flag for BS. Why not say this building was not hit by Godzilla. ("not hit by an airplane is Hulsey's go to tag line)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-zP...nuCLek8EwtkA7Y
A bullet on his briefings. 7:28
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbHW...nuCLek8EwtkA7Y
6:07, W T C Seven was not struck by a plane - tag line of a CTer? He is a full blown 911 truth nut, on quest for truth.
9:28, Seven facts about building 7, are 911 truth talking points... oops - but he promises a technical team not in AE911T to check the work...
woo on parade...

Last edited by beachnut; 26th November 2015 at 08:06 AM.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th November 2015, 08:06 AM   #184
JSanderO
Illuminator

I would like to see their proposal for the study... Any person who is a signatory to the AE911T petition is disqualified from an objective study.

Last edited by JSanderO; 26th November 2015 at 08:07 AM.
JSanderO is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th November 2015, 08:09 AM   #185
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

False dilemma. A third possibility is that this study is expected to be so biased or so incompetently conducted that its findings will be of no value.

Dave

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th November 2015, 08:09 AM   #186
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by JSanderO View Post
I would like to see their proposal for the study... Any person who is a signatory to the AE911T petition is disqualified from an objective study.

here it is...

Oh, you mean written? Maybe it is here, the woo study in detail.

It has the 7 main points from only steel frame high rise to fail in fire to...
Old 26th November 2015, 08:32 AM   #187
JSanderO
Illuminator

Originally Posted by beachnut View Post

here it is...

Oh, you mean written? Maybe it is here, the woo study in detail.

It has the 7 main points from only steel frame high rise to fail in fire to...
No a written proposal such as double blind studies conducted for NIH... and there is still corruption going on.... but the proposals have the veneer of objectivity and scientific rigor.

I have no problem with additional study of the WTC... If done rigorously and objectively it would be likely explain what some people refuse to accept... that those buildings could and did collapse without explosives.. and perhaps explain it in a comprehensible manner. Maybe
JSanderO is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th November 2015, 09:20 AM   #188
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

No a written proposal such as double blind studies conducted for NIH... and there is still corruption going on.... but the proposals have the veneer of objectivity and scientific rigor.

I have no problem with additional study of the WTC... If done rigorously and objectively it would be likely explain what some people refuse to accept... that those buildings could and did collapse without explosives.. and perhaps explain it in a comprehensible manner. Maybe
No one has a problem with Science just with BS, and fraud.
Old 26th November 2015, 10:14 AM   #189
WilliamSeger
Philosopher

Well, at least that small amount from the millions Gage has raised is actually going to something besides supporting Gage and raising more money.
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th November 2015, 10:16 AM   #190
Spanx
Master Poster

How much are you putting in Tony?

How much will you be paid for your input? (Shill money)

You won't be getting any money from me because I know terrorists exist and are a real threat, it's strange that Ae911truth appear to be under the impression they don't exist.
Spanx is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th November 2015, 10:19 AM   #191
WilliamSeger
Philosopher

Why have you already categorized Dr. Hulsey before seeing the results of his study and reading what he has to say and the reasons for it?
Maybe it's because the expected results have already been announced:
Quote:
We at AE911Truth believe the UAF study will be a turning point in how the destruction of WTC 7 is viewed — both within the engineering community and by the general public.
Not only will the UAF study add credible, cutting-edge research to the existing body of evidence and analysis regarding the destruction of WTC 7, it will also generate an unprecedented level of awareness and willingness to look seriously at how this building was destroyed.
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th November 2015, 10:27 AM   #192
JSanderO
Illuminator

Is Dr. Hulsey a signer of the AE911T petition?
Old 26th November 2015, 10:31 AM   #193
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

No, nor are his students.
Old 26th November 2015, 10:34 AM   #194
Spanx
Master Poster

I personally don't think it makes any difference if he has signed or not. If he didn't agree with the truth movement he wouldn't get the job. I believe you have experience of dealing with Gage ?
Spanx is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th November 2015, 10:46 AM   #195
JSanderO
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Spanx View Post
I personally don't think it makes any difference if he has signed or not. If he didn't agree with the truth movement he wouldn't get the job. I believe you have experience of dealing with Gage ?
Well you are implying a litmus test... and maybe so. Does this imply that any outside studies that AE911T supports would be compromised based on who supplied the funds?

Could the same charge be leveled at Chris Mohr?

Let's see his protocol and inputs and see what sort of rigor this has before dismissing it out of hand. Of course if conclusions don't support Gage's POV it would awfully embarrassing.
Old 26th November 2015, 11:11 AM   #196
Spanx
Master Poster

Well you are implying a litmus test... and maybe so. Does this imply that any outside studies that AE911T supports would be compromised based on who supplied the funds?

Could the same charge be leveled at Chris Mohr?

Let's see his protocol and inputs and see what sort of rigor this has before dismissing it out of hand. Of course if conclusions don't support Gage's POV it would awfully embarrassing.
Can you point me in the direction of any outside studies that AE911 have carried out ?

It would appear that Tony and Gerry will also be a part of this study and anyone else who wants to join in.

I agree, let's see what comes out. Even if it is agreed that the NIST are wrong ?how can they prove it wasn't a terrorist attack and all the other accusations they have made.
Old 26th November 2015, 12:16 PM   #197
JSanderO
Illuminator

Can you point me in the direction of any outside studies that AE911 have carried out ?

It would appear that Tony and Gerry will also be a part of this study and anyone else who wants to join in.

I agree, let's see what comes out. Even if it is agreed that the NIST are wrong ?how can they prove it wasn't a terrorist attack and all the other accusations they have made.
FEA is about modeling the actual structure including the joints, and in this case the materials in the buildings... fire load, fire suppression and location.

Clearly there is no hard data about the fire load, location, duration and spread... same for the fire suppression. I am curious to see where they choose to look. I am looking for an affirmative model which matches the real world.
Old 26th November 2015, 12:31 PM   #198
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Clearly there is no hard data about the fire load, location, duration and spread... same for the fire suppression. I am curious to see where they choose to look. I am looking for an affirmative model which matches the real world.
There lies a problem. What do you mean by "matching the real world" if it's not known what the actual building condition was.

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th November 2015, 12:38 PM   #199
JSanderO
Illuminator

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
There lies a problem. What do you mean by "matching the real world" if it's not known what the actual building condition was.
The real world video that we see... where the fires shoot out, the drop of the EPH then the screen wall and the WPH and the tall kink and the twisting of the moment frame... A gif which looks like what the vids show.
Old 26th November 2015, 12:41 PM   #200
Tony Szamboti
Illuminator

There is no question that what occurred in NYC on Sept. 11, 2001 was a result of a terrorist attack. That is not an issue and never has been. The problem is that the evidence points to more involvement than what those in the aircraft had. This means there were additional terrorists involved who have yet to be apprehended and are still at large.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories