IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 22nd January 2017, 06:46 PM   #281
Old coarse guy
Banned

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
He thinks it's important to the topic of this thread?
I think you need to rephrase that. Unless you think Shyam Sunder follows these threads.
Old coarse guy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2017, 06:48 PM   #282
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Originally Posted by Tony Szamboti View Post
I am smelling a bunch of individuals on this forum jumping to conclusions on the Plasco building collapse because it fits a narrative they want to believe with WTC 7. It has nothing to do with reality.

I think I am going to see what investigatory details emerge on the Plasco collapse and do some analysis on my own before coming to a conclusion.

There are violent and somewhat focused expulsions emanating from the Plasco building right before and during the collapse which do not immediately lends themselves to natural means.
Ah yes, "I know you are but what am I", combined with a retreat to the motte. Sunk costs are so hard to mentally ditch, aren't they?

Last edited by LSSBB; 22nd January 2017 at 06:50 PM.
LSSBB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2017, 06:49 PM   #283
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Originally Posted by Old coarse guy View Post
Well, do you know which buildings Shyam was referring to when he corrected himself from saying 17 to 15 storeys?
Nobody is dodging anything, but you seem to be making comparisons between 2 buildings here because you want to make the comparison, not because the comparison is fair.
You are dodging, because you are not directly addressing the question of what difference it makes, just passing the buck.
Old 22nd January 2017, 06:50 PM   #284
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

I think you need to rephrase that. Unless you think Shyam Sunder follows these threads.
You are using his statements. To what end are you doing so?

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2017, 06:50 PM   #285
Tony Szamboti
Illuminator

Originally Posted by skyeagle409 View Post
Speaking of details, which photo depicts WTC 7 rubble?

Photo 1

http://911research.wtc7.net/wtc/evid.../docs/b7_2.jpg

Photo 2

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/...trip=all&w=800
Of course, the first is WTC 7 and the second is the Plasco building. I am glad you posted these as it is unusual in a pancaking collapse to have an exterior wall on top of the pile. That is something one would expect in an implosion and even the NIST consultant Ramon Gilsanz admitted that WTC 7 was an implosion. It appears that the Plasco collapse was due to an implosion also.

Last edited by Tony Szamboti; 22nd January 2017 at 06:53 PM.
Tony Szamboti is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2017, 06:52 PM   #286
The Big Dog

I am smelling a bunch of individuals on this forum jumping to conclusions on the Plasco building collapse because it fits a narrative they want to believe with WTC 7. It has nothing to do with reality.

I think I am going to see what investigatory details emerge on the Plasco collapse and do some analysis on my own before coming to a conclusion.

There are violent and somewhat focused expulsions emanating from the Plasco building right before and during the collapse which do not immediately lends themselves to natural means.
Yeah, the forced expulsions were due to the beginning of the collapse due to a huge fire.

Not a natural cause at all!
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2017, 06:54 PM   #287
Tony Szamboti
Illuminator

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Yeah, the forced expulsions were due to the beginning of the collapse due to a huge fire.

Not a natural cause at all!
Can you explain the mechanism that you believe would violently force air out in a relatively focused way?

By the way, these expulsions happen just before the collapse starts and throughout the entire collapse.

Last edited by Tony Szamboti; 22nd January 2017 at 06:55 PM.
Tony Szamboti is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2017, 06:56 PM   #288
pgimeno
Illuminator

So you agree that Shyam said "over 15 storeys" presumably ?

Do you agree that the building was 42m high ?
No, why should I? I can't measure it in the photo, but I can count storeys, and I count 16. 17 if you include the roof.
pgimeno is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2017, 06:57 PM   #289
pgimeno
Illuminator

It is 15 in that photo. Count window lines and where there are air conditioners for the top 14 floors and you will see just one story below.
I see two below. One under a porch (at street level) and another above it.
pgimeno is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2017, 06:58 PM   #290
benthamitemetric
Muse

I'm smelling an epistemologically crippled mechanical engineer who has spent 8 years chasing a fantasy only to have forensic structural engineering experts lay bare with their independent analyses the erroneous ways he had to conceptualize aspects of the WTC building collapses in order to keep said fantasy alive. The flaws in his approaches include relying on a clearly erroneous heating model that omits pre-heating and arbitrarily truncates the direct heating phase of a traveling fire and attempting to model floor collapses with a horribly over-simplified girder connection "model" that does not even take into account reasonable damage to such connections due to the fires known to be present on the floors in question (see also here).

Must be quite the gut punch to now also have to watch a reality directly intervene and demonstrate to all his followers that he has been just feeding them woo for years.

Wake up, Tony.

Last edited by benthamitemetric; 22nd January 2017 at 07:01 PM.
benthamitemetric is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2017, 06:59 PM   #291
The Big Dog

Can you explain the mechanism that you believe would violently force air out in a relatively focused way?
"Relatively"? Violently?

Yes, the partial collapse of the structure. Ever use a bellows?
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2017, 07:00 PM   #292
Old coarse guy
Banned

You are using his statements. To what end are you doing so?
To establish whether the collapse of this building would change Shyam Sunder's statement that he was not aware of any other building having collapsed predominantly due to fire that was over sevente fifteen storeys, had this collapse happened prior to 911.
Old coarse guy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2017, 07:03 PM   #293
The Big Dog

To establish whether the collapse of this building would change Shyam Sunder's statement that he was not aware of any other building having collapsed predominantly due to fire that was over sevente fifteen storeys, had this collapse happened prior to 911.
Had it happened prior to 9/11?

That is hilarious!
Old 22nd January 2017, 07:03 PM   #294
Old coarse guy
Banned

Originally Posted by pgimeno View Post
No, why should I? I can't measure it in the photo, but I can count storeys, and I count 16. 17 if you include the roof.
So what height was the building then, 42m ? We agree ?
Old 22nd January 2017, 07:04 PM   #295
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Who cares? Have you contacted him?

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2017, 07:06 PM   #296
Tony Szamboti
Illuminator

Originally Posted by benthamitemetric View Post
I'm smelling an epistemologically crippled mechanical engineer who has spent 8 years chasing a fantasy only to have forensic structural engineering experts lay bare with their independent analyses the erroneous ways he had to conceptualize aspects of the WTC building collapses in order to keep said fantasy alive. The flaws in his approaches include relying on a clearly erroneous heating model that omits pre-heating and arbitrarily truncates the direct heating phase of a traveling fire and attempting to model floor collapses with a horribly over-simplified girder connection "model" that does not even take into account reasonable damage to such connections due to the fires known to be present on the floors in question (see also here).

Must be quite the gut punch to now also have to watch a reality directly intervene and demonstrate to all his followers that he has been just feeding them woo for years.

Wake up, Tony.
When you explain the simultaneous free fall acceleration of all four corners of WTC 7 as being due to fire maybe then we can talk. Until then I am casting my pearls among swine by even contemplating your silly arguments. There is only one explanation for the simultaneous free fall over the full length and width of the building and neither NIST, ARUP, or WAI explain it. That is because it won't comport with what they want to say.

It is kind of like we aren't going to discuss what seat you get at the show when you don't even have the money for admission.

Last edited by Tony Szamboti; 22nd January 2017 at 07:08 PM.
Old 22nd January 2017, 07:09 PM   #297
Old coarse guy
Banned

Who cares? Have you contacted him?
Previously yes through his office, many times. But not in this specific regard, yet.
What height do you think this building was? The CTBUH don't give a figure, but as I showed you in my link, they do state 17 storeys specifically above ground. Does 142m seem a bit low to you for this many storeys above ground ?
Old 22nd January 2017, 07:10 PM   #298
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Very easy to explain. Just think how air is forced out of a syringe.

Quote:
By the way, these expulsions happen just before the collapse starts and throughout the entire collapse.

As an expert of 31 years, you are supposed to know what that means, so go ahead and explain it to us because I want to see how much you know, or should I say, don't know.

Last edited by skyeagle409; 22nd January 2017 at 07:11 PM.
skyeagle409 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2017, 07:10 PM   #299
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Previously yes through his office, many times. But not in this specific regard, yet.
What height do you think this building was? The CTBUH don't give a figure, but as I showed you in my link, they do state 17 storeys specifically above ground. Does 142m seem a bit low to you for this many storeys above ground ?
I ask again, how does it matter?

Old 22nd January 2017, 07:11 PM   #300
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Fire did it, you have a fantasy version with no evidence. Sad to see ae911t make up lies about another fire so they can keep the fraud up, and keep donations coming in to support Gage's one man travel club.
Old 22nd January 2017, 07:12 PM   #301
Old coarse guy
Banned

I ask again, how does it matter?
It matters because it would change the validity Shyam's statement retrospectively. How many times?

ETA the 42m thing, my "1" keeps sticking for some reason, you didn't answer that yet, despite being asked.

Last edited by Old coarse guy; 22nd January 2017 at 07:13 PM.
Old 22nd January 2017, 07:14 PM   #302
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

It matters because it would change the validity Shyam's statement retrospectively. How many times?

ETA the 42m thing, my "1" keeps sticking for some reason, you didn't answer that yet, despite being asked.
Why should I care about his statement?

Old 22nd January 2017, 07:14 PM   #303
The Big Dog

Giggle!
Old 22nd January 2017, 07:15 PM   #304
Old coarse guy
Banned

Why should I care about his statement?
Look, if you're not going to answer, just say that instead of 3 and 4 word questions for replies.
Old 22nd January 2017, 07:16 PM   #305
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Look, if you're not going to answer, just say that instead of 3 and 4 word questions for replies.
Did I miss something? What didn't I answer?

Old 22nd January 2017, 07:18 PM   #306
Old coarse guy
Banned

Did I miss something? What didn't I answer?
Do you think that 42m seems high enough to have 17 storeys above ground ?
Old 22nd January 2017, 07:18 PM   #307
skyeagle409
Master Poster

When you explain the simultaneous free fall acceleration of all four corners of WTC 7 as being due to fire maybe then we can talk. Until then I am casting my pearls among swine by even contemplating your silly arguments.

It is silly to claim that explosives were responsible for the destruction the WTC buildings despite the lack of visual, audio, hardware, and seismic data evidence.

I can simply use the following video to debunk the claim that explosives were used to demolish WTC 7.

WTC 7 Collapse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD06SAf0p9A
skyeagle409 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2017, 07:20 PM   #308
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Do you think that 42m seems high enough to have 17 storeys above ground ?
I question the relevance.

Old 22nd January 2017, 07:20 PM   #309
pgimeno
Illuminator

I have no reliable information on the height of the building.
Old 22nd January 2017, 07:22 PM   #310
Old coarse guy
Banned

I question the relevance.
The relevance is the absence of awareness from NIST of any other building collapsing predominantly due to fire being over 15 storeys high. As to that cut off point of 15 storeys, you should ask NIST about that at the email address that i provided you.
Old 22nd January 2017, 07:23 PM   #311
The Big Dog

The relevance is the absence of awareness from NIST of any other building collapsing predominantly due to fire being over 15 storeys high. As to that cut off point of 15 storeys, you should ask NIST about that at the email address that i provided you.
Well now there are at least two!
Old 22nd January 2017, 07:23 PM   #312
pgimeno
Illuminator

I see two below. One under a porch (at street level) and another above it.
Here:

Old 22nd January 2017, 07:24 PM   #313
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

This matters how? Do you claim there is an absolute value for a building that can or can not collapse (or the NIST did)?

Last edited by DGM; 22nd January 2017 at 07:25 PM.
Old 22nd January 2017, 07:26 PM   #314
Tony Szamboti
Illuminator

Originally Posted by skyeagle409 View Post
Very easy to explain. Just think how air is forced out of a syringe.

As an expert of 31 years, you are supposed to know what that means, so go ahead and explain it to us because I want to see how much you know, or should I say, don't know.

I don't think the syringe analogy works, as it has a structural funnel, which the building doesn't have.
Old 22nd January 2017, 07:27 PM   #315
Old coarse guy
Banned

This matters how? Do you claim there is an absolute value for a building that can or can not collapse (or the NIST did)?
No Shyam Sunder does, in this video here at around 32s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IkiLxdn-5Q

ETA I don't think NIST will stand by this.
Old 22nd January 2017, 07:28 PM   #316
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

No Shyam Sunder does, in this video here at around 32s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IkiLxdn-5Q

ETA I don't think NIST will stand by this.
Why should I care?

Old 22nd January 2017, 07:28 PM   #317
Tony Szamboti
Illuminator

I think you are double counting the bottom floor.
Old 22nd January 2017, 07:29 PM   #318
Old coarse guy
Banned

Why should I care?
For the same reason that you replied.
Old 22nd January 2017, 07:30 PM   #319
The Big Dog

I don't think the syringe analogy works, as it has a structural funnel, which the building doesn't have.
Have you ever dropped a sheet of plywood, Tony? Moves quite a lot air around.

Try it sometime.
Old 22nd January 2017, 07:30 PM   #320
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

For the same reason that you replied.
Please explain?

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories