IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 22nd January 2017, 07:31 PM   #321
Old coarse guy
Banned

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
Please explain?
Explain what ?
Old coarse guy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2017, 07:32 PM   #322
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by Old coarse guy View Post
Explain what ?
Why this is important.

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2017, 07:32 PM   #323
The Big Dog

Originally Posted by Tony Szamboti View Post
I think you are double counting the bottom floor.
You mean the one floor beneath the horizontal concrete beam?

Looks like a 1 to me.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2017, 07:34 PM   #324
Old coarse guy
Banned

Why this is important.
It is important because the height that I see given for the building is 42m. The amount of storeys that you and many others are claiming is 17. That makes no sense in terms of anyone's thinking, including NIST's and the CTBUH.

Does it make sense to you ?
Old coarse guy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2017, 07:34 PM   #325
Tony Szamboti
Illuminator

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Have you ever dropped a sheet of plywood, Tony? Moves quite a lot air around.

Try it sometime.
Maybe you can do an experiment and drop a piece of plywood into a wooden cage filled with flour and see if it comes out in a focused way at just certain places through the exterior of the cage.

I don't need to do an experiment to know it won't but maybe you do.

Last edited by Tony Szamboti; 22nd January 2017 at 07:38 PM.
Tony Szamboti is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2017, 07:35 PM   #326
pgimeno
Illuminator

Originally Posted by pgimeno View Post
And here:

It's likely that whoever counted 17, counted the penthouse as one.
pgimeno is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2017, 07:37 PM   #327
Tony Szamboti
Illuminator

Originally Posted by pgimeno View Post
And here:
http://www.formauri.es/personal/pgim..._storeys_2.jpg
It's likely that whoever counted 17, counted the penthouse as one.
16 isn't right either. The building was 15 stories above ground. That is what the Iranian sites mostly say and that is what I count.

Last edited by Tony Szamboti; 22nd January 2017 at 07:40 PM.
Tony Szamboti is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2017, 07:37 PM   #328
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

It is important because the height that I see given for the building is 42m. The amount of storeys that you and many others are claiming is 17. That makes no sense in terms of anyone's thinking, including NIST's and the CTBUH.

Does it make sense to you ?
I've given no value for height. What difference does the height matter?

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2017, 07:39 PM   #329
Tony Szamboti
Illuminator

It doesn't matter to you that they got it wrong? Doesn't it make you less confident that what they are telling you is right?
Old 22nd January 2017, 07:40 PM   #330
The Big Dog

Maybe you can do an experiment and drop a piece of plywood into a cage filled with flour and see if it comes out in a focused way at just certain places through the exterior of the cage.

I don't think it will.
Will do....

It did.

Think how I managed to do that.... It involved walls.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2017, 07:41 PM   #331
Old coarse guy
Banned

Okay, so let's say that a building had 17 storeys that were 1m high each, and another had 17 storeys that were 3m high each. Would that matter in respect to those 2 buildings if you were researching/discussing them ?
Old 22nd January 2017, 07:41 PM   #332
Tony Szamboti
Illuminator

Will do....

It did.

Think how I managed to do that.... It involved walls.
I am having a hard time believing you. Do you have a video?
Old 22nd January 2017, 07:42 PM   #333
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

It doesn't matter to you that they got it wrong? Doesn't it make you less confident that what they are telling you is right?
It would if there was a alternative theory that I could examine.

Old 22nd January 2017, 07:44 PM   #334
Tony Szamboti
Illuminator

It would if there was a alternative theory that I could examine.
When you find out that the news got something wrong doesn't that lessen your confidence in and make you more skeptical of what they say?

You don't need a ready and waiting alternative to lose confidence in and be skeptical when you find what was told to you was wrong.

Last edited by Tony Szamboti; 22nd January 2017 at 07:46 PM.
Old 22nd January 2017, 07:45 PM   #335
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Okay, so let's say that a building had 17 storeys that were 1m high each, and another had 17 storeys that were 3m high each. Would that matter in respect to those 2 buildings if you were researching/discussing them ?
You really need to make a coherent argument.

Old 22nd January 2017, 07:47 PM   #336
Old coarse guy
Banned

You really need to make a coherent argument.
Do you agree that the building was 42m high ?

FYI that is a coherent question. Try a straight answer.
Old 22nd January 2017, 07:48 PM   #337
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

When you find out that the news got something wrong doesn't that lessen your confidence in and make you more skeptical of what they say?

You don't need a ready and waiting alternative to lose confidence in and be skeptical when you find what was told to you was wrong.
Present the argument that show accepted reality is false.

Old 22nd January 2017, 07:49 PM   #338
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Do you agree that the building was 42m high ?

FYI that is a coherent question. Try a straight answer.
I ask, Why should I care?

Old 22nd January 2017, 07:49 PM   #339
The Big Dog

I am having a hard time believing you. Do you have a video?
No, did you want me to take one?

I did not even bother with cage! I dropped it in my garage, and used dead leaves instead of flour. The leaves went billowing out the door. Fun.
Old 22nd January 2017, 07:50 PM   #340
Tony Szamboti
Illuminator

Present the argument that show accepted reality is false.
The articles, as well as the CTBUH listing for it, that claimed the Plasco building was 17 stories above ground when it clearly was 15 stories above ground.
Old 22nd January 2017, 07:51 PM   #341
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

The articles, as well as the CTBUH listing for it, that claimed the Plasco building was 17 stories above ground when it clearly was 15 stories above ground.
It matters how?

Old 22nd January 2017, 07:51 PM   #342
Tony Szamboti
Illuminator

No, did you want me to take one?

I did not even bother with cage! I dropped it in my garage, and used dead leaves instead of flour. The leaves went billowing out the door. Fun.
The leaves would not mimic air. I don't think your experiment was relevant and don't see how it told you anything.

If you aren't serious please stop responding.
Old 22nd January 2017, 07:52 PM   #343
Old coarse guy
Banned

I ask, Why should I care?
You are asking me why you should care what height and how many storeys the building in the title of this thread had ? Seriously ???
Old 22nd January 2017, 07:52 PM   #344
skyeagle409
Master Poster

I don't think the syringe analogy works, as it has a structural funnel, which the building doesn't have.

The syringe analogy works because the interior of a building consist mostly of air, so as each floor collapses upon one another, where is all of that interior air going to go?

Last edited by skyeagle409; 22nd January 2017 at 07:56 PM.
skyeagle409 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2017, 07:52 PM   #345
Tony Szamboti
Illuminator

It matters how?
Accuracy matters in analysis.
Old 22nd January 2017, 07:53 PM   #346
Tony Szamboti
Illuminator

Originally Posted by skyeagle409 View Post
The syringe analogy works because the interior of a building consist mostly of air, so as each floor collapses upon another, where is all of that interior air going to go?
There is no funnel in the building to a particular location like there is with the syringe. The air in the building should blow out all four sides fairly evenly if a floor collapsed upon another. Why don't we see that?

Last edited by Tony Szamboti; 22nd January 2017 at 07:55 PM.
Old 22nd January 2017, 07:54 PM   #347
The Big Dog

The leaves would not mimic air. I don't think your experiment was relevant and don't see how it told you anything.

If you aren't serious please stop responding.
The leaves are not mimicking "air" for Christ sake.

If you are not serious, please stop responding.
Old 22nd January 2017, 07:54 PM   #348
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

You are asking me why you should care what height and how many storeys the building in the title of this thread had ? Seriously ???
Yes I am. Please explain the point you are making questioning the actual height?

Old 22nd January 2017, 07:56 PM   #349
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Accuracy matters in analysis.
Yes it does. A valid starting hypothesis is also important.

Old 22nd January 2017, 07:57 PM   #350
Old coarse guy
Banned

Yes I am. Please explain the point you are making questioning the actual height?
I am questioning if this joins Shyam's "building 7 club" of failures of buildings over 15 storeys, due predominantly to fire.
Old 22nd January 2017, 07:59 PM   #351
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

I am questioning if this joins Shyam's "building 7 club" of failures of buildings over 15 storeys, due predominantly to fire.
Does it really matter?

Old 22nd January 2017, 08:01 PM   #352
Old coarse guy
Banned

Does it really matter?
Yes, of course it does. Because if the building IS over 15 storeys then that doubles the membership of Shyam's "building 7 club".

So do you agree that the building was 42m high ?
Old 22nd January 2017, 08:01 PM   #353
Tony Szamboti
Illuminator

Yes it does. A valid starting hypothesis is also important.
Well when I see free fall or near free fall acceleration and focused expulsions from a collapsing building, that was also on fire, both fire and explosives are going to be involved in my initial hypotheses.
Old 22nd January 2017, 08:02 PM   #354
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Yes, of course it does. Because if the building IS over 15 storeys then that doubles the membership of Shyam's "building 7 club".

So do you agree that the building was 42m high ?
Why does it matter? Is someone somewhere keeping a score?

Who belongs to this "club"?

Last edited by DGM; 22nd January 2017 at 08:04 PM.
Old 22nd January 2017, 08:04 PM   #355
Old coarse guy
Banned

A valid starting hypothesis is also important.Except for ascertaining the amount of storeys and the height of the building that we are discussing

Fixed that for ya.

Welcome.
Old 22nd January 2017, 08:04 PM   #356
skyeagle409
Master Poster

There is no funnel in the building to a particular location like there is with the syringe.

You are giving me an excuse to question your claim as a 31-year expert because an expert would have known exactly what I am talking about.

Quote:
The air in the building should blow out all four sides fairly evenly if a floor collapsed upon another. Why don't we see that?

What does the 'path of least resistance' mean? As a 31-year expert, you are supposed to know how that applies when a building collapses.
skyeagle409 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2017, 08:05 PM   #357
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Well when I see free fall or near free fall acceleration and focused expulsions from a collapsing building, that was also on fire, both fire and explosives are going to be involved in my initial hypotheses.
Someone should care what you "see" why?

Old 22nd January 2017, 08:05 PM   #358
Old coarse guy
Banned

Why does it matter? Is someone somewhere keeping a score?

Who belongs to this "club"?
Apparently NIST are yes. As you can see in the much posted video around 32s. Would you like me to post it for you again ?

WTC7 is so far the only member, as per Shyam Sunder in said video.
Old 22nd January 2017, 08:08 PM   #359
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Fixed that for ya.

Welcome.
I'm done with you. dodging my post by altering them is seen by members here as the ultimate deception.

Old 22nd January 2017, 08:10 PM   #360
Old coarse guy
Banned

I'm done with you. dodging my post by altering them is seen by members hear as the ultimate deception.
I posted the addition in red and stated that i fixed it for you. I understand why you would rather not have this exchange with me though.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories